Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 8 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title

I shall aid the soul of this sinner.

BlueMoon123 wrote:
I haven't checked the entire game, but here are the ones I have found:
アッピラッケー (Appilakke), a general greeting

ダマラン (Damaran/Damalan), the musical instrument Potdino plays

ポルクンカー (Pohlkunka), a word denoting surprise

ポルクン者 (Pohlkun mono(?)), a word used to describe a crazy person/an impossible person with farout ideas (Mayoi/Maya tells Naruhodo-kun/Phoenix it describes an ありえないやつ ("a person who's out there" or a どうかしてるやつ ("a person who has something wrong with himself/herself"))

ウル ディーハラ クライン (Ul dhi hara Khura'in (not sure of the spelling)) , a chant that seems to mean "Hooray for Khura'in" or "Long live Khura'in" or "Hail to Khura'in"
(My hearing isn't the best, but "Khura'in" is sometimes spoken in the game during this chant and sounds more like "Koo-rhine" than the "Koo-rah-i-n" for Kurain Village to me)

サトラ (Satora), what Nayuta says, means "Be enlightened" or something like that? Maybe from Japanese 悟る ("Satoru," meaning, "to achieve enlightenment" or "to understand"). Not sure...

Well, if we're talking full phrases, would it not be safe to say that Nayuta's "curse" is Khura'inese as well?

さとら・いまおまん・どもさまし・でたしぬけ・たれがさよ・そのか! (Satora imaoman domosamashi detashinuke taregasayo sonoka!)

Dunno what it means, but it counts.

迷探偵

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler: The Reason
The Reason Inga kidnapped Maya is because the politician guy (Kiyoshi or something) wanted Khura'inese artefacts and I guess he wanted a fall back plan in the form of a blackmailed Phoenix Wright to argue for his side if they had to go to court.

The answer is not exactly wrong, but the details surrounding the why aren't really correct (you got it the other way around):
Spoiler: 6-5, part 1
Inga was the one who had sent the sacred treasure to Kiyoki, so they could get it researched. Kiyoki (who would get political support from Kurain for his cooperation) then tried to get the treasure back for Inga from researcher Sanagi (who had been told it was stolen), but because it was already claimed by Druk and Apollo, they held Maya hostage to force Phoenix to help Kiyoki with his claim the sacred treasure was actually a family heirloom they received from Ami Fey, because it would make Sanagi's promise note void.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ace Fangirl

Wasn't the outcome of that trial that

Spoiler:
The Sacred Treasure of Khura'in and Ami Fey's orb were actually the same thing, because Ami was the founder of the land of Khura'in as well as the village of Kurain? Or am I mistaken there?

迷探偵

Meowzy wrote:
Wasn't the outcome of that trial that

Spoiler:
The Sacred Treasure of Khura'in and Ami Fey's orb were actually the same thing, because Ami was the founder of the land of Khura'in as well as the village of Kurain? Or am I mistaken there?

Spoiler:
Nope, they are seperate objects and Ami is not said to be the founder of the kingdom. The last part of the trial is Phoenix basically going: "Nuuh, I *still* don't believe you have proven beyond doubt that it's the sacred treasure, and besides that, the defendant killed the victim, so he has no claim on that item anyway", after which Apollo proves who the murderer is, and the judge accepts it is indeed the sacred treasure.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ace Fangirl

Huh? Wait, but...

Spoiler:
Wasn't it said that the Feys and the royal family of Khura'in are distant relatives and that's why Maya has channeling powers that only the royal family should have?

迷探偵

Meowzy wrote:
Huh? Wait, but...

Spoiler:
Wasn't it said that the Feys and the royal family of Khura'in are distant relatives and that's why Maya has channeling powers that only the royal family should have?

Spoiler:
I can't remember if it was said with so many words, but it was definitely implied that the Feys might be descendents from the royal family because of the spiritual power. But that does not mean that Ami Fey is the founder of the kingdom, nor that the Crystal = sacred treasure. It is proven in the story that the orb they found is indeed the Sacred Treasure, which means it must have been stolen from the kingdom, which in turn means it cannot be Ami Fey's Crystal (which is supposed to have been a family heirloom of the Kiyoki family).

Ace Fangirl

Oh! Huh... That's curious.

Spoiler:
But there's a statue of Ami Fey at one point in the case, right? Or was that the Khura'in founder?

迷探偵

Meowzy wrote:
Oh! Huh... That's curious.

Spoiler:
But there's a statue of Ami Fey at one point in the case, right? Or was that the Khura'in founder?

Spoiler:
The one inside the Crystal is the Founder (and the only known depiction of her with her face; hence it's the Sacred Treasure). The Ami Fey statue and the other Kurain village /Amy artifacts you see in Professor Sanagi's lab is indeed the ones we know from previous games, but those were stolen by the professor, as he was doing archaeological research.

Ace Fangirl

Spoiler:
I see, I see. So the faces on the statues don't match, then?

迷探偵

Meowzy wrote:
Spoiler:
I see, I see. So the faces on the statues don't match, then?

Spoiler:
Now you mention that, I don't think the players ever got a real look at Ami Few's face right? But no, the statue inside the crystal has a pretty unique face similar to the other members of the Royal family, and anyway, obviously, if it had beens simply the same as Ami's face, the claim it was Ami Fey's Crystal would've worked; it didn't, so it the Crystal can't be the Sacred Treasure.

Ace Fangirl

Spoiler:
The statue holding the shichishito is of Ami, right? ... Then again, I looked up an image just now and most of her face is covered with a hood, so that still tells us nothing. Funnily enough, she's holding an orb in that statue, which I guess would be the orb that Phoenix was looking for.

So I guess in the end it's a really odd coincidence that both Ami Fey and the Founder of Khura'in both have kind of trademark sacred orb/jewel thing. And also a really odd coincidence that the Feys have the same kind of power as the royal family. I wish the game would've connected the dots a bit more and either proved or disproved the theory, but maybe they're leaving it open to interpretation for later games?

When no other bird dares to take wing.

Meowzy wrote:
Spoiler:
So I guess in the end it's a really odd coincidence that both Ami Fey and the Founder of Khura'in both have kind of trademark sacred orb/jewel thing. And also a really odd coincidence that the Feys have the same kind of power as the royal family. I wish the game would've connected the dots a bit more and either proved or disproved the theory, but maybe they're leaving it open to interpretation for later games?

Clearly the obvious explanation is that there are nine of those things, and if you collect them all you summon a dragon who will grant you one wish...

迷探偵

Meowzy wrote:
Spoiler:
The statue holding the shichishito is of Ami, right? ... Then again, I looked up an image just now and most of her face is covered with a hood, so that still tells us nothing. Funnily enough, she's holding an orb in that statue, which I guess would be the orb that Phoenix was looking for.

Spoiler:
Regarding crystal orbs: it's not that strange, because crystal (orbs) are important items in both Buddhism and Japan's own indigenous religions. So they are pretty common objects as a symbol, like a magatama. In Buddhism, I think crystal orbs represent the Buddha's perfectness (and crystal itself is considered one of Buddha's Seven Treasures), while in Japan's native religions, crystals are thought to ward off evil, so they are often used as sacred objects in shrines.

Ace Fangirl

Huh, really... I never knew they had quite that many meanings.

(I'm all for collecting nine of them to summon a dragon, though)

Wotter boy

THE most important question...
Where is ladder vs. stepladder?

迷探偵

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

Spoiler:
First day of 6-3. When you first meet with Maya in the detention center, she'll say something like 'sorry for pulling the stepladder away from under your feet', to which Phoenix responds it's supposed to be a ladder. ('Pulling the ladder away from someone' in Japanese basically means 'pulling the rug from under someone's feet' in English)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

Spoiler:
First day of 6-3. When you first meet with Maya in the detention center, she'll say something like 'sorry for pulling the stepladder away from under your feet', to which Phoenix responds it's supposed to be a ladder. ('Pulling the ladder away from someone' in Japanese basically means 'pulling the rug from under someone's feet' in English)

Spoiler:
I suppose the localization could use a different saying, but then we'd lose the ladder/stepladder joke...

Or maybe they could go with the superstition how it's bad luck to walk under a ladder?

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Spoiler:
I suppose the localization could use a different saying, but then we'd lose the ladder/stepladder joke...

Or maybe they could go with the superstition how it's bad luck to walk under a ladder?

Spoiler:
They could choose to use the joke in 6-2, which features an actual ladder IIRC

Ash wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
They could choose to use the joke in 6-2, which features an actual ladder IIRC

Spoiler:
Yeah, but it's without a doubt a ladder, not a stepladder. Thinking about it, there are several ladders to examine in that case, and none of them are stepladders. Then, maybe the locale team could add or change a few lines to discuss the utility of ladders vs stepladders for the purposes of a magic show? Hm, that's not too bad either.

I suppose we'll see in September.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Okay, so I've started on the fourth case, and the language itself is throwing me for a loop.

Some of these characters seem to speak in a dialect, and I figure it's some sort of old Edo one, but I'm not sure if it is. It's made understanding them a bit of a hassle. I can see certain sound substitutions for certain terms, like "arinsu" for "arimasu", though I'm still figuring out where the "ya" comes in when saying "deshou". Or am I getting two different dialects mixed up for one?

Also, is it traditional for rakugo players to speak with such a dialect?

迷探偵

Okay, so I've started on the fourth case, and the language itself is throwing me for a loop.

Some of these characters seem to speak in a dialect, and I figure it's some sort of old Edo one, but I'm not sure if it is. It's made understanding them a bit of a hassle. I can see certain sound substitutions for certain terms, like "arinsu" for "arimasu", though I'm still figuring out where the "ya" comes in when saying "deshou". Or am I getting two different dialects mixed up for one?

Also, is it traditional for rakugo players to speak with such a dialect?

The character in question mixes several speech patterns, but in general, yeah, they're dialects from Edo. The 'ya' (like in wakariyasu), deyansu) originates from probably from Kyoto (where it's part of Kyo-kotoba), but with the move of the capital of Japan to Edo in the Edo period, people (and their language) moved to Edo and by mid-Edo, the 'ya' had also become part of Edo dialect (which is not the same as modern Tokyo 'dialect). You'll mostly hear it used by characters in historical dramas, or by (depictions of) the Stereotypical Downtown Edo merchant, or by the yakuza.

Arinsu on the other hand is kuruwa-kotoba, or courtesan-language. Edo courtesans came from all across the country, so they used a faux high-class language that was basically a melting pot of all kinds of dialects.

As for Edo dialect in rakugo: I don't know much about rakugo, but rakugo originates from the Edo period and even the city I think, so I assume that performances of classic rakugo stories are often done in Edo-dialect, as probably a lot of characters are actually Edo-citizens.

In Justice We Trust?

Is Courtroom no. 4 used or is the courtroom bombing mentioned?

You can answer outside spoiler tags unless it is particularly spoilery
Just went with a sig to see if it would work

Last edited by simon8685 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

simon8685 wrote:
Is Courtroom no. 5 used or is the courtroom bombing mentioned?

Spoiler: Courtroom No. 4
Yes, the courtroom was rebuilt and used in Case 4.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

Yash K. Productions wrote:
simon8685 wrote:
Is Courtroom no. 5 used or is the courtroom bombing mentioned?

Spoiler: Courtroom No. 4
Yes, the courtroom was rebuilt and used in Case 4.

Spoiler: Courtrooms
I believe only Courtrooms No.4 & No.6 are used.

Ace Fangirl

I'm so glad they're keeping the continuity of that!

Spoiler:
Though AA6 doesn't take place too long after AA5, right? So they must've rebuilt that courtroom in a hurry.

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

Meowzy wrote:
I'm so glad they're keeping the continuity of that!

Spoiler:
Though AA6 doesn't take place too long after AA5, right? So they must've rebuilt that courtroom in a hurry.

Spoiler:
AA6 only takes place in Late-April, Early May, +September including the DLC case. So AA6 takes place around 4-9 months after AA5.

Wotter boy

So do they play any of the murderers in a more sympathetic light?
Spoiler:
I know Saara was in self-defence and Malmel commits suicide :trucy: to protect her, but Puuko does cry too, but I can't tell if it was sympathetically or not.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler:
I know Saara was in self-defence and Malmel commits suicide :trucy: to protect her, but Puuko does cry too, but I can't tell if it was sympathetically or not.

Spoiler:
The love story between Saara and Malmel is quite touching. It's a win in my book.

In Puuko's case, though, I felt it was a bit lacking. She deeply regretted how some simple misunderstandings led to a murder, but she held on too tightly to the honor of titles. That said, I did feel pity for her. She couldn't be the inheritor of her father's rakugo legacy, so she instead became a balloon artist... in a yose theater. That's harsh.

迷探偵

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The love story between Saara and Malmel is quite touching. It's a win in my book.

In Puuko's case, though, I felt it was a bit lacking. She deeply regretted how some simple misunderstandings led to a murder, but she held on too tightly to the honor of titles. That said, I did feel pity for her. She couldn't be the inheritor of her father's rakugo legacy, so she instead became a balloon artist... in a yose theater. That's harsh.

Spoiler: All cases
I liked her story, actually. Training all that time as Bakufu's first disciple just to inherit her father's title, only to see it being taken by her junior. Of course, her story, like the case 1 victim and case 3 couple, were on the more "sympethetic" side of the game's overall theme: continuining the family line/spirit and how parents (parental figures) and children cope with that. Case 2's murderer's story sorta resembles that of case 4's for example, with both of them misunderstanding what they're supposed to be learning from their parents (masters), but case 4 felt much more sympethetic than case 2's.

迷探偵

What I want to know: why is AA6 the only game where the color of the cartridge doesn't match the color of the box cover? ( ゚Д゚) (Layton VS AA/DGS have a different cover style, so don't count)

I heard that this game actually focuses on Apollo ,based on data mining or something, now that the game is out and many played it, is that actually true in the context of the game story? it could be just Apollo taking the defense stand while the actual case is focusing on someone else, just like what happened in the final case of AA5 where the case was all about Athena and Apollo.

And, who got to have the final objection if there is one? AA5 had an awesome triple objection , but i don't really think they will replicate it here
- if,somehow, the answer to this question contains a spoiler like some other character besides the 3 lawyers doing it, don't answer-

Yabba Dabba Doo

MH MD wrote:
I heard that this game actually focuses on Apollo ,based on data mining or something, now that the game is out and many played it, is that actually true in the context of the game story? it could be just Apollo taking the defense stand while the actual case is focusing on someone else, just like what happened in the final case of AA5 where the case was all about Athena and Apollo.

And, who got to have the final objection if there is one? AA5 had an awesome triple objection , but i don't really think they will replicate it here
- if,somehow, the answer to this question contains a spoiler like some other character besides the 3 lawyers doing it, don't answer-

Spoiler:
Yes, it focuses A LOT on Apollo. Like, a lot.

Ash wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler: All cases
I liked her story, actually. Training all that time as Bakufu's first disciple just to inherit her father's title, only to see it being taken by her junior. Of course, her story, like the case 1 victim and case 3 couple, were on the more "sympethetic" side of the game's overall theme: continuining the family line/spirit and how parents (parental figures) and children cope with that. Case 2's murderer's story sorta resembles that of case 4's for example, with both of them misunderstanding what they're supposed to be learning from their parents (masters), but case 4 felt much more sympethetic than case 2's.

Spoiler:
IIRC Case 1's victim was a man who tried to steal the treasure and held Ahlbi at gunpoint, which definitely doesn't sound sympathetic. Am I missing something here?

Ash wrote:
What I want to know: why is AA6 the only game where the color of the cartridge doesn't match the color of the box cover? ( ゚Д゚) (Layton VS AA/DGS have a different cover style, so don't count)

Because purple and gold are both equal contenders for royalty colors... maybe.

Thunder84 wrote:
Spoiler:
IIRC Case 1's victim was a man who tried to steal the treasure and held Ahlbi at gunpoint, which definitely doesn't sound sympathetic. Am I missing something here?

Spoiler:
He was still a (former) friend of Ahlbi's and had a parentless family to take care of. He even was the reason Ahlbi started training as a monk and acted as his senior.

Sad how easily friendships break over treasure.

Ash wrote:

Thunder84 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
He was still a (former) friend of Ahlbi's and had a parentless family to take care of. He even was the reason Ahlbi started training as a monk and acted as his senior.

迷探偵

But now they don't maaaaatch! ( ゚Д゚)

Quote:
Thunder84 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah, he was definitely portrayed as sympethetic, as a highly pious person who had to stop his training as a monk to take care of his siblings after their parents died, took a job as a guard to still be close to his true calling and even helped Bokto with his training, but in the end felt forced to steal from the very religion he loved so much in order to make ends meet.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

So I happened to try a pre-order DLC case thingy until I got stuck due to being illiterate with japanese and I just have a simple question:

Are these cases canon and do they actually end with solving a murder or do they just... end? They seem to be very short bursts of 10 minute trial segments followed by 10 minutes of investigation or something.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

迷探偵

They are not canon (that is literally the first thing they tell you start them up). More like the Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney DLC episodes; hilarious sketches using the characters. I summarized both episodes in this post. I personally love the Kurain one.

In Justice We Trust?

Hmm,
Which Bubble letter interjection is used first in the game and who says it?
Just went with a sig to see if it would work

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Do black Psyche-Locks return?

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

simon8685 wrote:
Hmm,
Which Bubble letter interjection is used first in the game and who says it?

Bubble letter? The first interjection in the game is an Objection! from Phoenix, very early in the start of trial.

Page 8 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)