Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 7[ 260 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Dual Destinies Pairing thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I noticed this while playing the game. Here's what I found:

Spoiler: ApolloXJuniper (Junipollo)
Every time Juniper talks about Apollo in Case 1 and at the end of Case 3.

Spoiler: AthenaXBlackquill (Cykesquill)
After Blackquill admits the truth in Case 5. He even admits it HIMSELF! However, I think he is just acting like a big brother to Athena, not like the whole "princess and knight-in-shining-armor" (or in this case, black jinbaori) thing when she was a little girl.

Spoiler: ApolloXAthena (Justicykes)
After the first part of the trial in Case 5, Athena says that she was really moved by what Apollo did. Also, Apollo wanted to have faith in Athena, after the seed of doubt got the best of him. BTW, I myself am a Justicykes shipper.

Moderator Note: To confirm, this thread is being made open to all pairings, same-sex pairings included.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Possible hints of pairings (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Just a fellow PW fan!

I could see something forming between Apollo and Juniper. At least it could be used as an Edgeworth/Oldbag relationship, considering Juniper is an important character in Athena's life and so she'll likely stick around as long as Athena does.

The cape is self-fluttering

Kav wrote:
I could see something forming between Apollo and Juniper. At least it could be used as an Edgeworth/Oldbag relationship, considering Juniper is an important character in Athena's life and so she'll likely stick around as long as Athena does.

Well, at least Apollo isn't anywhere near as repulsed by Juniper as Edgeworth is by Oldbag. :apollo:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

I think we need to talk about Aura Blackquill and Metis Cykes.
Spoiler: case 5
-they worked together to make the perfect robotics
-Aura has a picture of Metis still on her desk
-Robots refer to Metis as mommy metis (and used to call Aura mama, before she forced them to stop because she was so distraught with Metis' death)
-mad at Athena most likely because she suspected her of Metis' murder/competition for her love?
-gets emotional about Metis

I could go on and on, I basically shipped it right off the bat.

Art Person

MaimJay wrote:

Spoiler: Case 5
'nuff said.

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

I'll admit I've made Simon x Athena into my new OTP since Maya and Phoenix fell flat. The way they wanted to protect each other is touching, and they have quite a chemistry in court in my opinion. Plus the idea of Simon alternating between bouts of teasing her and getting her all pouty, then serving as the loyal samurai to her ohime-sama at other times is just adorable. I know they have enough of an age gap that it might make some people uncomfortable, and
Spoiler:
he knew her when he was already a young man and she was just a little girl... but they haven't met even once in seven years, so it's not like they watched each other grow up, and they're both adults now, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Well, it's either romantic feelings or he's taken on a big brotherly role, because unlike Kay and Miles I don't feel a paternal attitude there, and frankly she doesn't need that because they operate as equals.

gallowsCalibrator wrote:
I'll admit I've made Simon x Athena into my new OTP since Maya and Phoenix fell flat. The way they wanted to protect each other is touching, and they have quite a chemistry in court in my opinion. Plus the idea of Simon alternating between bouts of teasing her and getting her all pouty, then serving as the loyal samurai to her ohime-sama at other times is just adorable. I know they have enough of an age gap that it might make some people uncomfortable, and
Spoiler:
he knew her when he was already a young man and she was just a little girl... but they haven't met even once in seven years, so it's not like they watched each other grow up, and they're both adults now, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Well, it's either romantic feelings or he's taken on a big brotherly role, because unlike Kay and Miles I don't feel a paternal attitude there, and frankly she doesn't need that because they operate as equals.

This!! :godot: :acro:

SuperAj3 wrote:
MaimJay wrote:

Spoiler: Case 5
'nuff said.

Thank You!
via mallius on tumblr

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Excuse me, but no gay pairings allowed on this thread.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Gettin' Old!

aplab23207 wrote:
Excuse me, but no gay pairings allowed on this thread.

Why not?
I know you said it in the first post but...why? I can see the argument behind Metis and Aura, not saying it's fact but it's a definite hint.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Fine. I'll make an exception.

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Spoiler:
So much yuri fanart. :meekins:

"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

TheDimensionofTime wrote:
Spoiler:
So much yuri fanart. :meekins:

Hey now, we've had mountains of Phoenix/Edgeworth, Phoenix/Kristoph, Apollo/Klavier, etc. etc. in the past, it's about time we got something besides Adrian/Franziska on the other side of things

MaimJay wrote:
via mallius on tumblr

right click, save

Well, I've got a headcanon about possible relationships. (not really hints per se but I figured this was the best place to put it)
Spoiler: AA5 character relationships
Of course, anyone who plays the game knows about the fact that Juniper has a crush on Apollo. It's also completely possible that Apollo returns these feelings but IIRC there isn't much canonical evidence for it except for a few things Apollo says along the lines of "way to make yourself look stupid" when talking to Juniper. Anyways, while I was browsing some Dual Destinies stuff on tumblr I came across an obscure present conversation. When you present the love triangle newspaper to Juniper, you basically figure out that Juniper was really popular with the dudes. Apollo then moves to say "I bet you were really bummed when someone handed you a love letter and said 'Give this to Juniper for me!' and then Athena thinks to herself along the lines of 'Why'd it have to be Apollo of all people to point it out?'

This arguably points to the possibility that Athena has feelings for Apollo (considering she was flustered that it was Apollo pointing it out.) Now, we also know that Athena knows about Juniper's crush on Apollo. This led me to believe that perhaps Athena has a crush on Apollo, but due to Juniper's crush on him and the fact that Juniper was always more successful with the guys than her, she's too frightened to act upon her feelings for Apollo.

tl;dr I have a headcanon that Athena has a crush on Apollo but won't act on her feelings because of Juniper's feelings for him and success with the dudes.

Sorry, I kinda missed the 'no gay pairings' part.

Gettin' Old!

drvonkitty wrote:
Well, I've got a headcanon about possible relationships. (not really hints per se but I figured this was the best place to put it)
Spoiler: AA5 character relationships
Of course, anyone who plays the game knows about the fact that Juniper has a crush on Apollo. It's also completely possible that Apollo returns these feelings but IIRC there isn't much canonical evidence for it except for a few things Apollo says along the lines of "way to make yourself look stupid" when talking to Juniper. Anyways, while I was browsing some Dual Destinies stuff on tumblr I came across an obscure present conversation. When you present the love triangle newspaper to Juniper, you basically figure out that Juniper was really popular with the dudes. Apollo then moves to say "I bet you were really bummed when someone handed you a love letter and said 'Give this to Juniper for me!' and then Athena thinks to herself along the lines of 'Why'd it have to be Apollo of all people to point it out?'

This arguably points to the possibility that Athena has feelings for Apollo (considering she was flustered that it was Apollo pointing it out.) Now, we also know that Athena knows about Juniper's crush on Apollo. This led me to believe that perhaps Athena has a crush on Apollo, but due to Juniper's crush on him and the fact that Juniper was always more successful with the guys than her, she's too frightened to act upon her feelings for Apollo.

tl;dr I have a headcanon that Athena has a crush on Apollo but won't act on her feelings because of Juniper's feelings for him and success with the dudes.

I think it was more Athena pulling her 'grim' face than a flustered expression because it means Apollo can tease her about it all the time at work. No one really likes their co-workers finding out something embarrassing about them.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Expert bluffer

I honestly didn't expect Apollo and Juniper to get so popular as it is. I guess it's kind of like Gumshoe and Maggey in a way, which makes me wonder if Juniper has potential to become a recurring character with that.

Gettin' Old!

DragonCactus wrote:
I honestly didn't expect Apollo and Juniper to get so popular as it is. I guess it's kind of like Gumshoe and Maggey in a way, which makes me wonder if Juniper has potential to become a recurring character with that.

Perhaps in the same way Larry Butz did...she can't seem to stay out of trouble after all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

DragonCactus wrote:

If it makes the developers' eyes turn into big dollar signs, then sure!

I'm surprised more people haven't made fun of what Athena said to Apollo about tying her up. I half expected the internet to immediately draw comics/writing fanfics about that.

Less than Zero

I do think Juniper can become a recurring character, but it has more to do with
Spoiler:
her dream of becoming a judge rather than just her crush for Apollo. Thought I believe The Judge will stay in the series forever (lol), I think there's a possibility we may see Juniper as the judge in a case someday. Ahhh, I can already imagine extremely easy cases for Apollo.

And I was waiting for people to make fun of Apollo
Spoiler:
using his Perceive ability on Juniper's...uh, boobs. Seriously, maybe it was because I was already shipping them hard by then, but I just couldn't believe my eyes LOL

Gettin' Old!

Murasaki wrote:
I do think Juniper can become a recurring character, but it has more to do with
Spoiler:
her dream of becoming a judge rather than just her crush for Apollo. Thought I believe The Judge will stay in the series forever (lol), I think there's a possibility we may see Juniper as the judge in a case someday. Ahhh, I can already imagine extremely easy cases for Apollo.

And I was waiting for people to make fun of Apollo
Spoiler:
using his Perceive ability on Juniper's...uh, boobs. Seriously, maybe it was because I was already shipping them hard by then, but I just couldn't believe my eyes LOL

Maybe sure....

Spoiler:
If she had any kind of chest to spy on, it was more her little tie than her breasts.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

Spoiler:
If she had any kind of chest to spy on, it was more her little tie than her breasts.

Spoiler:
That's what they want you to think.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thane wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
That's what they want you to think.

Spoiler:
...Dammit, now her "resolute" stance has a new meaning.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

In Justice We Trust

The only one I saw that was really obvious was Juniper's crush on Apollo. I didn't see anything in the way of clear signs he felt the same way, though. I wouldn't mind seeing where that potential pairing went in the future, though. I'd love to see Juniper and Apollo meeting in court as judge and defense attorney. Can you imagine what the penalties would be like? I'm laughing just thinking about it!

Also, on the topic of same-sex pairings, I know you made the thread, aplab, but I think it's kind of pointless to have to create a separate thread for them.
I'll always love you, Max.

Pierre wrote:
drvonkitty wrote:
-snip-

-snip-

Spoiler: just in case (minor)
I see what you mean. However, it still stands that may be a possible reason why Athena would refuse to act on any feelings she has for him, which was my intended purpose. I'll have to look for some more solid evidence that would indicate she has a crush on him later when I have some time.

Faith is for the transient people.

Spoiler:
ngl Apollo/Juniper has become my new flagship pairing...

Proud supporter of Phoenix/Iris, past, present and future
Thank you Elriel! :D

Thane wrote:
DragonCactus wrote:

If it makes the developers' eyes turn into big dollar signs, then sure!

I'm surprised more people haven't made fun of what Athena said to Apollo about tying her up. I half expected the internet to immediately draw comics/writing fanfics about that.

They will, Thane.

Give it time.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

General Luigi wrote:
The only one I saw that was really obvious was Juniper's crush on Apollo. I didn't see anything in the way of clear signs he felt the same way, though. I wouldn't mind seeing where that potential pairing went in the future, though. I'd love to see Juniper and Apollo meeting in court as judge and defense attorney. Can you imagine what the penalties would be like? I'm laughing just thinking about it!

Also, on the topic of same-sex pairings, I know you made the thread, aplab, but I think it's kind of pointless to have to create a separate thread for them.

I can imagine Klavier prosecuting at that trial and watching Apollo's "girlfriend" give him a penalty. Also, I myself do not like same-sex pairings, I am a highly logical person.

You're...just kind of digging yourself deeper there. :ron:

Gettin' Old!

aplab23207 wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

I can imagine Klavier prosecuting at that trial and watching Apollo's "girlfriend" give him a penalty. Also, I myself do not like same-sex pairings, I am a highly logical person.

Ok man gonna clarify...I hope you've got better reasons than being "A highly logical person" there because this sounds like you are being pretty homophobic here.

I could understand not liking certain pairings in the franchise but not for the fact they are gay. I'm not especially a fan of Phoenix/Edgeworth but that's more because I believe they are more best friends than bottom buddies and I don't think there's any evidence to suggest it.

Saying "no gay pairings" without reason is highly suspect man.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

I've run the matter by the rest of the staff, and while I haven't heard back from the majority yet, so far it looks like Aplab's request is going to be overruled. People are free to create threads for individual pairings (I'm sure most of you are familiar with the "Phoenix and Iris: Cute or CUTE?" thread), but no compelling reason has been given yet for creating a separate general pairing thread for same-sex pairings. If it is ultimately decided that this thread should be for opposite-sex pairings only, I will see to it that posts pertaining to same-sex pairings are moved to a new thread, but for the time being, this thread is open to discussion of all pairings in Dual Destinies.

Aplab, if you believe you can make a case for making this thread het-only, please PM your position to me or another staff member so it can be relayed to the rest of us. I'm going to have to insist there be no further public discussion of the matter, though; I'm starting to see shades of the same-sex marriage debate, and I don't think any of us want the thread to devolve into that.
I'll always love you, Max.

on that note

L'Belle/make-up palette
L'Belle/hair dye/moisturizing lotion OT3

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

...NAILED IT

Adrian in black wrote:
on THAT note

L'Belle/make-up palette

You KNOW it's TRUE

fixed

Ultimate Survivor

Adrian in black wrote:
on that note

L'Belle/make-up palette

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

Hahaha, well, I never THOUGHT I'd say I SUPPORT L'Belle/anything, but I COULD get behind those. Lol, Franzise.

On a more serious note, I'll admit I absolutely love Athena/Simon.

Spoiler:
And while it's not stated outright in the game, I suspected that Simon had a crush on Metis for a while. I suppose we could chalk up his distress over her death to losing a close and respected mentor, but I don't think it's inconceivable that he might have had stronger feelings for her.

Aura/Metis is pretty obvious for reasons already stated.

Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I'm disappointed, guys. Why is there no mention of Blackquill and Taka? How could you possibly NOT pair them up?
Spoiler: TR
I'll be awaiting Phoenix/Orla some time in the near future too...

Adrian in black wrote:
on that note

L'Belle/make-up palette

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

Right up there with Cosmos, the Galactic Scooter, and the Space Center. Oh, I went there.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

emimprov wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
on that note

L'Belle/make-up palette

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

Hahaha, well, I never THOUGHT I'd say I SUPPORT L'Belle/anything, but I COULD get behind those.

That's all right, but you may want to keep your distance where the lotion's involved.

...NAILED IT

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

emimprov wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
on that note

L'Belle/make-up palette

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

Hahaha, well, I never THOUGHT I'd say I SUPPORT L'Belle/anything, but I COULD get behind those. Lol, Franzise.

Spoiler:
And while it's not stated outright in the game, I suspected that Simon had a crush on Metis for a while. I suppose we could chalk up his distress over her death to losing a close and respected mentor, but I don't think it's inconceivable that he might have had stronger feelings for her.

Spoiler:
:objection: BlackquillXDr. Cykes is impossible. During that time, Dr. Cykes was 33, and Quilly was 21. That's a huge age difference.

I wish I WERE the best.

aplab23207 wrote:
emimprov wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
on that note

L'Belle/make-up palette

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
:objection: BlackquillXDr. Cykes is impossible. During that time, Dr. Cykes was 33, and Quilly was 21. That's a huge age difference.

Spoiler:
Implying that age difference has ever stopped anyone...

aplab23207 wrote:
emimprov wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
on that note

L'Belle/make-up palette

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler: Counterpoint: 4-2
Plum and Winfred Kitaki are 14 years apart in age... Wocky was born when Plum was in her early twenties. Seems to have worked out. Might not have worked out for Simon and Metis, but it's definitely possible.

...NAILED IT

Ultimate Survivor

Yeah, I think that after a certain point age gaps don't matter quite as much - not in all situations, of course, but still. As long as both people are adults, I don't see much of a problem with it.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.
Page 1 of 7 [ 260 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)