Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads

Page 31 of 32[ 1278 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Re: Fire Emblem: The Heroes' LegacyTopic%20Title

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Don't worry I got this. Leave these chumps to me!
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

In Justice We Trust

Would you still prefer for Jade to move all the way up, Lida?

Also, I'd like everyone's input on a part of Anthony's proposed character. He would like his character, also named Anthony, to have a noncombatant wyvern companion named Drago. The wyvern in question was found injured by Anthony and nursed back to health. He hasn't specified how long ago Drago was found, but it's probably safe to assume that he's grown since then unless it was really recent. I feel this is borderline Mary Sue territory, but it's deep enough in the grey area that I'd like to hear from the rest of you.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I'd have to agree with you on that. The guy fights bandits with his bare hands, picks up a sword and magically knows how to use it efficiently, and nurses a baby wyvern back to health. Too OP already.

Stay Safe.

Blak The Great wrote:
I'd have to agree with you on that. The guy fights bandits with his bare hands, picks up a sword and magically knows how to use it efficiently, and nurses a baby wyvern back to health. Too OP already.

aaaaannnd quoted...you know...for the truth. >_>

You’re so small in such a big world...

Yeah. Move Jade all the way up!

Also, I agree with Blak.

Even if you ignore all else and just focus on the baby wyvern and nursing it back to health, there is still one major problem.

Spoiler: Problem
Where are the wyvern's parents, particularly his mother? She wouldn't just let some human try taking care of her baby, even if it is injured. Mothers are very protective in the animal kingdom. How did a baby wyvern even end up getting caught in the crossfire between Anthony and the bandits, anyway? Wouldn't the mom protect it from harm? Unless both parents are dead, but in that case, the baby wouldn't survive very long without them...and then it raises the question of why and how did they die while the infant lived...

It's just a little much, in my opinion.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Stay Safe.

Lida_Rose wrote:
Spoiler: Problem
Where are the wyvern's parents, particularly his mother? She wouldn't just let some human try taking care of her baby, even if it is injured. Mothers are very protective in the animal kingdom. How did a baby wyvern even end up getting caught in the crossfire between Anthony and the bandits, anyway? Wouldn't the mom protect it from harm? Unless both parents are dead, but in that case, the baby wouldn't survive very long without them...and then it raises the question of why and how did they die while the infant lived...

also in addition that in the description it says the wyvern hides during battle...from how its sounds hes also managed to trained the thing to flee during combat...if its young how'd he manage to train the thing so easy if its old where in the heck would it be hiding...and why?

In Justice We Trust

No wyvern for Anthony, then. Also, I've been discussing Anthony's character as a whole with him through private messages. We've already agreed to decrease the amount of bandits in the backstory to just one. Further changes might also be implemented, assuming Anthony isn't rejected outright.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Alright I made two applications. Tell me your thoughts if something needs to be changed please post it as a SPoiler entited "change"
Spoiler: 1st entry
Name: Anthony

Race: Western Beorc

Sex: Male.

Class: Swordsfighter.

Weapon Experience: D.

Growth Type: Random.

Equipment: Iron Sword and Herb (900 Gold left)

Appearance: Brown spikey hair, brown eyes, average built body, pale skin color. He wears a red armor with a dragon look to it. He appears to bear numerous of scar on his body. His appearance is that of an 18 year old boy but his actual age is 62 years old.

Personality: He has a short-fused, but he can be very friendly at other people as long as they don't piss him off.

Background: Anthony was born from a Western Beorc Father and Western Beorc Mother, and lived a life filled with happiness and carefree, his father knew how to use a sword and at the age of 10, he asked his dad to teach him how to use a sword, his dad gave him a wooden sword to use as practice and he learned everything his dad had to teach him and when the teaching was over and done with his dad gave him a sword at the age of 15, but then bad things happened, at the age of 16 the village was attacked by a group of bandits. The bandits began to raid the village and attacked every villager including his parents, he saw the village he lived on fire he had a real sword on him at the time, he was at the forest collecting firewood he had his sword just in case any wild animal or any thing or any body would attack him, he ran to his home where he saw his parents, lying there, soaked in blood, he knew the bandits could't had left since his parent's bodies was still warm he knew his parents put up a fight due to his dad's sword was in his hand before he died. He took his father's sword and put it in it's sheath and carried it. He went outside with his sword drawn out looking for the bandits. He found the bandits, his blood boiled, his grip tightened with the sword he charged without thinking of a strategy and attacked the bandits. He fought hard and reckless but managed to kill the bandits but there was no sign on the bandit leader. He looked for the leader but was attacked from behind by the leader, the leader slashes Anthony leaving cuts all over his body and left him to die. The village in fire caught eyes of a random traveler, seeing Anthony's body he checked if he was alive, Anthony let out a sound, it was weak but he was still alive, the random traveler who knew first-aid and tended to to Anthony's wound. Anthony woke up only a few days later, he noticed he was wrapped up in bandages, he looked to see a traveler who was tending to those that survived the bandit's raid but he didn't noticed his parents, he asked the traveler about his parents, the traveler told him his parents died, devastated Anthony was. He made graves for those that died, including his parents. The villagers and Anthony mourned for the losses. In time the village was rebuilt, Anthony lived where he used to live with his Parents and noticed that there was a basement where his parent's bodies lied. He went downstairs and found out that there was something covered with a note attached to it, it was from his dad. He pulled down the cloak that was covering whatever it was, it was a red dragon armor. His dad made this armor for Anthony to wear one day from what was written on the note. His battles with the bandits left the scars he has around his body. And he trained with the sword he had in hand to become a warrior but in time the sword he had broke and was in poor shape to begin with so he had to pay with his own money to buy a better sword. As for the armor his dad crafted for him, he wears it to this very day.

Additional Information: His Dad was skilled in crafting swords and armors, he made a living out of crafting, his mother was a every-day housewife. His dad was the one who crafted the armor and the sword Anthony used when he learned everything he could from his dad.

Spoiler: 2nd Entry
Name: Anthony

Race: Western Beorc

Sex: Male.

Class: Swordsfighter.

Weapon Experience: D.

Growth Type: Random.

Equipment: Iron Sword and Herb (900 Gold left)

Appearance: Brown spikey hair, brown eyes, average built body, pale skin color. He wears a red armor with a dragon look to it. He appears to bear numerous of scar on his body.

Personality: He has a short-fused, but he can be very friendly at other people as long as they don't piss him off.

Background: Anthony was born from a Western Beorc Father and Western Beorc Mother, and lived a life filled with happiness and carefree, his father knew how to use a sword and at the age of 10, he asked his dad to teach him how to use a sword, his dad gave him a wooden sword to use as practice and he learned everything his dad had to teach him and when the teaching was over and done with his dad gave him a sword at the age of 15, when he turned 18 his dad gave him a red dragon armor. His dad made this armor for Anthony to wear. He received scar on his body when he started to spar with his dad at age 16. When he became 20 years old he started to be a mercenary freelancer. He took a few jobs here and there and came back with money. Most went for repairs for his sword and armor. Whatever was left of the money, goes to the family and villagers. He has been doing this mercenary freelancer for 3 years.

Additional Information: His Dad was skilled in crafting swords and armors, he made a living out of crafting, his mother was a every-day housewife. His dad was the one who crafted the armor and the sword Anthony used when he learned everything he could from his dad.

The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Last edited by Anthony on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

In Justice We Trust

Spoiler: Regarding Anthony
Just a quick correction, Anthony: unless you intend to suggest your character asked his father to teach him how to use a sword when he still had the appearance, metabolism, and strength of a toddler, and that he became a mercenary when he barely looked five years old, you're getting his physical age confused with his actual age. Considering the rate at which he ages, it would probably make more sense for him to ask for lessons around the age of thirty (looks around eight or nine), get a real sword at fifty (looks around fourteen or fifteen), and get his armor at sixty (looks seventeen or eighteen). If you think the age issue is going to continue confusing you, I suggest just having him be a pure-blooded Beorc rather than a Marked--let alone one who's half-Dragon. There's also the fact that, as things stand, his father would probably be in his eighties (rare, but not unheard of in medieval times) by the time Anthony got his armor.

Also, as I pointed out in our private discussion, the description you gave for his personality is contradictory. Someone with a short temper is unlikely to ever be described by other people as calm.

On the topic of the battle, Jade does not spot anyone. Cold, it is now your turn unless you want Pierre to move first.

Spoiler: map

Spoiler: Dorran's range

Spoiler: enemy data

Stay Safe.

move 4 to the left and attack him (hope he dies) ill wait and see what happens before i decide where i should move my guy

In Justice We Trust

Dorran's attack misses. Both of the Swordfighter's counterattacks hit, neither one doing any damage. Dorran gets 1 EXP for trying.

Stay Safe.

General Luigi wrote:
Dorran's attack misses. Both of the Swordfighter's counterattacks hit, neither one doing any damage. Dorran gets 1 EXP for trying.

(see my profile picture for my expression)well then move one over 2 up to block off that way from the boss (im assuming he can move 6 spaces in which case he'd be in range to attack ardan.)

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

That's what you get for trying to steal my kill yo!

In Justice We Trust

She, not he. Both the boss and the Swordfighter who just taught Dorran the weapon triangle are women. Regardless, good move; the boss would indeed have been able to hit Ardan had Dorran not flown in front of her.

Pierre, it's now your turn. Crelarus has 11/19 HP.

Spoiler: Ardan's range

Stay Safe.

General Luigi wrote:
She, not he.

ahh forgot to check that D:
General Luigi wrote:
Both the boss and the Swordfighter who just taught Dorran the weapon triangle are women.

to be fair i knew about the weapon triangle...but a guy can still hope to get a hit in...a guy can hope. D:

In Justice We Trust

I know. I was just referencing an earlier post Blak made. Then again, the number the RNG spat out would have given Dorran a hit (and through it, a kill) if his weapon had had the advantage, so there is something to be said for using an advantageous weapon.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Well just eidted both 1 and 2 by removing marked and replacing it with Western Beorc and edited personality.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

Hey considering the risks of being a healer on the frontlines I think seeing the enemies' attack range is more important than mine in this situation.

Also Anthony if you wanted a Wyvern why not just go a Wyvern rider? Those guys are awesome.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Chocolateholic of CR

They don't use Swords and I like swords.

Anthony wrote:
They don't use Swords and I like swords.

Huh is there no wyvern class that uses swords? I swear I remember one from the games...
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Wyvern Lords. I think?

In Justice We Trust

Wyvern Lords (a promoted class) could use them in the GBA games.

Pierre, here's the enemy's range. At present, the enemy can only see people on the dark blue and dark red tiles.

Spoiler: Swordfighter's range

Spoiler: Siris's range

Uhuh...tell me General, what mechanics are you using to determine targeting?

If Bandit 4 goes for Crelarus, then Siris can swing in and stab me up good.
If he goes for Lucien I can safely move in and fix up Crelarus.

Also what's the pre-battle estimate on Siris' javelin versus me.

Also since it's technically a roleplay I don't plan on letting you get off on your GM duties that easily.

GIVE ME A DESCRIPTION OF THE BOSS!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Targeting? You mean what determines who will be targeted? My usual policy is for the enemy to attack whoever is within sight and range--priority goes first to enemies who can't counterattack, then to enemies with low Defense, then to enemies with low attack power. Since staff-users can counterattack in this RP, the first condition is ignored. Ardan has lower Defense than Crelarus unless he goes into the foliage, in which case he'll have the same Defense. Ardan's attack power is lower than Crelarus's, however, so even if the foliage option is chosen, any enemy that can see and hit both Ardan and Crelarus will go for Ardan. That said, unless Ardan stands between Lucius and Crelarus, the enemy won't see him at the start of their turn, meaning only one enemy will have a chance to attack him in the first place. This also means Crelarus is currently the first-priority target for both enemies. Ardan becomes the first-priority target once the enemy can see him, though.

There are a number of possible variations on what happens if Ardan is attacked by the Swordfighter, but her attack power is so low that he wouldn't be in any immediate danger. At the worst, he'd take 4 points of damage from her attack. The real threat is Siris, who has a base attack power of 16 (i. e. 16 damage if the target has 0 Defense) with either of her weapons AND a chance of a critical hit. With his current HP total, Crelarus will go down in one hit from that attack if it connects (his Luck is high enough to negate Siris's ability to get a critical, though). I can safely say that Crelarus will survive the enemy's turn if he is healed.

Here are the many possible ways a fight between Ardan and Siris can turn out. Technically, Ardan can counterattack, but his attack power is so low that he wouldn't do any damage even if he hit, which he probably would. As such, I've gone ahead and just treated each scenario as though Ardan can't counterattack. There are also technically other possible scenarios, but due to the mechanics I'm using for how the enemies operate, said scenarios will not happen.

Scenario Group 1: Ardan stands between Crelarus and Lucius. In this scenario, the Swordfighter will attack Ardan whether she moves first or second. She can do 4 points of damage at the most--and Ardan's counterattack can actually do some damage, but since you said Ardan swore to never harm another person, I'm giving you the option of having him not counterattack if you would prefer.

Spoiler: Siris attacks with her Iron Lance and isn't next to the Swordfighter

Considering the higher accuracy of this weapon, this is the likeliest scenario.

Spoiler: Siris attacks with her Javelin and isn't next to the Swordfighter

I don't think she would do this, given the other options available to her, but there you go.

Spoiler: Siris attacks with her Javelin and is next to the Swordfighter

This scenario hinges on the Swordfighter being either below or above Ardan. Again, Siris probably won't use the Javelin if she can use the Iron Lance instead.

Scenario Group 2: Ardan stands in the foliage. These are only possible if the Swordfighter moves first and survives her fight with Crelarus.

Considering the higher accuracy of the Iron Lance, she will only use the Javelin if she can't attack Ardan directly.

Spoiler: Siris attacks with her Iron Lance and is next to the Swordfighter

This is only possible if the Swordfighter is between Crelarus and Lucius.

Spoiler: Siris attacks with her Javelin and isn't next to the Swordfighter

Scenario Group 3: Ardan stands above Crelarus or to his left. As with Group 2, these are only possible if the Swordfighter moves first and survives her fight with Crelarus.

Since she can hit any spot next to Crelarus with her Iron Lance and can't have those spots blocked, there's no reason for her to use her Javelin here.

Spoiler: Siris attacks with her Iron Lance and is next to the Swordfighter

This scenario hinges on the Swordfighter being positioned at a diagonal from Ardan.

Also, when you say "description," I presume you mean a physical description and that kind of stuff?

The Chocolateholic of CR

General Luigi wrote:
Wyvern Lords (a promoted class) could use them in the GBA games.

Yeah but I didnt see them in the class list and I wouldn't feel right using a class that is not on the list.

Precisely, a physical description of our foe. Combined with some personality if you like (after all even throwaway scenario villains muttered occassional complaints to themselves).

Still Scenario 2 is looking likely, there's no way I can heal Crelarus and stay completely safe but if I don't he's probably dead. Considering my options I suppose I'll take Scenario 2 and move 2 west into the foliage and heal Crelarus.

Also seriously? I can hit people with my staff offensively?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Only as a counterattack. That mechanic was introduced in Radiant Dawn, but I haven't seen it in any other games.

As for describing Siris, she is a fairly muscular woman who appears to be in her late thirties. Her hair is light grey, about neck-length (think Miriel), and rather greasy and messy. Most of her skin is concealed by her armor and clothes, though a bit of her neck and face can be seen. She has pale skin. Given the distance between her and her enemies, it's pretty much impossible to tell what color her eyes are. She is wearing a faded brown brigandine over her torso and also has a bronze helmet protecting most of her head. She's also wearing a faded brown shirt and pants. As far as personality is concerned, she appears quite angry. The party will be able to learn a bit more about her mindset (and possibly her background, depending on how long she lives) once we reach the fight with her in the narrative thread.

You mighta missed my action.

I'll move 2 west into the foliage and heal Crelarus.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Right. Crelarus is healed to 19/19 HP. Ardan gets 11 EXP. Now it's the enemy's turn. Siris moves first and attacks Crelarus. Her attack hits, doing 12 points of damage and leaving Crelarus with 7/19 HP. Crelarus's counterattack also hits, doing 3 points of damage and leaving Siris with 15/18 HP. Crelarus gets 12 EXP from the fight and levels up. His maximum HP, Str, and Lck all go up by 1 point. His new stats are in the spoiler box below. The Swordfighter goes into the foliage and attacks Ardan. Her attack misses. Pierre, it's up to you whether you want Ardan to counterattack. I have yet to ask the RNG whether the counterattack hits.

Spoiler: Crelarus's new stats

Pffft Counterattacking as a priest is dumb.

Ardan deftly stepped aside the clumsy blow of the bandit who cursed aloud in frustration. Smiling to himself Ardan took a moment to reflect Well my sword might be gone but nice to see I still have the footwork he thought to himself. Glancing at Crelarus above him he frowned as he spotted some blood dropping to the ground from his ally. Another loud curse drew Ardan's attention back to the bandit as he readied for a second assault.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

No counterattack, then. Pierre gets 1 EXP. Dorran's torch fades slightly and Jade's transform gauge falls to 13/30. DoMaya, unless you want someone else to move first, it's now your turn. Crelarus has 7/20 HP, so I wouldn't recommend attacking Siris.

Spoiler: Crelarus's range

Alternatively I could go first and heal you so you could fight the boss. Course at this point we need to be careful since if anyone's weak the boss and her minion will just kill them.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Father

Ha, I had made a post on this in another tab but never pressed submit.

Sorry bout that.

I'd rather be healed before doing anything.

In Justice We Trust

Very well. Pierre, would you like to have Ardan move immediately, or should someone else (other than Crelarus) move first?

Unless someone else wants to try and have a shot at the boss in advance I'll give them a chance to interject (in case their injuries become more severe).

I'll move in 24 hours if it comes to it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Stay Safe.

Pierre wrote:
Unless someone else wants to try and have a shot at the boss in advance I'll give them a chance to interject (in case their injuries become more severe).

I'll move in 24 hours if it comes to it.

can i see some battle results if i were to attack the boss...just wanna see if it would be wise for me to attack um or not...dont wanna have to take the heal from ardan and get crelarius killed as a result.

In Justice We Trust

Spoiler: Combat information

He'll probably take some damage, but Dorran will survive this turn unless Siris gets a critical hit on her counterattack, attacks Dorran during her turn, and gets another critical hit--possible, but extremely unlikely, considering that there's a nice, squishy Priest also within range.

Stay Safe.

General Luigi wrote:
Spoiler: Combat information

He'll probably take some damage, but Dorran will survive this turn unless Siris gets a critical hit on her counterattack, attacks Dorran during her turn, and gets another critical hit--possible, but extremely unlikely, considering that there's a nice, squishy Priest also within range.

hmm...well we dont want the priest to be taking the hits so...i think ill wait till ardan heals up crelarus before i take my turn to grab ardan to prevent him from taking attacks.

In Justice We Trust

Noted. Unless Blak or Lida would like to intervene, then, Ardan will be the first to move.

Hold up there Dorran, I'm not sure I like being picked up against my will.

I think it was established I can survive one hit from either the boss or the minion so as long as we kill one of them this turn (and I think the second Jade does anything one of them is toast). If things do go south because you picked me up and dropped me it'd be two turns without healing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 31 of 32 [ 1278 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads