Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 36 of 42[ 1676 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 42  Next

Re: GS6 IdeasTopic%20Title

Art Person

CaptainCanti wrote:
Nearavex wrote:
. . .

No. You just didn't say that.

I hate Ema with a burning passion. Like I'd rather have Oldbag as a companion, than Ema. Yolo.
AJ Ema was a good character though! :snackood: :yummy: (PW Ema was like a more mentally uncensored Maya, which I didn't like)

1-5 Ema is probably in my top 3 favorite characters. After AJ, she's in like the 20s. There's room for improvement, but she's not a bad character

I'd probably put money on Lamiror being a murder victim. Aloof mothers never get a happy ending in AA and she doesn't fit all that well into the current set up to be an active mother in her kids' lives. Together with the fact that she's a Misty Fey clone, it seems inevitable to me.

Moreover, Apollo will likely be the one accused of murdering her or something.

Any other tidbits I'd like to see would be Kay Faraday returning as a rival prosecutor if just because I would like a "new prosecutor" without them having to create a new character. But the thing I want most of all is the return on Maya Fey. I want to see late-twenties Master Maya in all her glory. And of course she'll get accused of murder at some point and/or kidnapped. It isn't an Ace Attorney game without Maya getting arrested and/or held hostage to get Phoenix all in a knot.

But here is an idea that I've had running through my head -- what if Phoenix was the victim in a case? Not killed, but make incapacitated or put into a coma as a result of an attack? So Apollo (and I guess Athena although I'd see Apollo as lead lawyer in this) have to save the falsely accused (I'm gonna say Maya, maybe?) and find the truer attacker.
Art created by myself, check out:
Tumblr - DeviantART - Archive of Our Own

scarlettpeony wrote:
So Apollo (and I guess Athena although I'd see Apollo as lead lawyer in this) have to save the falsely accused (I'm gonna say Maya, maybe?) and find the truer attacker.

I dunno,I think this would be a good chance for polly's first time as the defendant.
Signature loading, please wait...

Racing through the sky like a Missile

scarlettpeony wrote:
I'd probably put money on Lamiror being a murder victim. Aloof mothers never get a happy ending in AA and she doesn't fit all that well into the current set up to be an active mother in her kids' lives. Together with the fact that she's a Misty Fey clone, it seems inevitable to me.

No, no. She's not a Misty Fey clone; she's already shown up in a game. ;)

Complete agreement on her not being relevant anymore. Even if she wasn't killed off, she would have no purpose lingering around the office, with or without Athena. Besides, Apollo and Trucy's relationship would barely change if they recognized each other as siblings. (But maybe Apollo and Phoenix's relationship would? Maybe.)

Quote:
Moreover, Apollo will likely be the one accused of murdering her or something.

No thanks. It was much more impressive with Nick because there was no one else to defend him. Now, if Apollo defends himself, it kinda leaves the other two available lawyers with not much to do, aside from helping him investigate - but in that case, he could just leave everything to Nick. It's what everyone does.

Besides, Trucy would be a better choice as a defendant. It's customary for an assistant character to be accused for some crime once every game. It's not like she has anything to do that's relevant to the plot either.

Quote:
It isn't an Ace Attorney game without Maya getting arrested and/or held hostage to get Phoenix all in a knot.

For some reason, I first read this as "get Phoenix to tie the knot".

Quote:
But here is an idea that I've had running through my head -- what if Phoenix was the victim in a case? Not killed, but make incapacitated or put into a coma as a result of an attack? So Apollo (and I guess Athena although I'd see Apollo as lead lawyer in this) have to save the falsely accused (I'm gonna say Maya, maybe?) and find the truer attacker.

Motive: untrue wedding vows. This makes a great scoop of a scandal.

Okay, joking aside, we don't have to get Maya accused of anything. She can just be a witness in a case, and this time, she won't have anything to hide... probably.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Y'know

scarlettpeony wrote:
Any other tidbits I'd like to see would be Kay Faraday returning as a rival prosecutor if just because I would like a "new prosecutor" without them having to create a new character.

They would have to create entirely new plot though. When you introduce the new story, you should avoid having fans go "Aaah, I know what is up, I know her from a spin-off!"

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Now, if Apollo defends himself, it kinda leaves the other two available lawyers with not much to do, aside from helping him investigate - but in that case, he could just leave everything to Nick. It's what everyone does.

Besides, Trucy would be a better choice as a defendant. It's customary for an assistant character to be accused for some crime once every game. It's not like she has anything to do that's relevant to the plot either.

I was actually think that initially both Apollo and Trucy would be accused of the crime, or maybe initially it is Trucy but then they cotton onto it maybe being Apollo. I would certainly have Phoenix defending because hell, it has to be him, and maybe initially Apollo is helping him out but then when *he* gets accused of the murder, Trucy could assist? But it would probably be Athena.

Truth be told... I wonder what they are going to do with Athena. They've already completed her storyline, really. Nothing has been left open ended at all.

Okay, joking aside, we don't have to get Maya accused of anything. She can just be a witness in a case, and this time, she won't have anything to hide... probably.

You know that if she isn't the one accused of murder, she's the one being purposely evasive on the witness stand. I'd like to see Apollo and Athena go up against her, without really knowing anything about her too.

Nearavex wrote:
They would have to create entirely new plot though. When you introduce the new story, you should avoid having fans go "Aaah, I know what is up, I know her from a spin-off!"

Well, they'd have to do the same for any new prosecutor. With Kay there is her skit as the Yatagarasu so she has the whole "stealing the truth" angle to go from. I thought it might be interesting to see that come into the main games because they seem so hung up on this "Dark Age of Law" they suddenly decided existed. She would undeniably be the "helpful" prosecutor like Klavier. :kay:

scarlettpeony wrote:
I was actually think that initially both Apollo and Trucy would be accused of the crime, or maybe initially it is Trucy but then they cotton onto it maybe being Apollo. I would certainly have Phoenix defending because hell, it has to be him, and maybe initially Apollo is helping him out but then when *he* gets accused of the murder, Trucy could assist? But it would probably be Athena.

I would wonder what kind of case it'd be in which the prosecution can't decide on a particular defendant. The situation with Redd White was an exception because he managed to twist the proceedings. What sort of money mongrel would decide to murder Lamiroir of all people? Apollo's dad back from the dead, omg, it's a family scuffle

Quote:
Truth be told... I wonder what they are going to do with Athena. They've already completed her storyline, really. Nothing has been left open ended at all.

Or rather, her relationship with Blackquill has not been fully explored, though it should have been expanded a little more in GS5. Perhaps in a game where the dev team isn't forced to stuff in the DAL or make Athena steal the spotlight, we could finally see more of this being brought to attention.

Quote:
You know that if she isn't the one accused of murder, she's the one being purposely evasive on the witness stand. I'd like to see Apollo and Athena go up against her, without really knowing anything about her too.

Sure, she's twerpy, but I wouldn't say she'd be purposely evasive. Besides, this would feel like she's trying too hard to troll Nick in a way.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Y'know

scarlettpeony wrote:

Aside from Misty, there wasn't really anything open-ended after the first game either. Don't worry. While there are some things than fans would do better than game developers, as there are some flaws or mistakes, it's still truth that it's Capcom developing this game, not the fandom.

Do you think any of us would be capable of thinking up anything from Dual Destinies, or any Ace Attorney game? Fans are generally somewhat unimaginative, myself included. Few of us would have thought of any continuation to Phoenix Wright's story after GS1, and I believe same is true for Athena - while we can't well see the direction in which her character may be headed, it doesn't mean there aren't any possibilities. :apollo:

please do not underestimate this fandom we can be very scary

Y'know

Nah, I like this fandom, it's my opinion about fandoms in general, even though there are some impressive talents.

Sure, she's twerpy, but I wouldn't say she'd be purposely evasive. Besides, this would feel like she's trying too hard to troll Nick in a way.

Not if she was trying to protect someone.

Or rather, her relationship with Blackquill has not been fully explored

Like how? The relationship was made fairly clear in GS5. I agree that they could interact together to help the plot in some way, but it's not really a focus point.

Nearavex wrote:
Do you think any of us would be capable of thinking up anything from Dual Destinies, or any Ace Attorney game? Fans are generally somewhat unimaginative, myself included. Few of us would have thought of any continuation to Phoenix Wright's story after GS1, and I believe same is true for Athena - while we can't well see the direction in which her character may be headed, it doesn't mean there aren't any possibilities. :apollo:

I disagree. I have seen some amazing ideas for where the series could go come out of this fandom and often from individuals. I think the problem with fans is over investment in the characters and their relationships rather than a lack of imagination. If some fans got their way, Ace Attorney would be part-mystery, part-dating sim. :viola:

scarlettpeony wrote:

Not if she was trying to protect someone.

Huh? Who would she be trying to protect? We're talking about Nick being assaulted here. What, is Pearl the one on trial? No, wait, then Maya would purposely be evading the prosecution's questions and trying to help the defense...

