Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

The Great Grief of The Great Thief? (Turnabout Reclaimed)Topic%20Title

This rock... it reminds me of a puzzle!

Didn't tag this one out as spoiler because it really isn't, more like an easter egg if anything.

I haven't played GK2 (I know there's an English patch available created by some dedicated fans; I'll try that soon), so yeah. As you may or may not know, Norma De Plume is a non-fiction writer character in the Dual Destinies DLC case. She kinda sticks her nose up on a lot of things. The judge, as a big fan of De Plume, references one of her books titled The Great Grief of The Great Thief. I was wondering if perhaps it was pertaining to Kay Faraday from the Investigations series? Does anything thatsignificant happen in GK2? Please don't be specific with your answer. As I've said, I've yet to play it.

Thanks!
Re: The Great Grief of The Great Thief? (Turnabout ReclaimedTopic%20Title

1000% Knight

It could easily reference the events of AAI. Or Mask deMasque. It's a one-off reference, I doubt we'll ever know what it's really about.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

迷探偵

To quote myself from the Reclaimed topic:

Ash wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Two questions:
1. The Judge's line about "The Great Grief of the Great Thief;" was that in the Japanese version as well?

It's 『大怪盗の大解答』 (Daikaitou no daikaitou; the great answer of the great phantom thief) in Japanese. (c.f. Mikumo usually refers to herself and Yatagarasu using a different word, 大泥棒 (oodorobou; great thief).

In the Japanese version at the least, it's not likely it refers to Kay as it uses a different word for great thief (oodorobou vs daikaitou).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Y'know

Still, talking about that, I like to think it's about Kay in English version - kind of like the Chief Prosecutor Lana in 1-2.
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)