Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 8 of 29[ 1153 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

The Reaper ~

Voodoo Lady wrote:
Oh yeah-- do we see Gaspen outside of the prosecutor's bench?

Spoiler:
Nope xD

Godot's the Man

Bad Player wrote:
Moni_22 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Really? I think they are much more connected.

Spoiler: Cases
Like case 1 is the continuation of first part of case 4, who is directly followed by case 5. Also in both case 1 and 3 the suspect is Juniper, in case 3 we learn more about her and Athena. Case 2 is the only one who isn't really connected, though we meet Simon and Fulbright there, so it's important.

Spoiler: My reasoning
If we think of 5-4 and 5-5 as the same case...

4-1 and 4-4 are intimately connected, just like 5-1 and 5-4.
4-3 is thematically connected with the "lack of decisive evidence" and lets us learn more about important stuff for the overarching plot (Gramaryes), 5-3 is thematically connected with the "dark times of the law" and lets us learn about important stuff for the overarching plot (Athena's past)
4-2 isn't really connected, but introduces your assistant, prosecutor, and detective; 5-2 isn't really connected, but introduces your assistant, prosecutor, and detective.

Spoiler: GS4 spoilers, minor 5-4 spoilers
Most of the things you both mentioned here are connections, merely because one case follows another, like how one case is the part with the bombing, Juniper is in there twice, etc. Im looking for plot connections, like how Shady Smith turns out to be zak gramarye, and how we get an explanation for why Kristoph kills him, etc in the last case. Is there anything like that here. From what I can see 2 and 3 arent really related to the overall plot, besides the theme of Dark Days of Law in case 3. How about cases 1, 4 and 5? Are they closely connected? like do we have a better understanding of case 1 after case 5? Or a better understanding of case 4 after 5? For example, are there any mysteries from case 1 that we dont figure out untill later in the game. The only thing I can think of is Simons crime, though that comes up in case 2 (I dont know what it is I just know its addressed). I really enjoyed the way the plot connected in GK and GK2 (didnt play GK2, just read the plot and loved it), and I just want some semblance of that in GS5.

Please be vague though Im really trying to stay spoiler free as to the plot details themselves.

1000% Knight

GyakutenGodot wrote:
Spoiler: GS4 spoilers, minor 5-4 spoilers
Most of the things you both mentioned here are connections, merely because one case follows another, like how one case is the part with the bombing, Juniper is in there twice, etc. Im looking for plot connections, like how Shady Smith turns out to be zak gramarye, and how we get an explanation for why Kristoph kills him, etc in the last case. Is there anything like that here. From what I can see 2 and 3 arent really related to the overall plot, besides the theme of Dark Days of Law in case 3. How about cases 1, 4 and 5? Are they closely connected? like do we have a better understanding of case 1 after case 5? Or a better understanding of case 4 after 5? For example, are there any mysteries from case 1 that we dont figure out untill later in the game. The only thing I can think of is Simons crime, though that comes up in case 2 (I dont know what it is I just know its addressed). I really enjoyed the way the plot connected in GK and GK2 (didnt play GK2, just read the plot and loved it), and I just want some semblance of that in GS5.

Please be vague though Im really trying to stay spoiler free as to the plot details themselves.

Spoiler:
Yes, cases 1, 4, and 5 are very connected with each other.

GS5 is not nearly as connected as GK2, though. I'd say it's not even as connected as AAI. (Like I said before, I'd say AJ-level.)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

You want STARS? I'll give you STARS!

Spoiler: Credits Spoiler
IIRC, in the credits, you see Simon at Wright's office. Why exactly was he there?

ImageImage

Spoiler:
I saw an anime cut scene on twitch which showed a concert thing with a girl/woman resembling Lamoir/Trucy and Apollo's mum. I haven't seen the playthrough. Is that her? And does she play a major role in the case? Thanks.

I wish I WERE the best.

mujie wrote:
Spoiler:
I saw an anime cut scene on twitch which showed a concert thing with a girl/woman resembling Lamoir/Trucy and Apollo's mum. I haven't seen the playthrough. Is that her? And does she play a major role in the case? Thanks.

Spoiler:
That's Juniper Woods, the defendant for the third case.

AnsweringNOW wrote:
mujie wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
That's Juniper Woods, the defendant for the third case.

Spoiler:
Thanks. I thought she looked a bit young. Just that her cloak was eerily similar to Lamoir's. But thanks.

元・超会社員級の管理人

FreeFurNawlz wrote:
IIRC, in the credits, you see Simon at Wright's office. Why exactly was he there?

Spoiler: Credits, 5-5
He's looking for someone to defend Kaguya in court, given she'd just held a crowd of people hostage.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Art Person

Spoiler: Whole game spoilers
Apparently the real Bobby Fulbright is actually dead, and the one in Case 5 is a 'Foolbright'. Is the detective in every case Foolbright? or do you meet the real one, and he is killed and replaced during the game's events?

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

SuperAj3 wrote:
Apparently the real Bobby Fulbright is actually dead, and the one in Case 5 is a 'Foolbright'. Is the detective in every case Foolbright? or do you meet the real one, and he is killed and replaced during the game's events?

Spoiler: Case 5 spoiler
From what I've heard, the real Fulbright died one year before the beginning of the game. You only meet "Foolbright".

I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

The Reaper ~

Bolt Storm wrote:
FreeFurNawlz wrote:

He's looking for someone to defend Kaguya in court, given she'd just held a crowd of people hostage.

Aww, that's cute xD

SuperAj3 wrote:

Spoiler:
Apparently he was the fake one the whole game.

Moni_22 wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
FreeFurNawlz wrote:

Aww, that's cute xD

SuperAj3 wrote:

Spoiler:
Apparently he was the fake one the whole game.

Spoiler:
Was it ever stated if the body for the real Fulbright was ever found?

ImageImage

1000% Knight

Spoiler: endgame
Yes, they've had the read Fulbright's corpse for a year, since he was murdered. They just weren't able to identify it until they realized/discovered Foolbright.

Art Person

SweetieBot wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5 spoiler
From what I've heard, the real Fulbright died one year before the beginning of the game. You only meet "Foolbright".

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler: endgame
Yes, they've had the read Fulbright's corpse for a year, since he was murdered. They just weren't able to identify it until they realized/discovered Foolbright.

I see, thanks for the answer! (I've started a trend! :redd: )

Does Pearl still call Phoenix (the Japanese equivalent of) Mr. Nick?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thane wrote:
Does Pearl still call Phoenix (the Japanese equivalent of) Mr. Nick?

It's the same as how Maya refers to him in Japanese, Naruhodo-kun. The localization added in the "Mr." to make Pearl sound cuter, so I suppose they'll be keeping it in. She mainly acts about the same, aside from a few quirks similar to Maya, anyhow.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Godot's the Man

Is the Final Boss, assuming there is one, related to some of the other cases, or just the final case? Please be vague, I dont want to know who it is, or any plot details.
Thanks!

Without spoiling any details about the rest of the game, can you tell me more about the "deduction quiz" (or at least the parts that have already been released)? Is it true that it requires an extensive knowledge of Japanese culture to complete? What types of questions are asked on the quiz? Also, feel free to spoil anything about the deduction quiz that has no relation to the other parts of the game, as I don't think I'll ever actually be playing it.

I don't think these are really spoilers, but I'll put them in spoiler tags just to be safe.

Spoiler:
Does Trucy meet Pearl and Edgeworth?

Does Pearl still fantasize Phoenix and Maya being "special someones"?

Do Trucy and Phoenix ever interact in the game (from Phoenix's POV). If yes, do they share the father-daughter bond like always?

Thanks to whoever answers these!^^

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

The first two cases in this game seem to be mirrors of the first two cases from the first game. Does this trend continue in cases 3-5?
Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.

Here's a music-related question - not sure if it needs to be spoliered or not, so I've played it safe just in case:

Spoiler: Music-related question
I know most of the music for this game is all-new, with any recurring themes for events/characters having been redone from scratch for this game, such as the 'Suspense' theme, Apollo's/Phoenix's "Objection" themes, Trucy's theme etc..

However, I've heard that at least a couple of the musical themes are just reused as-is from previous games - specifically, the ones I've heard of are:

- Klavier's Theme
- Perceive Theme

Just wondering if anyone can tell me, are any other returning themes just a straight re-use from previous games rather than a re-arrangement? = ) Many thanks to whoever can provide the answer.

1000% Knight

I think those are the only 2.

u r not my byrd

How old is Pearl in this game? I would assume around Maya's age from GS1/2/3.

Spoiler: GS5 Feature Spoiler
How many Black Psyche locks appear? I know of one character who has them, but how many else are there?

Also, I remember a picture floating around before the release of Dual Destinies with Simon's Hawk attacking Phoenix. I know that it'll attack Apollo if he tries to use the Perceive ability, but why does it attack Phoenix?
Spoiler: Image from above

And how many times is the Perceive ability used in this game?

The Reaper ~

GyakutenGodot wrote:
Is the Final Boss, assuming there is one, related to some of the other cases, or just the final case? Please be vague, I dont want to know who it is, or any plot details.
Thanks!

Spoiler:
I think (s)he is, yes.

Athena_Cykes wrote:
I don't think these are really spoilers, but I'll put them in spoiler tags just to be safe.

Spoiler:
Does Trucy meet Pearl and Edgeworth?

Does Pearl still fantasize Phoenix and Maya being "special someones"?

Do Trucy and Phoenix ever interact in the game (from Phoenix's POV). If yes, do they share the father-daughter bond like always?

Thanks to whoever answers these!^^

Spoiler:
She meet Pearl at least, but they don't have a proper conversation. She sees Miles in a cutscene they appear all together, but nothing important.

Mmm... I think she doesn't say any of that.

Yes, they interact and act like father and daughter, it's really funny xD

ATeaAtLaw wrote:

How many Black Psyche locks appear? I know of one character who has them, but how many else are there?

Also, I remember a picture floating around before the release of Dual Destinies with Simon's Hawk attacking Phoenix. I know that it'll attack Apollo if he tries to use the Perceive ability, but why does it attack Phoenix?

Spoiler: Pearl's age
I'm not sure but she must be 17.

Spoiler: Case 5
There are 5 of them, just like in AJ.

I think no reason in special, Taka likes to attack people if he doesn't like them xD

ATeaAtLaw wrote:

Yep, she's 17.

Spoiler:
I assume you mean how many people have black psyche-locks. Only one.

Because Nick interrupts Simon's explanation. Taka no like chatterboxes.

And there are four characters Apollo perceives, all of which are outside the courtrooms. The fifth one is done during a trial.

Voodoo Lady wrote:
The first two cases in this game seem to be mirrors of the first two cases from the first game. Does this trend continue in cases 3-5?

No, but the flow of the storytelling does somewhat remind me of AAI.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I wish I WERE the best.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
ATeaAtLaw wrote:

Yep, she's 17.

Spoiler:
I assume you mean how many people have black psyche-locks. Only one.

Because Nick interrupts Simon's explanation. Taka no like chatterboxes.

And there are three characters Apollo perceives, all of which are outside the courtrooms.

Spoiler: Case 5 spoilers
I thought there were four characters who get perceived: Jinxie, Deemon, Scuttlebutt, and Juniper.

And there's one other character who gets perceived but you should know who, if you finished the last case. And in court, nonetheless.

Anyway, here's a question.

Spoiler: Case 2 spoilers
Why did Biyouin need the gold in the first place?

Oh look, a ladder!

AnsweringNOW wrote:
*Information about perceiving*

So is the perceive mechanic literally the same as it was in AJ? Or are there tweaks to it?

I'd assume it's the same, nothing really to add to it.
*Insert witty signature here*

Cobblestone wrote:
Without spoiling any details about the rest of the game, can you tell me more about the "deduction quiz" (or at least the parts that have already been released)? Is it true that it requires an extensive knowledge of Japanese culture to complete? What types of questions are asked on the quiz? Also, feel free to spoil anything about the deduction quiz that has no relation to the other parts of the game, as I don't think I'll ever actually be playing it.

The Turnabout Deduction Quiz corner is a collection of quizzes with no relation to the game whatsoever. The first part is unlocked after completing the first case, while the rest are added by DLC for a small fee each. The second part is available now, for those interested.

In the first part, Apollo and Trucy are taking a break from cases when they find themselves locked in the office. They receive a call from a stranger who calls him/herself the "Quiz Master" (well, Quiz-kun) and refuses to let them out until they find and solve all five of his quizzes, found on cards scattered in the office.

The second part features Phoenix and Pearl investigating the Quiz Master, following a letter that leads them back to Kyuubi Mansion. There are 12 puzzles in all here.

These questions don't require extensive knowledge of Japanese culture, but a few of them may need a little. In any case, the questions can be redone as many times as needed, so no worries. They're all pretty simple "find the contradiction" or logic puzzles.

Insanity Brit wrote:
AnsweringNOW wrote:
*Information about perceiving*

So is the perceive mechanic literally the same as it was in AJ? Or are there tweaks to it?

I'd assume it's the same, nothing really to add to it.

It's the same.

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5 spoilers
I thought there were four characters who get perceived: Jinxie, Deemon, Scuttlebutt, and Juniper.

And there's one other character who gets perceived but you should know who, if you finished the last case. And in court, nonetheless.

*cough*

Quote:
Anyway, here's a question.

Spoiler: Case 2 spoilers
Why did Biyouin need the gold in the first place?

Spoiler:
He's in debt big time. Beauty products don't just sell themselves, you know.

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler: Final boss spoilers
I heard that Phantom killed Mari because of a voice recording of him. Is this true?

1000% Knight

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler: Final boss spoilers
I heard that Phantom killed Mari because of a voice recording of him. Is this true?

Spoiler:
They... don't really give a reason for why he killed Mari, to be honest. The "closest" thing would be because of the voice recording, but that doesn't really make too much sense since she... had already analyzed it and everything >_>

Spoiler: Final Boss Spoilers
How is the Phantom able to wear all those masks at once? When he switches to another mask, his head shape/size changes to that of the person he's impersonating, right? So, how does that work? Also, how is he able to switch through all those masks in his breakdown so quickly? His arms were flailing around, so how did he take them off?

ImageImage

Master of sharp things!

FreeFurNawlz wrote:
How is the Phantom able to wear all those masks at once? When he switches to another mask, his head shape/size changes to that of the person he's impersonating, right? So, how does that work? Also, how is he able to switch through all those masks in his breakdown so quickly? His arms were flailing around, so how did he take them off?

Spoiler:
Rule of cool. A.K.A., you're overthinking it.

元・超会社員級の管理人

FreeFurNawlz wrote:

How does Adrian Andrews have infinite pairs of glasses? :yogi:

It's really just for a fun effect, I think. Don't read into it too much.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I figured as much. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything~
ImageImage

FreeFurNawlz wrote:

Spoiler:
I'd rather ask how Phoenix is able to pull off that detective suit look. When I first saw it, it didn't fit at all. Now that I look at it again, it does. What is going on here?

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
FreeFurNawlz wrote:

Spoiler:
I'd rather ask how Phoenix is able to pull off that detective suit look. When I first saw it, it didn't fit at all. Now that I look at it again, it does. What is going on here?

Spoiler:
It's because there's some kind of conspiracy going on. This, somehow, will lead to Phoenix becoming the final boss of GS6!

ImageImage

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

Late to the party, but I've actually been considering the possibility of purchasing a 3DS for the express purpose of playing this game. (And yes, for those of you who know me and remember me, I'm still alive. Somewhat.)

As such, questions arise. Some of them spoilery. Please keep in mind the spoiler rules, though feel free to spoil me on whatever -- I don't mind spoilers at all.

re: Maya:
Spoiler:
1. I've seen a screenshot where she shows up in what is presumably a flashback. Does she have any sort of relevant appearance in the game itself beyond that?
2. Do any mentions to Nick's and Maya's previous relationship and situations (especially with Nick dropping off a bridge to save her in 3-5) appear whatsoever?

re: Old characters:
1. Does Gumshoe show up? I think he was the comic relief/serious-when-needed character I liked the most of the old crew.
2. How about Ema, Klavier, Kay and Lang?
3. Besides the ones mentioned above, which old characters do show up in the game? (Aside from the obvious Apollo and Trucy answer.)

re: Mechanics
1. I've heard Psyche-Locks and Perception both make a comeback. True or false?
2. How do the new trial mechanics compare to the ones in the old games?

re: Random stuff
1. Do Pearl and Trucy ever get to share quality time to berate on Nick/Apollo? XD
2. The one DLC case that will be released on the West, will it be related to the other ones or will it be a standalone case?
3. What significant mechanics changes have been implemented with the transition to 3D beyond the ability to more closely investigate locations?

Sorry that I haven't kept up much with updates about the game, my life's been a bit of a bitch lately.
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
MyAnimeList | My PW/AA Stuff and Translations | My fic thread

Mia Fey, Ace Attorney.

Shiki Tohno wrote:
Late to the party, but I've actually been considering the possibility of purchasing a 3DS for the express purpose of playing this game. (And yes, for those of you who know me and remember me, I'm still alive. Somewhat.)

As such, questions arise. Some of them spoilery. Please keep in mind the spoiler rules, though feel free to spoil me on whatever -- I don't mind spoilers at all.

re: Maya:
Spoiler:
1. I've seen a screenshot where she shows up in what is presumably a flashback. Does she have any sort of relevant appearance in the game itself beyond that?
2. Do any mentions to Nick's and Maya's previous relationship and situations (especially with Nick dropping off a bridge to save her in 3-5) appear whatsoever?

re: Old characters:
1. Does Gumshoe show up? I think he was the comic relief/serious-when-needed character I liked the most of the old crew.
2. How about Ema, Klavier, Kay and Lang?
3. Besides the ones mentioned above, which old characters do show up in the game? (Aside from the obvious Apollo and Trucy answer.)

1. I've heard Psyche-Locks and Perception both make a comeback. True or false?
2. How do the new trial mechanics compare to the ones in the old games?

1. Do Pearl and Trucy ever get to share quality time to berate on Nick/Apollo? XD
2. The one DLC case that will be released on the West, will it be related to the other ones or will it be a standalone case?
3. What significant mechanics changes have been implemented with the transition to 3D beyond the ability to more closely investigate locations?

Sorry that I haven't kept up much with updates about the game, my life's been a bit of a bitch lately.

I haven't played the game, but I've eagerly followed a lot of liveblogs, so I can answer some of these questions.
re: Maya
Spoiler:
1. Maya sends a letter to Phoenix. However, beyond the letter and flashback, she's not really relevant. The reason she hasn't come to visit Nick is, according to her, because of a particularly complex technique she's trying to master right now.
2. Maya's relationship to Mia is mentioned, but other than that, as far as I know, no.

re: Old characters
Spoiler:
1. Gumshoe does not appear in Ace Attorney 5.
2. Klavier shows up in case 3, although he's not the main prosecutor for the trial taking place. Kay, Ema and Lang do not appear.
3. Klavier, Edgeworth and Pearl are the only ones who return in person asides from the obvious Apollo and Trucy. Maya is mentioned, so is Mia in one line, but not by name. Kristoph is also vaguely mentioned once or twice, seeing as Phoenix's disbarment is one of the things that kicked off the dark days of law.

Spoiler:
1. Psyche-locks and Perceive both make a comeback in this game.
2. I, personally, like the look of the Mood Matrix and the Thought Route. However, I haven't played the game, so my opinion isn't a particularly valid one.

Spoiler:
1. I'm not really sure, sorry.
2. It's apparently Phoenix's first case since he got his badge back, but it's not related to any of the five cases in the game and is standalone, IIRC.
3. Once again, having not played the game myself, someone else should probably answer this one.

Okay, now for my own questions (case 4 and 5 spoilers, reference to final boss)
Spoiler:
While I was accidentally spoiled for the final boss of case 5 and am mostly confused regarding the connection between Bobby Fulbright and Phantom, I'll wait until I play the game myself or until I get accidentally spoiled again for the answers regarding that.
1. Is the reason for Kaguya holding people hostage to force a trial for Simon before his execution?
2. What exactly is or was Simon and Athena's relationship, outside of her testifying for his trial and becoming a lawyer to save him?
3. What was the motivation (if any) for the murder of Daichi Aoi? (I'd prefer a vague answer to this one.)

"We never really know if our clients are guilty or innocent. All we can do is believe in them. And in order to believe in them, you have to believe in yourself."

Signature by MidnightJasper~

迷探偵

Shadow Magician wrote:
Okay, now for my own questions (case 4 and 5 spoilers, reference to final boss)
Spoiler:
While I was accidentally spoiled for the final boss of case 5 and am mostly confused regarding the connection between Bobby Fulbright and Phantom, I'll wait until I play the game myself or until I get accidentally spoiled again for the answers regarding that.
1. Is the reason for Kaguya holding people hostage to force a trial for Simon before his execution?
2. What exactly is or was Simon and Athena's relationship, outside of her testifying for his trial and becoming a lawyer to save him?
3. What was the motivation (if any) for the murder of Daichi Aoi? (I'd prefer a vague answer to this one.)

Spoiler:
Yes.

Spoiler:
Simon learned psychology from Athena's mother.

Spoiler:
Victim of circumstances

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

To think I had almost forgotten the most important question of all:

How's the humor?
Page 8 of 29 [ 1153 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)