Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 38 posts ]

Are you ready to guess the English VA's?Topic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I was BORN ready! These are the ones I came up with so far:

Simon Blackquill: Liam O'Brien
Gaspen Payne: Dee Bradley Baker

If you have others, post them here.

And here are the officials:

Phoenix Wright: Sam Riegel
Apollo Justice: Orion Acaba
Athena Cykes: Wendee Lee
Bobby Fulbright: Dave B. Mitchell
Klavier Gavin: Yuri Lowenthal
Miles Edgeworth: Kyle Hebert
Judge: Dave B. Mitchell
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Re: Are you ready to guess the English VA's?Topic%20Title

Ultimate Survivor

Laura Bailey I could see as Athena. Though I thought I saw some speculation on GameFAQS that Wendee Lee might be voicing her? (She was Clover in Virtue's Last Reward.) In any case, I have no idea if they got that from any official source. I think they were just going by her "Hold it!" voice clip in one of the English trailers.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

emimprov wrote:
Laura Bailey I could see as Athena. Though I thought I saw some speculation on GameFAQS that Wendee Lee might be voicing her? (She was Clover in Virtue's Last Reward.) In any case, I have no idea if they got that from any official source. I think they were just going by her "Hold it!" voice clip in one of the English trailers.

:objection: But do you have proof that it's true?!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I have to admit, I think that "hold it" voice clip from the trailer did sound much more like Laura Bailey than Wendee Lee. I don't know, but Wendee Lee has a much more edgyness to her voice or something, for the lack of a better term.

I do not think Bradley Baker would be a good choice though, and people have suggested Liam 'O Brien too. I don't really want Edgeworth's voice to become too deep. It needs to middle-range, posh-sounding and soft.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Ultimate Survivor

aplab23207 wrote:
emimprov wrote:

:objection: But do you have proof that it's true?!

Welp, after re-reading the post again on GameFAQs and doing a quick search, it doesn't seem like there's any official word on her voice actress. Like I said, it seems to be pure speculation at the moment.

Anyway, I don't know too many voice actors, nor do I know which characters (beyond the obvious ones) are actually getting voiced, either in cutscenes or in court. I would also prefer Edgeworth's voice not to be deep, though. I wonder what Fulbright's voice will be like...none of the VAs I know of seem to fit the "big" voice I imagine him having.

Ultimate Survivor

linkenski wrote:
I do not think Bradley Baker would be a good choice though, and people have suggested Liam 'O Brien too. I don't really want Edgeworth's voice to become too deep. It needs to middle-range, posh-sounding and soft.

Hmm. How about Travis Willingham? He voiced Theodore in Persona 3 and K in Virtue's Last Reward, and he's got a pretty suave voice.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Well, Daniel Southworth DID voice Vergil in UMvC3, so I chose him for Payne, Similarly, Laura Bailey voiced Chun-Li in the same game, as well as other games after Street Fighter IV.

earthlings on fire

IF J MICHAEL TATUM VOICED EDGEWORTH I WOULD DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Cravat of Doom wrote:
IF J MICHAEL TATUM VOICED EDGEWORTH I WOULD DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN.

Wow, So many people guessed Orion Acaba for Justice, Laura Bailey for Athena, and now Liam O'Brien for Edgeworth. I think O'Brien would be a good Edgeworth. Yes, I changed my guess.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

BTW, I chose Mark Lund for Klavier because he voiced Falco in Star Fox 64 3D. I listened to Falco's lines, and Lund seemed like a good actor for Klavier.

You can now hear Blackquill's "Silence!" soundclip in the DEMO PV trailer. It sounds... not like I expected, but I didn't like his Objection to begin with either so I'll get used to it.

Maybe someone can better determine who his VA is now? The clip sounded like it was in lower quality... I'm starting to wonder if he actually has a real VA.

Ultimate Survivor

linkenski wrote:
You can now hear Blackquill's "Silence!" soundclip in the DEMO PV trailer. It sounds... not like I expected, but I didn't like his Objection to begin with either so I'll get used to it.

Maybe someone can better determine who his VA is now? The clip sounded like it was in lower quality... I'm starting to wonder if he actually has a real VA.

I kind of doubt it, unfortunately, especially since Blackquill apparently doesn't speak during any of the animated cutscenes. He probably doesn't have a "proper" professional VA.

In any case, if his VA IS someone who has done other stuff, I couldn't match him to anyone I'm familiar with.

I wish I WERE the best.

Wait, has it been confirmed that Wendee Lee is Athena's voice actor? Or is that just speculation based on the footage we've seen so far?

I thought she sounded more like Laura Bailey at first, but after hearing her lines in the demo a couple of times I think it's pretty safe to say it's Wendee Lee, and it would also be such an obvious pick since the role she's mostly known for, Haruhi, is also such a perky teen like Athena.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

linkenski wrote:
I thought she sounded more like Laura Bailey at first, but after hearing her lines in the demo a couple of times I think it's pretty safe to say it's Wendee Lee, and it would also be such an obvious pick since the role she's mostly known for, Haruhi, is also such a perky teen like Athena.

Yeah, same here. Now we need to guess Simon Blackquill. Who do you think he sounds like?

Ultimate Survivor

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Wait, has it been confirmed that Wendee Lee is Athena's voice actor? Or is that just speculation based on the footage we've seen so far?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... ish-Voices

Looks like it's official, yes.

Ultimate Survivor

I have no idea who Blackquill sounds like, but after reading that localization article on Capcom Unity, I think Blackquill's voice fits him quite well (I, like others, was not a huge fan of his "Objection!" when I first heard it). It's interesting that they're going full Victorian route with him - when I saw his character art, I thought his suit (well, the clothing he wears underneath the jacket) looked oddly 19th century.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

emimprov wrote:
I have no idea who Blackquill sounds like, but after reading that localization article on Capcom Unity, I think Blackquill's voice fits him quite well (I, like others, was not a huge fan of his "Objection!" when I first heard it). It's interesting that they're going full Victorian route with him - when I saw his character art, I thought his suit (well, the clothing he wears underneath the jacket) looked oddly 19th century.

He is based on a Meiji era fighter - but with just a bit more Western appeal. So, he's kind of a mix of both Meiji and Victorian.

...They say he's a walking contradiction anyway.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
emimprov wrote:

He is based on a Meiji era fighter - but with just a bit more Western appeal. So, he's kind of a mix of both Meiji and Victorian.

...They say he's a walking contradiction anyway.

I asked about his VA.

And I was merely pointing out that those "19th century" designs are done so for a particular reason.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Well, has anyone been able to identify Blackquill?

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

OK, forget every character's voice actors. I want to know who is voice acting this thing:

I could call it Athena's cleavage but I dunno...
Edit: His name is Widget, I am sorry.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

GLaDOS' child son.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

BonnyMono wrote:
OK, forget every character's voice actors. I want to know who is voice acting this thing:

I could call it Athena's cleavage but I dunno...
Edit: His name is Widget, I am sorry.

I was kinda guessing it was also Wendee Lee. It sounds like her voice when she high-pitches it.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Yeah, but what about Blackquill's voice? Anyone?

Well, the game's coming out soon, I think it'd be pointless to guess Simon's voice early.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

BonnyMono wrote:
Well, the game's coming out soon, I think it'd be pointless to guess Simon's voice early.

Pointless? Then what's this thread for?

C'mon guys! It's a race against time before we can see the actual credits! Keep searching! :minuki:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

linkenski wrote:
C'mon guys! It's a race against time before we can see the actual credits! Keep searching! :minuki:

Well, have you guessed Blackquill's voice yet?

Now that we have the game, does anyone know who is voicing Gaspen Payne? I'm playing the first case now and it sounds a lot like Derek Stephen Prince... but I'm not sure.

Now that the trailer is up on youtube, you guys should probably be able to easier figure it out. It's the same as the Nintendo Direct 31/5 trailer, but with english voices (obviously)

Unobjectionable

Kyle Hebert, voice of Ryu in all media since Street Fighter 4, Gohan and the Narrator in DBZ, and tons of other characters, is officially the voice of Edgeworth. This one comes straight from the horse's (or rather, prosecutor's) mouth.

Cyberlink420 wrote:
Kyle Hebert, voice of Ryu in all media since Street Fighter 4, Gohan and the Narrator in DBZ, and tons of other characters, is officially the voice of Edgeworth. This one comes straight from the horse's (or rather, prosecutor's) mouth.

Whoa, whoa! Edgeworth is Kamina?

...Gurren Lagann x Ace Attorney is still best random crossover ever, aside from PLvsAA.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

ATTENTION: Klavier Gavin's VA was identified as Yuri Lowenthal.

Wotter boy

aplab23207 wrote:

Source?

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:

Source?

Either the credits or the AAwiki site.

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

I didn't see a Cast for the credits for some reason. Maybe I perhaps missed it, but I don't feel that's likely.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Well, that's too bad. And I thought the Judge sounded like Tenzin from LoK. Anyone else think that he's voiced by J.K. Simmons?
Page 1 of 1 [ 38 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)