Court Records
https://forums.court-records.net/

"I just want to know one thing"
https://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15399
Page 10 of 11

Author:  Addikt [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler: AAI - Case 4 spoiler
Ok, does anyone know what von Karma means when he says to Edgeworth at the beginning of AAI - 4 "Disgracing yourself as Faraday has will not be forgiven"? Is he trying to tell Edgeworth that messing up as Faraday did would be disgraceful? Or something different?

I know it's probably just a minor translation error but this is more than slightly bothering me.

Also, how do you pronounce NORGGOOOOOON (or any of Edgeworth's exclimations)? ... Because that just sounds extremely weird in my head and I hope that Edgeworth's sounds sound more dignified out loud than on paper.

Author:  Regy Rusty [ Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

I'm not sure what "translation error" you're seeing there. It does mean what you wrote after the quote.

Author:  Addikt [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Ugh, Ok, just seems that is was worded in a confusing way. Enough that everyone I showed it to couldn't understand it either.

Thanks :)

Author:  Croik [ Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

I can see where you might have been confused, but yes, it is proper English. If you wrote it out more precisely it would be:

Spoiler:
"Disgracing yourself as Faraday has disgraced himself will not be forgiven." I.E. don't get yourself accused of murder by your own suspect!

Author:  major_pw_fan [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:26 am ]
Post subject:  case 3 *spoilers*

Spoiler: case 3
later on in the last case lauren confesses that she killed oliver decon in the stadium yet his body is found in the garage in another area of the park wouldnt she think , "wait why is his body here i killed him but didnt put it here", what gives

Author:  DoMaya [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

I have a question about AAI.

Spoiler: Is he?
Image

Author:  Icarus [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

DoMaya wrote:
I have a question about AAI.

Spoiler: Is he?
Image


Course, dawg, otherwise he woulda tapped dat skinny flight attendant's fine ass.

Author:  Croik [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: case 3 *spoilers*

major_pw_fan wrote:
Spoiler: case 3
later on in the last case lauren confesses that she killed oliver decon in the stadium yet his body is found in the garage in another area of the park wouldnt she think , "wait why is his body here i killed him but didnt put it here", what gives


Spoiler:
She's obviously not one prone to much thinking.

Author:  Denn1s [ Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler: case 2
In the Character files of CR, it says that Akbey Hicks's name comes from yawn and hiccup, but since he is an Interpol agent, could it also come that it's almost pronounced as 'icks', as in Agent X?

Author:  Marche Tobaye [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Is it true that there is no "standard" game over scenario, like in Hotel Dusk and Last Window? I mean, as opposed to the judge declaring a guilty verdict in AA1-4.

Author:  Tifforo [ Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Marche Tobaye wrote:
Is it true that there is no "standard" game over scenario, like in Hotel Dusk and Last Window? I mean, as opposed to the judge declaring a guilty verdict in AA1-4.


The game overs vary in terms of which innocent person gets put on trial and whatnot, but they all end with Edgeworth saying something like "the truth was lost forever."

You won't be seeing them much, though, because aside from the later portions of the last case and one difficult set of cross-examinations in the third case, it's the easiest Ace Attorney game. The mysteries are still fairly complicated, but the game gives you pretty good hints and you can only get 10% of your life off with each penalty.
Spoiler:
Except for a few 20% penalties near the end.

Author:  Shiki Tohno [ Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Sorry to be reviving an old thread (especially since the second game is about to come out, or already out), but I need to ask something that's been nagging at me since I first played this. Spoilering just to be safe.

Spoiler:
What the hell are the meanings/puns with several characters from the game? There's a few that are rather obvious (Jacques Portsman, Buddy Faith, Mack Rell, Deid Mann, Lauren Paups, et al), but there's a couple ones I STILL don't get. Such as Allebahst (wtf), Babahl (wtfwtf) and Cohdopia (WTF).

Author:  zachariah Von-Karma [ Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Shiki Tohno wrote:
Sorry to be reviving an old thread (especially since the second game is about to come out, or already out), but I need to ask something that's been nagging at me since I first played this. Spoilering just to be safe.

Spoiler:
What the hell are the meanings/puns with several characters from the game? There's a few that are rather obvious (Jacques Portsman, Buddy Faith, Mack Rell, Deid Mann, Lauren Paups, et al), but there's a couple ones I STILL don't get. Such as Allebahst (wtf), Babahl (wtfwtf) and Cohdopia (WTF).


I dont think the names of the countries were supposed to be jokes, but were made up to sound real yet not similar to any pre-existing countries.

Although at a long shot to try and come up with a pun for the names
Allebahst= all the best (referrence to Alba thinking he is best)
Babahl= babble (due to Colias constantly babbling about coupons)
Cohdopia= double country (mixing the words couple and double forshadowing the eventual split.)

these are just ideas. if anyone has any better ideas then please say them.

Author:  Alunissage [ Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

"Allebahst" made me think of "alabaster", which is white -- going with Alba, which of course means "white". That might work with Babahl/babble for matching the ambassadors.

Cohdopia made me think of co + -topia (as in utopia, dystopia), co-country.

The initials are A + B = C. *shrug*

On a different naming note, the instant I saw Cammy Meele in the game I thought of "chameleon", protective coloration, and thus instantly suspicious. But then, I associate chamomile tea more with colds than with sleepiness, so that never occurred to me.

Author:  P.B. Crudstache [ Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Just wondering
Spoiler: Case 3, Case 5
Did Ernest Amano really buy the haunted house, or just forge the papers? Also, did he know Alba from the smuggling ring?
Sorry if this has already been posted.

Author:  IHATECLOUD [ Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:
Just wondering
Spoiler: Case 3, Case 5
Did Ernest Amano really buy the haunted house, or just forge the papers? Also, did he know Alba from the smuggling ring?
Sorry if this has already been posted.


I'm pretty sure he could have done either with the papers, since he had the forensics team at his disposal, so he could have had someone else he knew forge the papers. He could have been a great dad and bought the papers too. I'm leaning towards the former, since he was in a smuggling ring and all. And I don't think he knew Alba, because I thought I remember one of the characters saying that they didn't know who their boss was, they just received the orders through the calling cards. I'd have to play Investigations again, though.

Author:  P.B. Crudstache [ Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Shiki Tohno wrote:
Sorry to be reviving an old thread (especially since the second game is about to come out, or already out), but I need to ask something that's been nagging at me since I first played this. Spoilering just to be safe.

Spoiler:
What the hell are the meanings/puns with several characters from the game? There's a few that are rather obvious (Jacques Portsman, Buddy Faith, Mack Rell, Deid Mann, Lauren Paups, et al), but there's a couple ones I STILL don't get. Such as Allebahst (wtf), Babahl (wtfwtf) and Cohdopia (WTF).


I agree with Babahl-Babble, but couldn't Allebahst be made to sound like Alba's? He is after all ambassador for that country. I got no idea what Cohdopia is.

Author:  IHATECLOUD [ Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:
Shiki Tohno wrote:
Sorry to be reviving an old thread (especially since the second game is about to come out, or already out), but I need to ask something that's been nagging at me since I first played this. Spoilering just to be safe.

Spoiler:
What the hell are the meanings/puns with several characters from the game? There's a few that are rather obvious (Jacques Portsman, Buddy Faith, Mack Rell, Deid Mann, Lauren Paups, et al), but there's a couple ones I STILL don't get. Such as Allebahst (wtf), Babahl (wtfwtf) and Cohdopia (WTF).


I agree with Babahl-Babble, but couldn't Allebahst be made to sound like Alba's? He is after all ambassador for that country. I got no idea what Cohdopia is.


Quercus Alba's name literally means "white oak", because that's the name of... well, white oak! So I'm pretty sure Allebahst is related to "alabaster" and it's whiteness.

Author:  EdgeworthxOldbag [ Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler: case 1
I have a, in the first case, Gumshoe is considered to the killer because they thought Buddy(the vitcim) wrote his name on the casefile books. But what Portsman didn't expect is that Badd would come in and steal one of those books. This proves his innocence because he wouldn't be dumb enough to take a book with a name bloodily written on it and ignore the others. I'm just thinking if Badd never comes in they day, wouldn't have Gumshoe been screwed?

Author:  CatMuto [ Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
Spoiler: case 1
I have a, in the first case, Gumshoe is considered to the killer because they thought Buddy(the vitcim) wrote his name on the casefile books. But what Portsman didn't expect is that Badd would come in and steal one of those books. This proves his innocence because he wouldn't be dumb enough to take a book with a name bloodily written on it and ignore the others. I'm just thinking if Badd never comes in they day, wouldn't have Gumshoe been screwed?


Plot Convenience.
Sure it would've ended badly, but it is also very likely that Edgeworth could've gotten him out of a predicament as well. It's been a few months since I've replayed the Case, so my memory might be a bit off about details...

C-A

Author:  ekree [ Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
Spoiler: case 1
I have a, in the first case, Gumshoe is considered to the killer because they thought Buddy(the vitcim) wrote his name on the casefile books. But what Portsman didn't expect is that Badd would come in and steal one of those books. This proves his innocence because he wouldn't be dumb enough to take a book with a name bloodily written on it and ignore the others. I'm just thinking if Badd never comes in they day, wouldn't have Gumshoe been screwed?

Spoiler:
Yeah, pretty much. Portsman probably would've had him arrested immediately, and Edgeworth wouldn't have had enough time to figure everything out. Not to mention all that business with Maggey wouldn't have even happened, which ended up giving Edgey a few important clues IIRC.

Author:  Voodoo Lady [ Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Who's the guy in the Proto Badger costume in case 3? The dialogue would seem to indicate that he's a recurring character but I can't figure out who he is.

Author:  Bad Player [ Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Supposedly the Bellboy.

Author:  Gentle Criminal [ Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Bad Player wrote:
Supposedly the Bellboy.


what makes you say the bellboy?

Author:  Jean Descole [ Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Inspector Cabanela wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Supposedly the Bellboy.


what makes you say the bellboy?


He drops an "Ab-SO-lutely" some time during his conversation with Edgeworth, IIRC.

Author:  Gentle Criminal [ Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Adrian in black wrote:
Inspector Cabanela wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Supposedly the Bellboy.


what makes you say the bellboy?


He drops an "Ab-SO-lutely" some time during his conversation with Edgeworth, IIRC.


im playing that case right now im gonna check it out :yogi:

Author:  Gentle Criminal [ Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Adrian in black wrote:
Inspector Cabanela wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Supposedly the Bellboy.


what makes you say the bellboy?


He drops an "Ab-SO-lutely" some time during his conversation with Edgeworth, IIRC.


Just noticed it also plus another thing the way he bows when speaking to edgeworth
Spoiler:
Image the Bow

Author:  Sir Duke [ Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler:
why does Edgeworth give Gummy a raise at the end?

Author:  Going for Miles [ Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

What I'd like to know is more why he hasn't done so earlier.

Author:  WaitingforGodot [ Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

GoingforMiles wrote:
What I'd like to know is more why he hasn't done so earlier.


Oui. :edgey: :edgey:

Author:  shippersdreamer [ Thu May 15, 2014 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

WaitingforGodot wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:
What I'd like to know is more why he hasn't done so earlier.


Oui. :edgey: :edgey:


I don't think that's ENTIRELY his fault (it's still partially), but Gumshoe's salary is reviewed and handled by more than just Edgeworth alone...but yeah I really have no idea why he hasn't done this before. (Although maybe he just kept Gumshoe from getting fired all the time idk)

Author:  Going for Miles [ Thu May 15, 2014 5:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

True, but every ipsy pipsy little bit Gumshoe does wrong he comes and threatens to cut his salary, at this point it has gone from annoying to plain sad. And he has helped Gumshoe from getting fired at least once, saying firing Gumshoe would be aloss for th entire socety or something like that :edgey:

Author:  JesusMonroe [ Thu May 15, 2014 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

The fact that the salary joke was constantly recurring and beaten into the ground made it all the more sweet when the end of GK2 happened. I think I cried a little

Author:  Sir Duke [ Sun May 18, 2014 12:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

JesusMonroe wrote:
The fact that the salary joke was constantly recurring and beaten into the ground made it all the more sweet when the end of GK2 happened. I think I cried a little

But why did it happen?

Author:  JesusMonroe [ Sun May 18, 2014 2:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler: Vague GK2
Edgeworth realizes how hard he's been pressing Gumshoe and Gumshoe works extra hard during the last case

Spoiler: More Specific
Gumshoe finds the evidence that connects Shimon's kidnapping, the storage for Ou's corpse, and the Berry Big Circus. In short, it screws The Mastermind over

Author:  RPGamerX [ Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Oops Wrong thread

Author:  Going for Miles [ Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Nicer post

Author:  Nearavex [ Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Nicest post.

Author:  WaitingforGodot [ Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Quite alright post, but I've seen better.

Author:  Pierre [ Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

I need help on case 4 of gk2

Spoiler: Vague as I can be
Justine is questioning me about the stab wounds saying they killed the victim quickly. I need to find a way to either prove the stab wounds aren't fatal or that the victim was alive a while after the stab. I have a number of theories in my head but every time I mput them forward I just get penalties its infuriating. Its getting to the point where I am just throwing evidence out there in the hope it catches

Page 10 of 11 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/