Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

Question about Jowd (spoilers)Topic%20Title

In the new timeline, Jowd got hit in the leg with a piece of the meteorite. Sooo... does that mean he's now immortal, or does that only apply to people who are actually dead, like Yomiel? Does anyone know?
Sig creation in process.
Re: Question about Jowd (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Zxblaze wrote:
In the new timeline, Jowd got hit in the leg with a piece of the meteorite. Sooo... does that mean he's now immortal, or does that only apply to people who are actually dead, like Yomiel? Does anyone know?

As I understand it, Jowd's leg wasn't just hit by the meteorite, it went right through and now rests in our protagonist.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Wooster wrote:
As I understand it, Jowd's leg wasn't just hit by the meteorite, it went right through and now rests in our protagonist.

Who is now himself dead and immortal.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

beterbomen wrote:
Wooster wrote:

Spoiler:
Sorry to bump up such an old thread, but I just finished the game a second time and I was really wondering about this. Does Sissel actually die at the end of the game, only to become immortal? I mean, I know he is revealed to still have ghost tricks at the end, but I always assumed it was because he simply retained them somehow from the previous timeline (since he, Jowd, Missile, and Yomiel are said to be the only ones to have any memory of the previous timeline).

I have to say that's actually kind of a sad ending for Sissel. Yes, he has a family now who loves him and cares for him, but what happens when they get old and pass away while he still remains a young kitten? Sissel could eventually end up going through what Yomiel went through in the original timeline (though I suppose it's just as likely he could find another family to care for him). I don't know, it seems like everyone had a happy ending, but Sissel's ending is actually kind of depressing when you really think about it.

What did he do this time...?

TheIdioteque wrote:
beterbomen wrote:
Wooster wrote:

Spoiler:
Sorry to bump up such an old thread, but I just finished the game a second time and I was really wondering about this. Does Sissel actually die at the end of the game, only to become immortal? I mean, I know he is revealed to still have ghost tricks at the end, but I always assumed it was because he simply retained them somehow from the previous timeline (since he, Jowd, Missile, and Yomiel are said to be the only ones to have any memory of the previous timeline).

I have to say that's actually kind of a sad ending for Sissel. Yes, he has a family now who loves him and cares for him, but what happens when they get old and pass away while he still remains a young kitten? Sissel could eventually end up going through what Yomiel went through in the original timeline (though I suppose it's just as likely he could find another family to care for him). I don't know, it seems like everyone had a happy ending, but Sissel's ending is actually kind of depressing when you really think about it.

Spoiler:
Yes, Sissel the kitten did die. When Lynne held his limp body and she asks Jowd about it, it seemed me that his response ("It's just sleeping") was a lie so Lynne wouldn't be upset. Like Yomiel, Sissel eventually became conscious and gained the ability to manipulate the body. That meteorite chunk is the reason why he has ghost tricks. So no, the characters don't retain their ghost tricks for no reason.

Well, if Sissel could find a way to remove the Temsik chunk, then he could finally be free. But I see your point. I think we can assume it's all a happy ending.... maybe.

Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

The video game boy; the one who wins

I didn't get he was dead again until others pointed it out... :sadshoe: Anyhow, I wouldn't think that's much of a problem for him, as people take notice of him and he's not alone, so it's not a Yomiel-situation. He seemed quite pleased with the situation and as he's technically a ghost he can still hang out with his friends after they've died. I can also see it being a somewhat bittersweet ending (or rather the opposite of an ending) for him, taking the fall (or rather the meteorite) for his friend (or rather the benefit of all people he's met during the night) because he can handle it, although they didn't really put it up as being a problem.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen