Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 3 of 8[ 290 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title

Just a random passerby

I'm just going to list the annoying ones.

Jacques Portsman- His jacket and "Olympic Medal Winner" animations were annoying.

Zinc Lablanc- Besides him overprotecting his damn art, I hated it anytime he said someone was wasting his precious time. I laughed when he fell and no one wanted to help him.

The Amanos- Both were very annoying. I do have to say though that while I hate Ernest Amano far more than Lance, Lance was by far the more annoying of the two.

Calisto Yew- I liked her, but her laughing annoyed me and her objection was absolutely horrible.

Quercus Alba- Just like everybody else, his persistance was extermly annoying.

Kay Faraday- Yeah, she was probably the most annoying character in AAI. The fact that she proclaimed to be a thief every 5 seconds was just irrating. Never mind that no true thief would ever shout to anybody that they were a thief.

Mike Meekins, Wendy Oldbag, Larry Butz: Of course, these annoying people that I don't care to see again have to return. Anyhow
Meekins wasn't as bad in this game due to the lack of the damn megaphone, but he was still annoying.
Oldbag was just as bad as ever. The fact that she appeared twice was the icing on the cake. Sadly, I'd rather see Will Powers as the Pink Princess anyday than Oldbag.
Larry was just as annoying as he was in T&T. Though It was kinda funny to see his face after he found out the Pink Princess was Oldbag instead of Mindy.

I know it was just a cameo, but I was bothered when Lotta Hart didn't even recongize Edgeworth.

earthlings on fire

rydus65 wrote:

Jacques Portsman- His jacket and "Olympic Medal Winner" animations were annoying.

Zinc Lablanc- Besides him overprotecting his damn art, I hated it anytime he said someone was wasting his precious time. I laughed when he fell and no one wanted to help him.

The Amanos- Both were very annoying. I do have to say though that while I hate Ernest Amano far more than Lance, Lance was by far the more annoying of the two.

Calisto Yew- I liked her, but her laughing annoyed me and her objection was absolutely horrible.

Kay Faraday- Yeah, she was probably the most annoying character in AAI. The fact that she proclaimed to be a thief every 5 seconds was just irrating. Never mind that no true thief would ever shout to anybody that they were a thief.

Mike Meekins, Wendy Oldbag, Larry Butz: Of course, these annoying people that I don't care to see again have to return. Anyhow
Meekins wasn't as bad in this game due to the lack of the damn megaphone, but he was still annoying.
Oldbag was just as bad as ever. The fact that she appeared twice was the icing on the cake. Sadly, I'd rather see Will Powers as the Pink Princess anyday than Oldbag.
Larry was just as annoying as he was in T&T. Though It was kinda funny to see his face after he found out the Pink Princess was Oldbag instead of Mindy.

I know it was just a cameo, but I was bothered when Lotta Hart didn't even recongize Edgeworth.

My first reaction was thinking about how much complaining that was...

My second was that I agreed with all of it O_o
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Choir Nerd...'nuff said.

rydus65 wrote:

Her objection sounded like a man. :yuusaku:

Oh my gosh! Me too!!! I was really expecting her to say something to him that was meaningful...and it never happened. :sadshoe:

Hello, I'm LovelyLarxene! But you can just call me Lovely. :keiko:
Thx to Midnight Jasper for my wonderful set!

I REALLY HATE Portsman. Just his never ending coat thing drives me nuts. So nuts that i might even....hee...hee...hee :uramidn:
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

I really didn't like Yew. her laugh was annoying and her objection sucks.

The Twisted Samurai

Cravat of Doom wrote:
rydus65 wrote:

My first reaction was thinking about how much complaining that was...

My second was that I agreed with all of it O_o

I second every word
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

I personally think that without Edgeworth, Franziska and Gumshoe, the game would just fall apart. They kept bringing back old characters, wich is kind of easy to do. The new characters they introduced weren't exactly memorable either (no interesting ones like for example: Dahlia, Godot or Kristoph... They gave us Portsman, Kay, both the Amanos, Yew and Alba, instead) The only character I kind of liked was detective Badd. I was actually really disapointed with AAI.
Sorry for ranting like that...

By the way, this really pissed me of too:

rydus65 wrote:

earthlings on fire

I truly do forget most of the characters' personalities. I finished AAI in March, so that makes it about four months since playing. I finished (and last played) T&T over a year ago, and I remember everything in detail. See, I like AAI, it's just that my like is a lot... less than the other four Ace Attorney games. D= I really don't want to have to say this, but it's almost forgettable. Alba was a horrendously boring final villain, NOTHING like von Karma, Engarde, Dahlia, or Kristoph. Especially Kristoph, durr-hurr XD

*sigh*
ImageImageImage

I feel violated... and crispy...

Sadly I agree with all of this.

What's worse, I didn't even think Edgeworth or Gumshoe were all that well characterized. Gumshoe was ridiculously flanderized. Yes, Gumshoe's always been comically bumbling. He's never been COMPLETELY incompetent. He's a homicide detective for crying out loud! How could he have even gotten the job if he was the squeamish about blood? Why would he WANT to be a homicide detective if blood bothered him that much? He didn't seem squeamish when he was waving around that receipt that said "Maya" in blood in 1-2.

Edgeworth was slow with his round-about logic to solve ANYTHING. Plus the way he oddly would defend people on a hunch, even when all the evidence was against them and not a single scrap currently contradicted it? That was just bizarre to me. I remember liking Rhoda well enough, but even so, when Edgeworth started going after Cammy despite ALL EVIDENCE pointing at Rhoda, I had to do a double take. Bluffing and following his hunches is Phoenix's schtick. Edgeworth has always been about evidence and logic.

Don't get me started on Kay "Mary-Sue" Faraday. I just... aaagh.

I was looking forward to this game so much, too.
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!

earthlings on fire

pleadingeyes wrote:

Edgeworth was slow with his round-about logic to solve ANYTHING. Plus the way he oddly would defend people on a hunch, even when all the evidence was against them and not a single scrap currently contradicted it? That was just bizarre to me. I remember liking Rhoda well enough, but even so, when Edgeworth started going after Cammy despite ALL EVIDENCE pointing at Rhoda, I had to do a double take. Bluffing and following his hunches is Phoenix's schtick. Edgeworth has always been about evidence and logic.

Edgeworth was painfully out of character in that regard. Just because he was the main character is no excuse for him to defend everybody. :yogi:

We need a "Complain about AAI" thread.
ImageImageImage

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Cammy Meele...

I hate her way more than Oldbag for some reason...
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

Surf's Up!

Let's see...

-Portsman, with the whole jacket thing...

-Lang, with his constant outburst of "Not so fast!".

-Oldbag, for being in the game.

-Calisto Yew, for her laughing/awful objection.

- Alba, for dragging out the final case for far too long.

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

pleadingeyes wrote:

Rhoda didn't strike me as all that odd, considering Edgeworth owed her for giving him a chance to prove himself, but he didn't seem to have any good reason to defend Lauren after she confessed, other than "my meta powers know she isn't the real criminal!"

The worst part was Edgeworth being a total dick to Gumshoe. I don't think I even made it through the first case before I started going, "Dude, not cool."
Billie Jean is not my lover.

You know I win.

My friend lended me AAI a few days back, and I just finished it today.

Where do I begin???

1) Like Icarus said, Edgeworth was a bitch to Gumshoe.
2) Jaques Portsman is freakin' obsessed with his jacket! It's...gaaaaaaaaaaah!
3) Zinc LeBlanc is annoying, and he has a freakishly long breakdown for a witness.
4) Will Cammy Meele ever wake up? It's so annoying when you're cross-examining her and she falls asleep!
5) The Amanos are annoying, stupid bastards who piss the hell outta me.
6) Young Kay was adorable, and I actually like her better than older Kay, because she was so...gaaah.
7) Calisto's laugh was annoying, and her objection voice does not suit her. AT ALL.
8) Paelano (sp?) was so freakishly happy it was...frightening.
9) Alba: Hate him. Hate him so much.
There are five things that are awesome in this world: Paramore, dancing, fan fiction, YMAS, and Klavier Gavin.

Icarus wrote:
The worst part was Edgeworth being a total dick to Gumshoe. I don't think I even made it through the first case before I started going, "Dude, not cool."

Yeah... what happened to all that character development? In T&T where he even bought Gumshoe lunch? Ugh, AAI, did you get anyone right?

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Uhm, why does the topic title say "stupidest" twice?
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

earthlings on fire

... I never noticed.

:sillytrucy:
ImageImageImage

Surf's Up!

Icarus wrote:
The worst part was Edgeworth being a total dick to Gumshoe.

Well, Gumshoe does keep screwing up...

earthlings on fire

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Icarus wrote:

But he was still being unnecessarily mean. All the development was sacrificed for a few cheap laughs D:
ImageImageImage

Cravat of Doom wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:

But he was still being unnecessarily mean. All the development was sacrificed for a few cheap laughs D:

Gumshoe was made ridiculously incompetent, not his usual bumbling but still WORKING self.

So by making Gumshoe more useless, they had to make Edgeworth more frustrated with him.

They then took THIS overboard as well and made Edgeworth a total and complete cruel jerk towards Gumshoe.

earthlings on fire

Lol I just realized:

Icarus wrote:

That's really punny.

I do agree, pleadingeyes. Gumshoe's characterization was also taken to the extreme... He couldn't do anything!
ImageImageImage

(Sp)ace Detective

I guess this isn't a good time to admit that I laughed every single time Edgeworth insulted Gumshoe on my second playthrough of Case 1 :sadshoe:

On the flip side, Edgeworth didn't actually cut Gumshoe's pay even once this game. And Gummy did get a little moment with bringing in the cart during the final battle (this was when the constant cavalry arrival was still cool rather than annoying).
Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

A.K.A Very Melon

End Quote wrote:
Uhm, why does the topic title say "stupidest" twice?

IT'S WAY COOL THOUGH HUH

-SS

btw 1000th POST :keiko:
Spoiler: StepMania vids

Am I the only one who feels really bad when people call AAI the best game in the series?

I wish I could've enjoyed this game that much! I really do. =(

Best kind of turnabout

From me playing the first three cases (started the fourth), I have a few who were just annoying.

-Portsman, omg with his annoying jacket animation. Sounded like a bird flying
-Amano (both), I hated both of them by the time the case was over... the father a lot more. :zenitora:
-Lablanc, We get it you like time and art. Stop butting in and getting on everyones nerves.
-Cammy, As soon as she started to diss Rhoda I got mad. :zenitora: Even if some of her animations are some of my favorites in the game... >->
-Manfred Von Karma, I still don't like him ever since PW1.
-Oldbag, C'mon its Oldbag. That should be enough.

The Twisted Samurai

pleadingeyes wrote:
Am I the only one who feels really bad when people call AAI the best game in the series?

to me T&T was the best game, and I don't exactly feel bad. Everyone has their own opinion. That's why Justin Bieber or Twilight fans exist. If everyone would have the same opinion about one thing life would be boring and colorless, since everyone would like the same color.
and am I the only one who liked that jacket thing from Portsman?

Gettin' Old!

Spoiler: Big GK Case 4 and 5 spoilers
Shih-na and Calisto. She is a manipulative devil woman, the worst of her kind. I hate how she can't take anything seriously then she destroys the Yatagarasu becomes Shih-na CONTINUES TO BE A DEVIL WOMAN but what makes it worst is how much support she actually gets from the CR patrons....like she has some redeeming feature that makes me smashing her face off a desk a terrible thing.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
pleadingeyes wrote:

to me T&T was the best game, and I don't exactly feel bad. Everyone has their own opinion. That's why Justin Bieber or Twilight fans exist. If everyone would have the same opinion about one thing life would be boring and colorless, since everyone would like the same color.
and am I the only one who liked that jacket thing from Portsman?

It's not the differing opinion that makes me feel bad.

I feel bad because I WISH I could have enjoyed this game as much as others did. But it just seemed so poorly characterized and tedious to me...

Just a random passerby

I agree with the comments about Gumshoe being a little too incompetent and Edgeworth being a little too much of a dick to Gumshoe. I think the worst was when Portsman said everybody can't wait for Gumshoe to get the pink slip and Edgeworth paused for 2 or 3 seconds before saying it isn't true. Though I'm glad they toned down Edgeworth's emoness somewhat.

On the other hand, Fransizka characterzation has improved from JFA>T&T>AAI. While not a major improvement from T&T (Which is understandable since AAI happened shortly after 3-5) the perfection stuff was toned down a little and she didn't whip Gumshoe as much. I didn't have a problem with Fransizka whipping Edgeworth either, some might disagree with me, because she never whipped Edgeworth in JFA or T&T. However, let's not forget that Edgeworth and Fransizka didn't appear together very much in those games. On the negative side, the fact that she accused Edgeworth of killing Akbey Hicks immediately after they met without hearing Edgeworth's side of the story bothered me a lot. Also, I was VERY disappointed that she nevered whipped Oldbag a single time. If anyone deserved the whip, it was Oldbag.

It seems like to me that 2/3-3/4's of AAI's character developent went to Lang and Badd alone and the rest of it went to everybody else. I wonder if I was the only one who think that?

The Twisted Samurai

FRANZISKA WHIPPED EDGEWORTH IN T&T GODDAMNIT (sorry for that outburst)
It was when they were in the inner temple after that earthquake, and Fran and Phoenix told him to get some fresh hair, since he was green in his face.

A.K.A Very Melon

pleadingeyes wrote:

Second

-SS
Spoiler: StepMania vids

earthlings on fire

pleadingeyes wrote:

It's not the differing opinion that makes me feel bad.

I feel bad because I WISH I could have enjoyed this game as much as others did. But it just seemed so poorly characterized and tedious to me...

I do. I've read your posts about it elsewhere, and while people don't seem to share the same opinion about it, I do.

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who does D: AAI was disappointing to me.
ImageImageImage

Like everyone else,Edgeworth being a bitch to Gummy was NOT COOL.But to make matters worse,When those scenes of Lang being all great to Shih-Na came along,and Kay would say "hey,why don't you act nice to Gummy like him?" and then Edgeworth is all "Am I really that mean to Gumshoe...?" Uh NO FREAKING DUH MAN.
YOU are the one doing it therefor YOU better than anyone know what your trying to do.
And I actually really enjoyed AAI,I like some of the new characters. But Edgeworth was going waay to far.
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

WAAAAAAAGH!

It's been a while since I last played AAI, but here's what I can remember. I would like to thank some people for reminding me of some of the things I didn't like.

Jacques. Like most of the people here, the constant putting on the jacket, flipping it open, then taking it back off was a bit annoying after a while, if only because I keep wondering why the hell he's doing that besides looking smug. However, I think that he had the funniest breakdown. I mean, the eating of the medal combined with just how stupid his face looked was actually pretty silly to me. I mean, that had to have been the funniest breakdown I've seen.

Lablanc. While his poor grammar I attribute to English not being his first language, his constant reminders of time and money being important as well as his strange attraction to his art bordered on pretentious. His breakdown animation was also, as some people said, a bit too long. And actually kinda disgusting with the fat flying around.

Cammy. I mostly found her constant falling asleep to be funny for the first few times, but then it just bordered on annoying because she apparently had so little sleep that she can't pay attention when being asked questions. The bubble thing was a bit annoying too.

Kay. Alright, Kay's personality isn't truly annoying because it's the same personality Trucy, Maya, and even Pearl has. It was mostly the constant reminders that she's a thief. (Side note: During that old thread about Kay being a Sue or not, wasn't the general agreement that, while exceptional, she isn't a Sue?)

I think there were others, but I really can't remember at the moment.

General Tommy wrote:
Kay. Alright, Kay's personality isn't truly annoying because it's the same personality Trucy, Maya, and even Pearl has. It was mostly the constant reminders that she's a thief. (Side note: During that old thread about Kay being a Sue or not, wasn't the general agreement that, while exceptional, she isn't a Sue?)

I think there was no agreement. People were divided into three camps. 1. Kay's a good character. 2. She's poorly written but not a Sue. 3. She's a Sue.

Personally, I can't think of any new assistant that pops out of the woodwork and then saves Edgeworth THREE TIMES in the span of three cases is anything less than a Sue.

Plus, it felt as if they were trying to make her too many of the characters at once. She was supposed to be the sassy assistant (Maya), the maligned youngster (Pearl, Trucy), and the geek with the cool tools (Ema). It's why her personality seemed so inconsistent and flip-floppy, and also made it seem a bit inexplicable that so many characters liked her.

But I suppose we'll all just have to agree to disagree.

Come to the MIEGO side we have coffee

Spoiler: Case 2
I'd have to say pretty much everyone was annoying in case two, 'cept Akbey (I kind of wish he had some mo' screen times before he died). 'Nuff said.

Also, I wanted to pull my hair out every time Ernest spoke...."now...now...now...*Gum_on_your_shoe pulls her hair out!*
I definitely thought Lang was obnoxious as well as Palaeno.
The Fragrance of Dark Coffee always smells good ;P

:wall-bang: "Leave the getting excited over absolutely nothing to our teenybopper fans, ja?"

Elegy of the Detained

Steel Samurai: Ok, that's good, recurring show-within-the-show.
Jammin' Ninja: Sure, they found a new guy, I'm all right with that.
Pink Princess: Thought this was a throwaway gag, but whatever.
Iron Infant: :edgeworth:

Does anyone else find the Iron Infant character idea annoying?
On a quest to find a good sig. If you can help, drop a PM my way.

Gettin' Old!

Gum_on_your_Shoe wrote:
I'd have to say pretty much everyone was annoying in case two, 'cept Akbey (I kind of wish he had some mo' screen times before he died). 'Nuff said.

Also, I wanted to pull my hair out every time Ernest spoke...."now...now...now...*Gum_on_your_shoe pulls her hair out!*

How could you hate Palaeno that lovable man :larry:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Just a random passerby

Gum_on_your_Shoe wrote:

Ummmmmm... I don't really see how Palaeno is obnoxious. He's one of the least obnoxious individuals in my opinion.

Come to the MIEGO side we have coffee

Pierre wrote:
Gum_on_your_Shoe wrote:

How could you hate Palaeno that lovable man :larry:

I don't hate him, but I think he is annoying. Did not say anything about hating him.
The Fragrance of Dark Coffee always smells good ;P

:wall-bang: "Leave the getting excited over absolutely nothing to our teenybopper fans, ja?"
Page 3 of 8 [ 290 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby