Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 2 of 2[ 70 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: MusicalsTopic%20Title

LOLWHUT.

Phantom of the Opera owns my heart. It will always be my favourite. I remember when I was so obsessed with it that I dreamt about it. The story is great. The characters are great. The songs are great. Has anyone read the original book? The book was absolutely awesome. Anyway, avoiding a change in topic, Phantom of the Opera > all.

I lost my chance to see Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. I was oh so close. Sigh. Regret. I saw a watered down version of it in Disney World. That was one of the most hilarious shows ever. I could go on and on about it - the costumes, the acting. Because it was a forty minute show, everything was quick so it left no room for development.
"Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers." - Stephen Fry.

seems interesting!

Quote:
For the record, you were right about Rent.
I know.

Have you heard of Fire Emblem musicals?
:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington

Thank you, Trabz.

RENT: I was never a big fan of it. Maybe it was becuase I could never remember any of the characters names.

I actually heard rumors of a Shrek musical. What a laugh. It'll probably do as well as Carrie: The Musical did.
Thank you, Vickinator, for this very beautiful signature!

Wife to Takita and mother of Bleachlover, Lauren Order, and andrx. Anime Fever. You know you want to click it.

Lives in a box mansion

zuddharina wrote:
Quote:
For the record, you were right about Rent.
I know.

I know you know, that's why you're right.
Feel free to not acknowledge this post.

seems interesting!

Quote:
I know you know, that's why you're right.
Duh.

No reason to be excited

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
the Lord of the Rings musical

What?! Lotr musical? how come no one told me?! How come I haven't seen commercials?! I gotta talk to the guy who is supposed to update me on this stuff. :uramidn:

見たのか・・・!

It's been running for a while. And has failed miserably.

I love musicals my top two favorite musicals are

Phantom of the Opera will have a huge spot in my heart for being one of the best musicals ever... i never miss an opportunity to see it when it's here.

and spamalot. although after they hid the holy grail under my seat and being humiliated don stage i'm kind of turned off. lol. severe case of stage fright anyone?

I want to go see the lion king though. i had the chance when it was here, but i never did. same with Aladdin.

1000% Knight

A necro?

...Sure, I'll bite.

Phantom of the Opera itself is great, but the musical is............ at least the production I saw was pretty awful xD Mostly because it was so opera-ish, you couldn't understand what they were saying, so nothing made sense.

Les Miserables is an amazing musical, but of course, it's Les Miserables. Chicago and Hairspray are also great.

My favorite musical, though, is probably Wicked. ...It could just be because I had house seats (^_^) but still
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

My name is Judge.

I love theatre, I love musical theatre, and I love acting in both. I've had wonderful experiences in theatre, and a topic on musicals is just my style.

I've never been a big fan of Phantom of the Opera, not that it wasn't good, just, I never had a taste for it.

Of course, there's Les Misérables, but it has to be done well, I've been in this show three times, and an interesting thing about it is that the best production of it I was in (in my opinion anyway) didn't use the rotating stage, which I thought was a nice change.

I love Sondheim, Sweeney Todd is great, but Company is far and away his best work. I mean you can't go wrong with an ensemble cast, and the songs and libretto to it are fantastic.

My favorite musical however would have to be How to Succeed in Business Without Really trying. It was the first musical I ever saw, and it later became the first show I've ever seen on Broadway (and it was fantastically done, the choreography, staging, costuming, set, casting, and all was brilliant). Some other favorites of mine are the Will Rogers Follies and Anything Goes (but it must be the 1982 version).

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

OLIVER ALL THE WAY <33 I was in my school production of Oliver! and the whole thing is just perfect- you can't beat the score for this musical even if you tried :3

I love Chicago too but it's one of the very few musicals that I actually think worked slightly better as a film; the set for most productions doesn't really give you a sense of being in a 1920s jail... or maybe that's just because I enjoyed the film so much XD

Aaaand I saw Priscilla: Queen of the Desert, The Musical the other week, most fun musical EVER. In the history of ever. Full of awesome disco tunes, filthy innuendos and fabulous glittery Aussie drag queens ;)
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

My name is Judge.

In anticipation for an audition I downloaded the Next to Normal soundtrack to become more familiar with the show and can safely say it is far and away one of the freshest, strongest new shows and has the most amazing music I've heard in a Broadway show.

Psychotic Musician

Sound of Music, Phantom of the Opera and Moulin Rouge are my favorites. ♥

Signature done by Panda Prinzessin :)

:)

Has anyone seen Love Never Dies? It really surprised me. I didn't like how they portrayed Roaul in it, but I really enjoyed the show.

Chloe wrote:
Has anyone seen Love Never Dies? It really surprised me. I didn't like how they portrayed Roaul in it, but I really enjoyed the show.

Nooo!! i'm not really interested in it either. the music, at least for me, is god awful. I think A.L.W made a huge mistake in writing a second one. the first one was so perfect, and the way it ended should have been it. There was no need for a sequel.

A friend invited me to see Phantom Of The Opera again. :D

The member who doesn't swear much

My two favourites are Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

Mask★ deBadger

Musicals are simply a huge chunk of my life.

Favourites include: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Cats, Hairspray, Matilda, The Addams Family, By Jeeves, Wicked, Joseph and the Amazing Techincolour Dreamcoat and You're a Good Man Charlie Brown.

I've been listening to Musicals since I was around 2 with my brother, so I've grown up with them. Only recently have I had the oppertunity to really go and see a lot of my favourites, however.

Ace Sidekick!

I love musicals even though they can be cheesy sometimes. Breaking out into song adds emotion to a story.

Sadly I haven't seen any new musicals at all. :( When I get better at singing I would love to become part of a musical.

Call me weird if you wish but I wish there could be a musical genre for anime. :neil2:

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chloe wrote:
A friend invited me to see Phantom Of The Opera again. :D

Man I'd love to see that sometime. I only know the titular song, but I've got to go at some point.
Otherwise, I haven't seen all that many. I used to like RENT a lot a while back. Now I'm hooked on Chicago, which I'd also love to see in person sometime.
Dr. Horrible is really good too, and it's only like 40 minutes.
And then there's the Phoenix Wright developing/dead/maybe coming back to life? Musical. It'd be a real shame if it dies for good, because some of the songs are actually really good.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Les Mis will be forever in my heart. <3 It's by far the best musical I've ever seen.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Reviving this because personal hypeeee! Les Mis is opening next month here in my country, and I couldnt be more excited! :D

I also love Phantom of the Opera, despite its flaws. What? I ship!!! In defense of Love Never Dies tho, the music at least was gorgeous. The Australian production that was filmed to DVD was really visually appealing. (The story, though? Nope. Just - nope.) Miss Saigon, too, and I can't wait to hear more about it in the theatre news once it opens on Broadway next year. And more Rodgers and Hammerstein love! The King and I, the Sound of Music, South Pacific, Flower Drum Song!

Love Wicked, too, based on what I've heard on the cast album on Spotify. A shame I couldn see it live, since I had intern duty when they staged a production here. Other OCRs I have on my Spotify are Evita, Cats, Fun Home, An American in Paris, Cinderella (RnH), Into the Woods, Here Lies Love, Hamilton.

Then there's also Elisabeth. I was first introduced to it when I saw a clip of Kim Junsu (JYJ) performing as Der Todd on some televised Korean musical concert or awards show. Then my friend lent me a copy of the DVD of the Viennese (?) production, and I immensely enjoyed myself.

Speaking of, there'll be a Frozen musical soon. I... don't know what to say.

Sylph of Doom

I've had the privilege of studying abroad last year and a couple of my classes included seeing a number of plays in themselves... and that didn't stop me from buying tickets besides. :godot: I went to see The Lion King, The Book of Mormon, and then Wicked some time after that. I saw Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street recently too; I've admired the Burton/Depp movie for a while, but I finally got to see it performed in person last October.

A play I find very underrated, though, is Lestat: The Musical. I've come to be somewhat of a fan of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and it worked as a sort of combination of Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat, both from Lestat's perspective. I like it so much I actually look to creating a cover of one of Armand's songs in the piece, "After All This Time".

As for the discussion of Les Mis... I'm sure it's a masterpiece, but I've never seen the play nor the film adaptation. All I know is that it's about revolutionary France and it's where happiness goes to die. Brilliant, but I would never be able to prepare myself for it.
Yours in Eternity

Danksgiving

Pylons wrote:
I actually heard rumors of a Shrek musical. What a laugh. It'll probably do as well as Carrie: The Musical did.

i can confirm that these rumors are true and that the musical was justifiably given positive reviews

Sylph of Doom

Come to think of it, yeah. I found the Shrek Musical on Netflix. Not amazing or anything imo, but a nice rehash, some original jokes, and a couple of the songs really stood out.
Yours in Eternity

Last one I saw was Annie in Oxford. It was very good.

It's a Goverment Pig!

Oh god musicals have taken over my life. Most of my favourites have already been mentioned but I'm surprised Hedwig and The Angry Inch hasn't been mentioned yet. It's by far my favourite musical for the moment (although, I have to admit that the Heathers musical might take over soon).

Also, I feel I should ask this here - is Hamilton any good? I've seen a lot of people talking about it but I've not had the chance to listen to the sound track yet because the whole hip hop thing turns me off (it's not a genre I'm personally a fan of) but is it good despite that? I want to like it because Jonathan Groff was in it , and I know Andrew Rannells briefly replaced him (he was one of my favourite Hedwigs and I loved him as Elder Price) but I don't want to expect a lot, only to be disappointed which is another reason I've not listened to the soundtrack yet.
This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
Image Image
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home

My edge is worthy for miles.

Naoto_Shirogane wrote:
is Hamilton any good? ... the whole hip hop thing turns me off (it's not a genre I'm personally a fan of)

Lolz thanks for the chuckle.

Explore! [video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0gp07o8fE
Page 2 of 2 [ 70 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club