Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 21 of 29[ 1153 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Are you kidding me!?
Spoiler:
Case 1 is longer than Case 4!?
...really??
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Racing through the sky like a Missile

linkenski wrote:
Are you kidding me!?
Spoiler:
...really??

Spoiler:
Counting the number of jump spots from the main menu, yes. Based on playtime... not necessarily. Case 1 is pretty easy, so the trial is rather fast-paced (unless Nick goes through all presses). The latter two-thirds of case 4 has a lot more pitfalls that can slow the player down. Case 5 is about as long as case 1 in terms of jump spots, but matches the difficulty of case 4.

...You sound so surprised. Did I land a bomb in here or what? (pun intended)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

1000% Knight

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
linkenski wrote:
Are you kidding me!?
Spoiler:
...really??

Spoiler:
Counting the number of jump spots from the main menu, yes. Based on playtime... not necessarily. Case 1 is pretty easy, so the trial is rather fast-paced (unless Nick goes through all presses). The latter two-thirds of case 4 has a lot more pitfalls that can slow the player down. Case 5 is about as long as case 1 in terms of jump spots, but matches the difficulty of case 4.

...You sound so surprised. Did I land a bomb in here or what? (pun intended)

Spoiler:
Cases 4+5 are also really just one case.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Spoiler:
Shush, most people don't know that yet. Yeah, it's awkward to know that "5" cases are really only 4, but there's also the DLC, so it's like there are 5 cases anyway.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Well at least it's a long case "4" then :-)
I hope that's not a bad thing.

1000% Knight

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Spoiler:
Shush, most people don't know that yet. Yeah, it's awkward to know that "5" cases are really only 4, but there's also the DLC, so it's like there are 5 cases anyway.

That's why I spoiler-tagged it :larry2:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Wotter boy

Spoiler: Case 4 and 5
How exactly do they feel like one case?

Mia Payne

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

Spoiler:
Like, we prove client innocent, real killer not found, so Case 5 is the catching of the killer, with a new defendant
Athena is the Case 5 defendant

Spoiler: minor details
Thinking about it, case 4 and 5 are split up because someone demanded a re-trial of a flashback case and wouldn't wait until the end of one case. Then again, to tie the story altogether more completely, it was meant to be written as thus.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Blizdi wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

Spoiler:
Like, we prove client innocent, real killer not found, so Case 5 is the catching of the killer, with a new defendant

Wow. Now all that's left is
Spoiler: Possible GS6 storyline
for Apollo to be the suspect in a case.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

aplab23207 wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

Spoiler:

Wow. Now all that's left is
Spoiler: Possible GS6 storyline
for Apollo to be the suspect in a case.

Or...
Spoiler:
the Apollo and Trucy deal continued.

"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I have a question I thought about after reading today's Capcom-Unity developer blog.

I noticed they added two new hint systems, the "notes" section for investigations and the "consultations" to the court sections. I tend to be someone who examines everything in a location and presents every piece of evidence to everybody; I enjoy reading "all" of the text. Is the text/dialogue regarding these systems (specifically the consultation) different/unique/the same kind of text we get when presenting non-important evidence? Or is it just a generic "here's the testimony that bothered me" every time?

If it's unique each time, do you have to hear the hint with the dialogue? because I'd love to read all of the dialogue but I don't want to be given the answer each time.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ADA McCoy wrote:
I have a question I thought about after reading today's Capcom-Unity developer blog.

I noticed they added two new hint systems, the "notes" section for investigations and the "consultations" to the court sections. I tend to be someone who examines everything in a location and presents every piece of evidence to everybody; I enjoy reading "all" of the text. Is the text/dialogue regarding these systems (specifically the consultation) different/unique/the same kind of text we get when presenting non-important evidence? Or is it just a generic "here's the testimony that bothered me" every time?

If it's unique each time, do you have to hear the hint with the dialogue? because I'd love to read all of the dialogue but I don't want to be given the answer each time.

The "Case Brief" simply summarizes everything you've found out in a case so far during investigation and updates as you go. The "Consultations" are different for each testimony, but the characters simply pass around hints for the player as they discuss. As hints, they're not always as direct as "this part" or whatnot; sometimes, if you don't have a clue at all, they can be a bit vague. I haven't found any dialogue during these moments that's particularly noteworthy, though I haven't explored that much. I've had to forcefully take penalties to reach 2/5ths of the bar, so I could access these discussions in the first place, and the penalties get tiring after the first several times.

For those seeking a good laugh or two, not to worry! In places where you do have the luxury to waste time, the conversations turn out pretty silly or witty a lot of the time. Sometimes, you really have to wonder what goes on in these people's heads... including the protagonist. Besides, whenever Blacky plays with his psycho-manip powers, someone ends up screwing themselves over.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

The "Case Brief" simply summarizes everything you've found out in a case so far during investigation and updates as you go. The "Consultations" are different for each testimony, but the characters simply pass around hints for the player as they discuss. As hints, they're not always as direct as "this part" or whatnot; sometimes, if you don't have a clue at all, they can be a bit vague. I haven't found any dialogue during these moments that's particularly noteworthy, though I haven't explored that much. I've had to forcefully take penalties to reach 2/5ths of the bar, so I could access these discussions in the first place, and the penalties get tiring after the first several times.

For those seeking a good laugh or two, not to worry! In places where you do have the luxury to waste time, the conversations turn out pretty silly or witty a lot of the time. Sometimes, you really have to wonder what goes on in these people's heads... including the protagonist. Besides, whenever Blacky plays with his psycho-manip powers, someone ends up screwing themselves over.

Thanks! So it sounds like the consultation only is available when you're really losing, then, so I doubt they'd put anything really interesting in the scenes. I'll avoid them. As for the case brief, that might be helpful if I don't play the game for a while then come back.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Ultimate Survivor

If this was asked before, I missed it or just plain forgot about it...

Are there any cases where you get punished for pressing irrelevant statements (a la Tigre in 3-3)? I'm really not good at those.

No big spoilers or anything, I'm just curious.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

I don't think so. This game is pretty easy on the penalties, but some of the options are worth taking penalties for.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

And I am expecting unlimited penalties... Pffft.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Ultimate Survivor

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I don't think so. This game is pretty easy on the penalties, but some of the options are worth taking penalties for.

Haha, that kind of makes me glad. I know some people have been saying the game is too easy on the whole, but truth is, I uh...kind of suck at Ace Attorney sometimes. I'm sure I'll be messing up.

I'll be looking forward to choosing some of the dumb options just to see what happens, too.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Of the following characters, who can be heard speaking in a cutscene:

Apollo, Edgeworth, Gaspen Payne, Klavier Gavin, Blackquill, Trucy, Pearl?

Please no story spoilers and please don't mention any other characters other than the ones above; just wondering who of the characters I'm thinking of we'll actually hear speaking. Thanks!

I believe it's everyone except for Trucy and Blackquill.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

linkenski wrote:

Well, Blackquill DOES speak in the 5/31 Nintendo Direct trailer, so just Trucy.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

aplab23207 wrote:
linkenski wrote:

I don't think he speaks in the actual game, though.

Mia Payne

ADA McCoy wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:
linkenski wrote:

I don't think he speaks in the actual game, though.

That is correct, he does not speak in the game

Well that sucks, I wanted to hear how he actually sounds in the English version.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Trucy, or rather, Minuki, speaks in the audio drama.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Mia Payne

fourtrass wrote:
Trucy, or rather, Minuki, speaks in the audio drama.

Your argument is invalid, as she did NOT speak IN THE GAME, and we certainly aren't getting the audio drama

ADA McCoy wrote:

Please no story spoilers and please don't mention any other characters other than the ones above; just wondering who of the characters I'm thinking of we'll actually hear speaking. Thanks!

Not to be rude, but I'm surprised you've questioned if Apollo would speak in a cutscene.

And fwiw, they all speak in the audio drama, regardless of relevance.

Mia Payne

ADA McCoy wrote:

Apollo, Edgeworth, Gaspen (1 line), Klavier, Pearl

Oh, are there gonna be 3D model'd cutscenes? (Like the ones in Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask.)

Mia Payne

BonnyMono wrote:
Oh, are there gonna be 3D model'd cutscenes? (Like the ones in Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask.)

If you mean in-engine cutscenes, no

2d animated with 3ds 3d, yes

Blizdi wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:

That's a relief. I didn't care much for the 3D miracle mask in-engine cutscenes. I kind of wondered why they didn't just animate them like the rest.

Godot's the Man

ADA McCoy wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:

That's a relief. I didn't care much for the 3D miracle mask in-engine cutscenes. I kind of wondered why they didn't just animate them like the rest.

What do you mean, they had 2d animated cutscenes with 3d in Layton as well?

Yeah, but he was talking about the in-engine cutscenes in Miracle Mask that used the in-game 3D models for cinematic cutscenes. Those were really amaturish and awkward to watch and luckily such things did not make it into either PLvPWAA or DD :-P

linkenski wrote:
Yeah, but he was talking about the in-engine cutscenes in Miracle Mask that used the in-game 3D models for cinematic cutscenes. Those were really amaturish and awkward to watch and luckily such things did not make it into either PLvPWAA or DD :-P

Yeah those were what I meant. It seems like they just through them in there just to show "we can do cutscenes with out engine!" but they were rarely used in the long run. The developers probably knew the animated cutscenes were much stronger visually.

Yeah I guess they thought they made for good transitions from scene-to-scene sometimes or that they were way cheaper to make than to set Bones on overtime. Either way, I'm glad they're out (I think they're out in Azran Legacies) as well?

Is the Quiz DLC that we are not getting canon or is it like the non-canon PLvsAA DLC? Please no story spoilers please.

Mia Payne

ADA McCoy wrote:
Is the Quiz DLC that we are not getting canon or is it like the non-canon PLvsAA DLC? Please no story spoilers please.

Not canon

Mia Payne

ADA McCoy wrote:

Not canon

Oh, does DD has alternate endings like in JFA? (No spoilers please.)

I believe there are 3 different endings, yes.
Page 21 of 29 [ 1153 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)