Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 7 of 42[ 1676 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 42  Next

Re: GS6 IdeasTopic%20Title

The video game boy; the one who wins

I think Ace Attorney needs more queer in it. Like, real queer and not just implied or as a "funny" gimmick a la Jean Armstrong.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:
Which is funny, since both Ema and Gumshoe end up helping you build your case for the defence of your client (a lot more than "Fulbright" does) ...

Hahaha shhhhh

Though Fulbright is totally helpful at times. Especially in case 4 he really shines.

Spoiler:
Because that lighter was totally helpful.
Okay, other than that, he was helpful. But, why? Why exactly was he willingly helping the defense during that case if it only meant them getting closer to revealing the Phantom's identity? If he hadn't helped, Starbuck would be found guilty, and Phantom probably could have gotten away, Scott-free. Am I missing something here?

Spoiler:
Actually, case 4 had reached the point where they needed a second day of investigation, had Fulbright not intervened. Yes, Blackquill kept pushing for a verdict, but the defense provided the possibility of a third party. Another day of investigation could prove the defense's claims. For Fulbright to reveal fake evidence simply sped things along. He didn't expect Apollo would pursue a check on that lighter.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

You know, a Mario game!

Personally, and this might just be me, but if they're planning to make GS6 the last GS game, they should have the villain kill off some reoccurring character, like, say, Larry Butz, in order to have revenge or something, like maybe the killer is related to someone that Phoenix has already imprisoned and wants to kill his loved ones to get revenge. That would make for a climactic finale.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

I would love to see a funeral in the game. Think about it, there's a lot of murders on the games (even very close people have died) and we didn't get to see any memorial services in the games.

Spoiler: DD Spoilers
For example, I tough Daichi´s/Clay´s funeral would be shown on Dual Destinies.

Also, another woman prosecutor, because I don´t like Capcom´s excuse of just saying that it's a "male ridden profession" (and defense attorneys were almost as male ridden before they introduced Athena's character, more if you don't consider Calixto Yew as a real attorney).

It's just sad that there are just two woman prosecutors vs. ten or more men.

Yeah. More female lawyers, and more female killers (even though that too is a "male ridden profession").

GoingforMiles wrote:
Yeah. More female lawyers, and more female killers (even though that too is a "male ridden profession").

Everything but "assistant" is a male ridden profession in Ace Attorney xD

I think the least thing is female victims, because they always have to think if it's too violent against women.

You know, a Mario game!

Wait, there's 2 female prosecutors? I know about Franziska, but who's the other one?
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
Wait, there's 2 female prosecutors? I know about Franziska, but who's the other one?

Lana Skye, she was the DA on 1-5.

You know, a Mario game!

I only count prosecutor's you actually get to face in court. If we were to count all prosecutors,

Spoiler:
We'd have to count Robin Newman, too.

My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
I only count prosecutor's you actually get to face in court. If we were to count all prosecutors,

Spoiler:
We'd have to count Robin Newman, too.

I didn't count her because she is still studying.

Well, there is also Franziska's sister and quite possibly niece as well.

You know, a Mario game!

Haha, yeah, it wasn't until a little while ago that I realized that Franziska has a sister. For the longest time, I assumed that Manfred Von Karma's granddaughter was Franziska's child, even though she'd have to be, like, 8 when she had her.

Another idea I have is:

Spoiler:
I'd like to see the guy that shot phantom make an actual appearance as a character, either as a villain, or as an ally.

My Twitter Account

Ultimate Survivor

This isn't a completely "new" idea, but I kind of hope we get to interact with more of the victims before their deaths in GS6. Don't think we've been able to do that since AJ, and even then it's not a very common occurrence.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

emimprov wrote:
This isn't a completely "new" idea, but I kind of hope we get to interact with more of the victims before their deaths in GS6. Don't think we've been able to do that since AJ, and even then it's not a very common occurrence.

Agreed. It'd make understanding the criminal's motive, and the case as a whole, that much easier if we got a different side to the story besides those of witnesses. Heck, why not leave the question open during trial, so we can later visit the victim through spirit channeling and ask them then? shameless Maya cameo included

And speaking of not-so-new ideas, why not make a game in which the characters don't react to testimony during cross-examination like it's the first time they hear it (unless it really is)? The cross-examination is made very clear to be after the testimony is given the first time. I prefer how it was done in the movie: the witness gives testimony, and then Nick asks the questions. Plus, he shouldn't need the witness to add so-and-so to their testimony when they've already said it once. Just object to the problem statement right then and there. It makes the trial flow much more smoothly, and the programming put into it wouldn't be that much more tedious. (Admittedly, the script writing would be, but that's always tedious anyway.)

By that fact, I could even suggest that they add in a concept of time, such that taking too long to answer a question could mean a penalty. I know some people enjoy taking their sweet time on questions, but it would definitely add to the difficulty by including a sense of urgency. There was one moment in 5-1 during which a real-time-based clock would fit perfectly, for example. In situations like that, if the timer ran out, the game would have to force in a bad ending or something, rather than just a simple penalty. DD had multiple bad endings in a single game for once; it won't be too bad to add a couple more.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Plus, he shouldn't need the witness to add so-and-so to their testimony when they've already said it once. Just object to the problem statement right then and there.

Getting away with crimes must be the easiest thing ever in AA-universe unless you don't reveal yourself during the actual testimony. When you're asked to add a statement into your testimony, just refuse and they can't do anything about it.

Gettin' Old!

GoingforMiles wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Plus, he shouldn't need the witness to add so-and-so to their testimony when they've already said it once. Just object to the problem statement right then and there.

Getting away with crimes must be the easiest thing ever in AA-universe unless you don't reveal yourself during the actual testimony. When you're asked to add a statement into your testimony, just refuse and they can't do anything about it.

Didn't they almost declare Adrian Guilty on the spot when she tried that?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

迷探偵

A small list of interesting crime scenes / backgrounds I've come across in the things I've read this year, which might be interesting for GS6:

Mirror house, kaitenzushi restaurant ("the belt was going the other way around!", objecting with chopsticks in your hand (yes, not polite)), HQ of a cult/new religion, someone starved to death even though it seems the victim could have gotten something to eat, someone drowned to death in his own room, Alice in Wonderland-themed story (every other Japanese detective story seems to have a reference), a murder exchange (I scratch your back, you scratch my back), writers ("Yes, I murdered him for his superspecialawesome story!"), puppet mansion, on top of a giant statue, during a terrorist attack (now I think about it, that Conan game was kinda crazy), hospital, ramen restaurant, museum, all across the country (dead bodies being sent away in a trunk; can you prove who sent it/when/where to/who got it)

(([^_^])) | [`Д´] | [;_;] | ([o_o])
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ash wrote:
A small list of interesting crime scenes / backgrounds I've come across in the things I've read, which might be interesting for GS6:

Mirror house, kaitenzushi restaurant ("the belt was going the other way around!", objecting with chopsticks in your hand (yes, not polite)), HQ of a cult/new religion, someone starved to death even though it seems the victim could have gotten something to eat, someone drowned to death in his own room, Alice in Wonderland-themed story (every other Japanese detective story seems to have a reference), a murder exchange (I scratch your back, you scratch my back), writers (murdered him for his superspecialawesome story!), puppet mansion, on top of a giant statue, during a terrorist attack (now I think about it, that Conan game was kinda crazy), hospital, ramen restaurant, museum, across the country (dead bodies being sent away in a trunk)

I like pretty much all of your suggestions, but how would one pull of the starvation murder? It sounds really...dark, for some reason.

I sort of want a school prom to be a crime scene, simply because of all the potential clichés and stereotypes you can make fun of.

迷探偵

I doubt GS script writers would work with that though; it's very much an American custom and they already did the school-setting in DD...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

You know, a Mario game!

How would one pull off the starvation murder? Simple, they'd just lock them up in a cage or something and not feed them. Though I have to say that starvation IS an incredibly cruel way to kill somebody. Or, better yet, the main character ends up accidentally coming across someone locked up without food and frees them.
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
How would one pull off the starvation murder? Simple, they'd just lock them up in a cage or something and not feed them. Though I have to say that starvation IS an incredibly cruel way to kill somebody. Or, better yet, the main character ends up accidentally coming across someone locked up without food and frees them.

That would certainly justify an m rating for sure. That is a particularly gruesome way to go. Specially if they try and gnaw an arm off or something.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ash wrote:
A small list of interesting crime scenes / backgrounds I've come across in the things I've read this year, which might be interesting for GS6:

Mirror house, kaitenzushi restaurant ("the belt was going the other way around!", objecting with chopsticks in your hand (yes, not polite)),

Wait, didn't Apollo once mention that he'd take Phoenix and Athena (and Trucy) to a sushi restaurant? I can actually imagine a scene like that happening.

Quote:
HQ of a cult/new religion, someone starved to death even though it seems the victim could have gotten something to eat, someone drowned to death in his own room, Alice in Wonderland-themed story (every other Japanese detective story seems to have a reference),

I like this one, but I'm not sure how to show it in a GS game. Can Apollo be the late rabbit? It could definitely work, but it might not be original enough within such a massive genre.

Quote:
a murder exchange (I scratch your back, you scratch my back), writers ("Yes, I murdered him for his superspecialawesome story!"),

Well, we did have a nonfiction writer in TR, but she was just a witness...

Quote:
puppet mansion, on top of a giant statue, during a terrorist attack (now I think about it, that Conan game was kinda crazy),

Which one?

Quote:
hospital, ramen restaurant,

W-what!? Whyyyyyy, not the ramen!

Quote:
museum, all across the country (dead bodies being sent away in a trunk; can you prove who sent it/when/where to/who got it)

I did suggest a murder via subway transit, so it could be an alternative to that last one.

Quote:

( ?´_ゝ`)

迷探偵

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Ash wrote:
Quote:
puppet mansion, on top of a giant statue, during a terrorist attack (now I think about it, that Conan game was kinda crazy),

Which one?

Marionette Symphony (3DS). Conan & the gang solve murders during a terrorist attack. And fight the terrorists. The use of the zapping system isn't perfect, but the way it becomes clear what the creators wanted to do with this story at the end of the game is amazing.

Quote:
Quote:

Why not? You could do a great poisoning story (like the one featured in Conan two or three years ago) like in the kaitenzushi restaurant because of the amount of objects that could be poisoned, there are distinct 'customs' and unwritten rules that could be used. I like 4-2, but I always thought it a shame ramen never made into the spotlight in that case.

Quote:
Quote:

( ?´_ゝ`)

ココロスコープやで。

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:

Mirror house

ASH PLS

also about starvation: it can take quite a bit for someone to starve to death. It's not like a stabbing or shooting, where you do it and it's done. Your body goes into crisis/conservation mode once you don't get anything to eat for a while, which makes it then take even longer. You gotta somehow lock up the victim for however long it takes, but then you also need reasonable precautions to absolutely make sure they don't attract any attention or escape or anything... It just seems like it requires a lot of care, attention, and detail, and even then is kinda sloppy.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Ash wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why not? You could do a great poisoning story (like the one featured in Conan two or three years ago) like in the kaitenzushi restaurant because of the amount of objects that could be poisoned, there are distinct 'customs' and unwritten rules that could be used. I like 4-2, but I always thought it a shame ramen never made into the spotlight in that case.

But I share Maya's love of ramen... Ah, yeah, I get what you're talking about.

We've had poisoned coffee, a poisoned stamp, and poisoned nail polish, but no poisoned food (and Armstrong's lobster doesn't count). I genuinely believed, or rather hoped, there was going to be an attempted poisoning in 4-2, but meh.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

( ?´_ゝ`)

ココロスコープやで。

(([⁰ワ⁰])) | [`へ´] | ([>д<]) | [⁰o⁰]

Ultimate Survivor

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
emimprov wrote:

Agreed. It'd make understanding the criminal's motive, and the case as a whole, that much easier if we got a different side to the story besides those of witnesses. Heck, why not leave the question open during trial, so we can later visit the victim through spirit channeling and ask them then? shameless Maya cameo included

And speaking of not-so-new ideas, why not make a game in which the characters don't react to testimony during cross-examination like it's the first time they hear it (unless it really is)? The cross-examination is made very clear to be after the testimony is given the first time. I prefer how it was done in the movie: the witness gives testimony, and then Nick asks the questions. Plus, he shouldn't need the witness to add so-and-so to their testimony when they've already said it once. Just object to the problem statement right then and there. It makes the trial flow much more smoothly, and the programming put into it wouldn't be that much more tedious. (Admittedly, the script writing would be, but that's always tedious anyway.)

By that fact, I could even suggest that they add in a concept of time, such that taking too long to answer a question could mean a penalty. I know some people enjoy taking their sweet time on questions, but it would definitely add to the difficulty by including a sense of urgency. There was one moment in 5-1 during which a real-time-based clock would fit perfectly, for example. In situations like that, if the timer ran out, the game would have to force in a bad ending or something, rather than just a simple penalty. DD had multiple bad endings in a single game for once; it won't be too bad to add a couple more.

Heheh, if they go that route, they can't have us meeting TOO many victims before they die, though. If they go too overboard with it, it's REALLY going to make Phoenix and the other agency lawyers seem like death magnets. (More than they already are.)

I don't know how I feel about bringing channeling back...I guess it could work, and it would be worth it to actually see one of the Fey girls channel a man. (We only HEARD about Greg being channeled...)

WHY am I TYPING like L'Belle?

We have a dearth of formerly known victims in this series and you worry about going overboard? It's not like they absolutely have to bring Maya back in the next game, but by this point, I don't think we should be concerned about her nigh pointless cameo.

迷探偵

Bad Player wrote:
Ash wrote:

Mirror house

ASH PLS

BAD PLAYER WHT? (seriously though, what?)

Quote:
also about starvation: it can take quite a bit for someone to starve to death. It's not like a stabbing or shooting, where you do it and it's done. Your body goes into crisis/conservation mode once you don't get anything to eat for a while, which makes it then take even longer. You gotta somehow lock up the victim for however long it takes, but then you also need reasonable precautions to absolutely make sure they don't attract any attention or escape or anything... It just seems like it requires a lot of care, attention, and detail, and even then is kinda sloppy.

Everyone is going on how cruel it is (it is, of course), but Morikawa Tomoki's Two Detectives and One Watson is one of the funniest mystery novels I've read this year.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
But I share Maya's love of ramen...

*whistles*

Actually, I've been playing a lot with ideas for a ramen mystery myself lately, though I should probably come up with scenarios I myself can actually solve. Makes writing a bit easier

((([^_^]))) | [`Д´] | [;_;] | [o_o]

You know, a Mario game!

I'd personally like to see one where your client is guilty, but was being blackmailed into doing the crime by another individual. Currently we've only had ONE case with a guilty client, so I'd like to see another one.

I'd like to see Franziska make a return with a new, older design that reflects the time that's past, similar to the new designs Edgeworth and Pearl got. I also hope that they bring back Winston Payne for the tutorial case, I couldn't STAND his brother.
My Twitter Account

The cape is self-fluttering

dimentiorules wrote:
I'd personally like to see one where your client is guilty, but was being blackmailed into doing the crime by another individual. Currently we've only had ONE case with a guilty client, so I'd like to see another one.

Spoiler: 1-5, 3-2
Technically, we've had that with Lana Skye/Damon Gant, and Ron DeLite/Luke Atmey/Kane Bullard, though in the first case the crime was forgery/tampering with the crime scene, and the second case was a mix of thievery and Luke Atmey murdering his blackmailer and just not being your client.

But I agree that an actual client "blackmailed into committing murder" would be interesting for a case.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Ash wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

*whistles*

Actually, I've been playing a lot with ideas for a ramen mystery myself lately, though I should probably come up with scenarios I myself can actually solve. Makes writing a bit easier

(ˉqˉ) Dammit, Ash. It's still morning here, so I haven't eaten lunch yet.

Now I'm stuck. I like the idea of ramen mysteries, but the thought of poisoning them would feel so heartbreaking... Maybe we could just go with death by allergic reaction. (Oh, it's totally not an accident...)

(([⁰ワ⁰])) | ([`へ´]) | ([>д<]) | [⁰o⁰]

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Ash wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

*whistles*

Now I'm stuck. I like the idea of ramen mysteries, but the thought of poisoning them would feel so heartbreaking... Maybe we could just go with death by allergic reaction. (Oh, it's totally not an accident...)

Death by allergic reaction? I can see it now:

Apollo: It wasn't pasta at all...IT WAS RAMEN! The killer just pretended to serve the victim spaghetti!

Klavier: OBJECTION! Don't they contain the same ingr...

Juniper: Well, I've heard all I needed to! The defense may now buy me dinner!

Klavier: What the fu...

*Kristoph appears from nowhere* Kristoph: And now you know why I hate Wright so much, mein bruder.

Go away Kristoph, no one wants to share noodles with you any more.

I can see a clearer picture too. Most of the case revolves around all other possibilities beside allergic reaction, and it'd make the biggest WTF moment in the history of the courts. However, it was never meant to be an "accident"...

迷探偵

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Ash wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

*whistles*

計画通り (ニヤリ

Quote:

Soba allergy? Ramen noodles are switched with soba noodles, which kill the victim. And the noodles are switched back before the police comes.

I am going for something completely different with my ramen mystery though ^^'

Now that I think about it, wasn't there something like that in one of the Gyakuten Saiban manga? (Is it possible to be allergic to other kinds of noodles, actually? I'm going to search around later.)

Do tell.

Gettin' Old!

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Now that I think about it, wasn't there something like that in one of the Gyakuten Saiban manga? (Is it possible to be allergic to other kinds of noodles, actually? I'm going to search around later.)

Do tell.

I can confirm for you here:

Milo (Fairplay) Kent, A Gourmand Fighter, competed with other people to eat Eldoon's super spicy noodles on live TV for the Gourmand Fighter challenge show. Dresses like a magician, renowned for being a good sport.

Catchphrase: Dun Dun DONE! (for when he finishes a bowl).

Died on live TV after someone slipped poison into a bowl of noodles intended for Risa Iko, a competitor, and Milo swapped his bowl with hers before the match began.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I also recall another incident involving soba allergy specifically... an old man took a packet of what he thought was his medicine, but it was soba flour...? (I've only read the Japanese vers, so I wouldn't know the English names. I do recall that Mr. "Fairplay" there had the moniker of Mr. Justice. I couldn't help but picture him as Apollo.)

There were plenty of good ideas written into the manga, actually, even if a lot of them were frequently recycled concepts among mystery novels. Still, it's not like they stop the games from integrating similarly themed cases.

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Ash wrote:

Mirror house

ASH PLS

BAD PLAYER WHT? (seriously though, what?)

GK1-3 :P

Ultimate Survivor

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
We have a dearth of formerly known victims in this series and you worry about going overboard? It's not like they absolutely have to bring Maya back in the next game, but by this point, I don't think we should be concerned about her nigh pointless cameo.

Oh yeah, there's definitely a dearth, I just personally wouldn't want to see more than one case per game with a formerly known victim. Formerly known victims being either game or case-spanning (Mia, Misty) or one-offs (Grey, LeTouse).

Though it might be interesting to have a case in the future where they introduce 3 or 4 new faces at the start and you're left guessing who will kick the bucket and when. How morbid.

Edit: I guess that kind of already happens in the cases where you do meet the victims beforehand, but maybe they could stretch out the time to the actual murder or something? Make it more tense somehow? I 'unno.

1000% Knight

I don't really care about meeting the victims beforehand, to be honest. Unless everyone's movements before the crime are really important, it seems like it's kind of a waste. After all, at its core Ace Attorney is about murder mysteries, so you can't have that until, y'know, there's been a murder.

If they want to introduce and develop a victim, it should be in a previous case, not in the case the victim actually dies.
Page 7 of 42 [ 1676 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 42  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)