Quote:
Or rather, her relationship with Blackquill has not been fully explored

Like how? The relationship was made fairly clear in GS5. I agree that they could interact together to help the plot in some way, but it's not really a focus point.

It's not a focal point, yes, but what we got from GS5 between her and Blackquill are their ties through her mother and a way too shifty trial. After the resolution of the UR-1 Incident, they seem to be rather friendly with one another, but we never got a chance to see exactly why they became so close. We were simply "told" that they were good friends long before that incident even happened. (At least Phoenix had a very good reason to trust Edgeworth so much even after years of neglect.) What I'm looking for is a little of that young Blackquill to reappear in some manner of hint, even though he's become warped after 7 years of prison.

Not that GS6 would be about them anymore, so these sorts of interactions will be very limited anyway. Still, I can almost guarantee that Blackquill will be making a reappearance as a guest prosecutor. It's another of those GS traditions, no?

Y'know

scarlettpeony wrote:
I disagree. I have seen some amazing ideas for where the series could go come out of this fandom and often from individuals. I think the problem with fans is over investment in the characters and their relationships rather than a lack of imagination. If some fans got their way, Ace Attorney would be part-mystery, part-dating sim. :viola:

I can't say there are no ideas and that some of them aren't good... I'm just saying I don't expect most of these ideas to actually fit into the game, without doing something awkward with the style, you know?

Kinda how most cases present on AAO are mostly random mess of events filled with character overdevelopment to the point of being OOC (at least, that is the way I see it, whenever I see another Apollo-centered fangame) and getting all overly mysterious with overdone vagueness.

Granted, I never really got much into fangames, so it might be just my first impression.

Huh? Who would she be trying to protect? We're talking about Nick being assaulted here. What, is Pearl the one on trial? No, wait, then Maya would purposely be evading the prosecution's questions and trying to help the defense...

I was thinking more in general, not specific to the Phoneix out of action idea. If Maya was a witness that scenario they would probably have to come up with some arbitrary way to keep her out of the action for the first day because she would be the most reliable witness of all.

Nearavex wrote:
scarlettpeony wrote:
Kinda how most cases present on AAO are mostly random mess of events filled with character overdevelopment to the point of being OOC (at least, that is the way I see it, whenever I see another Apollo-centered fangame) and getting all overly mysterious with overdone vagueness.

Granted, I never really got much into fangames, so it might be just my first impression.

I will definitely say this -- I think too many people rush into a "case fic" without really thinking about where it is going, which is the worst way to write a mystery. The AAO games suffer from that, it's true.

i may not know much

Probably a dumb idea, but I was thinking about this a few days ago. Since the death penalty is never really addressed in past games, what if in GS6, Nick or maybe Apollo feels guilty about all the criminals they've indirectly put to death? I mean yeah, most if not all the cases are murder cases. But it always seemed odd to me that someone like Dahlia was put to death, even despite all the awful things she did. Plus, it always felt like a grey area, whether Godot was executed or just put in jail.

I'd have a hard time figuring out how that would even be applicable. Even in the case they could have something to feel guilty about, it'd be one step away from shoehorning in a villain character that's served out his or her purpose already. There's always room for a revenge plot against some lawyers, but the only one I think would still be somewhat relevant would be Kristoph, and an reappearance of his (insanity) is already pushing it.

On that note, I'd be more interested in the case where a convicted criminal actually manages to escape their sentence thanks to the appeal of the trial in a higher court. We've had one case where a douche ruined a poor waitress and the prosecutor did absolutely nothing noteworthy, so that's why it got an appeal... But I'm talking about a situation where the original and overturned verdicts are put under controversy. That would make an exciting finale to a game.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I never did consider that, and I would like it to be explored. The higher court has barely been mentioned and has no impact at all so far.

迷探偵

The thing is, higher courts rule on procedure, not on the contents of a case and going too deep into the actual justice system is something I don't think Capcom wants to do, nor do I think they should do. GS has from the start always been conceived as a mystery game, that happens to be using courtrooms as a setting, it was never intended to be a courtroom game. Not to say that one can't write a mystery somehow involving procedures, but there is the danger of just becoming too technical and basically not compelling enough as a mystery plot, instead focusing on technicalities and all. Then you get Yuuzai X Muzai.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Oh, but my idea should still be safe. I'm talking about a case where someone gets an appeal, but it's unclear whether or not that person deserves it. There may be some technicalities behind the scenes that should be addressed, but that's not where the focus is. It's a situation similar in prospect to Kristoph's in which he could escape detection for seven whole years. In this case, the criminal's influence allows him/her to escape the sentence, despite a previous conviction. Naturally, there will be a scapegoat to take the criminal's place.

Besides, we've already delved into international espionage and conspiracy. How we dig deeper is by expanding out.

Either that, or these lawyers should literally move out - out of the country, that is. If the developers address a judicial system that is not identified with any particular country (akin to how PLvsAA worked, really), there should be nothing to be concerned over.

Y'know

Ash wrote:
The thing is, higher courts rule on procedure, not on the contents of a case and going too deep into the actual justice system is something I don't think Capcom wants to do, nor do I think they should do. GS has from the start always been conceived as a mystery game, that happens to be using courtrooms as a setting, it was never intended to be a courtroom game. Not to say that one can't write a mystery somehow involving procedures, but there is the danger of just becoming too technical and basically not compelling enough as a mystery plot, instead focusing on technicalities and all. Then you get Yuuzai X Muzai.

Wasn't Recipe for Turnabout just a normal trial though?

Athena should be the main protagonist and they should put the difficulty back were it was also have Juniper as the new judge the other judge has been used more than enough and finally cut back on the amount of assistance they give you
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

No, no. If Junie's going to be a judge, we should have Apollo as the protagonist in the next game. The trials will be much more fantastic.

And I mean "fantastic" as in "fantasy".

And I mean "fantasy" as in "Your Honor, would you stop ogling the defense whenever he makes an objection!"

No, really, this is great for difficulty! This judge, who is normally on top of things, suddenly seems to be a little more than nervous around Apollo. And as we all know, nerves mean there will be silly mistakes happening!
Oh, wait, there's a phrase for this: fake difficulty.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

James Granger wrote:
Athena should be the main protagonist and they should put the difficulty back were it was also have Juniper as the new judge the other judge has been used more than enough and finally cut back on the amount of assistance they give you

I do want to play as Athena more, yes. She's much better as a playable character than an assistant.

As for Juniper being a judge, I'm all for it.

Klavier: "It seems that our lovely judge has been entranced by Herr Forehead's gleaming forehead."
Juniper: "The prosecution will refrain from slandering the defense's grandiose facial features!"
Apollo: "..."

i may not know much

I'd rather Nick be the main protagonist, than Apollo or Athena. But that's mostly because I want Maya and Gumshoe to return. And if either Athena or Apollo are the main protagonists, the detective will probably just be Emma again. And it'd be harder for Maya to return if Phoenix is just a background character.

I think they'll stick with the three playable characters thing. They're a trio at many levels and each one of them owns a game mechanic and everything.

Thinking about it, out of all the ideas to get rid of Nick somehow - whether it's by sending him somewhere else for some time, having him attacked and knocked out, or letting him fall ON a bridge - one way or another, he's just gone for that case. Yet, revisiting 3-1 makes me think about how Grossberg accompanied Mia back then and even helped her with a little evidence hunting. Since Athena's only had one case thus far, I'd say it's more appropriate for Nick to babysit her instead, since he's already done so for Apollo. Yet, lots of people still want Apollo to be the main in GS6, so I don't know if this idea will be included, unless GS6 again opts for multiple mains. But the latter option has not been executed very proficiently in GS5, in comparison to previous titles, so...

Thoughts, guys?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I'd rather GS6 be about Apollo and Athena, but that inevitably begs that question of what Phoenix is supposed to do. I don't think sending him away is going to be accepted well as long as they're based at the Wright Anything Agency. Hmm...

Call me James

MBr wrote:
I'd rather GS6 be about Apollo and Athena, but that inevitably begs that question of what Phoenix is supposed to do. I don't think sending him away is going to be accepted well as long as they're based at the Wright Anything Agency. Hmm...

As said above, Nick can supervise Athena as the co-council in any cases she takes. Apollo can have Trucy (good Lord, give her something to do), while Athena can have Phoenix by her side. Obviously not in a way that makes it like " I'm stuck. Wat do, boss?", but like all the other playable characters had their mentors with them during their first cases (and if Mia hadn't died, Kristoph hadn't gotten destroyed by Phoenix in court, etc) they'd probably have stayed with them.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I understand that, but then what's Phoenix supposed to do for the rest of the game? Go on dates with Maya that Pearl set up?

Call me James

MBr wrote:
I understand that, but then what's Phoenix supposed to do for the rest of the game? Go on dates with Maya that Pearl set up?

