Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 25 posts ]

Bought a 3ds just for this game...Topic%20Title

New Adventurer

It comes in the mail Monday...

Worth the purchase or will I be disappointed?

I figured better to make this thread than jump into another one and possibly run into spoilers

of course I'll get other games, as there are ones I've wanted to play, but none bad enough to actually get me to buy the 3ds. If it weren't for this one, I wouldn't have bought it (also getting sequel to 999, pokemans, project x zone, animal crossing, etc. etc.)
Re: Bought a 3ds just for this game...Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Sure thing its great. I'd recommend fire emblem.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Cream Soda wrote:

I figured better to make this thread than jump into another one and possibly run into spoilers

of course I'll get other games, as there are ones I've wanted to play, but none bad enough to actually get me to buy the 3ds. If it weren't for this one, I wouldn't have bought it (also getting sequel to 999, pokemans, project x zone, animal crossing, etc. etc.)

Well, I haven't played it yet, but I've been reading reviews and impressions.

I'd say the majority of the discussion is very positive. There are a few issues (mostly typos) but people in general say it's one of the best, if not the best of the series. My advice is don't come with really high expectations; it could be amazing, but it might be just "good", so just play it with an open mind and I bet you'll really enjoy it. And if for some reason you don't, you might at first feel like you shouldn't have bought a 3DS but that will only last until you find another game that you love on the system.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

In Justice We Trust

It's a very good game. I won't call it incredible, but I certainly don't regret buying it. Just make sure your 3DS has a reliable connection; my copy failed to download the first time due to interference and took at least half an hour to download successfully when I tried a second time.
I'll always love you, Max.

Bought a 3DS XL on Friday purely for this game. Was going to wait until next week to actually play it though so I could get some Animal Crossing played but look what happened

woops

I wanted to get Pokemon X too but at the moment I'm pissed off that it's £40 when DD is only £20.

I really hope DD is everything I want it to be.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Gettin' Old!

Louise wrote:
Bought a 3DS XL on Friday purely for this game. Was going to wait until next week to actually play it though so I could get some Animal Crossing played but look what happened

woops

I wanted to get Pokemon X too but at the moment I'm pissed off that it's £40 when DD is only £20.

I really hope DD is everything I want it to be.

Yaye most Nintendo first-party games are really rigid in price and they don't drop easy :yuusaku:

Just a warning though Louise, £40 is the standard for new games on the market. DD is an exception to the rule :yuusaku:

Also that colour looks really nice, purple 3DS? Didn't even know those were about.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Yaye most Nintendo first-party games are really rigid in price and they don't drop easy :yuusaku:

Just a warning though Louise, £40 is the standard for new games on the market. DD is an exception to the rule :yuusaku:

Also that colour looks really nice, purple 3DS? Didn't even know those were about.

Hmm this is going to be tough for a stingy sod like me!

It's pink, the last pink one they had in Argos on Friday :D I originally wanted the Pikachu special edition one but they are currently going for £235-£250 -____-
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Gettin' Old!

Louise wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Hmm this is going to be tough for a stingy sod like me!

It's pink, the last pink one they had in Argos on Friday :D I originally wanted the Pikachu special edition one but they are currently going for £235-£250 -____-

Yeah I thought the pokemon special edition ones we got here were a bit of a sham anyway. I mean I don't like pikachu but that aside, from what I've seen most special edition 3DS's came with a game installed on them like the Fire Emblem one, the Monster Hunter one, etc. The Pokemon ones come with nothing on it to justify the extra price hike :yuusaku:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Cream Soda wrote:

Buy Fire Emblem: Awakening. It combines hilarious characters with fantastic gameplay. Although the story is cliché, it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would since the rest of the game is just awesome. And that's saying a lot, since I'm a man who really loves a good story.

It's the best game I've bought since Dragon Age: Origins. (Fun fact, its expansion is titled 'Awakening'.)

The truth will see you free~

I asked my Mom to buy the 3DS mainly for this reason too. I could've just asked for a regular DS but when it was announced that AA5 was going to be released on the 3DS platform, I just had to get it no matter what. It cost us pretty well too since we don't live in the US. The additional taxes when you order something makes your pockets quite heavy. :edgeworth:

The game is worth it though! I really had fun playing it non-stop. Though I believe there were a typos and grammar mistakes, the cutscenes and additional features even it out. I would've liked it if they kept some of the "investigation" features more.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Had I not already had a 3DS for other reasons, this would have tipped the scale for sure.

I said long ago that an Ace Attorney game coming to 3DS would certainly get me on board.

Trick & Logic

Hmm a really tough decision.
I bought my 3ds 2 years ago because I didn't had a DS. I just wanted to play some pokemon games and so I didn't see why I should buy a normal DS instead of the 3ds. Well I don't regret it actually because you can play the old games, too... But if you had a normal DS... I wouldn't buy it actually for this game only no matter how good a game is. There have to be at least 3 to 5 games I would like to play for a System.
The only time a lawyer can cry is when its all over.
~ Godot

~ You know you love somebody, when this person makes you smile everytime. Even when this person just broke your heart.

My name is Judge.

Yes. I specifically bought my 3DS XL for the purpose of playing AA5. There are other games that I have bought because owning a 3DS now allows me to play them (Virtue's Last Reward, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, etc. etc.) but none of them compelled me to buy a 3DS like this game did, and I can tell you it's 100% worth it.

It's an excellent entry into the Ace Attorney series, one that, honestly, we probably should have gotten instead of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. While I won't say it's perfect, or even the best Ace Attorney game, I'll say it's a close second and any Ace Attorney fan worth their salt will have it.

I bought my 3DS XL specifically for AA. I bought it almost a year ago, way in advance. I did get VLR and PL to tide me over. Still haven't got around to finishing them, though. :ron:

The truth will see you free~

Sorry if this is off-topic but...

Is Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask any good?

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

char13happy wrote:
Sorry if this is off-topic but...

Is Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask any good?

I enjoyed it. I didn't care for it as much as The Last Specter, but it was still fun. Keep in mind though, that I'm actually not a big fan of Layton's puzzles/gameplay style; I mainly play Layton games for the plot and it wasn't as interesting to me as Last Specter was. So if you just really love Layton puzzles, then you should enjoy this game as much as any other installment in the series.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

My name is Judge.

Miracle Mask is an excellent game, one I personally believe even outdoes Unwoud Future. The story is interesting and heart affecting, and the puzzles are great, plus the music is fabulous, a vast improvement on the previous entry, and the models are a great way to experience Layton.

machinimator

Same here! Bought a 3DS XL specifically for this. I ended up also getting Luigi's Mansion, and will likely get Fire Emblem, but I even tried to time my purchase close to the AA5 release date, so that Nintendo/Capcom would see an inventory sale spike and get the picture. =p

I just finished the game yesterday, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Did not disappoint.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

All shall bow before the mighty Godog!!!

Good to know I'm not the only one who bought a 3DS XL solely for this game. I ended up getting Animal Crossing as well.
I beat the game a couple days ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well worth the money and the wait. I'm so excited for Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney as well!

The Twisted Samurai

jjaystar wrote:
Good to know I'm not the only one who bought a 3DS XL solely for this game. I ended up getting Animal Crossing as well.
I beat the game a couple days ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well worth the money and the wait. I'm so excited for Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney as well!

Before I knew of GS 5 coming to Europe, I didn't even consider to get a 3DS and thought it a stupid handheld and all that stuff.

But right the moment I heard GS 5 would FINALLY be release, all doubts were cast away and I put everything in motion to get a 3DS XL.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Replay always!

Same here :maya: I also bought a 3ds, my very first handheld console, just for AA5. But before the purpose of my purchase was fulfilled (when AA5 was finally released), I went and got hooked into other games as well (MH3U, Kid Icarus, FE:Awakening, HM: AToTT).

If it wasn't for AA, I wouldn't have had the motivation to buy and experience handheld console gaming. :acro:

Gettin' Old!

Clarilune wrote:
Same here :maya: I also bought a 3ds, my very first handheld console, just for AA5. But before the purpose of my purchase was fulfilled (when AA5 was finally released), I went and got hooked into other games as well (MH3U, Kid Icarus, FE:Awakening, HM: AToTT).

If it wasn't for AA, I wouldn't have had the motivation to buy and experience handheld console gaming. :acro:

Well that's great you are getting into Handheld gaming!

I take it you checked out the other AA's via emulator or on a tablet or iphone or something then?
It's always good to meet another Monster Hunter though, hope you enjoy the games.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Replay always!

Pierre wrote:
Clarilune wrote:

I take it you checked out the other AA's via emulator or on a tablet or iphone or something then?
It's always good to meet another Monster Hunter though, hope you enjoy the games.

I played all the other AAs via emulator; still haven't finished with the Investigations though.. oh boy, those were the days (staying up till early morning because I will not rest until my client walks free!).

Yes, gaming is so amazing...! :maya: Nice to meet a fellow hunter too! Just out of curiosity, how long have you been playing Monster Hunter? My playtime has decreased because I'm currently hooked on Theatrhythm :D

Gettin' Old!

Clarilune wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Clarilune wrote:

I played all the other AAs via emulator; still haven't finished with the Investigations though.. oh boy, those were the days (staying up till early morning because I will not rest until my client walks free!).

Yes, gaming is so amazing...! :maya: Nice to meet a fellow hunter too! Just out of curiosity, how long have you been playing Monster Hunter? My playtime has decreased because I'm currently hooked on Theatrhythm :D

Hmmm dunno let me check. I clocked 230 hours on MH3U 3DS, probably the same on MHTri, more than that on MHFU.
Theatrhythm is also awesome XD I got way more playtime out of that than I expected.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Expert bluffer

I bought my 3DS XL for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, but then I was also sidetracked with Fire Emblem: Awakening. I actually completely forgot about Dual Destinies until three weeks before its release. I then bought it the next week after (seeing as I personally do not have wi-fi) and while I think it isn't the BEST AA game, it was well worth it. The graphics and soundtrack alone are amazing, so I wasn't disappointed myself.
Everyone has their own complaints, of course.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

Page 1 of 1 [ 25 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)