Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 4[ 134 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Case 3 Discussion Thread - (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

nuuuuu, stoooooop

This is the thread for case 3. This is one of the very few threads where you do not have to tag your spoilers, as long as they pertain only to case 3. If you have not finished the case you should not be reading this thread, unless you want to be spoiled.

If you are playing the game and need help getting through the case, there will be a walkthrough thread for that.

Discuss away~
ImageImage
Re: Case 3 Discussion Thread - (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

I've seen spoilers for Case 1, 2 and 4...but not 3?

Badass attorney

You'll see a lot of blue (and pink) badgers. A Wendy Oldbag and a Mike Meekins are dressed as them, which is very creepy (the case revolves a lot around these disguises, it ends up being very confusing). An old fart is killed (surprise) and is found in a parking for blue badgers' vehicles. He has this silver horse pendant, which seems to be important... The case happens before Case 1, as the victim of that case is alive. Ema Skye also appears in this case. Kay Faraday appears for the first time aswell and helps Edgeworth. She has a virtual reality device to simulate what happened at the scene of a crime, which is very cool.
All Ace Attorney series breakdowns in order of appearance.
WARNING: This includes Gyakuten Kenji towards the end of the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x38Jxeyp-k

元・超会社員級の管理人

Also, at the very beginning, Edgeworth finds a Gavinners stage, but the band themselves aren't around.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

But isn't Klavier like.. 16 around this time?

Taking it, one step at a time.

Quote:
But isn't Klavier like.. 16 around this time?

Well, if we were to say that this case takes place after 'that case' then, Klavier should be around 17 to 18 years of age... :kyouya:
You were born on the same day as your birthday, right?

the cactus in the cowboy/western area came from a certain police officer... :jake:

Happy Bunny

Does anybody have anymore details on this case? I just saw the character page for some of the characters in it and I REALLY wanna know more about Himeko now.
~20090804~

Taking it, one step at a time.

So...all in all...what is the case about? Cause, I'm starting to get a little curios... :will:
You were born on the same day as your birthday, right?

元・超会社員級の管理人

Edgeworth goes to visit help an old mentor who runs a Blue Badger-themed park, but is knocked out from behind and locked up. Kay arrives and helps him escape, and the two meet Rou and Sheena and find a dead body. Ema and Gumshoe are there, but they're more supporting characters than anything.

EDIT: Some was incorrect; see below.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Last edited by Bolt Storm on Sat May 30, 2009 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

the old guy doesn't run bando land...
he is a rich old man who helped out edgeworth with his connections when he was younger...
his son was kidnapped and he asked edgeworth to deliver the ransom (which he carries in the suitcase he got from the previous case...)

Spoiler:
it turns out later that his son had staged his own kidnapping because he needed money to repay his loans from the tender lender...
the "love letter" piece of evidence was actually written by viola cadaverini... so i guess she is still in business... :uramidn:

later on, his dad used the ransom money to purchase the haunted house at the end so that they could not search it for evidence in order to protect his son from the murder charges...
that's why they had to use the virtual reality device to simulate the haunted house... the virtual reality device is actually used by Mikumo as a training simulator for her thefts...

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I'm gonna play the case through again before doing my big write up for the site, but here's the gist of it:

Right after case 2 Edgeworth gets a call from Jouichirou Amanogawa, who as Swiegwo said helped Edgeworth out in some way while he was studying abroad (presumably while he was under Karma's care?). His son Hikaru was kidnapped and he had Edgeworth deliver the ransom, at a Blue Badger theme park (Bando Land). But he gets knocked out right after giving up the money and Hikaru is not released (there's a screen shot of him about to be smacked up on the main site now, in the screenshots section. Oh god it's so creepy!)

Edgeworth wakes up tied up in a back room. He's rescued by Kay, and when the bust out they meet up with Gumshoe, Rou, and Shiina. While trying to figure out what happened to Hikaru they instead find a dead body, Hikaru's private tutor Masumi Ogura. At first Rou accuses Meekins but Edgeworth ends up clearing him. You also meet Himeko Orito, Hikaru's boyfriend, who claims her "women's intuition" drew her to the site of the kidnapping when she felt something was wrong.

Lots of investigation later Hikaru appears out of nowhere claiming to have escaped his kidnappers, and implicates his girlfriend, but Edgeworth eventually proves that there never was a kidnapping plot: similar to the Dahlia situation Hikaru, Himeko, and Ogura were all in it together so they could get enough money to pay back Hikaru's debts at Tender Lender. Hikaru and Himeko then claim that Ogura betrayed them partway through the plot and tried to kill them, which is why Himeko ended up shooting him in self defense.

But THEN Edgeworth proves that Ogura is actually Himeko's father, who disappeared when she was very young (so young she had no way of recognizing him now). Himeko is heartbroken to hear she killed her own father, but then they find out that the gun she had at the time was actually a fake used at the park. It was Hikaru that comitted the actual murder long before they originally thought, just before Edgeworth passed off the money at the Mirror House.

In an effort to save his son Jouichirou tries to forge some evidene and even buys the Mirror House from the park to try and prevent Edgeworth from continuing his investigation, but Kay uses her handy crime scene recreation tool to fill in the gaps in the story anyway, and ultimately Hikaru confesses. Rou then uses the fact that Jouichirou forged evidence as a pretext to haul him in for questioning - which apparently was his intention all along, because of Jouichirou's involvement in an old case that Rou wants solved.

At the end Kay reveals that she and Edgeworth first met years ago, setting up for case 4.

I thought the case was pretty good! Except I got sick of seeing the stupid badger costumes by the end - just about everyone was wearing one. Kinda hard to keep track of.
ImageImage

BOO! (Gah! scared myself)

^Just to correct, Himeko is Hikaru's GIRLfriend, not BOYfriend.
Also yes the intro to the case is VERY creepy. Seriously, look it up, a blue badger (with no eyes) creeps up behind Edgeworth and knocks him out with a sword. Not to mention this all takes place inside the Haunted House.

God if i was there i would've been scared to hell.

One more thing, the timeline for this game. I recall at the end of Case 1 Edgeworth has flashbacks to the events of Cases 2&3. So that would mean Case 2&3 happen before Case 1. Whcih would explain Yuuki's appearance at the end of Case 3.

Also i would really like to know what Edgeworth asks Sheena (Shina, whatever) at the end of the case when Rou walks off, and what she replies. It seems like something important.

The Mage

Mitsurugi asks Shiina why Rou seems to hate prosecutors so much. Shiina replies that his family used to be pretty big back in their country, but the prosecutors of that country ruined them. So ever since then Rou has a grudge against prosecutors and other court-related people. [s]If you ask me, this is about as immature as Godot's taking Phoenix responsible for Mia's death, but ah well.[/s]

Also, there's something I noticed. For those of you who've played, you know that the 'murder' that Oldbag witnessed was actually fake. Himeko was standing below, while Hikaru stood on the stage and 'allowed himself to be shot' through the stomach and the shoulder. However, the actual murder happened in the Horror House, when Hikaru shot Ogura, which doesn't explain why the bullet went in from the stomach and out from the shoulder. Unless Ogura is a giant and Hikaru is a dwarf... Or that Hikaru was crouching while Ogura stood. But what I understood was that Hikaru hadn't meant to kill Ogura; he did it because Ogura suddenly attacked him. Did I misunderstand something?
Minuki: Papa, Mama, yuuhan no jikan desu yo!
Naruhodou: Yosh! Ramen!
Mitsurugi: Naze ore wa Mama da? Sore ni, ano ramen wa ore no mono da!
Naruhodou: IGIARI!! RAMEN!!
Minuki: Yare yare, mata ka... ^^;

Kore wa Gyakuten kazoku no futsuu no yoru. Futsuu no.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

More specifically, I think that Rou's family delivered some kind of evidence to the prosecutors, who then ignored it and replaced it with forged stuff. Not sure if that's cleared up in case 5, I'm not there yet >.>

The strange wounds on Ogura did confuse me at first too, but I think what must have happened was that Ogura pushed Hikaru onto the floor, and he shot from there. As far as I remembere it wasn't fully addressed but it's the only thing that makes sense.
ImageImage

Enzanijuuin wrote:
[s]If you ask me, this is about as immature as Godot's taking Phoenix responsible for Mia's death, but ah well.[/s]

Personally i think if your family's life gets ruined that's a little more valid reason to be pissed off than your girlfriend dieing.

F.O.E.

Croik wrote:
The strange wounds on Ogura did confuse me at first too, but I think what must have happened was that Ogura pushed Hikaru onto the floor, and he shot from there. As far as I remembere it wasn't fully addressed but it's the only thing that makes sense.

Okura threw Hikaru to the floor and sat ontop of him to pin him down when Hikaru shot him right in the stomach from below, which explains the path the bullet took (if he had shot Okura from the stage he would have had to shoot him in the back, one of many oversights in this case).

The case itself wasn't that great really. Again no big surprises or turnabouts, and the whole "ZOMG the real murder took place somewhere else" would have been better if it wasn't reused in two consecutive cases. I did like the characters though. Mikumo is a lot less annoying than I thought she'd be, Rou and Shiina are pretty awesome (love the theme song and the AMAI NA shout too) and Himeko is too cute and has delicious boobs.
The whole part about Jouichirou trying to save his son by buying him out was nice too.

Still, the costumes got annoying and the contradictions had too many "doesn't fit into the timeframe" and "left and right are mixed up" for me. Also the logic falls apart toward the end. How does it matter what hand he held the sword in? A forehand blow from a right handed person and a backhand blow from a left handed person will have the sword hit at the same place in the same position. If a left handed person delivers a forehand blow he'll obviously strike the other side of the head, so we know what part of the sword hit his head after he said it was on the right side.

Also, Hikaru can hit someone in the head right over the temple with his offhand but can't point a gun (without intent to shoot) with it? How does that make sense?

The whole part about the rain and the tires of the car wasn't fully thought through either. I hope the last two cases are a bit better thought out.

Ryu-kun wrote:
Still, the costumes got annoying and the contradictions had too many "doesn't fit into the timeframe" and "left and right are mixed up" for me. Also the logic falls apart toward the end. How does it matter what hand he held the sword in? A forehand blow from a right handed person and a backhand blow from a left handed person will have the sword hit at the same place in the same position. If a left handed person delivers a forehand blow he'll obviously strike the other side of the head, so we know what part of the sword hit his head after he said it was on the right side.

Also, Hikaru can hit someone in the head right over the temple with his offhand but can't point a gun (without intent to shoot) with it? How does that make sense?

The whole part about the rain and the tires of the car wasn't fully thought through either. I hope the last two cases are a bit better thought out.

Are you sure you didn't just miss a few key details there? I doubt the case's structure is as messy as your making it sound (can any case be more messy than 2-3?). I played the case, (admittedly i know very limited Japanese, though enough to know AMAI NA means YOU AMATURE or something along those lines) but it didn't seem that bad too me.

I also laughed big time at Oldbag being in the Pink Badger costume (and really only Meekins, Oldbag, and Hikaru were wearing the costumes at any given time). Ema's appearance was cool too. Plus this is definetaly one of the first AA intro's to freak me out big time. Overall i liked the case, Kay's little virtual device was pretty awesome too, and a big slap in the face for Jouichirou. OH and don't forget the Blue Badger song remix!

F.O.E.

If at all the whole rain part might work out, though I doubt it really. I no longer exactly know what was supposed to happen when by now.

Wait, the bullet path was okay, they just swapped the position of victim and murderer.

I think the only real messups may be the sword, and why Hikaru held the gun in his left hand after he used his right hand with the sword to make himself look like Okura, which maybe is more of a "how can someone be so stupid" kind of thing.

Yeah, the simulation device part is neat. I like how they have magic on the defense side (magatama/ armring) and sci-fi on the prosecutor side.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I agree that the handedness and left vs right contradictions were a little tiresome in this case. Such as pointing out that the Badger in Mikumo's simulation had his body strap on the wrong side - I was there forever! Plus all three first cases employed the age old "This is the only person who could have committed the murder, since they are the only one who had ________ ...except it was stolen right before the murder!" You can only pull the same tricks so many times.

I don't remember there being any blatant contradictions, but I did wonder for a while how anyone thought that Ogura and Himeko could both hold each other at gunpoint, when earlier they talked about how improbable it would be for the murderer to even have ONE gun if not a cop.
ImageImage

F.O.E.

You were replaying the anyway weren't you? Watch for when they prove that the one who knocked Michan down must have been wearing the Proto-Taihokun costume because the blow must have been done with the right hand. There is no logic whatsoever to why it couldn't have been done with the left.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Ryu-kun wrote:
You were replaying the anyway weren't you? Watch for when they prove that the one who knocked Michan down must have been wearing the Proto-Taihokun costume because the blow must have been done with the right hand. There is no logic whatsoever to why it couldn't have been done with the left.

Oh no, I totally agree, I'm just not sure if that counts as a "contradiction" or if it's just one of those "are they that dumb!?" issues. It should have been up to Rou to point that out, but since he didn't... Well maybe I'll throw it in the contradictions thread anyway.
ImageImage

^I'd put it in the same area as "His spine cracked but he somehow wrote the name Maggie" in the sand. We have to remember this is a game, and the world of Ace Attorney of course.

F.O.E.

I do think it's the first time they arrive at an important conclusion based on totally flawed logic though.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Ryu-kun wrote:
I do think it's the first time they arrive at an important conclusion based on totally flawed logic though.

Other that in AJ when the car wouldn't start because there were panties in it - no way that actually works.

Ok, I'm gonna put it up. The contradiction thread is so lonely.
ImageImage

F.O.E.

Oh, you're right. They actually tried that on Mythbusters before. I didn't notice then because I thought that'd actually work :will:

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Okay seriously, has anyone been able to confirm the Phoenix cameo in this chapter? I've played through the case twice now and can't find him. There's only one point in the game where you can even get to that bridge in the one screenshot that's available, and I didn't find him. What is the deal??
ImageImage

Croik wrote:
Okay seriously, has anyone been able to confirm the Phoenix cameo in this chapter? I've played through the case twice now and can't find him. There's only one point in the game where you can even get to that bridge in the one screenshot that's available, and I didn't find him. What is the deal??

If memory serves, when you are about to look at the costume Gumshoe and co. found in the tall grass out by the main gate (towards the end of the case, but long before the one that 丈一郎 brings out), instead of going ahead and looking at the costume, you hit もどる and back out. The happy group on a rowboat should be in the background then, despite the inability to talk with them -_-;

Either that, or it's right after you get booted from the Stage Area, I think, but I think that's the timeframe you already tried.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

osaka_dahlia wrote:
If memory serves, when you are about to look at the costume Gumshoe and co. found in the tall grass out by the main gate (towards the end of the case, but long before the one that 丈一郎 brings out), instead of going ahead and looking at the costume, you hit もどる and back out. The happy group on a rowboat should be in the background then, despite the inability to talk with them -_-;

That's where I tried it. I even sat around for a while thinking maybe they would row by, but nothing! Guess I'll have to try again. :sadshoe:
ImageImage

Croik wrote:
That's where I tried it. I even sat around for a while thinking maybe they would row by, but nothing! Guess I'll have to try again. :sadshoe:

Ah, I see. Well, then it must be around where you get booted.
Right after you get booted from the Stage Area, 丈一郎 comes and asks you about his son and then you talk about checking out the hideout, I think. Before you go into the hideout, you can go to the main gate.
The background is static, so they're either there or they're not >.>;
Good luck!

huge GS fan :D

i was just starting it but its sooo late here

2:30 am go figure xD

so well good bye everyone! have fun with AAI :phoenix:
"To trust or not to trust....i trust you will decide"

Priest of Gant

This case seems stuffed full of AJ references the Gavinners stage, and I even think something said part of "Troupe Gramarye", Well....it only went up to the G, but that's kind of what you have to assume, eh?

Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.

Heheh, Viola cameo

huge GS fan :D

FalconBlade wrote:
This case seems stuffed full of AJ references the Gavinners stage, and I even think something said part of "Troupe Gramarye", Well....it only went up to the G, but that's kind of what you have to assume, eh?

i just saw it and was like o.O

Spoiler:
when you end the recreation system (with the stage the murderer up the stage and the footprints) the camera goesto the left and it says troupe gramarye edit:i saw phoenix pearls and maya!!! haha so funny in that boat xD!!! also oliver deacon real name is colin devorae

"To trust or not to trust....i trust you will decide"

Are u alwright, Mr. Wright?

The best part was seeing Ema again <3

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

This case was.. okay. It was a bit of a mess at times, and generally too much fanservice cameos for its own good (for example, Ema was in for like three seconds and didn't do much at all - even though her outfit was great- she could just as well not have been there). It would've been better to delve a little more into the new characters' personalities, as they only seem to talk when they're testifying. The whole left/right mirror/non-mirror business was rather tiresome, and it felt like the entire first half of the case was useless (even though you deducted to much there), because it all happened differently. While I started to warm up to Lang at the end, at the start he comes over as a really idiotic boasting cop who just hammers down on Meekins while it's CLEARLY not him.

That said, the whole huge police force had something awesome about it, and the ending of the case is a pretty big holy shit moment.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Someone help me out - what does Lang call his men? Are they... WOLF CUBS???
ImageImage

1000% Knight

Well, just finished it. It was interesting, and I liked the kidnapping and how Lauren was framed for the murder. I also really liked how they finally worked a disappearing mirror-wall trick :3 It definitely wouldn't have fit in a regular GS game. Too bad the logic got real fuzzy real quick at the end.

The biggest thing I don't get is, where did Lauren get those scissors and why is she threatening to cut her hair? Is there something I missed? (Although her ring pop was pretty awesome xD)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

This is very long for my first post, but I just finished this case and I don't see the contradiction in Edgeworth's reasoning regarding the sword. I think that the blood was shown to be on the opposite side than the hand-grip, which does mean that unless the attacker really twisted his wrist, it must have been a right-handed person that attacked Edgeworth.

Think of it this way (I'm sorry the representations are so rough, but's its a lot easier to see it!):

Edgeworth's head ("O"), with the attack on the right side of his head ("x")

Ox

Right-handed person - the hand-grip ("D") is facing to the right, and the blood ("x") is on the left side of the blade relative to the attacker. The attacker can use a forehand blow to hit the right side of Edgeworth's head

x I
. D

Now, for a left-handed person, the blade and the grip must be flipped. So for a left-handed person, the hand-grip ("q") is facing left, and the blood ("x") is on the right side of the blade relative to the attacker. It's the mirror image of the sword above.

. I x
.q

But, in this case, how does the person hit the right side of Edgeworth's head with the right side of their blade? A forehand blow is impossible - a backhand blow would result in the blood being on the LEFT side of the blade. For the attacker to get the blood on the right side of the blade, he would have to twist his wrist to an unnatural angle.

This is all based on one big assumption - that the sword can only be gripped by the "correct" way with the hand-grip covering the fingers. The game doesn't specify this until after you make the connection, though!

A bigger contradiction, in my mind, is why did they need to do all the reasoning about the angled hallway? Wouldn't the blueprints have shown that it was there?

I was ROTFL at the Clue reference, though. That was awesome.

It seems that in Ace Attorney's Court System the concept of Subpoena doesn't exist :meekins:

Aside from that, I don't understand why Amano (the father) was detained for forging evidence since he didn't touch the evidence, he only took them to do forensics, or am I wrong?
Page 1 of 4 [ 134 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby