Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

Assuming Psyche-Locks are back...Topic%20Title

Apollon Flame

Then that means that, with the replacement of the gauge with the icons, we have less "health" when trying to break a lock, meaning it's "more difficult" in that sense. Other than that, since Nick is faaar away at the Kingdom of Kurain, only the Wright investigation moments will offer the breaking of Psyche Locks, unless Apollo gets his own Magatama (which I doubt, unless they somehow introduce Pearls since she has one).

Speaking of which: does anyone think that Black Psyche-Locks will be making a return?
A King

in name

alone...
Re: Assuming Psyche-Locks are back...Topic%20Title

Art Person

I think, after hearing from others, the black psyche lock issue was resolved with GS5.
Also yeah, unless they use a gauge for psyche locks, and the hit point system for court it will be much tougher to guess things if you're not sure.

ASCEND

Unless you don't get penalties at all for failures while breaking Psyche-Locks, like it is in Dual Destinies.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Apollon Flame

Quote:
I think, after hearing from others, the black psyche lock issue was resolved with GS5.

I know we finally got to see the difference between a Black Psyche-Lock and a regular one in DD, but is it possible that that concept might make a return in GS6? Or do you think it should stay as a sort of "one night stand" sort of thing?

Quote:
Unless you don't get penalties at all for failures while breaking Psyche-Locks, like it is in Dual Destinies.

Really? Either I never noticed, or just forgot about that fact, lol.

By the by, I have this weird idea that somehow Apollo, Trucy or both will have Psyche-Locks that we'll need to unlock.
Spoiler:
Or perhaps Apollo is meant to break Lamiroir's locks and finally find out that they're related.

A King

in name

alone...

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I think black psyche locks would only return if they somehow returned to Kristoph's story, which I doubt they will unless they illuminate some of his motivations and tie it into GS6's story. But I actually really find Kristoph creepy in light of GS5's explanation of the black locks. pre-Gs5 you just think that he has some deep-seeded hate for Phoenix or Zak but since black locks now mean that (if I remember correctly) they don't remember or have blocked out what is behind them it makes Kristoph really interesting and unlike any other AA villain in that he doesn't know or has blocked out why he did all this. Maybe it goes into some psychological thing rather than a real motive, but it's really interesting. I don't think we've ever had a killer who just does it for the hell of it; even people like Dahlia or Joe Darke had some kind of motivation.

I figure they'll use the 5 strike system but it will refill after every chapter (I think in JFA and T&T they would keep whatever level you had throughout the entire case so if you screwed up a lot on psyche locks and the half-bar bonus didn't help that much then you'd go into court with that same level). I don't think they'll make it that hard.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Apollon Flame

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I think black psyche locks would only return if they somehow returned to Kristoph's story, which I doubt they will unless they illuminate some of his motivations and tie it into GS6's story. But I actually really find Kristoph creepy in light of GS5's explanation of the black locks. pre-Gs5 you just think that he has some deep-seeded hate for Phoenix or Zak but since black locks now mean that (if I remember correctly) they don't remember or have blocked out what is behind them it makes Kristoph really interesting and unlike any other AA villain in that he doesn't know or has blocked out why he did all this. Maybe it goes into some psychological thing rather than a real motive, but it's really interesting. I don't think we've ever had a killer who just does it for the hell of it; even people like Dahlia or Joe Darke had some kind of motivation.

I figure they'll use the 5 strike system but it will refill after every chapter (I think in JFA and T&T they would keep whatever level you had throughout the entire case so if you screwed up a lot on psyche locks and the half-bar bonus didn't help that much then you'd go into court with that same level). I don't think they'll make it that hard.

That bit about Kristoph is interesting. Perhaps, since Kristoph is so much of an egomaniac,
Spoiler:
he couldn't believe he forged evidence to become famous, envied a "second-rate attorney", killed two individuals and almost killed another one. So he tricked himself into thinking that he didn't do any of that, so that's why he "forgot" why he did everything.

A King

in name

alone...
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)