Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Thoughts on the Bonus Episodes? /spoilers/Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

Surprised this thread wasn't ever made. These are imo the best part of the whole game. They all range from hilarious to somewhat even emotional. Love the way they continuously break the fourth wall unforgivingly. They even mock some tropes of both series. I loved the ones where they especially broke the fourth wall,but the one focussing on Constantine's backstory was very good and emotional.

If I had to point out a flaw though,it'd be the puzzles. The first few are indeed unused puzzles from the main game. But the last few are just reused puzzles,which is really irritating. Especially when they say 'Oh here's a totally new puzzle' beforehand just to disappoint you further. Edgeworth also came off as unnecessarily condescending and I don't like that we never find out who won the Bezella pageant. But those are just nitpicks.

Overall,I really enjoyed these.

What are your thoughts on them?
Re: Thoughts on the Bonus Episodes? /spoilers/Topic%20Title

Sarcastic comments on request

We all know who won the Bezella pageant.
Melchett: Ah, Blackadder! Still talking to yourself, I see.
Blackadder: Yes, it's the only way I can be sure of intelligent conversation.

The video game boy; the one who wins

It was a fun pastime and I also especially loved them being self-aware and making fun of themselves. In style it reminded me a little of the Aisinine Attorney episodes but with fourth-wall breaks in that they felt silly and easily digestible enough and came across a bit as skits the characters put up for the player. The episode concerning Constantine was sweet and pretty sad and I'm inclined to take that specific bit as canon including Barnham's Wild Ride. Although it's not canon and I understand why they did it production wise it feels pretty lame that they just went "oh, we went back to our old ways", it would've been lovely to at least have the characters in their modern clothes from the ending. Edgeworth felt strikingly un-Edgeworthey in both appearance, voice and behaviour. If I had only played the Layton series and saw this I'd think that "that Edgeworth guy seems really annoying". I felt sorry for both Darklaw and Barnham randomly becoming buttmonkeys throughout. The judge and Wordsmith hanging out together was great. I'm glad Petter was there if only for a second. I didn't mind the puzzles much, it was nice to have them but they could have just done without them. Still, as far as -the final puzzle Phoenix and Layton solve together- it being that eccentric tailor 2 felt underwhelming, they could at least have done something cooler and funnier if they hyped it up like that. Loved the dramatic Godot reference, Layton fans who haven't played Ace Attorney must have been pretty confused by that.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

The Godot reference was over the top but hilarious, I agree. And I take the Constantine bit as canon too, it's kind of sombre but I really appreciate it even if it's not related to the main game's story. Great moment.

Quote:
Edgeworth felt strikingly un-Edgeworthey in both appearance, voice and behaviour. If I had only played the Layton series and saw this I'd think that "that Edgeworth guy seems really annoying".

Sounds like he had a bit too much wine, eh?

The video game boy; the one who wins

Southern Corn wrote:
The Godot reference was over the top but hilarious, I agree. And I take the Constantine bit as canon too, it's kind of sombre but I really appreciate it even if it's not related to the main game's story. Great moment.

Quote:
Edgeworth felt strikingly un-Edgeworthey in both appearance, voice and behaviour. If I had only played the Layton series and saw this I'd think that "that Edgeworth guy seems really annoying".

Sounds like he had a bit too much wine, eh?

Yeah, it didn't have the silly undertones (other than Barnham's slapsticky Wild Ride in and of itself I suppose) so it felt like something they were actually going for. Good to know they turned out to become such a dynamic duo.

Verily I say, ergo. I'm going to headcanon that he accidentally drunk-stumbled into the game and they just let him be.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Idk

Loved everything to do with Barnham in it

Happy Maria

It still gets me sometimes that the entire Constantine backstory wasn't shown in the main game, it's such a mellow yet powerful moment in an otherwise wacky series of bonus episodes. Lovely stuff.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)