Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

TGAAC mod that adds the DLC casesTopic%20Title

I've made a patch for The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (Steam version) that adds the missing DLC: Escapade #0 for GAA1, and the two mini-cases for GAA2. Here you can see a few pictures from the mini-cases, Japanese version.

I've translated Escapade #0 myself (with help from Rubia Ryu), but the mini-cases are untranslated. I initially asked for help here to finish the patch, but I couldn't find a translator so I'll just release what I have. I'm not going to work on this any more (unless there is some big problem), but if you can both localize the text and edit the files, feel free to translate the mini-cases and release a new patch if you want.

Download links:
For the worldwide version of TGAAC (the one with only English text)
For the Japanese version of TGAAC (with both English and Japanese text)
Please read the readme.txt file inside for more information.

(Original post below)
Spoiler:
I've been working on a patch for The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (Steam version) that adds the missing DLC: Escapade #0 for GAA1, and the two mini-cases for GAA2. All the porting and implementation has been done (here you can see a few pictures from the mini-cases, Japanese version), but I need some help to finish everything.

I mainly need a translator. I've translated Escapade #0 myself (with help from Rubia Ryu), but now I need someone who can translate and localize the text from the mini-cases, in a style similar to the official localization.

I would also need a voice actor to record "Take that!" imitating Kazuma's English voice. (I cobbled together a "Take that!" for Kazuma by using bits of his other lines, but it doesn't sound good.)

Finally, I would also like information regarding how to present this patch. Currently, it's just a zip file that you have to unzip in the game's folder; this will add several files, and overwrite a few others including the executable. The main issue is that there is no easy way to uninstall the patch afterwards. I'm not familiar with modding, so I don't know how things are usually done.

I know this place isn't very active anymore, but please let me know if you can help! If I can't find a translator, I'll just release the untranslated patch.

Last edited by Jozerick on Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Help wanted for a TGAAC mod that adds the DLC casesTopic%20Title

Is this for the 3ds version?

Honey Pie wrote:

I don't quite understand your question – I clearly wrote in the first sentence that it was for the Steam version. Unless you meant "from" rather than "for"? This DLC was originally made for the 3DS versions, but it was not included in Chronicles (unlike the other escapades), so I ported it myself.

Jozerick wrote:
Honey Pie wrote:

I don't quite understand your question – I clearly wrote in the first sentence that it was for the Steam version. Unless you meant "from" rather than "for"? This DLC was originally made for the 3DS versions, but it was not included in Chronicles (unlike the other escapades), so I ported it myself.

Sorry, I misread.
Re: TGAAC mod that adds the DLC casesTopic%20Title

Alright, I couldn't find a translator (or voice actor), so I just released the untranslated patch. I've edited the first post and added download links. Enjoy :)

Got his Psychology degree in Borginia

Thanks for your hard work on preserving Ace Attorney culture!

I made a account here to say that I'm so happy this exists!!! I played the escapade and had a lot of fun with it, and am seriously hoping that soon you can continue translating the rest which I'd be excited to see! Unfortunately I won't be much help with translating and such, but if you haven't yet you could try posting this in the ace attorney reddit or perhaps twitter, since it's a lot more active there and more helping hands! I'm mostly saying this since I only stumbled across this after deciding to dig through this forum on a whim, and wouldn't have found it otherwise...

emsterchu wrote:
I made a account here to say that I'm so happy this exists!!! I played the escapade and had a lot of fun with it, and am seriously hoping that soon you can continue translating the rest which I'd be excited to see! Unfortunately I won't be much help with translating and such, but if you haven't yet you could try posting this in the ace attorney reddit or perhaps twitter, since it's a lot more active there and more helping hands! I'm mostly saying this since I only stumbled across this after deciding to dig through this forum on a whim, and wouldn't have found it otherwise...

Hello, thanks for your comment!
Unfortunately I'm not planning to translate the mini-cases. They are more difficult to translate than escapade #0 and I'm not skilled enough for that, among other reasons. At this point I'm not willing to do further work on this patch, but I don't mind if other people do.
I know this place is kind of dead so my patch didn't have much exposure, but I'm not on reddit or twitter and I didn't want to create an account just for that. But feel free to talk about it if you want.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street