Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 4 of 4[ 152 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - DGS editionTopic%20Title

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I miss the multiple questions for the derps during investigations this series had in the trilogy. Are they in DGS? You know, stuff like the "You're lovers" options in the original game.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

~chansey~

lafka wrote:
I do not know if I am posting correctly, but I've noticed something.
Spoiler:
In case 3, when first talking to Vortex, he mentions that it is quite difficult for the defendant to be found guilty. He says this around 12:04 in this video. The line he says is "However, in the unlikely chance should the defendant be found guilty...". In the trial, though, all the evidence points towards the defendant being guilty. The defendant is saved by the fabricated bloodstains. Did Vortex know there was going to be a fabrication mid-trial? Was he somehow part of this plot? This puts some suspicion on him. I want to know if this is explained at some other point in the game or if there is an explanation that does not make him suspicious.

Spoiler:
Vortex is an interesting character, as he basically isn't explored much but there is a lot of stuff going on with him. The thing you point out is something that caught my attention too, and it can be viewed as him either just wanting to put some pressure on, or him knowing a bigger picture. And considering this game has a bigger picture, who knows. Vortex is definately a char that will play a big role in upcoming DGS games that's for sure.

um...hi your honour?

Cesar Zero wrote:
Spoiler:
What happens in Episode 2 that makes it end before the trial starts?

It's on a steam ship!!

um...hi your honour?

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Are there any new shouts in the game, besides "Hai!"?

There's "<Hang On!>" In japansese not English....so yeah.....

The Enigma

Are there any bad endings in these cases?

Spoiler:
Like case 5, if Gina is found guilty if you can't successfully implicate Rubert for the murders of both Hutch and Megundal.

EDIT: Ah, whoops. Looking back apparently this question's already been answered. Nevermind then :sahwit:
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

The Enigma

Please excuse my double posting :oops: I've been wondering about this:

The DLC that was released for free if you bought the game early...is it still available, or was that only a limited time deal? If it's the latter, is there any other way I can still get it?
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Racing through the sky like a Missile

It's still available for download; just not free anymore. I recommend getting the season pass if you want to see all of them. Buying each one individually really racks up.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The Enigma

Gotcha...how many are there again?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Counting the first, which is marked as the 0th issue, there are 9.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

You can't get #0 anymore though; you could only get that (free) issue the first two (?) weeks. There's no way to get it anymore.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Wotter boy

So did we ever find the ladder vs. stepladder?

迷探偵

I thought this was already known, but it's been replaced by a discussion about what a shovel (English loanword) (ショベル) and what a schop (Dutch loanword) (スコップ) is.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:
I thought this was already known, but it's been replaced by a discussion about what's a shovel (English loanword) (ショベル) and what's a schop (Dutch loanword) (スコップ).

...I did not know. What case was that in?
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

迷探偵

Bad Player wrote:
Ash wrote:
I thought this was already known, but it's been replaced by a discussion about what's a shovel (English loanword) (ショベル) and what's a schop (Dutch loanword) (スコップ).

...I did not know. What case was that in?

Err, I think the final case? In Ryunosuke's office, there's a shovel you can investigate. I think you also get a different dialogue when Iris is with you.

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Sorry to awaken a dead thread but I had a question a while back that was overlooked. As I have no means of listening to the soundtrack on the disc itself, I must ask: do the songs have their own endings, like DD and SoJ did?
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Last edited by Apollo4Justice on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

If you do have means,why're you asking us?

And no,they don't.

I'm fine and ready for justice!

:wacky-edgy: I meant I have NO means of finding out. Sorry. :basil:
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

元・超会社員級の管理人

No, the songs on the OST just fade out. No special flourishes!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

What did he do this time...?

Alright... this topic may be dead, but let's see if I can get an answer here.

Question:
Spoiler:
Who are the two characters introduced without names in case 4? They are found having an argument just after the Sherlock segment with the Garridebs. The gawdy-looking man is apparently the other person renting the Garrideb's room, yet we never see or hear of these two ever again. Why would they be given such detailed 3D models just for them to be background characters? Do they appear in the sequel?

Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

What's a Court Records?

Danchat wrote:

Question:
Spoiler:
Who are the two characters introduced without names in case 4? They are found having an argument just after the Sherlock segment with the Garridebs. The gawdy-looking man is apparently the other person renting the Garrideb's room, yet we never see or hear of these two ever again. Why would they be given such detailed 3D models just for them to be background characters? Do they appear in the sequel?

Spoiler: "DGS2"
Those two characters have are important to the one of the cases in DGS2 (the second case in the game, which is a flashback case that takes place around DGS1-4).

Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

What did he do this time...?

Rehncohro wrote:
Danchat wrote:

Question:
Spoiler:

Spoiler: "DGS2"
Those two characters have are important to the one of the cases in DGS2 (the second case in the game, which is a flashback case that takes place around DGS1-4).

Spoiler:
Thanks for the answer. I figured this had to be the case, but I'm surprised they were thinking this far ahead... I mean, it was obvious they were making a sequel at the time this game came out, especially with all of the loose threads left hanging, but I found this inclusion rather odd.

Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

What's a Court Records?

Court Records is pretty dead these days so I pay attention to what topics are being posted to and respond to what I can.
Why am I even here?

You best rethink that evidence, compadre

Rehncohro wrote:
Court Records is pretty dead these days so I pay attention to what topics are being posted to and respond to what I can.

Same, mostly out of boredom and cause I work from home so playing games on pywright keeps me entertained. If only Capcom announced anything to revitalize the series.

What's a Court Records?

Yeah, honestly I don't really have anything better to do. I can't even find work so I'm stuck at home all the time.
Why am I even here?

Knight of the Court

I'm not familiar with the current non-3DS versions, which will probably be similar to the new Chronicles releases, so...

How do the non-3DS versions handle the
Spoiler:
stereoscope
segment in Case 5?
Something something please localize DGS.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

BigKlingy wrote:
I'm not familiar with the current non-3DS versions, which will probably be similar to the new Chronicles releases, so...

How do the non-3DS versions handle the
Spoiler:
stereoscope
segment in Case 5?

It went roughly:
Spoiler:
Herlock: "You're going to have to cross your eyes, but if you can't see it, don't feel too bad."

Knight of the Court

Anyone here have a decent estimate of how long, hours-wise, each case is on average?

It looks like NicoB spent 5 hours in Case 1 which is very long by first-case standards, but he also does improv comedy and voices every line so that could be an outlier. I have heard GAA-1 is one of the longest Case 1s in the series though. A few other Youtube series seem to get through it in 3.5 to 4 hours.

I'll put the rest of my speculation in spoilers.

Spoiler:
Case 2 seems to be about equal to 1 in length, and Case 3 seems slightly shorter in most Youtube runs since it's trial-only. Case 4 though, is it 2 Investigation 2 Trial or one of each? And Case 5 is very long.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

BigKlingy wrote:
Anyone here have a decent estimate of how long, hours-wise, each case is on average?

It looks like NicoB spent 5 hours in Case 1 which is very long by first-case standards, but he also does improv comedy and voices every line so that could be an outlier. I have heard GAA-1 is one of the longest Case 1s in the series though. A few other Youtube series seem to get through it in 3.5 to 4 hours.

Spoiler:
Case 2 seems to be about equal to 1 in length, and Case 3 seems slightly shorter in most Youtube runs since it's trial-only. Case 4 though, is it 2 Investigation 2 Trial or one of each? And Case 5 is very long.

This is a tier list with every case length according to Slyzer's youtube playthrough (no commentary). https://www.reddit.com/r/AceAttorney/co ... through_a/
As for case 4's structure:
Spoiler:
It's 1 investigation and 1 trial.

Knight of the Court

Tiagofvarela wrote:
BigKlingy wrote:

Spoiler:

This is a tier list with every case length according to Slyzer's youtube playthrough (no commentary). https://www.reddit.com/r/AceAttorney/co ... through_a/
As for case 4's structure:
Spoiler:
It's 1 investigation and 1 trial.

Thanks for that. Those tiers look pretty accurate.

On GAA1-4:

Spoiler:
I thought so. There's no way there was enough material there for any more than that. I feel like it's going to be the biggest slog to go through in this game since

GAA2 spoilers:
Spoiler:
The whole thing's really just an extended prologue to GAA2-2, which is a great case. I kinda wish they'd condensed both into one case.

Knight of the Court

Me again. Wanting to ask one thing about the localization. I hope this doesn't start any arguments, but can anyone confirm if the animations of a certain character in Case 5 were censored? Those familiar with the game will know what I'm talking about.

But for full clarification:
Spoiler:
Windibank's suicide jokes.

After finishing the whole game...

Spoiler:
Why didn't the bad guys shoot Drebber instead and then just bury him in Genshin's place? Witness taken care of, evil plot can proceed as planned.

Truth will come to light.

William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice.

SwordKing wrote:
After finishing the whole game...

Spoiler:
Why didn't the bad guys shoot Drebber instead and then just bury him in Genshin's place? Witness taken care of, evil plot can proceed as planned.

Spoiler:
The best explanation I can think of is that, since Genshin was already supposed to be dead, it would be safer to kill Genshin and easier to cover up. They didn't know Drebber, so they wouldn't have known what consequences his death would have had, but it could have raised questions (and for all they knew, maybe there were other graverobbers around).
And Jigoku probably didn't consider himself evil - as far as I know, he really believed Genshin was the Professor, so he wouldn't have wanted to kill a random bystander.
Page 4 of 4 [ 152 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street