Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 2 of 2[ 62 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Wouldn't Yew Like to Know *EXTREME SPOILERS*Topic%20Title

Akane wrote:
Cece was dead and couldn't do much talking in that state.

:objection:
Death has no meaning in this courtroom!!

Ok, but I missed that she was already dead when Calisto posed as her sister. But still, wouldn't anybody notice this? Friends, family, colleagues?

Well her colleagues and friends might not, they might not know much about her family life. And it's not Calisto was going to be talking to them much.
Her family probably would, but again, Calisto's not going to be talking to them, so they might not even hear about her. Especially if

Spoiler: Conjecture Explosion
Cece was Cohdopian. Then her family would be in a different country and speak a different language, so they'd never meet Calisto.

☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆

Robo-Aly

Denn1s wrote:
Akane wrote:
Cece was dead and couldn't do much talking in that state.

Ok, but I missed that she was already dead when Calisto posed as her sister. But still, wouldn't anybody notice this? Friends, family, colleagues?

I'm not actually sure if it was stated, but I figured that the only way the scheme could have been pulled off was if Calisto posed as Cece's sister after she was dead, for the very reason that you stated before.

I don't think that it took much research to discover that Cece didn't actually have a sister, though. I can't remember who it was, but someone mentioned that they did the research. Badd, maybe?

Yeah Badd was the one who discovered Cece didn't have a sister. And I think it was mentioned that Calisto introduced herself as Cece's sister at the trial, didn't it? So she'd of had to be dead. :yuusaku:
☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆

Phoenix + Iris Forever

You've got to wonder about the judicial system if they only bothered to see if Cece really had a sister years after the trial.

P!ATD wrote:
Spoiler: Conjecture Explosion
Cece was Cohdopian. Then her family would be in a different country and speak a different language, so they'd never meet Calisto.

Spoiler: AAI
This could be true. Manny Coachen was the secretary for the Cohdopian Embassy. Maybe when Cece came to America/Japan/wherever to testify against Colin Devorae, she stayed in the Embassy and that gave Manny an opportunity to murder her?

ice cream

Information Deposit
Spoiler:
The pick is wet. However, Shih-na is not wet.

Conjecture Explosion
Spoiler:
Shih-na is laminated?

rag100 wrote:
Conjecture Explosion
Spoiler:
Shih-na is laminated?

Spoiler:
:think: Maybe she's a wereduck?

My childhood right here

Conjecture Explosion!
Spoiler:
What if...Calisto Yew is actually Shi-Na? That way Lang would be satisfied with not questioning her, and Calisto is one of her aliases. Because she says that she goes by many different names. I'm not completely sure of what I'm posting, since I may have mis-interpreted a quote, or missed a line all together!

Steel Turnabout wrote:
Conjecture Explosion!
Spoiler:
What if...Calisto Yew is actually Shi-Na? That way Lang would be satisfied with not questioning her, and Calisto is one of her aliases. Because she says that she goes by many different names. I'm not completely sure of what I'm posting, since I may have mis-interpreted a quote, or missed a line all together!

Spoiler:
They are the same person.

I'm Kenny McCormick and I like to dance.

AthenaCat wrote:
rag100 wrote:
Conjecture Explosion
Spoiler:
Shih-na is laminated?

Spoiler:
:think: Maybe she's a wereduck?

Weirder things have happened. But... that's pretty improbable.
ImageImageImage

My childhood right here

AthenaCat wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:
Conjecture Explosion!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
They are the same person.

Spoiler:
No, I mean that Shi-na is the real one a Calisto is the fake name. Which was proven by Badd's background check.

Phoenix + Iris Forever

Steel Turnabout wrote:
Spoiler:
No, I mean that Shi-na is the real one a Calisto is the fake name. Which was proven by Badd's background check.

Spoiler:
Yeah, Badd's background check proved that Cece Yew didn't have an older sister. So, her last name is not Yew.

You also say that her real name actually is Shih-na. That would be rather dangerous. She was going undercover for a smuggling group by posing as Lang's secretary. If she used her real name, then wouldn't Lang be able to look up her entire childhood?

Also, I'm pretty sure Shih-na is supposed to be a name from Zheng Fa. So are you implying that Shih-na actually is from Zheng Fa?

Hmm...talking about that makes me wonder...

Inquisitive Question
Spoiler:
Why doesn't Shih-na have a last name? Wouldn't that make people suspicious?

My childhood right here

Magatama Maya wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah, Badd's background check proved that Cece Yew didn't have an older sister. So, her last name is not Yew.

You also say that her real name actually is Shih-na. That would be rather dangerous. She was going undercover for a smuggling group by posing as Lang's secretary. If she used her real name, then wouldn't Lang be able to look up her entire childhood?

Also, I'm pretty sure Shih-na is supposed to be a name from Zheng Fa. So are you implying that Shih-na actually is from Zheng Fa?

Yes I am. And Lang wouldn't do a background check because as he stated multiple times, He trusts her. Even after the truth is revealed.
And I'm glad that I'm getting the first REAL debate all summer. :tennis:
That I can recall anyways :yogi:

Phoenix + Iris Forever

Okay, Steel Turnabout. So you think Shih-na is from Zheng Fa. Then, you shouldn't have any trouble answering these questions:

Spoiler:
If Shih-na really is from Zheng Fa, why was she in Japan/America/whatever when she was posing as Calisto Yew?

Also, how did she meet Alba? What was Alba doing in Zheng Fa, or Shih-na doing out of Zheng Fa?

By the way, my first debate of the summer was with some kid who thought that Apollo has three spikes....

My childhood right here

Magatama Maya wrote:
Okay, Steel Turnabout. So you think Shih-na is from Zheng Fa. Then, you shouldn't have any trouble answering these questions:

Spoiler:
If Shih-na really is from Zheng Fa, why was she in Japan/America/whatever when she was posing as Calisto Yew?

Also, how did she meet Alba? What was Alba doing in Zheng Fa, or Shih-na doing out of Zheng Fa?

By the way, my first debate of the summer was with some kid who thought that Apollo has three spikes....

Spoiler: shoddy points are a go!
-She's a master of disguise ie her mentioning that she has many aliases and (a previous conjecture explosion) smuggling the gun in dressed as a security guard.
CONJECTURE EXPLOSION!!! -She met Alba in the smuggling ring. She joined it IN Zheng Fa, and then later on left and met Mr. Tree-Head Alba himself.
Why she would join the smuggling ring, maybe because of the whole "prosecuters messed with evidence" thing and wanted revenge. We can't figure it out without Capcom's help, but we can make theories and hope they're solid.

And sorry about kinda straying off-topic a little bit at the end.

Phoenix + Iris Forever

Steel Turnabout wrote:
-She's a master of disguise ie her mentioning that she has many aliases and (a previous conjecture explosion) smuggling the gun in dressed as a security guard.
CONJECTURE EXPLOSION!!! -She met Alba in the smuggling ring. She joined it IN Zheng Fa, and then later on left and met Mr. Tree-Head Alba himself.
Why she would join the smuggling ring, maybe because of the whole "prosecuters messed with evidence" thing and wanted revenge. We can't figure it out without Capcom's help, but we can make theories and hope they're solid.

Spoiler: Rebuttal!
Wait - so by "the whole 'prosecutors messed with evidence' thing", are you implying that she joined the smuggling ring after becoming a defense attorney?

Also, maybe I'm implying wrong, but I got the impression that Zheng Fa was a rather small country. So, growing up together (after all, they are only 2 years apart) in a small country, wouldn't they most likely have met during their childhoods/early adulthoods?

My childhood right here

Magatama Maya wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

Spoiler: Rebuttal!
Wait - so by "the whole 'prosecutors messed with evidence' thing", are you implying that she joined the smuggling ring after becoming a defense attorney?

Also, maybe I'm implying wrong, but I got the impression that Zheng Fa was a rather small country. So, growing up together (after all, they are only 2 years apart) in a small country, wouldn't they most likely have met during their childhoods/early adulthoods?

Spoiler: OBJECTION!.. I think
The first half: No. Remember in the god damned fake kidnapping case at the very end? Edgeworth asks Shi-na why Lang hates prosecutors, and she said that a prosecutor screwed with evidence to ensure a guilty verdict. And if I'm not mistaken, it wasn't a long time before then. So she was in Zheng Fa, prosecutor-evidence thing happened, she joined the smuggling ring, then she became a lawyer to defend smuggling ring suspects.
And the possible childhood meeting, I got the impression that it was large-ish. Like maybe the size of, like, Texas or something.

Last edited by Steel Turnabout on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix + Iris Forever

First of all, you forgot to type "[/spoiler]" at the end of your post, so could you go back and fix that, please? Thank you.

Spoiler:
Define "wasn't a long time before then". Because Shih-na/Calisto was a defense attorney seven years before the fake kidnapping case. Therefore, the prosecutor-evidence thing would have had to have happened at least seven years before the fake kidnapping.

My childhood right here

Magatama Maya wrote:
First of all, you forgot to type "[/spoiler]" at the end of your post, so could you go back and fix that, please? Thank you.

Spoiler:
Define "wasn't a long time before then". Because Shih-na/Calisto was a defense attorney seven years before the fake kidnapping case. Therefore, the prosecutor-evidence thing would have had to have happened at least seven years before the fake kidnapping.

Yea... Kinda forgot that. Derp.
Spoiler: Hurr Hurr
I'll get the exact quote later. And sorry about not being specific about the time of the evidence faking. I'll edit this when I get the quote. Then I'll post my thoughts regarding said quote. In the mean time, did you intend to sound angry? Because it came across to me as angry. Just curious.

Phoenix + Iris Forever

Steel Turnabout wrote:
I'll get the exact quote later. And sorry about not being specific about the time of the evidence faking. I'll edit this when I get the quote. Then I'll post my thoughts regarding said quote. In the mean time, did you intend to sound angry? Because it came across to me as angry. Just curious.

Okay. Tell me when you get the exact quote. And I wasn't mad; I was just tired.

My childhood right here

Magatama Maya wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

Okay. Tell me when you get the exact quote. And I wasn't mad; I was just tired.

Ok. Its fine! "Really?" Its fine! "Are you sure?" Its fine! "Well, if you say so..." Its fine! Itsfineitsfineitsfineitsfine!
You gotta love Adventure Time.

On the subject of the size of Zheng Fa, I got the impression it is certainly at least a large enough country for two people to grow up there without meeting. iFly Airlines seemed like a big-name airline and for it to have services and a transfer point in Zheng Fa it must be a large enough country for this to be profitable.

Information Deposit
Spoiler:
Once "Shih-na" is found out, she laughs like she used to laugh as Calisto Yew.

Conjecture
Spoiler:
Her personality as "Calisto" is closer to her real one since it's the one she reverts to when she drops her act. The frequent laughter is part of her true self.
Page 2 of 2 [ 62 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby