Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

Therapy?Topic%20Title

i feel pretty

First off, does anyone else here actually know who these guys are? I'd be surprised. (Not counting BlackJack, who I introduced. He shall forever owe me for this). So, for the uninitiated, here we go:
Therapy? are an alternative rock band from Larne, Northern Ireland, who formed in 1989. They released their first single Meat Abstract in 1990 on their own label, Multifuckingnational Records, then kicked off their first tour. They gradually built up their fanbase on their unusual, Big Black-inspired sound over their first 2 albums, before scoring a mild hit in 1992 with Teethgrinder. They then went on to create the critically acclaimed classic album Troublegum, featuring 7 of the most fucked-up songs to ever feature on mainstream radio. Like any good alternative band would, they went on to alienate the crap out of their audience by changing their sound massively every album, going from the powerpop-type tunes like Screamager straight to covering Husker Du's Diane (Read: fucking disturbing song).

And through it all, they stand here today, as good as ever, still belting out awesome and original music.
Re: Therapy?Topic%20Title

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

When i first started watching MTV in 1993 i saw the video for Screamager lots of times. It instantly became one of my fav' songs.

I can't beleive it's on Youtube. Guess they aren't on one of wmg's labels.

i feel pretty

Johnny Rotan wrote:
When i first started watching MTV in 1993 i saw the video for Screamager lots of times. It instantly became one of my fav' songs.

I can't beleive it's on Youtube. Guess they aren't on one of wmg's labels.

Nah, they're signed to one of Global Music's labels, DR2. Their old label folded, which serverely fucked up their career, so I assume that the rights belong to DR2 now.

Also, Screamager is awesome. It was my initiation to Therapy? as well. And the riff has been ripped off so many times. (Read: The Offspring's "The Kids Aren't Alright" and Outl4w's "I Can't Relate").

My OTP of OTP's. <3

I remember Therapy? I can't say that I was much of a fan of them, though. ^_^;;
Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club