Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 2 of 7[ 252 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Re: The music of Ace Attorney 6Topic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

The Confess the Truth theme had better be good.

Also, we're going to be getting an ACTUAL Pursuit (Variation) track in the OST. So that's something to look forward to.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Clarion of Revelations

Yash K. Productions wrote:
The Confess the Truth theme had better be good.

Also, we're going to be getting an ACTUAL Pursuit (Variation) track in the OST. So that's something to look forward to.

Isn't it the first song in this trailer? (Albeit the instrumental version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trw4iBEEyOg
It sounds a lot like it.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Why do people always assume that's the variation?

Sorry, but THIS is the variation (Notice the orchestral hit and added percussion): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_khw7Qmnc
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Clarion of Revelations

Sorry, but THIS is the variation (Notice the orchestral hit and added percussion): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_khw7Qmnc

Oh, I was referring to the Truth theme, I already heard the Pursuit variation and it's cool! Sorry if I was not clear

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

MrCafecito wrote:

Oh, I was referring to the Truth theme, I already heard the Pursuit variation and it's cool! Sorry if I was not clear

I don't think that's the Confess the Truth theme.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

The AA6 and Puzzle and Dragons collab has begun in Japan, giving us clean renditions of the Pursuit theme and Apollo's new Objection theme!

Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter of Trials! 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJBNzvROckg

Pursuit ~ Wanting to Corner (My own title, not official)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbbjMPOnfGU

Mia Payne

YES THANK YOU I LOVE YOU ILL UPDATE THE OP WHEN O GET ON PC

Art Person

The AA6 and Puzzle and Dragons collab has begun in Japan, giving us clean renditions of the Pursuit theme and Apollo's new Objection theme!

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing these! Thank god for crossovers!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Easiest way to hear a loop in GarageBand:

Apollo's theme: Set the tempo to 128, then turn on loop, and make sure it's at the start and end point. However, it is not a perfect loop.

Pursuit: Set the tempo to 155, then turn on loop, and make sure it's at the start and end point. It is a perfect loop.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Upvote.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Man, I'm really kinda digging the more synthy style of AA6's OST so far. I feel the pursuit doesn't beat around the bush quite as much as DD's and Apollo's theme sounds more like AJAA music now.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

The video game boy; the one who wins

Yeah, Apollo's theme is way cooler now than in DD (although I still prefer the AJ version). And pursuit, well... I've only listened to it a dozen of times or so this evening.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

"A New Chapter of Trials! 2016" is probably the best piece of Spirit of Justice music so far. They didn't change the key so it sounds all weird like Phoenix's did (it grew on me but it took a good while) but the new instruments they're using evoke a lot of different things in me.

Firstly, the theme in general sounds more like it came from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, which is good because that game has one of my favorite OSTs in the series (probably second behind the original game's).

In addition, the use of synth and keyboards reminds me a lot of the stuff Richard Jacques composed for the Sega Saturn (from games like Sonic 3D Blast or Daytona USA: Championship Circuit Edition). I also really like the percussion they use.

Finally, the section right before the theme loops has a "Valant Gramarye"-feel to it, which feels like a neat nod to Apollo's real origins.

About the only thing I wish was a little better is that the main melody reprise during the bridge is too quiet.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Just a quick note: The intro of the PAD version of the Pursuit theme is actually the start of the loop point. It can be heard in the TGS stage show (Compare 0:02 and 1:21, you can hear different notes)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I think the solo is kinda like whatever, but the rest is good, especially that Sus4 ending, although I wish Iwadare had somehow lifted it up earlier and tried to mask that sudden key-change better.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

ASCEND

I haven't listened to the Pursuit them yet (I'd prefer to ait until I hear it ingame), but Apollo's new theme is awesome. I also didn't really like the Dual Destinies theme, mostly because it didn't really seem like a different song. But the new one is a great version of the song, but different enough to be unique.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Here is a partial rip of the OST. This only includes tracks in which it was trivial to fix the MCA to run in foobar2000.

If anyone would like to see the full MCA rip (and try to fix the ones I couldn't), see here.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Clarion of Revelations

Bolt Storm wrote:
Here is a partial rip of the OST. This only includes tracks in which it was trivial to fix the MCA to run in foobar2000.

If anyone would like to see the full MCA rip (and try to fix the ones I couldn't), see here.

Welp, once I saw this I HAD to hear them, but let me tell you, they are wonderful, all of them.
September is still so far away!!

Ace Fangirl

I've already seen Athena's music going around on Tumblr. I like it.

Edit: OH MY GOSH that partial rip is amazing!!! I'm so glad that the 'ominous music' is actual music in this game. I remember in Dual Destinies a lot of the 'songs' that were supposed to build tension weren't quite songs. But this.... This is getting me so incredibly pumped to face off against the Final Boss, oh my gosh. So much lute playing and ominous choirs and afslkjfsadljsadf.

Edit Edit: I'm guessing those AA5 songs at the end of the OST are from the DLC episodes?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Meowzy wrote:
I've already seen Athena's music going around on Tumblr. I like it.

Edit: OH MY GOSH that partial rip is amazing!!! I'm so glad that the 'ominous music' is actual music in this game. I remember in Dual Destinies a lot of the 'songs' that were supposed to build tension weren't quite songs. But this.... This is getting me so incredibly pumped to face off against the Final Boss, oh my gosh. So much lute playing and ominous choirs and afslkjfsadljsadf.

Edit Edit: I'm guessing those AA5 songs at the end of the OST are from the DLC episodes?

Some of them. The others, including Athena, Apollo, Trucy, Blackquill, Perceive, Psyche-Lock, IoF, and the ringtones are used in the main game.
EDIT: Oh, man, that Confess the Truth theme had completely exceeded my expectations. (bgm_012)

Ace Fangirl

Meowzy wrote:

Some of them. The others, including Athena, Apollo, Trucy, Blackquill, Perceive, Psyche-Lock, IoF, and the ringtones are used in the main game.

No, see, that's what has me confused. 009 is Athena's 2016 remix music. But 211 is the Dual Destinies version of Athena's music. So why are they both on there?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Meowzy wrote:
Meowzy wrote:

No, see, that's what has me confused. 009 is Athena's 2016 remix music. But 211 is the Dual Destinies version of Athena's music. So why are they both on there?

009 is her Objection theme, and 211 is her investigation theme.

Ace Fangirl

Ooooooooohhh! That explains so much!

Clarion of Revelations

Btw, I'm confused.
I thought 006 was the Logic theme?
But I watched Bolt's stream and 014 plays at what seems to be the opening statement.
What is the real Logic theme? I think it's 006

Art Person

THANK YOU BOLT!
There are some really interesting tracks in this game! Less orchestra, and more Midi which I like this more nostalgic feel they went with!

Is 044 something that was used in the past? It sounds so familiar.

Or am I somehow confusing this with Shenmue?

:| 217 is a tad disappointing. C'mon Capcom, you shoulda updated that, yo.

Last edited by Gyakuten$aiban on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Revival

I've only listened to about 3 tracks so far, but I love the OST already because of A New Chapter Of Trials' remix.

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

I quite agree.

Mia Payne

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

Literally all of the 2xx tracks are originals

Wish I had seen this sooner, I started fixing up the remaining .mca with success so far.

Edit: Finished everything in the bgm folder, now moving on to se...

Done! Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Link to fixed .mca here

Edit: and mp3

Last edited by x3n0n on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

For those who have watched some cases: are there more "trial tracks" like DGS and PLvsAA?
I think about things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtteYHBI9yc or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX4iQZ4GFyw?

I notice Larry's theme was already in the game. So I guess parts of the DLC case are already embedded in the core game.

Art Person

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
I notice Larry's theme was already in the game. So I guess parts of the DLC case are already embedded in the core game.

I think if it's like DD's DLC, everything except the script is in the files.

Hot Dog

I have a strange relationship with the Pursuit theme. I like it overall, but I don't think that it's as strong as other Pursuit themes. Even Justice for All's seems more like "CRAZY TIME IN THE TRIAL". I dunno, I haven't seen any livestreamings so I don't know how it fits in the game, with the breakdowns and everything, but my first impression is kinda bad.

Also, the Allegro version of the Cross Examination is GREAT. I think it's the best Cross Examination theme since Trials & Tribulations.

The miracle finally happen...

Spoiler:
Is the track 064a the credits theme? Odd that it's a remixed version of Apollo's theme rather than a medley of the whole cast... :meekins:

Proyectil wrote:
I have a strange relationship with the Pursuit theme. I like it overall, but I don't think that it's as strong as other Pursuit themes. Even Justice for All's seems more like "CRAZY TIME IN THE TRIAL". I dunno, I haven't seen any livestreamings so I don't know how it fits in the game, with the breakdowns and everything, but my first impression is kinda bad.

The more I hear the new pursuit theme the better I like it and I am sure I will like it even more when hearing it in-game. Much better than JFA's variant which only sounds like "Panic! Panic!" and especially better than DGS's "pursuit" track which doesn't feel like a pursuit track and isn't even really used like one in the actual game.

Proyectil wrote:
Also, the Allegro version of the Cross Examination is GREAT. I think it's the best Cross Examination theme since Trials & Tribulations.

Oh yeah, it's really good. It starts out just fine, just faster than the normal version, but then the new part really puts me in the mood even without having any in-game context.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Proyectil wrote:

That was similar to what I thought first also, but it works much better in game, especially with the villains.

jmkrebs30 wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

I quite agree.

Whoops! Looks like they did update it. It sounds a little different but mostly the same.

Leader of SCWRM Comms

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

Haven't heard it yet. Pray tell what is 217?

Also, I certainly hope that this time, the pursuit theme has a proper variation counterpart in-game as opposed to just a tricked out start at the tune's beginning.
Page 2 of 7 [ 252 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)