Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 2 of 4[ 140 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: AA6 open-spoiler discussion threadTopic%20Title

Wotter boy

I can def see both points of view on how Maya was handled.
Although I feel like being on the boxart was just complete eye-candy, because, even if you liked her, she still plays a smaller role.
I feel like Rayfa would fit better on the box instead.

Also, I dunno if this would be the best place to post thing but, does anyone have the Case 4 and 5 caseart?

Yabba Dabba Doo

knight210 wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

One major disappointment for me was the usage of Maya. She went through very little character development at all, and barely even got any screen time. I know this will change with the DLC, but all she did was get arrested and get kidnapped. We barely even saw her for most of the game, and that's pretty lame in my opinion. Why she's on the cover is beyond me (Although it's most likely for marketing purposes).

I think I read somewhere that the whole Khurain Kingdom was created for the sake of reviving Maya but if she doesn't get much screen time for herself then what is the point? Seriously, so disappointing...

Indochine Ramera wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

How was Maya handled in this game?

Well, reasonably well in my opinion. She feels more mature while still being herself (like the transformation Phoenix went through between T&T and DD you could say: he grew up but in the end he remains the same old Nick) and even if she was almost convicted and then abducted (like in the old games), I'd say she still has an important role considering what happens in case 5 so that's really all I wanted.

I mean, compared to Edgeworth who really had the most minor role, Maya was given some spotlight as a spirit medium and that's not something we had in the old games. In the initial trilogy she was Phoenix' assistant and of course there was the Fey feud, but Maya in this game is all about "being a mature spirit medium" and that's a side they never really took the time to develop past the Fey feud so I was quite happy with how it turned out to be.

That being said, I'm quite easy to satisfy when it comes to the Ace Attorney series and especially on the characters of the first trilogy because they are characters who gave me a lot of feels for more than ten years so basically all I wanted was for Maya to return and I'm glad we got to see more of her and that she was given an actual role in the main story.

....Just to give you an idea, I really wouldn't mind if Capcom decided to make a game about only Nick, Maya and an old prosecutor like Franny and Edgey + Gumshoe/Ema as the recurring characters in the current timeline (of course with Pearl and Trucy on the side). I'm quite nostalgic of the first trilogy and I doubt any other game of this series will ever beat it for me so basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm definitely biased when it comes to the old characters and so about how Maya was handled in this game. :hobohodo:

From what I've read, people are not happy with how they handled Maya though... Even in case 3 where she was the most prominent, she still had pretty limited screen time... Her being a sprit medium was important to the case sure but I feel like she herself never got beyond the point of just being an eye candy.

I think it might just be a way to re-introduce her to the series. If they make GS7, I would think she'd have a more prominent role, especially since she should be done with her training. But in this game, she most definitely didn't live up to the hype. She pretty much just served as motivation for Phoenix throughout the game.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
I can def see both points of view on how Maya was handled.
Although I feel like being on the boxart was just complete eye-candy, because, even if you liked her, she still plays a smaller role.
I feel like Rayfa would fit better on the box instead.

Also, I dunno if this would be the best place to post thing but, does anyone have the Case 4 and 5 caseart?

Rayfa should have definitely been on the caseart instead.

As for the Case 4 and 5 artwork, I haven't found anything yet. It might be on the Tumblr page though.

Gardevoir lover

I really she doesn't become a permanent part of the main characters again, i'm fine with her showing up here and there on some occasions in a supporting role but i don't want her to become a permanent fixture in the main cast.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Wotter boy

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I really she doesn't become a permanent part of the main characters again, i'm fine with her showing up here and there on some occasions in a supporting role but i don't want her to become a permanent fixture in the main cast.

So kinda like Pearl and Trucy? She's there and she's important sometimes, but not all the time.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Klonoahedgehog wrote:

There's a chance she won't be (Although I doubt it). I kinda agree with what you're saying, though. I'd love to see Trucy, Athena, and Pearl get more character development. If maya is just like this in GS7, then she's just a waste of space IMO.

Hot Dog

Mm, I think that I understand why Maya was so "underused", so to speak. I think that they were afraid of the fans' reaction to how they handled her. I mean, everybody was expecting her comeback. They had to be very cautious with her, she could not be out of character. So Maya expends most of the game out of focus, being kidnapped, arrested, channeling someone, whatever, the important thing is that they thought that she should be out of the picture. Why make her come back if they are not going to give her an important role in the story? Well, fanservice I suppose. I know a lot of people that regained interest in the series after knowing that Maya was going to be in the new game.

Moving on, I am really satisfied with all the five cases. Even the filler case seems to be more interesting than the one with Klavier's band, the one in the theme park or the one with the yokais, with Athena and Simon and their psychological approach. The third one is the most interesting in my opinion and I can't wait to play it. The final case gives me some "AAI meets PLvsAA" vibes and I don't know if I will like it, guess I'll have to wait and see in my own 3DS.

And they really went crazy with the female killers after having none in Dual Destines! XD

Yabba Dabba Doo

One of the best things is the incredible villains we get. Rock God Jesus, Anti Downey Jr., Mayaman and Saara, April Moe, Asshole Politician, and Female Seymour are all very engaging with good motives to boot.

Last edited by Thunder84 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wotter boy

Proyectil wrote:
And they really went crazy with the female killers after having none in Dual Destines! XD

I guess to make up for the complete like of female villains in DD lol

Gardevoir lover

Thunder84 wrote:
One of the best things is the incredible villains we get. Rock God Jesus, Anti Downey Jr., Mayaman and Saara, April May the clown, Asshole Politician, and Garan are all very engaging with good motives to boot.

These are perfect titles for an honest trailer.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
One of the best things is the incredible villains we get. Rock God Jesus, Anti Downey Jr., Mayaman and Saara, April May the clown, Asshole Politician, and Garan are all very engaging with good motives to boot.

These are perfect titles for an honest trailer.

Maya would be called fanservice lol.

What's between the bread?

Really I think given that Maya and Apollo both have obvious queues for more story I'm wondering if they'll use AA7 to actually bring some closure, with both Maya becoming Master of Kurain Village. I could easily see, just to name a few possible case ideas: Apollo defending a fellow lawyer accused of murder while trying to not make it look like the revamped legal system is corrupt (complete with a possible evil Prosecutor if we wanna go back to that well), Thalassa targeted and then framed for murder (Athena could even take the lead as Phoenix is forced to step down due to someone accusing him of a conflict of interest), and Maya's attempt to become master hampered when a possible suitor ends up dead (sure to give fuel for the shippers even if they don't pull the trigger on a Phoenix/Maya thing, plus logical since as we saw with Misty having an heir is kind of important). Morgan Fey is still alive so she could easily return, perhaps in a twist playing the game's final victim, and as Phoenix tries to find the truth Apollo returns with spirit medium help of his own in an epic investigation that ends with Maya finally being deemed Master.

Of course, earlier I was taking pot-shots at Capcom for never wanting to dare do closure...

Yabba Dabba Doo

WildSandwich wrote:
Really I think given that Maya and Apollo both have obvious queues for more story I'm wondering if they'll use AA7 to actually bring some closure, with both Maya becoming Master of Kurain Village. I could easily see, just to name a few possible case ideas: Apollo defending a fellow lawyer accused of murder while trying to not make it look like the revamped legal system is corrupt (complete with a possible evil Prosecutor if we wanna go back to that well), Thalassa targeted and then framed for murder (Athena could even take the lead as Phoenix is forced to step down due to someone accusing him of a conflict of interest), and Maya's attempt to become master hampered when a possible suitor ends up dead (sure to give fuel for the shippers even if they don't pull the trigger on a Phoenix/Maya thing, plus logical since as we saw with Misty having an heir is kind of important). Morgan Fey is still alive so she could easily return, perhaps in a twist playing the game's final victim, and as Phoenix tries to find the truth Apollo returns with spirit medium help of his own in an epic investigation that ends with Maya finally being deemed Master.

Of course, earlier I was taking pot-shots at Capcom for never wanting to dare do closure...

Just a heads up, but Phoenix defending Thalassa wouldn't be Conflict of Interest at all. CoI has to do with, say, someone witnessing a murder and then defending/prosecuting the defendant. Their view would be biased and they wouldn't be allowed to testify.

Thunder84 wrote:
WildSandwich wrote:

Just a heads up, but Phoenix defending Thalassa wouldn't be Conflict of Interest at all. CoI has to do with, say, someone witnessing a murder and then defending/prosecuting the defendant. Their view would be biased and they wouldn't be allowed to testify.

You're assuming the prosecutor doesn't pull a great deal of BS. It could even be that Phoenix knows what the prosecutor is implying isn't actually a CoI, but he doesn't want Trucy to find out who the woman they need to defend is this way, and the prosecutor knows this. Devious and underhanded.

Yabba Dabba Doo

WildSandwich wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
WildSandwich wrote:

You're assuming the prosecutor doesn't pull a great deal of BS. It could even be that Phoenix knows what the prosecutor is implying isn't actually a CoI, but he doesn't want Trucy to find out who the woman they need to defend is this way, and the prosecutor knows this. Devious and underhanded.

Even if the prosecutor tried that, the Judge would say no immediately. The fact is that you can't accuse someone of Conflict of Interest just by defending a client.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Thunder84 wrote:
One of the best things is the incredible villains we get. Rock God Jesus, Anti Downey Jr., Mayaman and Saara, April May Reincarnated, Asshole Politician, and Female Seymour are all very engaging with good motives to boot.

Yabba Dabba Doo

EDIT: Whoops, double post.

Thunder84 wrote:
One of the best things is the incredible villains we get. Rock God Jesus, Anti Downey Jr., Mayaman and Saara, April Moe, Asshole Politician, and Garan are all very engaging with good motives to boot.

Also, that Inga guy is probably the embodiment of the "obviously evil" trope.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Upgrader01 wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
One of the best things is the incredible villains we get. Rock God Jesus, Anti Downey Jr., Mayaman and Saara, April Moe, Asshole Politician, and Garan are all very engaging with good motives to boot.

That name is beautiful.

Thunder84 wrote:
Upgrader01 wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

That name is beautiful.

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw that "all breakdowns" video. Funnily enough, it seems another guy in the AA subreddit came up with the exact same name and posted it there before I even saw that video.

Wotter boy

Thunder84 wrote:
Even if the prosecutor tried that, the Judge would say no immediately. The fact is that you can't accuse someone of Conflict of Interest just by defending a client.

Since when as real logic ever applied to AA and poor Udgey lol

Yabba Dabba Doo

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

Considering these courts accepted a tiny ass child stealing a shotgun from a 6-foot interpol agent and then shooting said interpol agent with no injuries, your comment is very true.

Thunder84 wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

Considering these courts accepted a tiny ass child stealing a shotgun from a 6-foot interpol agent and then shooting said interpol agent with no injuries, your comment is very true.

Plus there's stuff like the judge at points having to be talked into cross-examinations, false evidence, etc. Even if it isn't the specific conflict of interest charge, I'm sure they could create an opponent who is able to manipulate proceedings to such an extreme, given we've seen it in the past. Really, the supposed Dark Age of Law may not be over yet, and a prosecutor Edgeworth can't just get away with firing for whatever reason (politics maybe) is using false evidence and Edgey purposely assigns the guy to cases where Wright and Co are defending to try and get concrete proof of fabrication and such.

hey why

I like the game. I do. Cases 1-4 are really interesting to me. The returning characters are basically eyecandy and fan service, but I expected as much. Case 5 is...big and paced to shit and back. But ehhhhhh.

I think Case 3 is my favorite so far. Something about solving the mystery by cross examining one of the victims is really uniqe to me.

Wotter boy

Velanovania wrote:
I like the game. I do. Cases 1-4 are really interesting to me. The returning characters are basically eyecandy and fan service, but I expected as much. Case 5 is...big and paced to shit and back. But ehhhhhh.

I think Case 3 is my favorite so far. Something about solving the mystery by cross examining one of the victims is really uniqe to me.

Saara and Malmel's story in case three made me cryyyy
I honestly really like both their characters and I think they're some of my favourite new characters in the game.

I really love the Japanifornia cases, more than the Khura'in cases honestly. Something about seeing both Apollo and Athena grow in those cases gives me a sense of happy. Especially Athena, with such a small role she got, I'm really glad she got a crazy filler case to herself.

Derper

Anime Cutscenes
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Wotter boy

mfw Saara is a complete bada-

You know, after DD I felt that Capcom introduced too many "main characters" in the franchise. Not only Phoenix, but also Apollo, Athena... Not to mention many strong supporting characters. Capcom can't fit them all in one game so that everybody would be happy. I think that splitting Phoenix and Apollo was a must in this situation.

Do you feel that Apollo staying in Khura'in may be Capcom's try to give him his own spin-off games, like he was supposed to have so many years ago (I'm talking about GS4, in which Phoenix was included ONLY because of Executive Meddling)? I remember that before GS6 premiere I read in one article that developers wanted Phoenix to go to Khura'in "because there were no new challenges for him" in Japan/Japanifornia. Maybe now they want to launch a new game showing Apollo's further adventures in Khura'in? Possibly with Maya (if I remember correctly, she stays in Khura'in to finish her training, she doesn't come back with Phoenix) :ron: ?

Derper

Kiva wrote:
Do you feel that Apollo staying in Khura'in may be Capcom's try to give him his own spin-off games, like he was supposed to have so many years ago (I'm talking about GS4, in which Phoenix was included ONLY because of Executive Meddling)? I remember that before GS6 premiere I read in one article that developers wanted Phoenix to go to Khura'in "because there were no new challenges for him" in Japan/Japanifornia. Maybe now they want to launch a new game showing Apollo's further adventures in Khura'in? Possibly with Maya (if I remember correctly, she stays in Khura'in to finish her training, she doesn't come back with Phoenix) :ron: ?

Who knows? After all, sales are the ones that are going to do most of the talking.

Depending on how you interpret how they worded Dai Gyakuten Saiban being "slow" on their financial report, the series might end with Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 if that and AA6 flops.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Reglare wrote:

After that final cut scene, I'm almost positive that Apollo will get a game in Khura'in.

When no other bird dares to take wing.

So from the sound of it, Edgeworth's only real contribution to the plot is to charter the flight that gets everyone back to Khura'in.

Well, okay. I suppose it's not really his title. And apparently he watches an episode of the Steel Samurai knock-off and gets pretty steamed. And the shot with Trucy in the cutscene is pretty cute.

On to the DLC case! Which he'll lose, because... Phoenix.

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Kiva wrote:
You know, after DD I felt that Capcom introduced too many "main characters" in the franchise. Not only Phoenix, but also Apollo, Athena... Not to mention many strong supporting characters. Capcom can't fit them all in one game so that everybody would be happy. I think that splitting Phoenix and Apollo was a must in this situation.

I would not say no, if that's what they were doing with that. I'm admittedly biased, but I could never say no to more Apollo. It's also probably one of the few ways I could finally and totally positively accept the ending, which I'm currently wavering over.

Maya does go back to Japan though; the post-credits cutscene has her and Pearl in Kurain. Ema we MIGHT see more of though, because her post-credits is talking to Edgeworth about how she's going back to Khura'in with Nayuta.

Some other fun post-credits stuff that is killing me slowly: Trucy says it's lonely without Apollo so she may go visit him, and then there's that whole thing with player-character Thalassa and Phoenix talking about how it's probably finally time to tell them the truth. That particular scene was played a bit differently, with the usual blips being used and also no bgm, so it's probably a sequel hook...?

Either way I'm rly hoping we finally get some proper closure for the siblings thing in GS7. (which....is coming, right?)

glad y'all enjoyed my liveblog :yogi:

When no other bird dares to take wing.

NinjAngel wrote:
glad y'all enjoyed my liveblog

That was you?! THANK you!

Quote:
Ema we MIGHT see more of though, because her post-credits is talking to Edgeworth about how she's going back to Khura'in with Nayuta.

Some other fun post-credits stuff that is killing me slowly: Trucy says it's lonely without Apollo so she may go visit him, and then there's that whole thing with player-character Thalassa and Phoenix talking about how it's probably finally time to tell them the truth. That particular scene was played a bit differently, with the usual blips being used and also no bgm, so it's probably a sequel hook...?

Either way I'm rly hoping we finally get some proper closure for the siblings thing in GS7. (which....is coming, right?)

If I were an Apollo fan, I'd be jumping for joy right now. They've pretty much set up Apollo Justice: Investigations -- legacy of his TWO dads, new brother, Ema as his possible sis-in-law, Trucy inevitably going to realize she's his sister, exotic location AND a ready-made plot for him to tackle so he can prove himself...? Things are really looking up for the poor kid. :apollo:

Yabba Dabba Doo

NinjAngel wrote:
Kiva wrote:

I would not say no, if that's what they were doing with that. I'm admittedly biased, but I could never say no to more Apollo. It's also probably one of the few ways I could finally and totally positively accept the ending, which I'm currently wavering over.

Maya does go back to Japan though; the post-credits cutscene has her and Pearl in Kurain. Ema we MIGHT see more of though, because her post-credits is talking to Edgeworth about how she's going back to Khura'in with Nayuta.

glad y'all enjoyed my liveblog :yogi:

I could easily see Apollo getting his own trilogy in Khura'in, assuming Capcom wants to do that. Apollo as the head, Trucy as the assistant, Ema as the detective, Nayuta as the Edgeworth-type person, Datz as a Larry-type person, Bokuto as a Pearl-type character, and Rayfa could kind of be her own character. Of course, Capcom would still have to deal with Phoenix and Athena in the WAA, but I could see them making a game in Khura'in, then a game in Japan, etc.

Also, thank you for the live blog.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Yeah, I can see Ahlbi in a Pearl-style role in the next game. Here's my analogy of each character:

Apollo = Phoenix
Trucy/Athena = Maya
Nayuta = Edgeworth
Ema = Gumshoe
Ahlbi = Pearl
Garan = Manfred von Karma
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yabba Dabba Doo

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Yeah, I can see Ahlbi in a Pearl-style role in the next game. Here's my analogy of each character:

Apollo = Phoenix
Trucy/Athena = Maya
Nayuta = Edgeworth
Ema = Gumshoe
Ahlbi = Pearl
Garan = Manfred von Karma

I wonder who Inga would be. Hammond, maybe?

Derper

By the way, they found a possible connection between Guitair's Serenade and Apollo's dad's death.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Reglare wrote:
By the way, they found a possible connection between Guitair's Serenade and Apollo's dad's death.

That's really deep. I honesty hope the intention was to follow the Serenade, just because of how sad it would be.

AA6 Hype!

:holdit: Apollo said that he's staying in Khu'rain only until he can help fix the pretty screwed up legal system. After that- To Los Tokyos, Japanifornia.
So Apollo will be out for a year or two, I guess.

Gardevoir lover

Consul Lentulus wrote:
:holdit: Apollo said that he's staying in Khu'rain only until he can help fix the pretty screwed up legal system. After that- To Los Tokyos, Japanifornia.
So Apollo will be out for a year or two, I guess.

I'd say more like 3, 4 or 5. He took over his dad's law office, i'm not sure if that's something you do as a short term arrangement.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Can someone get a screenshot of Garan's unique speech bubble? (400x240 resolution, please)
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Page 2 of 4 [ 140 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)