Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 25 of 29[ 1153 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 


Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Monkey with a gun

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Posts: 128

emimprov wrote:
Hotdiddykong wrote:
I just finished the first case

It was glorious

But i heard the second case's intro shows the killer

Is this true, and if it is, is it better off and more suspensful that i skip the intro?



Spoiler:
Yes, the second case intro does show the killer.
it's up to you whether you want to watch the intro or not; I watched it and still thoroughly enjoyed the case. The killer is also super obvious as soon as you meet them in-game regardless of the intro, like most of the killers in AA.


I see, I hope it's as enjoyable, I have a knack for case 2's, my favorite being turnabout Corner from Apollo so I hope ill be just as enjoyed as that.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Monkey with a gun

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Posts: 128

Bad Player wrote:
Hotdiddykong wrote:
I just finished the first case

It was glorious

But i heard the second case's intro shows the killer

Is this true, and if it is, is it better off and more suspensful that i skip the intro?

yes yes yes

A THOUSAND TIMES YES

SKIP IT, PLEAAAAAAAASE! :accordion-head:


Alright then, :D
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 803

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
How big is Pearl's role in the DLC?

One of the more important ones, actually.
Spoiler: broad details
Besides the Magatama business, she meets Ikuya at a particular time, finds a random piece of evidence that later becomes important, and later during the latter trial day, she helps out with giving Orla commands, as per Phoenix's instructions.

Innocent acts that somehow become crucial info. That's Pearl for ya.


Yay!
I'm glad Pearl is much more prominent in the DLC. :3

Also, how does the DLC stand compared to the rest of the game's cases?
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6441

Does anyone think capcom should have a DLC costume for wright with fulbright's outfit especially since
Spoiler:
they already have the sprite for it
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Puzzling Prosecutor

Gender: None specified

Location: Catalonia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:25 pm

Posts: 3

I just finished the game yesterday (which I really enjoyed, btw) and, well, this probably has been discussed already, but...
Spoiler:
During the credits, Simon talks with someone whose father is accused of something... my question is: Is that person supposed to be someone we know? I mean, I've been thinking about it but I don't really know, I feel like I'm missing something important....O'Conner maybe? And, well, I loved how Blackquill went there for Aura's defense
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Posts: 9

Where is the ladder vs. stepladder argument in this game?
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6441

3DSRed wrote:
Where is the ladder vs. stepladder argument in this game?


i was always wondering what is the
Spoiler:
ladders vs stepladders i always keep seeing people say
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Posts: 9

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
3DSRed wrote:
Where is the ladder vs. stepladder argument in this game?


i was always wondering what is the
Spoiler:
ladders vs stepladders i always keep seeing people say


In every game, there is at least one case that has a ladder i it. If investigated, the character you control gets into an argument with his partner whether it is a ladder or a stepladder.

http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Ladder_vs._stepladder
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6441

3DSRed wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
3DSRed wrote:
Where is the ladder vs. stepladder argument in this game?


i was always wondering what is the
Spoiler:
ladders vs stepladders i always keep seeing people say


In every game, there is at least one case that has a ladder i it. If investigated, the character you control gets into an argument with his partner whether it is a ladder or a stepladder.

http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Ladder_vs._stepladder


oh okie i feel stupid now xD i thought it was like a metaphor for something in the game :sillytrucy:
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
How big is Pearl's role in the DLC?

One of the more important ones, actually.
Spoiler: broad details
Besides the Magatama business, she meets Ikuya at a particular time, finds a random piece of evidence that later becomes important, and later during the latter trial day, she helps out with giving Orla commands, as per Phoenix's instructions.

Innocent acts that somehow become crucial info. That's Pearl for ya.


Yay!
I'm glad Pearl is much more prominent in the DLC. :3

Also, how does the DLC stand compared to the rest of the game's cases?

Welp, it's got everything from adorable singing pirate whale to Apollo as evidence dump, and Phoenix getting a haircut for once in-between. Plus, some of these new characters are so fun... and funny.

And yet, for all its fun, it's one of the most tragic cases to unravel. Quite touching in more ways than one.

...I guess I can sort of slyly add that luminol and 3D examination return. (No, Ema doesn't show up.)

Oh, now that I recall, there is a time to talk with Trucy in this case. It's just for a little while, and she shows up again at the end. (So, technically, Trucy appears in all the cases except for the first one. She's usually at the office, so reroute your investigations, folks.)

...So, yeah. It's a good case.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1586

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
...I guess I can sort of slyly add that luminol and 3D examination return. (No, Ema doesn't show up.)


Is it a really short, one-time thing like in GK2 or is it more like 1-2's level of it? (I assume it isn't like 1-5's frequent use of these things.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

One-time thing for each. Sadly, the luminol segment is not interactive; Phoenix just knows where to spray (or that he sprays everywhere). The 3D examination, though, is present during a trial, not investigation day.
Spoiler: 5-5
Yeah, it's another moment like when you're checking the lighter.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Godot's the Man

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Posts: 88

Just started Case 3, and Juniper personality is completely different than her personality in Case 1. If it wasn't for her name, I would swear that they were different characters.
So is this ever explained? No details, just a yes or no.
Image
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Posts: 508

Yes, it was explained not too far into the case.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Godot's the Man

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Posts: 88

BonnyMono wrote:
Yes, it was explained not too far into the case.

Is it that she has to put on a strong personality because shes the president of student council, because that's all I got so far? That really doesn't cut it, I mean her personality is just so radically different in Case 1.
Image
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

It's explained more later in that case. There's a lot of things she's keeping pent up inside.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6441

i just realized something that bothers me abit but
Spoiler: Phantom
How did Athena's mom ever get a psychological exam result from the phantom?
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Posts: 508

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
i just realized something that bothers me abit but
Spoiler: Phantom
How did Athena's mom ever get a psychological exam result from the phantom?

Spoiler:
She probably got it when Mr. Nameless was blackmailing Yuri Cosmos.

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6441

BonnyMono wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
i just realized something that bothers me abit but
Spoiler: Phantom
How did Athena's mom ever get a psychological exam result from the phantom?

Spoiler:
She probably got it when Mr. Nameless was blackmailing Yuri Cosmos.


Spoiler:
wouldn't she have to personally have him in the flesh to do the test unless she did it through the phone
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION!

Gender: Female

Location: Wayne, NJ

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Posts: 44

3DSRed wrote:
Where is the ladder vs. stepladder argument in this game?


Case 2.
Image Dual Destinies has rekindled my love for this fandom.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION!

Gender: Female

Location: Wayne, NJ

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Posts: 44

3DSRed wrote:
Where is the ladder vs. stepladder argument in this game?


Case 2
Image Dual Destinies has rekindled my love for this fandom.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

Objection!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:51 am

Posts: 56

Does the DLC case have a thought route? Case 1 and 4 didn't have one, and I was pretty bummed about that; pretty much the most shivers-down-spine-"OH-MY-GOD"-revelation moments in the game. I absolutely dig the Thought Route mechanic!

Spoiler: 5-5
For instance, when "ATHENA STABBED THE REAL CULPRIT" appeared on screen, along with a mighty WHAM, in big, bold, black letters - and especially the perfect silence that followed after? It's been a while since my spine has received that much of a shiver.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

Objection!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:51 am

Posts: 56

Bad Player wrote:
yes yes yes

A THOUSAND TIMES YES

SKIP IT, PLEAAAAAAAASE! :accordion-head:


Uh, why, exactly? It's not really a secret or mystery in any way that
Spoiler: 5-2
L'belle is the killer.

I think that even without the intro, you'd figure out the killer the exact moment you first cross paths with them.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

ThePaSch wrote:
Does the DLC case have a thought route? Case 1 and 4 didn't have one, and I was pretty bummed about that; pretty much the most shivers-down-spine-"OH-MY-GOD"-revelation moments in the game. I absolutely dig the Thought Route mechanic!

Spoiler: 5-5
For instance, when "ATHENA STABBED THE REAL CULPRIT" appeared on screen, along with a mighty WHAM, in big, bold, black letters - and especially the perfect silence that followed after? It's been a while since my spine has received that much of a shiver.

Yes.

ThePaSch wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
yes yes yes

A THOUSAND TIMES YES

SKIP IT, PLEAAAAAAAASE! :accordion-head:


Uh, why, exactly? It's not really a secret or mystery in any way that
Spoiler: 5-2
L'belle is the killer.

I think that even without the intro, you'd figure out the killer the exact moment you first cross paths with them.

It ruins the entire premise of
Spoiler:
a demon killing a person when it's actually a human, thus rendering the entire argument that a demon could have been a possible suspect moot. Then again, no one could believe what the defense was daring to spout.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1636

I think it's good that it clarifies right away that the monster-killing is bollocks. I can see why some in-world characters might believe that, but no player would actually be in doubt about it.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Posts: 131

linkenski wrote:
I think it's good that it clarifies right away that the monster-killing is bollocks. I can see why some in-world characters might believe that, but no player would actually be in doubt about it.
Still didn't stop someone from attempting murder from beyond the grave in a previous title.

But on the other hand, I'm glad it wasn't anything supernatural to begin with in this game.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Image
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Posts: 508

Is there a "Turnabout Reclaimed - End"? Just like the two ending themes in the first game (Gyakuten Saiban - End, and Rise from the Ashes - End). So basically, it's a different one from "Gyakuten Saiban 5 - End"
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6931

linkenski wrote:
I think it's good that it clarifies right away that the monster-killing is bollocks. I can see why some in-world characters might believe that, but no player would actually be in doubt about it.

Late, but even if it's super-obvious to the player, it still demolishes the theme of the case before it's even begun.
Spoiler: 5-2
Why bother make a "The victim was murdered by a demon!" locked room if you're going to show that it was a human at the very start?


To reiterate, the fact that it's obvious to the player is irrelevant. The important thing is the theme of the case.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

BonnyMono wrote:
Is there a "Turnabout Reclaimed - End"? Just like the two ending themes in the first game (Gyakuten Saiban - End, and Rise from the Ashes - End). So basically, it's a different one from "Gyakuten Saiban 5 - End"

Nah, the last piece of music that plays in that case is "Won the Case ~ Everyone's Victory". By the "credits sequence", there's no music playing.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Posts: 2

Greetings all!
I have an odd and very specific inquiry that I am hoping to shed some light on.
The subject involves one Mr. Ted Tonate (obviously the most delightful secondary character to ever grace the series) and the Japanese version of the game. As such, I will require a respondent who has either played or is otherwise knowledgeable about the contents of the game in it's native language to confirm for me.

Spoiler: Question! Obviously spoilers for 5-1 and possibly 5-5
So... In the English localization of the game, Mr. Tonate's implied motive for stealing bombs is to sell them on the black market. However I was looking at the profile on this site, and in Tonate's spoiler tag, it states that he steals bombs to keep in a private collection because he is so passionate about.
Now, I know any site can be prone to errors, but this seems like it could be a legit holdover from information sourced from the Japanese release. What I NEED to know is if this is true or not. Was Barashima Shingo's affection for mechanics/bombs the sole intention in his thefts? Can I get a direct translation of his confession?

If this is true, it actually changes his character a bit and makes a heck of a lot more sense! In fact, it actually makes me appreciate him even more than I already have, which I thought impossible! One of my biggest questions about the character was: What kind of factors would play in his life where he would be so desperate for money to sell the bombs when it is even evidenced in the localization that he has a fixation with, and longing desire for them. This would sure clear it up, but it really makes me wonder why they'd change a detail like that even though it's obvious he's completely enamored with the HH-3000.
Think about it - He finds it regrettable he couldn't replicate the detonation mechanism and it's sexy puzzling wiring. - His whole bluff about having the HH-3000 involved him stealing it because he was obsessed with it's unique properties. "I just had to have it" - He gets adorably excited in the most geeky way when shown the photo of the fragments of the bomb's components...wishing he could have them. It's all right there. Please tell me it's true.

Another thing I found odd was the Judge had him arrested on suspicion of the courtroom bombing and the assault on Mr. Justice, but said nothing about the murder of Candice Arme. Is the localization missing something here, or am I?

If anyone could help out I'd be forever grateful. Sorry if I'm incredibly wordy and boring but this is just something that, like Tonate, I am very passionate about.
Thanks, guys!
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6931

L10015R wrote:
Greetings all!
I have an odd and very specific inquiry that I am hoping to shed some light on.
The subject involves one Mr. Ted Tonate (obviously the most delightful secondary character to ever grace the series) and the Japanese version of the game. As such, I will require a respondent who has either played or is otherwise knowledgeable about the contents of the game in it's native language to confirm for me.

Spoiler: Question! Obviously spoilers for 5-1 and possibly 5-5
So... In the English localization of the game, Mr. Tonate's implied motive for stealing bombs is to sell them on the black market. However I was looking at the profile on this site, and in Tonate's spoiler tag, it states that he steals bombs to keep in a private collection because he is so passionate about.
Now, I know any site can be prone to errors, but this seems like it could be a legit holdover from information sourced from the Japanese release. What I NEED to know is if this is true or not. Was Barashima Shingo's affection for mechanics/bombs the sole intention in his thefts? Can I get a direct translation of his confession?

If this is true, it actually changes his character a bit and makes a heck of a lot more sense! In fact, it actually makes me appreciate him even more than I already have, which I thought impossible! One of my biggest questions about the character was: What kind of factors would play in his life where he would be so desperate for money to sell the bombs when it is even evidenced in the localization that he has a fixation with, and longing desire for them. This would sure clear it up, but it really makes me wonder why they'd change a detail like that even though it's obvious he's completely enamored with the HH-3000.
Think about it - He finds it regrettable he couldn't replicate the detonation mechanism and it's sexy puzzling wiring. - His whole bluff about having the HH-3000 involved him stealing it because he was obsessed with it's unique properties. "I just had to have it" - He gets adorably excited in the most geeky way when shown the photo of the fragments of the bomb's components...wishing he could have them. It's all right there. Please tell me it's true.

Another thing I found odd was the Judge had him arrested on suspicion of the courtroom bombing and the assault on Mr. Justice, but said nothing about the murder of Candice Arme. Is the localization missing something here, or am I?

If anyone could help out I'd be forever grateful. Sorry if I'm incredibly wordy and boring but this is just something that, like Tonate, I am very passionate about.
Thanks, guys!

Spoiler:
He was selling them on the black market in the Japanese version too, IIRC.

I didn't play with a dictionary and don't remember in really great detail, but that's my hunch. Rubia/Ash/Bolt/whoever can correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Posts: 2

Bad Player wrote:
I didn't play with a dictionary and don't remember in really great detail, but that's my hunch. Rubia/Ash/Bolt/whoever can correct me if I'm wrong.


Thanks for the quick reply anyway! I actually didn't expect anyone to remember the kind of details I'm interested in, but I figured doesn't hurt to ask. I'd be happy to get some decisive evidence though.

Spoiler:
There are a lot of odd inconsistencies about Tonate and his situation that are driving me crazy.
Well, looks like I'm potentially back to square one. It's the curse of falling in love with a character that isn't meant to be examined so thoroughly...
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

Bad Player wrote:
L10015R wrote:
Greetings all!
I have an odd and very specific inquiry that I am hoping to shed some light on.
The subject involves one Mr. Ted Tonate (obviously the most delightful secondary character to ever grace the series) and the Japanese version of the game. As such, I will require a respondent who has either played or is otherwise knowledgeable about the contents of the game in it's native language to confirm for me.

Spoiler: Question! Obviously spoilers for 5-1 and possibly 5-5
So... In the English localization of the game, Mr. Tonate's implied motive for stealing bombs is to sell them on the black market. However I was looking at the profile on this site, and in Tonate's spoiler tag, it states that he steals bombs to keep in a private collection because he is so passionate about.
Now, I know any site can be prone to errors, but this seems like it could be a legit holdover from information sourced from the Japanese release. What I NEED to know is if this is true or not. Was Barashima Shingo's affection for mechanics/bombs the sole intention in his thefts? Can I get a direct translation of his confession?

If this is true, it actually changes his character a bit and makes a heck of a lot more sense! In fact, it actually makes me appreciate him even more than I already have, which I thought impossible! One of my biggest questions about the character was: What kind of factors would play in his life where he would be so desperate for money to sell the bombs when it is even evidenced in the localization that he has a fixation with, and longing desire for them. This would sure clear it up, but it really makes me wonder why they'd change a detail like that even though it's obvious he's completely enamored with the HH-3000.
Think about it - He finds it regrettable he couldn't replicate the detonation mechanism and it's sexy puzzling wiring. - His whole bluff about having the HH-3000 involved him stealing it because he was obsessed with it's unique properties. "I just had to have it" - He gets adorably excited in the most geeky way when shown the photo of the fragments of the bomb's components...wishing he could have them. It's all right there. Please tell me it's true.

Another thing I found odd was the Judge had him arrested on suspicion of the courtroom bombing and the assault on Mr. Justice, but said nothing about the murder of Candice Arme. Is the localization missing something here, or am I?

If anyone could help out I'd be forever grateful. Sorry if I'm incredibly wordy and boring but this is just something that, like Tonate, I am very passionate about.
Thanks, guys!

Spoiler:
He was selling them on the black market in the Japanese version too, IIRC.

I didn't play with a dictionary and don't remember in really great detail, but that's my hunch. Rubia/Ash/Bolt/whoever can correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, it's the same. The localization rarely changes the script during confession scenes, since there's no need to.
I know it wouldn't really matter, but yaaaaaay! I feel like an honored translator!
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:43 am

Posts: 2

Spoiler: Case 5-3
1. How did no one else see that Means was missing from the balcony? Only Hugh seems to have spotted him, but the assembly hall has stadium seating, meaning Hugh is at the bottom! The only person in a worse position to see Means' balcony is Robin. Juniper, at least, should have noticed that neither of her judges were actually watching the trial as she ran back and forth through the seats!


Spoiler: Case 5-5
Athena's knife (and its bloody DNA evidence) goes entirely unaccounted for in the final mix-up, doesn't it? Where did that end up?
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

Blackdrazon wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5-3
1. How did no one else see that Means was missing from the balcony? Only Hugh seems to have spotted him, but the assembly hall has stadium seating, meaning Hugh is at the bottom! The only person in a worse position to see Means' balcony is Robin. Juniper, at least, should have noticed that neither of her judges were actually watching the trial as she ran back and forth through the seats!


Spoiler: Case 5-5
Athena's knife (and its bloody DNA evidence) goes entirely unaccounted for in the final mix-up, doesn't it? Where did that end up?

Spoiler: 5-3
Who knows, maybe the mock trial was just that hectic. The entitled "genius" was getting his butt kicked, after all. I suppose Hugh's eyes just wandered up there at some point.


Spoiler: 5-5
It's assumed the spy disposed of it somewhere. Where that is, is never explained.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6931

Blackdrazon wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5-3
1. How did no one else see that Means was missing from the balcony? Only Hugh seems to have spotted him, but the assembly hall has stadium seating, meaning Hugh is at the bottom! The only person in a worse position to see Means' balcony is Robin. Juniper, at least, should have noticed that neither of her judges were actually watching the trial as she ran back and forth through the seats!

Spoiler:
I think you can explain this if Means was in a private "box". In other words, it had three walls, with the fourth one opening out to view the stage. If it were like that, then the people to the "side" of the box (the audience) wouldn't be able to see it; the only person who would be able to see into it was the person standing across from it, Hugh.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

The King of All

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am

Posts: 566

A question to anyone who has finished the game: how good is it compared to other games in the series?
The king of all, Sir Duke
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:43 am

Posts: 2

Yeah, between the two of you I buy the Case 5-3, thing, though I think

Spoiler: Case 5-3
there are still some people in the gallery with a similar view to Hugh, even if they didn't see any need to look up. Who really looks at a teacher during a speech? Between the points you've both brought up, though, I think that minimizes the number of people.


As for 5-5, something else occurred to me:

Spoiler: Case 5-5
Maybe it was also in the capsule, but the game devs didn't draw attention to it because the only thing you could prove was the moon rocks?


Deadpool 9 wrote:
A question to anyone who has finished the game: how good is it compared to other games in the series?


I liked it maybe second or third. The DLC will also make it longer than most, which is going to be a nice bonus.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Puzzling Prosecutor

Gender: None specified

Location: Catalonia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:25 pm

Posts: 3

So, in the Japanese version, Fulbright just said "Justice!" instead of "In justice we trust!"?

Also...
Spoiler: Case 5-5
About Athena's knife, I always thought it was the same knife which killed Terran...


Last edited by Klonos Heart on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6931

Klonos Heart wrote:
So, in the Japanese version, Fulbright just said "Justice!" instead of "In justice we trust!"?

Yup.

He directly says "Justice!", though--not the Japanese word for justice.
Page 25 of 29 [ 1153 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO