Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads

Page 2 of 32[ 1278 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Re: Fire Emblem: The Heroes' LegacyTopic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

I don't see any place in the promotion chart where a Trickster would fit save for one top-tier position. Needless to say, I'm not willing to let someone start out as a top-tier class when the RP hasn't even formally begun.

Moving on, there's an aspect of Duat's history that I haven't revealed yet, mostly because I wasn't sure if people would like it. If this idea isn't popular, I'll just alter this part of Duat's history. Now that I've got some people interested in the RP, though, I think the time is ripe to share the idea.

Spoiler: The heroes in the RP's title
Duat's actually been a few years in the making and gone through a number of different iterations. Originally, it was going to be the setting for a fan fiction that I never got around to writing. Specifically, it was going to be the story of where Ike wound up after the events of Radiant Dawn. Since I'm pretty sure I will never write said fan fiction at this point, I'm comfortable sharing the plot. After all, I'm hoping to make the events of that story be a part of Duat's history in this RP.

One possible ending of Radiant Dawn has Soren leave with Ike. That ending was canon in my fan fiction. Initially, the ship they boarded sails east to Hatari, then continues eastward to unknown lands. After around two months at sea, the crew spotted a ship and rendezvoused with it. The two ships sailed to Belzen, where Ike, Soren, and the others ultimately settled. By this point, the Bear King's War had already begun, but Agdy's forces had yet to travel any farther than the Anatolian realms far to the east. As such, most of the people in western Duat neither knew nor cared about these events.

Ike and Soren have founded a mercenary company, and over the course of a few years, they became regular clients of the Belzenite crown, often being hired to deal with bandits or rebels. Over those same years, however, Agdy's empire had expanded at an astonishing rate, with even the might of the Central Alliance not being enough to stop him. As Agdy's forces prepared to invade Dulkadir, a coalition of western Beorc, northern Beorc, and dragon Laguz countries was formed in response to the impending invasion, and Ike and Soren's company was hired to bolster Belzen's forces.

Soren's tactical brilliance impressed the Belzenite commander, the gold dragon Elara, during a strategy meeting. During the meeting with other coalition leaders, Soren and Ike were taken along to plan for the upcoming battle. The Battle of Marash ended in a coalition victory, the first major victory over Agdy's forces in the entire war, thanks to Soren's ideas. Over the course of the war, Ike and Soren developed a friendship with Elara.

Several years passed as the coalition, aided by other countries as they are liberated, drove Agdy's forces eastward. Finally, at the Battle of Nicaea in what is now Paphlagonia, Ike, Soren, and Elara managed to reach Agdy himself, slaying him after a drawn-out fight, with Agdy's own forces frequently intervening in the hope of rescuing their leader. Without a leader, what was left of Agdy's empire splintered.

Ike and Soren's friendship with Elara continued after the war, and in a few years, Ike and Elara were wed. Deprived of her power to transform, Elara learned the ways of the sword from her husband. In time, Soren, too, found someone to let into his life: a northern Beorc mage named Lydia. Some Marked claim descent from either Ike and Elara or Soren and Lydia, though most lack the means to prove their claims.

More than two hundred years have passed since the end of the Bear King's War. Elara still serves the king of Belzen, though she also trains some aspiring swordfighters in the hope of keeping Ike's unique style of fighting alive. Ike and Lydia have both been dead for over a century. As for Soren, he is now quite old and looks the part. He has decided to spend the last years of his life seeking out his descendants, wherever they may be. He was last sighted in Chaldia.

Note: If this idea is accepted, I give my word that Elara and Soren will never participate in any battles in this RP; both of them would be ridiculously overpowered.

I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
I don't see any place in the promotion chart where a Trickster would fit save for one top-tier position. Needless to say, I'm not willing to let someone start out as a top-tier class when the RP hasn't even formally begun.

Moving on, there's an aspect of Duat's history that I haven't revealed yet, mostly because I wasn't sure if people would like it. If this idea isn't popular, I'll just alter this part of Duat's history. Now that I've got some people interested in the RP, though, I think the time is ripe to share the idea.

Spoiler: The heroes in the RP's title
Duat's actually been a few years in the making and gone through a number of different iterations. Originally, it was going to be the setting for a fan fiction that I never got around to writing. Specifically, it was going to be the story of where Ike wound up after the events of Radiant Dawn. Since I'm pretty sure I will never write said fan fiction at this point, I'm comfortable sharing the plot. After all, I'm hoping to make the events of that story be a part of Duat's history in this RP.

One possible ending of Radiant Dawn has Soren leave with Ike. That ending was canon in my fan fiction. Initially, the ship they boarded sails east to Hatari, then continues eastward to unknown lands. After around two months at sea, the crew spotted a ship and rendezvoused with it. The two ships sailed to Belzen, where Ike, Soren, and the others ultimately settled. By this point, the Bear King's War had already begun, but Agdy's forces had yet to travel any farther than the Anatolian realms far to the east. As such, most of the people in western Duat neither knew nor cared about these events.

Ike and Soren have founded a mercenary company, and over the course of a few years, they became regular clients of the Belzenite crown, often being hired to deal with bandits or rebels. Over those same years, however, Agdy's empire had expanded at an astonishing rate, with even the might of the Central Alliance not being enough to stop him. As Agdy's forces prepared to invade Dulkadir, a coalition of western Beorc, northern Beorc, and dragon Laguz countries was formed in response to the impending invasion, and Ike and Soren's company was hired to bolster Belzen's forces.

Soren's tactical brilliance impressed the Belzenite commander, the gold dragon Elara, during a strategy meeting. During the meeting with other coalition leaders, Soren and Ike were taken along to plan for the upcoming battle. The Battle of Marash ended in a coalition victory, the first major victory over Agdy's forces in the entire war, thanks to Soren's ideas. Over the course of the war, Ike and Soren developed a friendship with Elara.

Several years passed as the coalition, aided by other countries as they are liberated, drove Agdy's forces eastward. Finally, at the Battle of Nicaea in what is now Paphlagonia, Ike, Soren, and Elara managed to reach Agdy himself, slaying him after a drawn-out fight, with Agdy's own forces frequently intervening in the hope of rescuing their leader. Without a leader, what was left of Agdy's empire splintered.

Ike and Soren's friendship with Elara continued after the war, and in a few years, Ike and Elara were wed. Deprived of her power to transform, Elara learned the ways of the sword from her husband. In time, Soren, too, found someone to let into his life: a northern Beorc mage named Lydia. Some Marked claim descent from either Ike and Elara or Soren and Lydia, though most lack the means to prove their claims.

More than two hundred years have passed since the end of the Bear King's War. Elara still serves the king of Belzen, though she also trains some aspiring swordfighters in the hope of keeping Ike's unique style of fighting alive. Ike and Lydia have both been dead for over a century. As for Soren, he is now quite old and looks the part. He has decided to spend the last years of his life seeking out his descendants, wherever they may be. He was last sighted in Chaldia.

Note: If this idea is accepted, I give my word that Elara and Soren will never participate in any battles in this RP; both of them would be ridiculously overpowered.

Oh cool so ol' Soren is still alive then?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

Yes, although he probably won't actually appear in the RP. Elara's a possibility, but if she shows up, I'm going to do everything I can to keep her out of any battles that you and the other players get involved in.

In Justice We Trust

Update: the map now has demographic information. I've also added three new Lore entries and am working on adding information on religion on Duat.

This would also be a good time to discuss some of the mechanics I hope to see implemented in this RP. Let's start with skills, shall we? On the one hand, unique skills can help make individual classes stand out more, whereas they would otherwise simply have different stats and some would be vulnerable to specific types of weapons. On the other hand, some skills might end up being game-breakers, in which case I might find myself "nerfing" some of them well after the RP has started. Finally, third-tier enemies can be expected if the RP lasts long enough for such enemies to be a suitable challenge for the players. This means that if the Lethality skill remains available for Assassins, then enemy Assassins will have a chance of taking you out in one blow. I'm not going to give the players access to something that the enemy won't have access to.

Gettin' Old!

Nerf Galeforce.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

[laughs] Don't worry. I didn't include that skill in the first place.

In Justice We Trust

Sorry for another double post, but I have now included a list of skills. I'm open to suggestions for additional skills, changes to existing skills, removal of existing skills, and so on. For your convenience, I've also included the list in a spoiler tag in this post.

Spoiler: List of skills

Since some of you might be wondering about the Phantom skill, it's something only summoned Phantoms have, so there's no way for your character to have the skill.

Oh, I also corrected a mistake in the Necromancer's stat caps.

You know, thinking about it, we need to figure out how all of you are going to wind up together and in Belzen. I'd rather not force the classic "you all meet in a tavern" bit. I remember Blak saying Lucius was trying to track down a group of female bandits, so his pursuit of them could have simply led him to Belzen. As for Crelarus and Dorran, since they're both pretty much just wandering the land, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to just happen to be in Belzen when the RP starts. Ardan's the only one I'm having some difficulty coming up with an explanation for. Of course, it's ultimately up to all of you how your respective characters wind up in Belzen. As long as it makes sense, I'll probably roll with just about anything.

Gettin' Old!

I thought there was gonna be some national event or reason to assemble there for many people and our folk can just ally as they arrive.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Technically, I never actually agreed to that. It's plausible for the first three, but judging by his backstory, Ardan lives a good distance away from Belzen (ultimately your choice, but judging by what you wrote about him, Cappadocia, Beroea, and eastern Rakka make the most sense as his homeland). Why would he go all that way for a national event? Again, I'm not trying to force a particular story on anyone, but I want to understand why a priest would have traveled so far. Some ideas come to mind, but I don't want to force them on you.

Edit: I was just putting together the information on everyone's stats and happened to notice that starting out with zero Luck would, in theory, mean that selecting it as a flaw wouldn't affect your initial Luck stat. Those of you who chose Luck as a flaw will be pleased to know that none of the algorithms in this RP that use Luck can be ruined by the stat being negative. As such, I see no reason why I shouldn't just give a negative Luck stat to those who have Luck as their flaw. I hope this relieves any concerns you might have about inadvertently gaming the system.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Technically, I never actually agreed to that. It's plausible for the first three, but judging by his backstory, Ardan lives a good distance away from Belzen (ultimately your choice, but judging by what you wrote about him, Cappadocia, Beroea, and eastern Rakka make the most sense as his homeland). Why would he go all that way for a national event? Again, I'm not trying to force a particular story on anyone, but I want to understand why a priest would have traveled so far. Some ideas come to mind, but I don't want to force them on you.

Edit: I was just putting together the information on everyone's stats and happened to notice that starting out with zero Luck would, in theory, mean that selecting it as a flaw wouldn't affect your initial Luck stat. Those of you who chose Luck as a flaw will be pleased to know that none of the algorithms in this RP that use Luck can be ruined by the stat being negative. As such, I see no reason why I shouldn't just give a negative Luck stat to those who have Luck as their flaw. I hope this relieves any concerns you might have about inadvertently gaming the system.

Well tell me a bit about the culture of Belzen perhaps I can find a reason if I know a bit about the city.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

What would you like to know? Culture's a pretty wide-range topic.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
What would you like to know? Culture's a pretty wide-range topic.

Tell me about religion, perhaps there can be some yearly duty, or simply a trade caravan or something Ardan can join onto travelling to Belzen on business or some religious reason.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

I think I've got an idea, Pierre: a pilgrimage. The first draft of the Lore entry, with some notes on how Ardan would fit into this, is below, but I have a question first: where is Ardan from? Earlier, I suggested Cappadocia, Beroea, and eastern Rakka, since they're all on Duat's southern coast and have a large Eastern Beorc population. Taking another look at the map, Media, Baetica, and northern Arwad also have those traits. Liguria, Thrace, and Zachlumia are all landlocked, but have large Eastern Beorc populations and are also close to Marad, which has mostly Eagle Laguz. Southeastern Plocs would be in the same boat as those three, but isn't as close to Marad. The reason I'm asking is that Plocs is in the Patriarchate of Vilna, Rakka in the Patriarchate of Corinth, and the others in the Patriarchate of Nauplia.

Spoiler: The Heroes’ Journey
Every year, people from all over Duat travel to Radom, the capital of Belzen, to follow the path the Three Heroes followed during the Bear King’s War. Most of the people who go on this long journey are clergy, and it is officially a pilgrimage, though some go on the journey for reasons other than faith. The journey itself is very long, covering more than 2,500 kilometers (around 1,500 miles) and lasting more than a year. Because of this, the church tends to rotate who goes on the pilgrimage each Patriarchate goes on the journey once every seven years. This year, 1052, Ardan's Patriarchate is to go on the journey.

A Patriarch is required to make the pilgrimage every seven years unless poor health or other complicating matters prevent it. All other bishops are expected to make the pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, and while most try to go on the pilgrimage every time their Patriarch does, they have the option of sending a subordinate priest in their stead if they are unable to go on the pilgrimage. This is how Ardan would likely get involved; his parish's bishop asked him to go, or Ardan went on the pilgrimage voluntarily.

To the Church, the journey is a symbol of unity; the three Heroes consisted of a Beorc, a Laguz, and a Marked. In addition, the coalition that they fought for had Beorc and Laguz nations within its ranks. While it is true that the coalition’s main enemy was a nation of Bear Laguz, many Bear Laguz actually fought against Agdy, and it is common for Bear Laguz to be part of the procession.

The priests in the procession often carry with them icons, banners, and other treasures from their respective parishes. Because of this, the procession is a common target for bandits. While higher-ranking members of the clergy are often skilled with magic, many prefer to hire mercenaries as additional protection, and while it is not required, the ruler of country typically has part of his or her retinue escort the procession as long as it is within the borders of said country.

The journey begins in Radom and then goes through Sandomir, Hicaz, Dulkadir, Trablus, Podlasia, Plocs, Calabria, Leucania, Posnan, Longobardia, Bucellaria, Hellas, and Paphlagonia. The journey ends in Smyrna, the capital of Paphlagonia.

Gettin' Old!

I was thinking a pilgrimage or similar trip would be a good reason for it. Sure that sound like a decent plan.

As for where he's from, I don't really know how any of those places differentiate from one another so I figured it's all simply just a name rather than any meaningful location.

Media sounds nice enough and easy to remember, he can be from there.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Media it is, then. I'll just make a quick note of that and make the appropriate changes to the Lore entry. The other players can easily get involved by volunteering to participate in the pilgrimage themselves or escort the pilgrims. Ultimately, it's up to them, but it looks like we're pretty close to having a way to start the RP's story.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Media it is, then. I'll just make a quick note of that and make the appropriate changes to the Lore entry. The other players can easily get involved by volunteering to participate in the pilgrimage themselves or escort the pilgrims. Ultimately, it's up to them, but it looks like we're pretty close to having a way to start the RP's story.

Sure though I'd hate to sidetrack the RP for my own plot, if you like Ardan could just be visiting a large monastery in Belzen so there's no huge commitment for it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Actually, it turns out the pilgrimage is a rather convenient way to get everyone involved in the story. I don't want to spoil too much, but unless the party decides otherwise, they'll probably be diverted from the pilgrimage before too long, and given the circumstances, Ardan would be able to do the same without it reflecting poorly on him.

The Real Human Being

Hmm, maybe a starving Crelarus is found by Arden's group and that's how he becomes attached?
Also, forgive me if this seems silly, but I'm going to have Crelarus' actions (regarding how closely he follows the leader's battleplan) completely influenced by his loyalty to the group.
If nobody treats him well, he'll behave erratically and won't be a "team player" (like he won't stick with the group or he'll refuse to attack a certain enemy.)

I'll be keeping track of a "loyalty meter" that's completely seperate from his relationship stats.
Depending on the current loyalty my character will say different things or attack differently, this will have no influence on how his stats or attacks behave only on his personality.

also the armor he wears is haunted and the spirit of a theif resides in it, the theif's/armor's name is Alphonse MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER Baalphose!

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Since Lucius is now basically a roaming swordsman spearsman, he can help out with escorting pilgrims during the pilgrimage. He distances himself from the women in the group.

Where are we going anyway? If Ardan's from Media does that mean everyone that's not Ardan is headed to Media? Whatever works is fine.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

In Justice We Trust

The procession is going to Paphlagonia. Ardan would head back to Media after the pilgrimage is over. Of course, this is assuming the party doesn't end up diverted from the pilgrimage at some point...

Just another day.

I don't see any issue with the pilgrimage for dorran...seems like it could work out my character could already in town taking on jobs to make some money and see the pilgrimage as both a good chance to move on and keep him and his dragon fed.

In Justice We Trust

Any objections, Pierre? The others don't appear to have any problems with my idea. And DoMaya, I'm fine with the idea of a loyalty meter, but please keep me up to date on where it is as the RP progresses (through PMs if you don't want anyone else to know).

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Any objections, Pierre? The others don't appear to have any problems with my idea. And DoMaya, I'm fine with the idea of a loyalty meter, but please keep me up to date on where it is as the RP progresses (through PMs if you don't want anyone else to know).

Oh no sorry I thought I'd said it was fine already though I imagine such a pilgrimage would get sidetracked inevitably by the plot but sure it's all fine.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Okay. I'm kind of juggling my forum time and something I'm doing with a friend over IM, so any final preparations will probably have to wait a few hours. Unless I'm mistaken, I just need to set the scene for the start of the RP now that we've agreed on how everyone's going to get to Belzen.

Just a final check: are there any questions or concerns--I don't care how trivial--that anyone would like addressed before we formally begin the RP?

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Since we have no female characters, how do we get married? Do we have NPCs?

In Justice We Trust

Ideally, this RP will attract additional users, and some such users will bring in female characters. Depending on whether it ends up just being the five of us or new people join, I might start allowing for additional PCs (I'm kind of worried I might break my own rules if a GMPC joins the party). The games usually have at least twenty chapters, so worrying about this kind of thing before even the Prologue has started strikes me as premature.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Thought as much. Here's hoping this'll attract people that aren't big FE fans.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Thought as much. Here's hoping this'll attract people that aren't big FE fans.

Hell the latest game has made a bunch of big Fire Emblem fans.

Besides Emiko is slowly falling into our clutches....
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

All right. I've asked Gerkuman to look over this thread in case there's something I've forgotten. While I wait for the final go-ahead, there are a couple of things I want addressed: the "death" system and the money and item system. Assuming no one objects, this is what we will have once the RP starts.

"Death": If you run out of HP, you are wounded and unable to fight for the rest of that battle. Your stats (including Max HP) will be reduced by 75% in the next battle. For each battle you sit out, you will recover 25% of your original stats. If you participate in a battle despite being wounded, you’ll only recover 5% of your original stats as opposed to 25%.

Money and Items: Money and items are collective, meaning that any money you had left over when creating your character is added to the party's overall funds. Any items that aren't on a character's person will be stored and can be accessed by anyone. The same holds true for money. I will leave it up to the players to decide how to manage the money and items that they share.

In Justice We Trust

I've updated the main post with information on your characters and their stats. I've corrected some spelling and grammatical errors (though I know I haven't caught all of them) and provided data on stats, skills, and so on. If there's anything I've neglected to include in your character's information sheet, please tell me. Blak, your character's age was calculated based on what you mentioned in his backstory. Pierre, please excuse Microsoft Word's ignorance of British spelling rules. I've also thrown in lore entries on Light Magic, Anima Magic, and Dark Magic. I couldn't really think of much to say about Light Magic, in case you couldn't tell from its relatively short entry.

Gerkuman has given me the go-ahead to begin the RP. In case there are any last-minute changes you want to make, I am holding off on starting it until June 1.

Also, in response to a request by DoMaya, I've decided to allow reclassing, but only on certain conditions. If you decide to reclass, either by reaching Level 21 or using a Master Seal or Master Crown, you can reclass to any class in your current tier and unit group. For example, a Champion may reclass to a Cavalier, but not a Swordmaster. When you reclass, you lose all of the levels you gained in your most recent class, including all stat gains that came with them. You will revert to the stats you had before promoting to your current tier, plus the new class's relevant promotion bonuses. Also, any skills you gained in your most recent class will be lost.

Gettin' Old!

I'm not really sure that works, why deprive them of all stats they gained? Presumably the enemies will rise in difficulty and this ain't no simple game we aren't going to go back to a previous area and spam reeking boxes to grind. It would just leave them handicapped in any fight they enter.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

How does this alternative sound?

If you decide to reclass, all of the aforementioned happens, but you also gain however many levels you had in your previous class, with the stat gains for the new levels connected to the new class's growth rates. Going back to the Champion example, if a Level 10 Champion reclasses to a Cavalier, he/she loses his/her Champion levels and gains ten Cavalier levels with the associated stat gains being based on the Cavalier's growth rates.

Originally, the reversion was to avoid making reclassing into a game breaker, but I concede that I went too far in that effort.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:

If you decide to reclass, all of the aforementioned happens, but you also gain however many levels you had in your previous class, with the stat gains for the new levels connected to the new class's growth rates. Going back to the Champion example, if a Level 10 Champion reclasses to a Cavalier, he/she loses his/her Champion levels and gains ten Cavalier levels with the associated stat gains being based on the Cavalier's growth rates.

Originally, the reversion was to avoid making reclassing into a game breaker, but I concede that I went too far in that effort.

I dunno man now I still don't really see why we even need reclassing, I'd like to know DoMaya's arguments for why we really need it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Real Human Being

Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

I dunno man now I still don't really see why we even need reclassing, I'd like to know DoMaya's arguments for why we really need it.

I just wanted Crelarus to be able to change his final class, In the event his "loyalty" was high he would become a swordmaster, but if it was low by the time he reached max level, his upgrade would be "corrupted" and he would instead become an assassin. He didn't like the idea of him having a major change like that, so he suggested that it be like starting fresh, no exp from your last job at all.

Gettin' Old!

DoMaya wrote:
Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

I just wanted Crelarus to be able to change his final class, In the event his "loyalty" was high he would become a swordmaster, but if it was low by the time he reached max level, his upgrade would be "corrupted" and he would instead become an assassin. He didn't like the idea of him having a major change like that, so he suggested that it be like starting fresh, no exp from your last job at all.

Well the upgrade system for Myrmidons (or whatever equivalent worked in) is normally swordmaster or assassin. Why do we need reclassing or anything like that anyway? It's just a normal class change determined by loyalty.

Hit 20 and go Assassin or Swordmaster it seems normal to me without adding another system.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Pierre, please take a look at the promotions available to Myrmidons in this RP. You'll notice that a Myrmidon can promote to either a Spy or a Swordmaster. I might be able to move Assassin over to where the Spy class is and replace the current Assassin spot with something else, but that presents the problem of what to make it. There are some ideas that come to mind, but I'd need time to address such things as growth rates, equipment, Occult skill, and so on.

And DoMaya, my reason for these proposed restrictions is that if you retained your stats from the levels you took in your previous class, it would give you an unfair boost to your stats that those who didn't reclass would be denied.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Pierre, please take a look at the promotions available to Myrmidons in this RP. You'll notice that a Myrmidon can promote to either a Spy or a Swordmaster. I might be able to move Assassin over to where the Spy class is and replace the current Assassin spot with something else, but that presents the problem of what to make it. There are some ideas that come to mind, but I'd need time to address such things as growth rates, equipment, Occult skill, and so on.

And DoMaya, my reason for these proposed restrictions is that if you retained your stats from the levels you took in your previous class, it would give you an unfair boost to your stats that those who didn't reclass would be denied.

Sorry I was running off of game-memory rather than the rules here I guess.
Spy seems like a weird promotion what games were spies in? :yuusaku:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

It was more so something I threw in to fill up the spot between Swordmaster and Assassin. I took the Disguise skill from Xane's unique ability.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I'd be fine with the reclassing system where you lose your original levels/stat growth and the new class's stat growth replacing it. It's not game breaking, and it doesn't cripple your character.

In Justice We Trust

Well, it is now June 1 (and in a good chunk of the world, it's already June 2). Because Cold52 has not given his input on the reclassing system, it has been rejected. However... DoMaya, I have decided to get rid of the Spy class, move the Assassin class over to the Spy class's slot, and create a new class to occupy the slot previously occupied by the Assassin class. Myrmidons can now promote into Assassins.

Edit: And we're open for business!
Page 2 of 32 [ 1278 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads