Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 14 of 29[ 1153 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 29  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

Lusankya wrote:
Spoiler: About the number of cross examinations
There are very few of them, only 30 in the main game. Even AJ or the original AA with only 4 cases had more of them.
GS1: 3+9+12+10+19 = 34 +19 = 53
GS2: 5+10+12+18 = 45
GS3: 7+10+14+7+17 = 55
GS4: 7+10+12+9 = 38
GK1: 6+9+12+11+16 = 54
GK2: 7+13+10+10+12= 52

GS5: 4+9+7+5+5= 30 (+7 DLC)

I hope the game doesn't feel like it's somehow missing cross examinations.

Sorry for the off-topic, but thanks for counting the number of cross examinations in every game! I've been looking for this for a while, and I was too lazy for counting it for myself xD
I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Kanji wrote:
Spoiler: Simon
I read that everything Simon does is to protect his girlfriend, right?
What forum explains how to cover spoilers and how to edit what it says?

Spoiler: Blackquill
ImageAthena is not Blackquill's girlfriend. :edgeworth:

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Surf's Up!

Are there any of those "after-case presents" in this game (i.e. Maya at the end of 1-4 says that she was useless and you present the DL-6 bullet to her to prove otherwise)?

Spoiler: About a returning character in Case 5
1. Does Edgeworth wear his glasses in the investigation parts?

Spoiler: Case 5 spoilers
2. I read here that the culprit in case 1 may be Phantom, not Tonate. Is that true?

3. How and where was Athena's mother killed?

4. What does the title of case 2 mean in English? In the AA Wiki they use the japanese title, "Turnabout Hyakkiyako" or something like that.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

SweetieBot wrote:

2. I read here that the culprit in case 1 may be Phantom, not Tonate. Is that true?

4. What does the title of case 2 mean in English? In the AA Wiki they use the japanese title, "Turnabout Hyakkiyako" or something like that.

Spoiler: Questions 1 and 2
1. I believe he does, as well as a short time in court segments.

2. Tonate killed the woman, however, he did not admit to blowing up the courtroom, and although I don't know all the details, Phantom is tied with the control remote to the bomb somehow. I am also not sure if it's stated in game he did it, but I believe it's implied.

I wish I could answer better, but I haven't actually played it myself. :payne:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I have a question:
Spoiler: Case 5
What does Athena say after you break her black Psyche-Locks? I could make out what she said before but not the moment after Phoenix breaks them. Can someone please translate? I got it from one of Qaelios's videos.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Text of Steel!

After browsing the Ace Attorney wiki I noticed it said Apollo has five voice clips. I know of the four he's had before (hold it, take that, gotcha, and OBJECTION!) but what's the fifth? Heck this goes for the other two defense attorneys as well since it's said they have four. What's the new voice clip that's been added? Does it have to do with the mood matrix? What would the English translation roughly be?

Lennyoh wrote:
After browsing the Ace Attorney wiki I noticed it said Apollo has five voice clips. I know of the four he's had before (hold it, take that, gotcha, and OBJECTION!) but what's the fifth? Heck this goes for the other two defense attorneys as well since it's said they have four. What's the new voice clip that's been added? Does it have to do with the mood matrix? What would the English translation roughly be?

It's GOT IT! for the mood matrix. Also he has five because he the only one with GOTCHA!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Are there any of those "after-case presents" in this game (i.e. Maya at the end of 1-4 says that she was useless and you present the DL-6 bullet to her to prove otherwise)?

Yep,
Spoiler:
but only in the 1st, 2nd, and DLC cases.

SweetieBot wrote:

Spoiler:
1. Always
2. Yep; to get rid of a certain piece of evidence.
3. In the robotics room at the space center. It's what's classified as a "stabbing"... in the heart.

4. It literally means "Night March of 100 Yokai", which refers to mass pandemonium. I previously abbreviated it as "Turnabout Pandemonium", but I've heard suggestions that it could be localized as "Turnabout of 100 Yokai" or something.

aplab23207 wrote:
I have a question:
What does Athena say after you break her black Psyche-Locks? I could make out what she said before but not the moment after Phoenix breaks them. Can someone please translate? I got it from one of Qaelios's videos.

Spoiler: 5-5
Athena recalls everything that happened the day her mother was murdered.

She had been drawing a picture of her mother and wanted to show the finished product to her. When she got there, she found her with a sword sticking out. Her face was covered, but it was definitely her mother's clothes. Then, the door opened and a man stepped in. She attacked him with a nearby knife, but missed the first time, ripping the jacket. She struck again and got his hand. He sent her away with a kick and was knocked out.

When she came to, she found her mother wasn't moving. Hoping to "fix" her, she asked Ponco to help move her to the workbench. She thought her mother simply had a "malfunction" and could be fixed by dis-assembly, as with the rest of the robots.

She confirmed the man wore a mask, the one hanging on the wall by the other workbench. There was a saying her mother once told her: "When a skilled actor covers his face, he becomes a phantom." (paraphrase) Hence the dubbed name of the spy. (The pun here is with the kind of mask it is: A noh mask is that white, expressionless mask we see in the picture. The characters for the term spell out "skill" and "face".)

Lennyoh wrote:

The fifth is "koko da!" which means "Right here!" He says it when he picks out the contradicting emotion during a Mood Matrix segment. Phoenix and Athena also get to say it, of course. It's been officially localized as "Got it!" just as planned
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Lennyoh wrote:

Hey, I made that edit! :edgy:

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

They say "Got it!" when you find the contradictions with the Mood Matrix in the english version.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

...I still don't get it. Phoenix and Athena use "Got it!", so it's understandable, but shouldn't Apollo's voice clip be the same as from AJ, unless voice actor changed?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Sligneris wrote:
...I still don't get it. Phoenix and Athena use "Got it!", so it's understandable, but shouldn't Apollo's voice clip be the same as from AJ, unless voice actor changed?

No. It wouldn't make sense to use the same voice clip for two gameplay mechanics, so they gave Apollo "Got it!" just to keep things logical.

Sligneris wrote:

Didn't you hear the news? He is getting a different voice actor.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

How well does Turnabout Return fit in with the rest of the main story, if you play the game cronologically? as in, Case 1 --> 2 --> DLC --> 3 --> 4 --> 5.
And also, how does it work if you play it completely cronologically, where you start with case 2 and play case 1 in the middle of case 4?

And I have a seperate question as well. Can you always skip dialogue like in the demos shown at PAX or E3, or is it like in all other ace attorney games where you can only skip text you've previously read?

[quote="linkenski"]How well does Turnabout Return fit in with the rest of the main story, if you play the game cronologically? as in, Case 1 --> 2 --> DLC --> 3 --> 4 --> 5.
And also, how does it work if you play it completely cronologically, where you start with case 2 and play case 1 in the middle of case 4?

And I have a seperate question as well. Can you always skip dialogue like in the demos shown at PAX or E3, or is it like in all other ace attorney games where you can only skip text you've previously read?[/quote]
Is there a video of the pax demo...?

No but apparently the PAX demo was the same as the E3 one as well as the Comic-con investigation demo.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

linkenski wrote:
No but apparently the PAX demo was the same as the E3 one as well as the Comic-con investigation demo.

Did it have a cutscene at the beginning or a trailer at the end? I really wanted to hear Blackquill's second phrase, as well as an extended version of Phoenix and Athena's voice.
"I am returning for one reason and one reason alone: to settle the score."

aplab23207 wrote:
linkenski wrote:

Did it have a cutscene at the beginning or a trailer at the end? I really wanted to hear Blackquill's second phrase, as well as an extended version of Phoenix and Athena's voice.

Well that's possible, ashas anyone been there?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

paviv14 wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:
linkenski wrote:

Well that's possible, ashas anyone been there?

How should I know? I'm only 13.

No I think they showed the exact same thing as we've already seen on youtube, ergo no new voice clips or anything like that.
I'm guessing we'll see either an english web-demo this month or an eShop demo next month, unless the game comes out in december or something.

The miracle finally happen...

Spoiler: Simon
I don't get what the big deal is when Simon breaks his handcuffs. They give him his own crisis theme to intensify the moment but I fail to see the threat. Does he have a weapon on hand or something?

He's convicted for murder, of course that makes everyone panic. They think he's a violent killer FCS.

linkenski wrote:
How well does Turnabout Return fit in with the rest of the main story, if you play the game cronologically? as in, Case 1 --> 2 --> DLC --> 3 --> 4 --> 5.

And I have a seperate question as well. Can you always skip dialogue like in the demos shown at PAX or E3, or is it like in all other ace attorney games where you can only skip text you've previously read?

It feels like a stand-alone case that doesn't tie in much to the primary plot or the overall theme, but fits right in-between cases 2 and 3, time-wise. It's like a summer vacation gone wrong in a way. Nonetheless, it better reciprocates Phoenix's reasons for returning to law and his regaining of the drive he used to have (not that it was ever a problem in the first place).

Although I haven't played through it in that order, I can safely assume that cases 2 and 3 would feel a bit "outcast" from the other cases. They fit with the game thematically and provide better character introduction and development, but time and plot-wise, they're pretty much on their own. Also, playing case 1 right in the middle of case 4 makes Athena's slip-up in the beginning seem a bit unfitting to the mood, though understandable because it's not actually her case. In the end, though, the minor monologues at the beginning and end of cases 1, 2 and 3 make it hard to keep a smooth transition across the story's timeline, as they constantly remind you that the characters are narrating flashbacks. I recommend going in order of case numbers, as with a first-time play.

The text skips only after you've gone through it before, and can only jump forward when the animations finish, for the most part. (The good thing is, you don't have to start at the beginning of a trial or investigation day to get to certain scenes.)

aplab23207 wrote:
linkenski wrote:

Nope, no animated scenes or extra material, not even another trailer.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
It feels like a stand-alone case that doesn't tie in much to the primary plot or the overall theme, but fits right in-between cases 2 and 3, time-wise. It's like a summer vacation gone wrong in a way. Nonetheless, it better reciprocates Phoenix's reasons for returning to law and his regaining of the drive he used to have (not that it was ever a problem in the first place).

Wait, if the 5-DLC happens in summer and

Spoiler:
the other cases happen in december, how can 5-DLC chronogically fit between 5-2 and 5-3?

Spoiler: Chronology
Only 5-1, 5-4 and 5-5 happen in December

For anyone else interested, here are the starting dates:
Spoiler: Dates
case 1 December 18 2027
case 2 April 17 2027
case 3 October 24 2027
case 4 December 17 2027 (2nd half, 19)
case 5 December 19 2027
DLC case July 20 2027

For once, Attorney Wright is actually busy with murder cases across a few days - but hasn't profited any more than usual. Meanwhile, in the Prosecutor's Office...

Sligneris wrote:
Spoiler: Chronology
Only 5-1, 5-4 and 5-5 happen in December

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
For anyone else interested, here are the starting dates:
Spoiler: Dates
case 1 December 18 2027
case 2 April 17 2027
case 3 October 24 2027
case 4 December 17 2027 (2nd half, 19)
case 5 December 19 2027
DLC case July 20 2027

Spoiler:
Oh, I read that every case happened in December. I guess I was mistaken, sorry.

What would you say is the best thing about GS5's story?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I have one question:
Spoiler: Breakdowns
I heard someone say that Athena had a breakdown when Blackquill testified about UR1, where she tosses and turns, screaming. I haven't found this breakdown on YouTube videos, or Qaelios's channel. Can someone link the video if there is one?

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler: DLC case
What are the ages for all the characters of the DLC case?

linkenski wrote:
What would you say is the best thing about GS5's story?

I can't pick one, honestly. The flow is set at a pretty solid pace, certain themes are very pervasive, and I love most of the new colorful cast. Although the focus between character balance and development isn't very strong and the primary theme advertised in promos is a bit lost, it firms its stance as a decent stand-alone story with readily anticipating mysteries. I find it as sort of a middle-ground among the rest. That is, GS5 ranks well with GS2 and GK2, maybe even a bit better. (Honestly, GS2 and GK2 are on the slightly lower end of the series for me, but aren't the worst and definitely have their pros going for them.)

But if I had to pick one...
Spoiler: Case 5-3
The way we get to fight Means is a glorious path indeed. This is where I get the best sense of actually fighting with the overlying theme of a "dark age of law", and it becomes a classic standoff between the hopeful and the oppressing. I don't care for how susceptible Athena is to any disparagement, but she holds up a pretty good fight in the long run and finishes spectacularly.

Or maybe a second one...
Spoiler: DLC
Ikuya is one of the more impressive "villain" characters in this game, and the final confrontation gives me an adrenaline rush every time I replay it. He forces Phoenix to cross-examine a whale to find evidence; and to top it off, it doesn't end with him being suspected as the murderer. Such a satisfying end to a surprisingly emotional case.

aplab23207 wrote:
I have one question:
Spoiler: Breakdowns
I heard someone say that Athena had a breakdown when Blackquill testified about UR1, where she tosses and turns, screaming. I haven't found this breakdown on YouTube videos, or Qaelios's channel. Can someone link the video if there is one?

Spoiler:
It's not an animation that people would particularly pay attention to, but it is a breakdown nonetheless. I haven't found a video on it either, but you can still search Madoushi's Twitch channel for his case 5 play and skip past Simon's testimony. She's still at the bench when it happens.

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler: DLC case
What are the ages for all the characters of the DLC case?

Spoiler:
Shouko Umino: 22
Ale: ??
Ryouji Arafune: 57
Reika Uratori: 36
Ikuya Itsuka: 21
Rifle: ??
Gaku Sugimori: 40
Sniper: ?? (not listed as a profile, but part of Gaku's)
Suzumi Natsukaze: deceased

Without spoiling anything specific, would you say Blackquill is competent? How does he operate, and how does he handle losses?

Speaking of which his tricks, we heard a bunch about his 'manipulations' before the game, does that come into play a lot and is it (at least somewhat) believable? Once again, nothing spoilerific please.

I've been searching on the internet for graphic rips of PW:AA:DD and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, but I can't seem to find any. Is it possible to rip them in the first place? I've been searching background images of the courtroom from PW:AA:DD, but I can't find any. So I want to ask the following: Will Court Records post any graphic rips (at some point in the future) from the games, or do I need to search somewhere else?

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Mario222041 wrote:
I've been searching on the internet for graphic rips of PW:AA:DD and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, but I can't seem to find any. Is it possible to rip them in the first place? I've been searching background images of the courtroom from PW:AA:DD, but I can't find any. So I want to ask the following: Will Court Records post any graphic rips (at some point in the future) from the games, or do I need to search somewhere else?

Although this won't directly reply to your question, I believe it isn't possible to rip things form 3DS games like it was with DS ones.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Mario222041 wrote:

Although this won't directly reply to your question, I believe it isn't possible to rip things form 3DS games like it was with DS ones.

Essentially this. While I think there's been a little progress on ripping graphics from 3DS games, it's not nearly as advanced as things were for the DS. There's also the issue that many of the game's assets are 3D models, meaning they can't just be extracted as easily as still images.

The "rips" I have gotten have been by using a 3DS capture board to take lossless screenshots of the game and cropping appropriately from there.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Here, do we have a "cooperative" Edgeworth (End of 1-3, 1-5 I think, 2nd half of 2-4) or an "oh my god if you say Objection again I swear I'm going to kill you" Edgeworth (1-2, 1-3, 1st half of 2-4, 3-4)? Also, it's Edgeworth himself who picks to prosecute this case or someone else orders him to? And why does Blackquill replace him later?

元・超会社員級の管理人

SweetieBot wrote:
Here, do we have a "cooperative" Edgeworth (End of 1-3, 1-5 I think, 2nd half of 2-4) or an "oh my god if you say Objection again I swear I'm going to kill you" Edgeworth (1-2, 1-3, 1st half of 2-4, 3-4)? Also, it's Edgeworth himself who picks to prosecute this case or someone else orders him to? And why does Blackquill replace him later?

He's definitely adversarial in court, more like the first half of 2-4; he's very much running off of the "the truth isn't always nice" philosophy for most of the trial. That said, outside of the trial, and once Phoenix has shown a certain criminal is involved, he's much more cooperative.

Edgeworth picks the case himself. Blackquill takes over later both so Edgeworth can go do some additional investigation and because it's a very personal case for him.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

So you didn't get any sense of "this is something they put in to satisfy fans?" at all? Not insinuating anything here, but that was the first thing I thought when I heard he was in the game. Do you think they handled it well and wrote him in intuitively rather than forcing it?

linkenski wrote:
So you didn't get any sense of "this is something they put in to satisfy fans?" at all? Not insinuating anything here, but that was the first thing I thought when I heard he was in the game. Do you think they handled it well and wrote him in intuitively rather than forcing it?

Edgeworth is actually one of the better characters in this game. They stayed true to his persona, being the one who usually operates things behind the scenes, and he led a forward momentum that brought about the resolution of many of these cases. And as if to fit that feel in JFA, they save him for the last case, but had been lingering around out-of-view from the start.

Now, he's not perfectly fit in; his appearance in the 5th case comes rather suddenly. Even when people expect him to appear at some point, they'd likely be surprised with how abrupt it feels. And with only one investigation segment with him, there's not much time to rejoice his and Wright's reunion (though it is up to the players to see how long they can make that segment last). In any case, the progression of the first half of the 5th case goes pretty smoothly through familiar territory.

Thane wrote:
Without spoiling anything specific, would you say Blackquill is competent? How does he operate, and how does he handle losses?

Speaking of which his tricks, we heard a bunch about his 'manipulations' before the game, does that come into play a lot and is it (at least somewhat) believable? Once again, nothing spoilerific please.

He is pretty competent. In fact, he reminds me quite a lot of Edgeworth from the first game... only, we get to spend a bit more time with him in a couple more cases, so Blackquill comes off as just a bit more as the "shut up and get on with it" type. (No worries, Mr. Blackquill, there's this function in the game called "fast-forward"...)

The manipulation tricks are plentiful. He starts with one right off during his first appearance in the 2nd case, and manages to convince the judge to do his opening statements for him up to the 3rd case. He even occasionally brings up tales of his fellow prisoners when making his points, as if to both intimidate and teach a moral lesson at the same time. They are pretty believable, at times complete with visual and sound effects to enhance the mood.

Although from my view, he isn't all that intimidating, but staring head-on at him who's readying his "blade" is understandably a bit nerve-racking. He's someone who easily breaks through metal cuffs. Not many people in real life can manage to do that. (Then again, not many people manage to drink 17 cups of coffee during a single trial.)

The first time he underestimated a rookie, he paid for it and took it hard. The second time he underestimated a rookie, he took it a bit more cautiously - though in Athena's case, there's just a bit of the hidden big-brother type in him. As for the DLC case, he couldn't take Phoenix seriously. The guy wanted to defend a WHALE... and somehow managed to succeed defending both the whale and its trainer. By the 4th and 5th cases, he does take him seriously. (Must have been thanks to the whale-on-trial thing.)

All-in-all, he's a pretty chill guy and an easy new favorite on people's minds. The snarkiness from a prosecutor isn't anything new, but being able to shut people up with whatever he does is pretty unique.

Page 14 of 29 [ 1153 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 29  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)