You know it's what the fandom wants. Not sure myself, since it'd probably be something to do with the plot of the game. But hey, they gave him something to do in GS5. Granted, shit was getting real in that game with him just getting his badge back and that, but we've got a trio of playable characters now, so it's much more different than him just being alone. It's easier to focus the plot on one of the other guys.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

I wanna bring back Ms. de Plume. Then Phoenix would have the perfect excuse to fake a stomach cramp and leave it to the other two to do his work.

The thing is, Pearl actually believes him and tries to figure out how to help, and Phoenix eventually decides that Pearl's attempts at making medicine are much more horrifying, so he comes back on the case.

Apollo has only swear words that he can't say directly to his boss.

Hey, it works out! In one case, we have both Phoenix and Apollo on the same case.

You know, besides Juniper, I was thinking that Deplume was the most likely reappearing character from Dual Destinies, so it could work

Y'know

JesusMonroe wrote:
You know, besides Juniper, I was thinking that Deplume was the most likely reappearing character from Dual Destinies, so it could work

Reappearing minor character you mean?
Because what you said implies DePlume and Juniper are more likely to reappear than Athena and Blackquill. xD

On a side note, we'll probably see Gaspen again.

迷探偵

Talking about DePlume, I was watching this hilarious crossover between Gag Manga Biyori and GS (見ちゃったぜ☆) and I'd love to see a case set at a publisher. I've always had an enormous weakness for mystery stories set in professional settings and puzzle plots that make use of the special backgrounds and a publisher case could have a pretty varied cast (editors, fiction writers, non-fiction writers/journalist, some plot revolving around a big scoop or blackmail and a slightly bibliophilic mystery plot (which is always bonus points!). Guest appearances by DePlume and Hami-chan (the male one), the works!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
Talking about DePlume, I was watching this hilarious crossover between Gag Manga Biyori and GS (見ちゃったぜ☆) and I'd love to see a case set at a publisher. I've always had an enormous weakness for mystery stories set in professional settings and puzzle plots that make use of the special backgrounds and a publisher case could have a pretty varied cast (editors, fiction writers, non-fiction writers/journalist, some plot revolving around a big scoop or blackmail and a slightly bibliophilic mystery plot (which is always bonus points!). Guest appearances by DePlume and Hami-chan (the male one), the works!

Ah, that reminds me. I've been waiting for a funny victim; that is, one who could leave a last will that turns out hilarious. Hey, the localization could finally make a reference to The Frantics.

Quote:
Hami-chan (the male one)

・・・まよーん。

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Last Will and Testament makes me think of The Frantics and Studio C. Both hilarious sketches.

If the setting is a publisher, then Myriam Scuttlebutt should definitely return.

迷探偵

Ah, that reminds me. I've been waiting for a funny victim; that is, one who could leave a last will that turns out hilarious. Hey, the localization could finally make a reference to The Frantics.

I've seen a couple of mystery shows where the murder victim was someone of a 芸能 company, with people like comedians and other performers as the main suspects. Would actually be quite fun in GS actually, as they could reuse the main gameplay mechanics to give the player a genuine tsukkomi role: make the right tsukkomi at the right time to make a succesful gag! (which reminds me, I saw a manzai game once in the eShop...)

Ash wrote:

I've seen a couple of mystery shows where the murder victim was someone of a 芸能 company, with people like comedians and other performers as the main suspects. Would actually be quite fun in GS actually, as they could reuse the main gameplay mechanics to give the player a genuine tsukkomi role: make the right tsukkomi at the right time to make a succesful gag! (which reminds me, I saw a manzai game once in the eShop...)

I thought that aspect had always been naturally weaved into the gameplay through dialogue (especially now that we have a "deduction battle" with a boke Sherlock Holmes), but I agree it'd be especially easy to integrate it. The question remains, though, whether or not the judge (or Nick for that matter) will tolerate any more clowning around.

Which game is that?

迷探偵

Which game is that?

Megami no Etsubo. You play as the tsukkomi of a really bad manzai duo. It's kinda like how GS was originally conceived: the dialogue is real-time and at certain times you can insert a tsukkomi during the boke's 'testimony' (i.e. yelling hold it). The tricky part is of course that you don't have much time to react each time (because the text scrolls automatically) and you usually have two or three options (to react on what the boke said, his body language, or his comparisons), which often lead into minigames that help the quality of your tsukkomi. It's an okay game for the price (the DL version is 500Y), but you need to be able to read Japanese (and react on what you read) pretty fast.
Page 36 of 42 [ 1676 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 42  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)