Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 4[ 127 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Buddy Faith Fan ClubTopic%20Title

Aspiring to Inspire

ImageImage
His only official pictures seem to be only of his ID or of his corspe...

I think he's pretty awesome and has some good looks, too. Plus, his Japanese name is quite beautiful. I also can't help but feel sorry for him--how Jacques betrayed the trust between detective and prosecutor, how he'd only let him pass the ball, how he lied that Buddy broke into Edgey's office to steal. It annoys me most of all that Jacques calls him "Jim" just because it sounds good with his own name. Man, the guy was a defender of justice to the end! Seriously! Am I the only one who loves this guy?

Spoiler: C'mon! He needs more love!~

.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Karmi-Sempai on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Buddy FaithTopic%20Title

*jaw drops* :O That Hotel Dusk style is AWESOME.

And yeah, I liked the guy well enough. Though, am I the only one who thought he was a girl when I saw him laying there dead (in the 2nd picture)? XD
Phoenix/Maya Day: Sept. 5th. ♥
Phoenix/Iris Day: September 12th. ♥

I loved Buddy. He's my favourite victim along with Glen Elg. :bellboy:

I don't even know why, he's just so cute, isn't he?
☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆

All your Kittens are Belong to me!

I found that his body to be weird actually, his face/hair didn't really match his ID, or is that just me, and more importantly, where did his hat go...Surely if he is wearing it in his ID, then his hat obviously means a bit to him so where did it go D:
Little things that bothered me about this guy :(

Would of been nice if they gave a little background detail behind him like at/near the end of the case as well so we know what he was like in life, but oh well :<

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Yeah, I really felt sorry for him too. He seemed like a genuinely sweet guy. :( I mean, he has to be, having the patience to put up with all the shit Jacques put him through.

Spoiler: Case 3
Apart from those you posted though though we get to see him walking around at the end of Case 3, so that's pretty cool. x3

Nii wrote:
Apart from those you posted though though we get to see him walking around at the end of Case 3, so that's pretty cool. x3

For real? I didn't notice that...:sadshoe:
I guess I was too busy beating the game to notice :edgy:

Aspiring to Inspire

ammchan wrote:
*jaw drops* :O That Hotel Dusk style is AWESOME.

And yeah, I liked the guy well enough. Though, am I the only one who thought he was a girl when I saw him laying there dead (in the 2nd picture)? XD

Buddy and I both thank you! :grey:
P!ATD wrote:
I loved Buddy. He's my favourite victim along with Glen Elg. :bellboy:

I don't even know why, he's just so cute, isn't he?

I know. O.O The first time I saw him, I was like, "He's cute!". And I barely find good-looking people actually attractive. For some reason, I find him even more alluring than Edgey...
MittinsKittens wrote:
Nii wrote:

For real? I didn't notice that...:sadshoe:
I guess I was too busy beating the game to notice :edgy:

I noticed, actually. It made me so happy to see his mini-sprite walking around. :redd:
MittinsKittens wrote:
I found that his body to be weird actually, his face/hair didn't really match his ID, or is that just me, and more importantly, where did his hat go...Surely if he is wearing it in his ID, then his hat obviously means a bit to him so where did it go D:
Little things that bothered me about this guy :(

I think his awesome hair is confined by the hat. Either that, or the shot of his corpse was made earlier than his actual face. This happens sometimes when it comes to toy and game development. But I'd love to believe my hypothesis. :grey:

Am I insane if I say I wanna stroke his hair?
Nii wrote:
Yeah, I really felt sorry for him too. He seemed like a genuinely sweet guy. :( I mean, he has to be, having the patience to put up with all the shit Jacques put him through.

I think even his expression makes him look sweet. And yes; exactly why I think Buddy's a great guy! :]

I dunno... Every time I think of Buddy, I get euphoric. I don't think I have a crush on him but I find him admirable -- he makes me happy. My friends know that, they tease me about it, all the while I'm malfunctioning. It just sounds nuts because he's dead... :sadshoe:

But anyway! I'm glad to have received a handful of replies! I wonder if this should be like a fanbase for him, even if it just includes a couple of people. Oh, and I'd die of happiness if someone made an emoticon of him!

ImageImageImageImage

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
This happens sometimes when it comes to toy and game development. But I'd love to believe my hypothesis. :grey:

That's just plain lazy, although, I can't complain, I would cut the corner if I could too

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Am I insane if I say I wanna stroke his hair?

Yes probably, considering he's passed away (ignoring the fact this is a game :P) although I've heard crazier things in my life :D

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
But anyway! I'm glad to have received a handful of replies! I wonder if this should be like a fanbase for him, even if it just includes a couple of people.

Go ahead and do it I say, I be willing to join it simply because he has an awesome name more then anything.

Seeing it as it is

I felt immediately bad for him when Maggey told Edgey that "Jim" just passes the ball to Jacques but never gets to actually play a round with him. Jeez, what a boss. :meekins: It makes Edgey sound like he treats Gumshoe as a buddy more than Jacques ever will with Buddy. :larry:
Irving wrote:
Don't push my buttons, Buttons!

Aspiring to Inspire

MittinsKittens wrote:
Yes probably, considering he's passed away (ignoring the fact this is a game :P) although I've heard crazier things in my life :D

Well, I believe he does have lovely hair. (It makes him cute.) If only Jacques didn't kill him... DX
MittinsKittens wrote:
Go ahead and do it I say, I be willing to join it simply because he has an awesome name more then anything.

Your wish is my command! XDD
Arti_Rei wrote:
I felt immediately bad for him when Maggey told Edgey that "Jim" just passes the ball to Jacques but never gets to actually play a round with him. Jeez, what a boss. :meekins: It makes Edgey sound like he treats Gumshoe as a buddy more than Jacques ever will with Buddy. :larry:

Indeed; that made me love him more by 40%. Though, Buddy is likely to be a more competent detective. :grey:

ImageImageImageImage

Arti_Rei wrote:
I felt immediately bad for him when Maggey told Edgey that "Jim" just passes the ball to Jacques but never gets to actually play a round with him.

Thats a good point, I complete forgot about that, Yeah I felt that was awesome that they played basketball in the office, until like you said, Gummy pointed out he never gets to play, I felt sorry for the guy, Probably kicked Jacques ass so he made him ballboy to regain his composure, least that's what I hope :P
Buddy, Pro B'baller and Ace Detective. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it :P
Re: Buddy Faith Fan ClubTopic%20Title

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Now that you guys mention it, his hair does look very fluffy...

*pets it* o3o

Aspiring to Inspire

MittinsKittens wrote:
Arti_Rei wrote:
I felt immediately bad for him when Maggey told Edgey that "Jim" just passes the ball to Jacques but never gets to actually play a round with him.

Thats a good point, I complete forgot about that, Yeah I felt that was awesome that they played basketball in the office, until like you said, Gummy pointed out he never gets to play, I felt sorry for the guy, Probably kicked Jacques ass so he made him ballboy to regain his composure, least that's what I hope :P
Buddy, Pro B'baller and Ace Detective. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it :P

I.LOVE.THIS. It so makes sense! XDD

Nii wrote:
Now that you guys mention it, his hair does look very fluffy...

*pets it* o3o

Ha; I'm not alone! *high-fives*

Man, it's so hard to find fan art. Here's one I saw on deviantART.
Spoiler: Not exactly patronage, but still Buddy!

I feel bad for laughing when I saw this. :sadshoe:

ImageImageImageImage

Seeing it as it is

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Man, it's so hard to find fan art. Here's one I saw on deviantART.
Spoiler: Not exactly patronage, but still Buddy!

I feel bad for laughing when I saw this. :sadshoe:

OMGWUT!?!?!?!! :gant:
Irving wrote:
Don't push my buttons, Buttons!

Aspiring to Inspire

Spoiler: Here's art from the Jacques Fan Base:

Buddy's so cute even if he's forced to hug that jerk! Or maybe this is what Jacques looked like after being pwned in basketball.

ImageImageImageImage

Jacque has a fan club? How...he was a jerk... :sadshoe:
and lol at the stuff under the strikeout. Made me laugh proper :)

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Might not be much, but here's a gift for you guys. It's really weird, but reading what you guys wrote gave me a sudden surge of inspiration. xD Enjoy!

Spoiler: Buddaaaaay

I don't think I gave his hair much justice. FOGRIV ME BUDDY. ;3;

Last edited by Nii on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woah. Nice work Nii, That's flipping amazing, Reckon you did pretty good with the hair actually, Better then his ID gives him justice for. This group is making me like Buddy more and more now.

Nii, Got an idea for you, and if you do it there be loves of love here (from me and the other members of the fan club, all 4~ of us :D) Draw him again but wearing a basketball jersey and make him the basketball player that Jacques denied him to be :<
Not saying you have to, but it be pretty epic if you do :3

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Haha, I'll give it a go later on if I'm not too dead tired from homework. Poor guy needs all the love he can get! ;3; <3

Rawr

Expect a spin off called Ace Attorney Investigates: Jim's Revenge. Basketball stealing and violent murder mini-games included. Capcom would be missing out if they didn't do this

Aspiring to Inspire

Nii wrote:
Might not be much, but here's a gift for you guys. It's really weird, but reading what you guys wrote gave me a sudden surge of inspiration. xD Enjoy!

Spoiler: Buddaaaaay

I don't think I gave his hair much justice. FOGRIV ME BUDDY. ;3;

I LOVE YOU!~ YOU ROCK MY SOCKS!~ I SHALL WORSHIP YOU NOW!~ *saves immediately* I SHALL MAKE THIS MY DESKTOP!~
stienerguy wrote:
Expect a spin off called Ace Attorney Investigates: Jim's Revenge. Basketball stealing and violent murder mini-games included. Capcom would be missing out if they didn't do this

YES! >:D
MittinsKittens wrote:
Woah. Nice work Nii, That's flipping amazing, Reckon you did pretty good with the hair actually, Better then his ID gives him justice for. This group is making me like Buddy more and more now.

Nii, Got an idea for you, and if you do it there be loves of love here (from me and the other members of the fan club, all 4~ of us :D) Draw him again but wearing a basketball jersey and make him the basketball player that Jacques denied him to be :<
Not saying you have to, but it be pretty epic if you do :3

Bwahahaha!~ You're very welcome! YES; I WANNA SEE THIS!
MittinsKittens wrote:
Jacque has a fan club? How...he was a jerk... :sadshoe:
and lol at the stuff under the strikeout. Made me laugh proper :)

It didn't start out as a fan club. I think when his character was first released, people made speculations as to what kind of character he'll be. Some fans, however, like to root for the bad guy. I also have to admit I found his breakdown cool. And whoa; I made you laugh? XD Now you made me laugh!

I love you guys!~ I expected this thread to go down under instantly, but even the late Buddy Faith is making even just a bit of waves at Court-Records!~ Keep that love coming!~

ImageImageImageImage

Aspiring to Inspire

Hey, guys, I've realized something, and it's kept me up during the wee hours of the morning: I think Buddy's a lefty.

ImageImage

See? His gun holster's on the right side. It'd be hard to draw the gun from there if you're right-handed. Plus, Gumshoe's name was written with his bloody left hand.

ImageImageImageImage

Ich liebe dich, baby~

I was under the impression that it was written with his right, because it's kind of going towards the back there. He looks like he's scratching his ass.

"This will be the last time... I ever get to... scratch..."

I know it's impossible for that to have happened, but hurr~ 8D

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Hey, guys, I've realized something, and it's kept me up during the wee hours of the morning: I think Buddy's a lefty.

See? His gun holster's on the right side. It'd be hard to draw the gun from there if you're right-handed. Plus, Gumshoe's name was written with his bloody left hand.

Can't see the other side of this guy or more importantly if he has another holster/gun on the other side of him. This guy could be into a bit of bad ass dual action, although I don't think this is likely, Mainly because I reckon the police station would have something to say with it.
And to be honest, I think the holster is on is right so they can make the body more interesting I guess (from a developer side of view), or it could be a lapse in thoughts from them, "Which side would your holster be if you would right handed? "On your right!"
Same as "What do cows drink?" "Milk...No wait, Water"

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Some fans, however, like to root for the bad guy.

I like rooting for the bad guy, but this was too full of hate for this guy to root for. I would happily remove the next case (case 2) just so I could have a court scene (a full one and not some half arsed thing) so I could put him in jail :)
This one of the only people I've really hated, Seriously, he was all bad (not a Cool bad, just completely rubbish bad, Design, Way he acted ect ect.)

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
I love you guys!~ I expected this thread to go down under instantly, but even the late Buddy Faith is making even just a bit of waves at Court-Records!~ Keep that love coming!~

Plus, I can't see it going down too easily. As long as we keep up the Buddy love in here we should get this thing going along fine :3

Narumitsu > All

HECK YES! Buddy Faith rules! "Jim" -giggle-

:tennis: JIM! <3

Though I know what happened, it's still awesome. Plus, anyone notice he looks cuter when he's dead? I don't really like the little chin stubble...but you can't even see it when you examine the crime scene. (he looks 10 years younger! Epic age reducing death!)

Aspiring to Inspire

MittinsKittens wrote:
And to be honest, I think the holster is on is right so they can make the body more interesting I guess (from a developer side of view), or it could be a lapse in thoughts from them, "Which side would your holster be if you would right handed? "On your right!"

Yeah; it's only when the person's (left) handedness is actually important that they do such a thing. Or maybe they wanted his holster to be visible. If it was on the left side, they'd have to turn his body around, which would cause his head to be covered by the desk...?
MittinsKittens wrote:
I like rooting for the bad guy, but this was too full of hate for this guy to root for. I would happily remove the next case (case 2) just so I could have a court scene (a full one and not some half arsed thing) so I could put him in jail :)

I think a reference for his trial after Alba's arrest would do. Was Jacques mentioned? If I'm right, they only talked about the Amanos and Alba.
tsukixkumori wrote:
Plus, anyone notice he looks cuter when he's dead? I don't really like the little chin stubble...but you can't even see it when you examine the crime scene. (he looks 10 years younger! Epic age reducing death!)

I KNOW. O.O Sadly, he cuter when he's dead. That's another reason why love for Buddy seems weird to other people. But seriously...! Just look at him! Awwww!~ *pets his hair again*

ImageImageImageImage

Don't call me "space cowboy."

Fun fact: I read on some Japanese wiki for the game that it's been confirmed Buddy Faith was modeled after the game director, Takeshi Yamazaki.

He's in the middle here:
http://www.court-records.net/scans/080411famitsu04.jpg

Mack Rell was modeled after producer Motohide Eshiro (top).

Don't know what their sources are, but the official guide does state some of the victims of AAI were modeled after people who worked on the game.

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Oooooo... I do see a resemblance there, yes. o3o That's very interesting. Makes me wonder now if they did the same with some of the victims in previous installments.

From what I've read in the Japanese guidebooks, doesn't seem like it.

Lmao, I'm on the same boat with the many who thought he looked better dead. Started up the case not knowing what to expect and I get a photo of the victim-- Wah! THE VICTIM's HOT!! SEARCH FOR HIS ID NOW-- Oh.

Even so, I love his little hat, and his name is quite nice. XD OH I DON'T DISLIKE HIM EVEN AFTER WHAT I FOUND, THOUGH, in case anyone was gonna harp on me for that. XD

Ich liebe dich, baby~

space coyote wrote:
From what I've read in the Japanese guidebooks, doesn't seem like it.

Ah, well... that's one mystery solved LOL. In my head, anyway. >U> But this is definitely a pattern worth looking out for in the succeeding games.

Oh I found it. The character designer Iwamoto says right in the guide book that he modeled Faith after Yamazaki.
http://www.court-records.net/arts/kenji/p173.jpg

Translation:
"Director Yamazaki was the model. The killer, Portsman, was modeled after a staff member, so I decided to model the victim after a staff member as well so I went ahead with the resemblance. Then Yamazaki told me, 'There's too much of a resemblance. Please change the design more.' Perhaps he didn't like his role as a corpse?"

Aspiring to Inspire

space coyote wrote:
Fun fact: I read on some Japanese wiki for the game that it's been confirmed Buddy Faith was modeled after the game director, Takeshi Yamazaki.

He's in the middle here:
http://www.court-records.net/scans/080411famitsu04.jpg

Mack Rell was modeled after producer Motohide Eshiro (top).

Don't know what their sources are, but the official guide does state some of the victims of AAI were modeled after people who worked on the game.

*gasp* It's the real Buddy Faith! :gant:
Hikarii wrote:
Lmao, I'm on the same boat with the many who thought he looked better dead. Started up the case not knowing what to expect and I get a photo of the victim-- Wah! THE VICTIM's HOT!! SEARCH FOR HIS ID NOW-- Oh.

Even so, I love his little hat, and his name is quite nice. XD OH I DON'T DISLIKE HIM EVEN AFTER WHAT I FOUND, THOUGH, in case anyone was gonna harp on me for that. XD

Yeah; it's sad his corpse is... *ahem* "hot".
space coyote wrote:
Oh I found it. The character designer Iwamoto says right in the guide book that he modeled Faith after Yamazaki.

Translation:
"Director Yamazaki was the model. The killer, Portsman, was modeled after a staff member, so I decided to model the victim after a staff member as well so I went ahead with the resemblance. Then Yamazaki told me, 'There's too much of a resemblance. Please change the design more.' Perhaps he didn't like his role as a corpse?"

XDD Thanks for the translation! Now I love Buddy by another 40% more. :pearly: And for my serial killer character, I often pose as the corpse...

Incidentally, I thought Buddy might've been based on earlier concept art for Phoenix.

Spoiler: Proto!Phoenix

ImageImageImageImage

Wow. Massive info OVERLOAD, wish I could read Japanese however because those articles look like such awesome reads...
Thanks for sharing this awesome stuff with us however, Nice to see theres a real life Buddy, even if the guy wasn't TOO happy about it :gant:.
Guess, Karmi is now probably going to find this guy now so he can see if his hair is really that strokeable :D

Kýrie eléison

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Incidentally, I thought Buddy might've been based on earlier concept art for Phoenix.

Heh, nice detective skills. Makes you wonder if the developers will reuse old concept art for future games.

At any rate, I feel sorry for Buddy Faith and the Jims that preceded him. IIRC didn't Portsman mention how three of his previous detectives got killed or something like that?
Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788-1860) wrote:
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

space coyote wrote:

Translation:

LoL, I wish both Miles Edgeworth and Cammy Meele were based upon real-life characters.

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Yeah; it's only when the person's (left) handedness is actually important that they do such a thing. Or maybe they wanted his holster to be visible.

I think so, but it seems that some characters are designed specifically left-handed,especially when you consider the front sprites(absent in AAI). The most obvious left-handed ones would be Manfred von Karma(left-handed gestures and when using stungun),Vera Misham(she drew using left-hand) , Larry Butz(in the 3rd iteration of the game,where he held the brush with left-hand,and gestures in AAI), and Valant Gramarye(he swung his staff with left hand).

Possibly Jake Marshall(shaved and drank with left hand,though other animations it makes him more ambidextrous),Cody Hackin(he tried to draw his 'sword' with left hand),Dee Vasquez(smoking pipe on left hand),Angel Starr(she gave out lunchboxes with left-handed,also for gesturing) as well.

Aspiring to Inspire

MittinsKittens wrote:
Wow. Massive info OVERLOAD, wish I could read Japanese however because those articles look like such awesome reads...
Thanks for sharing this awesome stuff with us however, Nice to see theres a real life Buddy, even if the guy wasn't TOO happy about it :gant:.
Guess, Karmi is now probably going to find this guy now so he can see if his hair is really that strokeable :D

Eheheh~ I think they'll kick me out of the studio before that happens... :acro:
Cohdopia Over All wrote:
Karmi-Sempai wrote:

Heh, nice detective skills. Makes you wonder if the developers will reuse old concept art for future games.

At any rate, I feel sorry for Buddy Faith and the Jims that preceded him. IIRC didn't Portsman mention how three of his previous detectives got killed or something like that?

Croik made an interesting speculation to that as well. As I said, they might've gotten snuffed out when they found out too much, just like poor Buddy... :sadshoe:
liuzg150181 wrote:
space coyote wrote:

Translation:

LoL, I wish both Miles Edgeworth and Cammy Meele were based upon real-life characters.

Just like Hotel Dusk and Last Window, huh? If that were true, Proto!Egdey would be among us. *shivers* :eh?:
liuzg150181 wrote:
Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Yeah; it's only when the person's (left) handedness is actually important that they do such a thing. Or maybe they wanted his holster to be visible.

I think so, but it seems that some characters are designed specifically left-handed,especially when you consider the front sprites(absent in AAI). The most obvious left-handed ones would be Manfred von Karma(left-handed gestures and when using stungun),Vera Misham(she drew using left-hand) , Larry Butz(in the 3rd iteration of the game,where he held the brush with left-hand,and gestures in AAI), and Valant Gramarye(he swung his staff with left hand).

Possibly Jake Marshall(shaved and drank with left hand,though other animations it makes him more ambidextrous),Cody Hackin(he tried to draw his 'sword' with left hand),Dee Vasquez(smoking pipe on left hand),Angel Starr(she gave out lunchboxes with left-handed,also for gesturing) as well.

Wow; I completely forgot about those! Maybe it's to keep us from focusingon the left side of the screen too much...? XD

ImageImageImageImage

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Just like Hotel Dusk and Last Window, huh? If that were true, Proto!Egdey would be among us. *shivers* :eh?:

Hotel Dusk and Last Window?
Though as a guy, I prefer a real-life Cammy Meele,lol~~~
Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Wow; I completely forgot about those! Maybe it's to keep us from focusingon the left side of the screen too much...? XD

Maybe? :phoenix:
There's another major character who's possibly left-handed:Franny(gesturing with left-hand for side and front sprite,also the way she held her whip). :franny:

What the Devil is going on here?

His corpse picture is cute. If I was a guy, I'd want hair like that.
~
Page 1 of 4 [ 127 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby