Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 5 of 6[ 207 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: Which AA Character you'd like to see in GS6?Topic%20Title

Hates Teen Titan justice

cesar26100 wrote:
MoleLocus wrote:

- A killer from earlier cases appearing as suspect

That is something I would like to see, actually.It's been done in fangames before but it would be interesting to see how they would handle it in a canon game. Perhaps it could be a more sympathetic character that killed someone in self-defense like Dee Vazquez, giving the characters a reason to doubt they would murder someone again. Heck, they could even have Godot re-appear like that, and I'm sure it could make for some interesting reactions from certain characters.

Godot should come back I miss him too :sob:
"They won't find the generators Robin and they can't see me they can't see the truth Robin even when it's right in front of them."-Slade

Mia Payne

[quote="Sladetheprosecutor"
Godot should come back I miss him too :sob:[/quote]

But he's dead.

Actually, he's been only incarcerated. However, his story arc is done, so I don't see the need for a coming back.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

is a five star man.

Slammer wrote:
Actually, he's been only incarcerated. However, his story arc is done, so I don't see the need for a coming back.

I completely agree, bringing back Godot would only really be mindless fanservice, and would add nothing to his character (as much as I might personally like to see it.)

However, this confuses me. The death penalty clearly exists in the AA-verse, what with it being based on Japanese law, so surely Godot is dead, or at least on death row. Although, would the Judge, knowing the entire situation, actually sentence him to death rather than just life? Ugh, I've gone and confused the situation for myself :P
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

The death penalty exist, as has been confirmed by what happened to Dahlia, but that doesn't mean EVERYONE who commits a murder is senteced to death. In AAI2 we see that Frank Sahwit, who murdered someone while trying to rob their apartment, didn't even get a life sentence, so I don't see why Godot would be sentenced to death.
Signature loading, please wait...

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Slammer wrote:

Not saying I disagree, but the "story arc is over" argument needs to die. A good writer treats his/her characters like real people. Would you say YOUR story arc is over? No! There are TONS of possibilities. Don't underestimate the writer... unless that writer is someone other than Shu Takumi
(Just kidding.)
The execution rests, Your Honor.

AceAssistant wrote:
Slammer wrote:

Not saying I disagree, but the "story arc is over" argument needs to die. A good writer treats his/her characters like real people. Would you say YOUR story arc is over? No! There are TONS of possibilities. Don't underestimate the writer... unless that writer is someone other than Shu Takumi
(Just kidding.)

You just answered your own question. The writer is not Takumi anymore.

They'd need to write a new story for a character they didn't create. Just notice how they completely overlooked Edgeworth trilogy arc, while developing GK. And how they treated Trucy and Pearl in DD.

You should be a very capable writer in order to continue a character arc, whose creator had brought to an end. Also... I'd say it'd be a hard challenge, even for the creator himself.

Arthur Conan Doyle had a very hard time writing new Sherlock Holmes novels, since he had meant to finish his arc with "The Final Problem". He was forced to bring him back to life and invent new stories, just because the readers wanted more Sherlock Holmes.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

is a five star man.

AceAssistant wrote:
Slammer wrote:

(Just kidding.)

I think that the 'story arc is over' argument is fine. You see, AA is not about real people, and some characters only exist to serve a specific story arc. Takumi has written Godot out of the story in a very neat and clean way; a way that means he probably shouldn't be bought back, especially not by Yamasaki, as Slammer talked about.

It's true that I can think of lots of ways to bring Godot back, but that doesn't mean he SHOULD be bought back. For one thing, it is actually quite difficult to find a non contrived way to bring Godot back into Phoenix's or Apollo's story. Some characters, such as Kristoph, could easily be bought back, because Takumi left a clear opening for his return, but he didn't do the same with Godot.
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Yeah, I never saw Godot coming back either. That's why I said, "Not that I disagree".
That being said, big characters like Maya Fey -- who many claim to have an arc that is already closed -- CAN be brought back, and "arc" can be added to her story in the form of her new role as master.

(Come to think of it, she's probably the only Trilogy main character with anything left. Or maybe Gumshoe climbed the police-ranking ladder or something since then.)

ASCEND

Slammer wrote:

From what I've heard, people think Godot is dead because he appeared at the top of Larry's sketch along with Mia Fey and Elise Deaxnim (I have no clue if I spelled that right) who are both also dead. As for a cause of death, it's possible he was killed by his wound.

As for this whole death penalty thing, it's my opinion that 1st-degree murder is the only kind that actually gets the death penalty. That explains why Frank Sahwit didn't get the death penalty, but Dahlia Hawthorne did.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I'd like to see Kay come back, as an acknowledgement to the Investigations series.

ASCEND

MBr wrote:
I'd like to see Kay come back, as an acknowledgement to the Investigations series.

Anyone coming back from Investigations would be cool! Those games are usually just left alone and never really involved in the main series. The only thin really linking them is main series characters cameoing in the Investigations games.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

So... Athena's back. :headbang:

I'm so... Cyked. *cough *cough :headbang:

Really, though. Athena's greeeeeat... :headbang:

I don't even care that she was confirmed before Maya. :headbang:

My sense of priority matches Capcom's 100%. :headbang:

http://nintendoeverything.com/athena-cy ... confirmed/

Don't know if she's playable yet, but... there you go.
Athena Cykes has been confirmed for Ace Attorney 6.
(Also, free investigation is back. :phoenix: )

:)

I hope to see a cameo from Franziska, I wonder what she's up to nowadays.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Maya, Franziska and Lang for Kurain.

Ema, Klavier (in a better role than DD please!), Blackquill, Lamiroir, Gumshoe for LA. And Winston Payne? Because Gaspen is in Kurain, right?

Maya Fey and Vera Misham.

Possibly Godot as well (if he's still alive, that is).

Daily dose of crazy!

I'd like to have Maya :maya: or Pearl :pearl: purely for gameplay reasons. I want to use the Mood Matrix on the victim!

*scribble scribble*

Maya Fey definitely. Anything Kurain isn't the same without Maya and the Feys.

And Ema during Apollo's trials.
"People are like books. We've all got a front and a back. You get my drift?"

I like to think I'm a scientist

I'm CYKED (hah) to see Athena back! And that Trucy apparently is headlining a show - please bring back the Trucy we know and love from AJ...

That said, if Maya DOESN'T come back in AA6, I will pout for months. I adore Maya to no end and she'd BETTER be back... Still, with a game about spirit mediums set in Kurain Kingdom, there's no way she won't be back, right?

And, that said - I want to see Franziska again. She's a jet-setting world traveler, it's possible.

Ema during Apollo's sections back in Japanifornia, too.

And Gumshoe and Maggey. I miss them. (whispers The Ideal: Gumshoe and Maggey are in Kurain on their honeymoon because also c'mon Capcom, please)
Great big hopefully-scientific Ace Attorney fandom shipping survey: http://aceattorneyshipping.tumblr.com/

Honestly, I would just love to have Gumshoe, Maya, and Franziska back. Maya was such a big, important character in Phoenix's life and having her not come back would seem... weird. Gumshoe because, well, pal, you gotta pay homage to the kind-hearted detective. Franziska, well, that's more of just because it'd be cool.

What about a case involving Shelly DeKiller? I think that might actually be interesting, considering that was never completely tied up.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

If Blackquill returns, I hope he gets speaking roles in the anime cutscenes, rather than just having the voice clips. Also, for about two years or so, we've been assuming that Blackquill was voiced by Troy Baker, but some say that it sounded more like J Michael Tatum.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I haven't played this game for so long. I want to see many of the old characters return. With the story in Apollo Justice, I rather they stick to new characters. I feel with that game the actions previously established already felt off. If they were to bring the old characters back it just would ruin their previous stories. I wish Apollo Justice was a different game that never directly dealt with the characters of Phoenix Wright's arc at all.

Long story short, before Apollo Justice if the next ace attorney game involving Phoenix Wright would continue from the last one he was in in I would say all of them. With how Apollo Justice turned out though, I am hesitant on seeing any returning characters and their messed up new stories.

Art Person

Madd wrote:
I wish Apollo Justice was a different game that never directly dealt with the characters of Phoenix Wright's arc at all.

The series creator wanted to do this too, but Capcom forced him to keep Phoenix in, hence why Phoenix lost his badge.

But yeah, I want Kristoph and Ema back. Ema should be the game's detective, and we should also learn why Kristoph had black psyche-locks. (What deep emotional trauma was he hiding?)

Mia Payne

SuperAj3 wrote:
Madd wrote:
I wish Apollo Justice was a different game that never directly dealt with the characters of Phoenix Wright's arc at all.

The series creator wanted to do this too, but Capcom forced him to keep Phoenix in, hence why Phoenix lost his badge.

But yeah, I want Kristoph and Ema back. Ema should be the game's detective, and we should also learn why Kristoph had black psyche-locks. (What deep emotional trauma was he hiding?)

Oh my gosh, not this again.

The psyche-locks WERE broken in court. That was the whole thing. He hid his plan, his murder.

Chronically Unstable

Blizdi wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
Madd wrote:

The psyche-locks WERE broken in court. That was the whole thing. He hid his plan, his murder.

That, however, does not mean the whole truth is out. Even if the locks are broken, the secret itself, albeit impossible to extract from the bearer himself, is out in the open, waiting to be found. With that said, Kristoph's secret could still be a good plot point to use in the story, if used correctly.

Blizdi wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
Madd wrote:

Plus, the whole "deep trauma" thing was first introduced in Dual Destinies by Eshiro/Yamazaki. AJ was made by Takumi and the black psyche-locks were just some type of "unbreakable" psyche-locks, since he never suggested they were somehow connected to a trauma. The most logical conclusion is that Kristoph didn't want to admit his criminal acts, no matter how many evidence you would throw in his face (maybe because of his self-centered persona).

Mia Payne

Slammer wrote:
Plus, the whole "deep trauma" thing was first introduced in Dual Destinies by Eshiro/Yamazaki. AJ was made by Takumi and the black psyche-locks were just some type of "unbreakable" psyche-locks, since he never suggested they were somehow connected to a trauma. The most logical conclusion is that Kristoph didn't want to admit his criminal acts, no matter how many evidence you would throw in his face (maybe because of his self-centered persona).

Exactly. There's no dark secret. Kristoph admitted it all.

Art Person

Blizdi wrote:

If they broke, we would've seen the animation of them breaking in the game. They literally said they were unbreakable, so that never happened. Sure he "broke" down, and admitted to the crimes, but there was no explicit reasoning to why he wanted to commit the crime. My guess was he was an elitist, and didn't want Phoenix as competition as a rival. That, and he was annoyed by Zak switching attorney's over a card game.
Also, seeing as Apollo seems to know Nayuta, I wonder if the common thread is Kristoph?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

SuperAj3 wrote:
Also, seeing as Apollo seems to know Nayuta, I wonder if the common thread is Kristoph?

I don't think so. The way Apollo talks about him in the TGS trailer is totally ambiguous. He could just be referring to the guy as "some guy" as opposed to someone he actually knew from before.

In any case, I don't think the devs would want to tie Kristoph into anything else. The final bosses of each game never make a return in another, and at most, there'd be minute references to him that don't add much to the plot. Klavier sure didn't want to bring him up at all, so why would Apollo?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

ASCEND

SuperAj3 wrote:
If they broke, we would've seen the animation of them breaking in the game.

No we wouldn't have. Kristoph broke down on the stand when we were playing as Apollo, so he wouldn't have seen them breaking even if they had.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
The final bosses of each game never make a return in another, and at most, there'd be minute references to him that don't add much to the plot. Klavier sure didn't want to bring him up at all, so why would Apollo?

Manfred appeared in both AAI and AAI2 respectively.

Art Person

SuperAj3 wrote:

I don't think so. The way Apollo talks about him in the TGS trailer is totally ambiguous. He could just be referring to the guy as "some guy" as opposed to someone he actually knew from before.

In any case, I don't think the devs would want to tie Kristoph into anything else. The final bosses of each game never make a return in another, and at most, there'd be minute references to him that don't add much to the plot. Klavier sure didn't want to bring him up at all, so why would Apollo?

Seeing as now I'm seeing people say his story was tied up, I guess he won't really be mentioned and fair enough. I also didn't know about the ambiguous way of referring to Nayuta :payne:

Planetbox wrote:
No we wouldn't have. Kristoph broke down on the stand when we were playing as Apollo, so he wouldn't have seen them breaking even if they had.

Yeah Apollo doesn't have the magatama, but I do find it odd they'd bring in a new system like the black psyche-locks, say they're unbreakable and then leave it ambiguous until another writer explains it 7 years later when Athena also gets those locks. I always thought their reasoning was different in AJ to DD (seeing as those games had different writers), and I guess fair enough, when you look at DD, Kristoph did go crazy on the witness stand at the end and it can kinda be seen as "severe mental trauma". :Kristoph-hair:

Last edited by SuperAj3 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mia Payne

Auburnsun wrote:
The final bosses of each game never make a return in another, and at most, there'd be minute references to him that don't add much to the plot. Klavier sure didn't want to bring him up at all, so why would Apollo?

That's LITTERALLY the biggest straw gasping retort I've ever seen.

I assure you I do not gasp out straws. I admit I somehow forgot about MVK's reappearances?

But Kristoph's story is pretty much dead and gone. I'm not saying I'm 100% right on this and nothing will prove otherwise, but the chances are slim at best. Case in point: the direction the black psyche-locks took when they reached Yamazaki's hands. What will they be able to do with him if his locks were indeed broken violently? We'd be visiting him in a psychiatric hospital and listening to his insane musings, which I must agree will be amusing for a spell, but it'll get old fast.

Or are we going back to the classic theory that Kris fled to Kurain for some reason and Phoenix is now chasing him down? Heck, let's throw in the theory that Nayuta is actually Kristoph in disguise.

...Actually, now that I think about it, their hairstyles are suspiciously similar.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Blizdi wrote:
Auburnsun wrote:

That's LITTERALLY the biggest straw gasping retort I've ever seen.

How so? It's a fact he appeared in the games, the games made by the AAI staff nonetheless and it could be proof that the AAI team is willing to bring back "final boss characters". Kristoph is also heavily connected to main cast members the same way Manfred was (i.e. Apollo's mentor). I don't consider Kristoph returning to among the lines of say, Matt, returning.

DL-6 was concluded pretty well and we still saw some type of expansion upon it in AAI2. It's not likely Kristoph will be mentioned or even return again, but it IS a possibility.

But MVK only appeared in flashbacks, so it would probably be the same for Kristoph if he does appear.

Technically, Manfred could only appear in flashbacks since by the games in which he returned, they took place after the first (and second) game, so it wouldn't make sense for him to reappear otherwise.

Speaking of which, the only villain we've seen reappear after being convicted has been Frank Sahwit. It makes sense, since the dude was just a lowly robber who committed manslaughter, and has since been a model(?) prisoner. I can't say much for the rest of the convicted villain cast.

Edit: Okay, so maybe Dahlia technically returned, but she dead and gone for good.

luck wrote:
But MVK only appeared in flashbacks, so it would probably be the same for Kristoph if he does appear.

Yes, that would probably be the case. Perhaps we could see a younger Apollo along with Kristoph if they truly want to expand on Apollo's story. Yamazaki did say Apollo will have a great role in the game and he is a protagonist this time, so it's a possibility.

It's another possibility he could be channeled given the setting....but I have my doubts.

The miracle never happen

Let's see...
Maya Fey, Sister Iris, Franzy, Scruffy, Edgey-Poo, Diego Armando, Ema Skye, Lana Skye, and a lot of other people, but realistically, I don't think even half of those will make it in, maybe Maya, Edgey, and Ema, those are the only ones I actually think would work.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Page 5 of 6 [ 207 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)