Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 22 of 29[ 1153 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

By this he means there are 3 non-canon endings and one canon ending.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

ADA McCoy wrote:
Is the Quiz DLC that we are not getting canon or is it like the non-canon PLvsAA DLC? Please no story spoilers please.

PLvsAA is a crossover game, not DLC.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

aplab23207 wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:
Is the Quiz DLC that we are not getting canon or is it like the non-canon PLvsAA DLC? Please no story spoilers please.

Dude, he's not even saying that. PLvsAA has DLC which is non-canon to PLvsAA or either of the two franchises. He was asking if the Quiz DLC for GS5 was like that as well. :edgy:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I'd like to add that there's a lot less fourth-wall breaking in the GS5 Quiz than in the PLvsAA extras and has its own side story. Although it is non-canon, it doesn't break continuity in the least.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I'd like to add that there's a lot less fourth-wall breaking in the GS5 Quiz than in the PLvsAA extras and has its own side story. Although it is non-canon, it doesn't break continuity in the least.

That's interesting to know. Thanks!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

linkenski wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

Dude, he's not even saying that. PLvsAA has DLC which is non-canon to PLvsAA or either of the two franchises. He was asking if the Quiz DLC for GS5 was like that as well. :edgy:

I did not know that. :udgy:
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

aplab23207 wrote:
I did not know that. :udgy:

That's ok! It's not really talked about much now since it came out a while ago. I wonder if we'll get the DLC as well?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

1. How many cases (and which ones) does Phoenix appear, counting Turnabout Reclaimed? And Trucy?
Spoiler: Case 5-3
Does Rei hide a secret like Chishio (his gender)? If he does, what is it and how does Athena prove it in court?

3. What is the killer's motive in Turnabout Reclaimed? How did he make it look like the orca was the murderer?
4 The shout for Mood Matrix is "Got it!", right?Only Athena shouts that in the game, or the 3 attorneys do?
I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

SweetieBot wrote:
The shout for Mood Matrix is "Got it!", right?Only Athena shouts that in the game, or the 3 attorneys do?

I haven't played the game yet, but I have played the demo and in the demo Phoenix is the one who shouts "Got it!" so I would bet that the 3 attorneys say it. But once again, I haven't played the full game, so someone else should probably confirm this.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Hey does Edgeworth feel like Edgeworth in DD, or is he out of character. If he's changed does it seem believable (as in, not like the shift from GS3-nick to GS4 nick)
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Mia Payne

linkenski wrote:
Hey does Edgeworth feel like Edgeworth in DD, or is he out of character. If he's changed does it seem believable (as in, not like the shift from GS3-nick to GS4 nick)

Edgeworth feels like GS3 edgeworth

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

D.A. McCoy wrote:
SweetieBot wrote:
The shout for Mood Matrix is "Got it!", right?Only Athena shouts that in the game, or the 3 attorneys do?

I haven't played the game yet, but I have played the demo and in the demo Phoenix is the one who shouts "Got it!" so I would bet that the 3 attorneys say it. But once again, I haven't played the full game, so someone else should probably confirm this.

Well, there's a video including the Japanese voice clips in the game. And it's confirmed that the 3 attorneys shout "Kokoda!", "Got it!"
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

SweetieBot wrote:
1. How many cases (and which ones) does Phoenix appear, counting Turnabout Reclaimed? And Trucy?
Does Rei hide a secret like Chishio (his gender)? If he does, what is it and how does Athena prove it in court?

3. What is the killer's motive in Turnabout Reclaimed? How did he make it look like the orca was the murderer?
4 The shout for Mood Matrix is "Got it!", right?Only Athena shouts that in the game, or the 3 attorneys do?

Spoiler: Phoenix
Out of the 6 cases total (including DLC), Phoenix appears in the 1st , 2nd, 3rd , 4th 5th and 6th . He is only playable in the 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th, however.

Spoiler: Rei
Yes he does.
He's a big dirty liar and cheater, his grades were all bought and he's not a perfect student at all. I don't actually know how Athena proves it in court, but I believe it has to do with his friends comming clean and asking him to do so as well.

3. My theories have been denied, check Bolt's post for someone who's actually played the game.

Spoiler: Who shouts what?
Everyone does. Although it is possible that Apollo uses 'Gotcha' instead in the english version.

Last edited by Tiagofvarela on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Spoiler: Re: Who shouts what?
Wait a minute, in the japanese version he used both "Soko da" (Gotcha!) and "Koko da" (Got it!), so that means he uses both interjections. (We can't be certain of that yet for the English version though.)

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

BonnyMono wrote:
Spoiler: Re: Who shouts what?
Wait a minute, in the japanese version he used both "Soko da" (Gotcha!) and "Koko da" (Got it!), so that means he uses both interjections. (We can't be certain of that yet for the English version though.)

You may be right on that, I'll change it acordingly.

Wotter boy

Spoiler:
Do returning characters, like Trucy, Pearl, Klavier and Edgeworth actually feel in-character? Or are they like, completely different?

元・超会社員級の管理人

Spoiler: Voice clips
All the attorneys yell "Koko da!"/"Got it!" when using the Mood Matrix. I'm not sure where the idea of Phoenix/Apollo yelling something different came from.

Spoiler: Turnabout Reclaimed
The villain in Turnabout Reclaimed didn't actually mean to kill the victim. He tried to make Orla look like the killer by moving the body to her tank, attracting a witness, and then ordering Orla to pull the body out of where it was hidden (making it look like she was biting him/drowning him).

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Spoiler: Voice clips
All the attorneys yell "Koko da!"/"Got it!" when using the Mood Matrix. I'm not sure where the idea of Phoenix/Apollo yelling something different come from.

Spoiler: Turnabout Reclaimed
The villain in Turnabout Reclaimed didn't actually mean to kill the victim. He tried to make Orla look like the killer by moving the body to her tank, attracting a witness, and then ordering Orla to pull the body out of where it was hidden (making it look like she was biting him/drowning him).

Right, I'll change it accordingly so I don't confuse anyone.
The idea of the different voice clips probably comes from the fact that Apollo has already got one that means the same as got it, so it was possible he might use it.

Wotter boy

Also...

Spoiler: Athena spoilers

Under her two objecting screens... what's happening there?

Last edited by Bolt Storm on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adding a more descriptive spoiler tag.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Spoiler: Case 3
Athena's recreating a statue at the crime scene to prove a point.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Why does the word "fanservice" come to mind, somehow?

Sligneris wrote:
Why does the word "fanservice" come to mind, somehow?

Ask Apollo; he's the one who tied her up.

SweetieBot wrote:

1. Phoenix is always around; Trucy's only for cases 2, 4, 5, & DLC (though she's not interactive in the last one).
Spoiler: 5-3 details
Rei's parents have been bribing Means to change his scores and grades. It's first revealed what his true age is when Blackquill announced it, to prove a point. Later on, he admits to accepting the bribe money, if only to pin the crime on Means.
He's actually pretty hilarious when he's on the stand on the 2nd day.
Spoiler: TR details
The actual murder was an accident, but he wanted to blame Orla for it because he had a grudge against her for an incident one year ago, when his girlfriend was "killed" by the orca.

Ikuya hid the body in one of the new stage props, the skull rock. Sasha, unaware of the body, moved back to Orla's tank, as that new show was canceled and they didn't need it. Later, he used his phone to play sounds to control Orla, ordering her to sing and pick up the body. (It was also that day when he didn't bother feeding Orla, and she felt ill. Frustrated, she rammed her head into the skull rock, and then discovered the captain's body.) Ms. Uratori thus became a witness to Orla's "murder".

4. All three attorneys do, but Athena updates the Mood Matrix.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

@: Rubia Silve Ryu
What do you mean by Rei's true age? Is he younger/older than Juniper and Chishio? How old is he?

Thank you all for the answers!
I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

Mia Payne

SweetieBot wrote:
What do you mean by Rei's true age? Is he younger/older than Juniper and Chishio? How old is he?

Spoiler:
He's like 25, he isn't a highschool student, they paid the teacher to keep quiet

Blizdi wrote:
SweetieBot wrote:

Spoiler:
He's like 25, he isn't a highschool student, they paid the teacher to keep quiet

Spoiler: clarification
He's failed the entrance exam for 7 years straight since he first enrolled, the poor guy. His parents grew tired of him always messing up and thus bribed Means to get him in. Of course, to keep him in school, they had to keep bribing Means to change his scores, or he'd get kicked out anyway.

It's funny because Yugami is sometimes referred to as a ronin, a wandering samurai, while Rei is a ronin in another sense: wandering & yet to be enrolled.

Just finished the first case. Does the following sound more like something Athena or Trucy would do?-

Spoiler:
"Polly and Junie, sitting in a tree! K-I-S-" (Apollo tackles her, cloud of dust and flailing limbs ensues)

Juniper: Um, Mr. Wright, shouldn't we stop them?

Phoenix: Nah, they'll run of steam soon enough.

Truth will come to light.

William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice.

I came in here with a question myself. Is the consultation option available only once for each day of trial? I recall accessing a consultation in case 1, but didn't see it for the rest of the trial. That seems a bit lacking for something that would come in handy throughout. But, I suppose this isn't like PLvsAA's hints.

SwordKing wrote:
Just finished the first case. Does the following sound more like something Athena or Trucy would do?-

Spoiler:
"Polly and Junie, sitting in a tree! K-I-S-" (Apollo tackles her, cloud of dust and flailing limbs ensues)

Juniper: Um, Mr. Wright, shouldn't we stop them?

Phoenix: Nah, they'll run of steam soon enough.

A question about role playing?

First off, Apollo wouldn't tackle either of them. For one thing, he's used to them tormenting him a lot. For another, Athena or Phoenix would easily kick his butt. Next up, Juniper would become completely flustered if they started singing that. No one - besides Gaspen who has no honor - would dare to make Juniper cry.

Lastly, and this may only be my opinion, but it'd work so much better if they sung that about Nick and Maya. Pearl would probably defend him, if only to argue that it's no laughing matter - it's simply the call of destiny. And magically, everyone would shut up because no one wants to argue with Pearls about love.

I've heard the middle cases drag on and then the final case is really short. Is that true? And if so is it as sucky as that sounds?

The video game boy; the one who wins

Those who've played the first case,
Spoiler:
was it hard figuring out that the bloody writing originally was the code that had been changed to "Woods", or did you find out quickly? I thought it seemed far-fetched, but I've only watched a play-through of it so I didn't even try figuring the contradictions out myself.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

GoingforMiles wrote:
Spoiler:
was it hard figuring out that the bloody writing originally was the code that had been changed to "Woods", or did you find out quickly? I thought it seemed far-fetched, but I've only watched a play-through of it so I didn't even try figuring the contradictions out myself.

Spoiler:
I found it pretty easy. When the time came to present it, I looked through the evidence, realised that the letters looked a bit weird and that was it really.

Wotter boy

How do they localize Means breakdown?

Mia Payne

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
How do they localize Means breakdown?

Spoiler:
Bathroom Detail.... Retake Bar Exam.. Salary Cut... Dismissal.. Crudely Drawn G (for guilty) then teeeth break

The reverse of the above question: What was the breakdown like in the Japanese version?

Mia Payne

M5432 wrote:
The reverse of the above question: What was the breakdown like in the Japanese version?

Spoiler:
Bathroom Detail.... Retake Bar Exam.. Salary Cut... Dismissal.. half of the first drawn Kanji for "Guilty" then
teeth break.. basically exactly the same, except with Japanese instead of English

Team Stepladder

Blizdi wrote:
M5432 wrote:

Spoiler:
Bathroom Detail.... Retake Bar Exam.. Salary Cut... Dismissal.. half of the first drawn Kanji for "Guilty" then
teeth break.. basically exactly the same, except with Japanese instead of English

Spoiler:
Additionally, those lines he wrote seem to look like the same G that Klavier uses for the Gavinners logo.

Oh, Nick. When will you ever learn?

Regarding references in the game:

Fulbright is always shouting "JUSTICE" in the Japanese version, which has no meaning to Apollo since his Japanese name isn't Justice. I understand they changed it to "In Justice We Trust", but it still features the word Justice. Did the localization team put in any jokes/references in response to Fulbright revolving around the fact that Apollo's name is also Justice?

Also, every time I hear Athena shout "Let's Do This!" I keep thinking I'm suddenly going to hear Phoenix shout "LEEEEEEEEERRRRRROOOOOOOOYYYYYY JJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS!" I seriously doubt there is a Leroy Jenkins reference in the game, but if there is please tell me!

(Please no story spoilers, though).

Team Stepladder

D.A. McCoy wrote:

Fulbright is always shouting "JUSTICE" in the Japanese version, which has no meaning to Apollo since his Japanese name isn't Justice. I understand they changed it to "In Justice We Trust", but it still features the word Justice. Did the localization team put in any jokes/references in response to Fulbright revolving around the fact that Apollo's name is also Justice?

Also, every time I hear Athena shout "Let's Do This!" I keep thinking I'm suddenly going to hear Phoenix shout "LEEEEEEEEERRRRRROOOOOOOOYYYYYY JJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS!" I seriously doubt there is a Leroy Jenkins reference in the game, but if there is please tell me!

I know that, constantly, Athena and Apollo put him on the spot to get him to spill the beans (as any good detective would) and he worries about "which justice is more just". I believe at one point Apollo even calls them both something akin to brothers in justice.
Oh, Nick. When will you ever learn?

dapz wrote:
I've heard the middle cases drag on and then the final case is really short. Is that true? And if so is it as sucky as that sounds?

If I were you, I'd try the game myself instead of listening to people complain about little details. Besides, I find the game flows rather smoothly throughout and the pacing is pretty quick. The last case is short, but it's not the shortest.

GoingforMiles wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It was the only other line of numbers and letters that was in the court record, so it had to be that.

I still find the name "Norehodo" funnier than "Mr. Wrigh", though.

D.A. McCoy wrote:

Sadly, no Leeroy Jenkins jokes here. I was hoping for more from the "justice" joke, but they're pretty scattered. One moment in the first trial day of case 2, Apollo makes an incredibly wild claim that no one can take seriously and Fulbright calls him out on it: "You're not suited to your name, boy!" (Fyi, it's not the result from a wrong answer.) I've yet to explore the later cases.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Another question; Phoenix' personality seems like a natural development from how he is in the three first games, is there any traces left of his :hobohodo: -personality?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Magic Key

GoingforMiles wrote:
Another question; Phoenix' personality seems like a natural development from how he is in the three first games, is there any traces left of his :hobohodo: -personality?

Not really. I certainly didn't notice it.
He stopped being laid back after retaking the bar exam and really took everything more serious too. Although there are some parts where this personality gets mentioned;
Spoiler:
e.g. when Edgeworth talks to Phoenix about retaking the barexam in the flashback.
Page 22 of 29 [ 1153 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)