Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 5 of 9[ 325 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: Case five discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

Wotter boy

I think my favourite part of the case thus far is
Spoiler: trial 1
Atishion trying to bargain with Phoenix and Apollo towards the end. Especially how he states that he wouldn't need Maya, because he could use Pearl, and they both shut him down so fast.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
I think my favourite part of the case thus far is
Spoiler: trial 1
Atishion trying to bargain with Phoenix and Apollo towards the end. Especially how he states that he wouldn't need Maya, because he could use Pearl, and they both shut him down so fast.

Spoiler: Trial 1
It was pretty fun thinking that Atishion made the wrong enemies too. I mean, Phoenix doesn't have people he actively hates, but when he does hate them? Or if they do something to someone close to him? Boy, it gets ugly.

迷探偵

Quick question about how something was localized in the first trial:
Spoiler:
What was Kiyoki's e-mail address in English? In Japanese, his e-mail address was a combination of his birthday and "seiji", which is an alternative reading of the characters in his name: Masaharu. It comes up in Ema's testimony, as the report of theft she gives you is actually the first time you get to see the characters of Masaharu's name (he writes his name in hiragana on his posters and palanquin), so it's only then you can connect the seiji address to Masaharu.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Wotter boy

Ash wrote:
Quick question about how something was localized in the first trial:
Spoiler:
What was Kiyoki's e-mail address in English? In Japanese, his e-mail address was a combination of his birthday and "seiji", which is an alternative reading of the characters in his name: Masaharu. It comes up in Ema's testimony, as the report of theft she gives you is actually the first time you get to see the characters of Masaharu's name (he writes his name in hiragana on his posters and palanquin), so it's only then you can connect the seiji address to Masaharu.

Spoiler:
More or less the same. When you meet Atishon, you only know his first last name, he has two (full name Paul Atishon-Wimperson that you learn from Ema's testimony). On the email it's PAW and his birthday.

Also a weird glitch thing. When talking to Ahlbi about Datz, in the flashback, even tho there are lines where it's supposed to be Alhbi talking, the textbox shows Datz's name and Ahlbi's mouth doesn't move.

迷探偵

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler:
More or less the same. When you meet Atishon, you only know his first last name, he has two (full name Paul Atishon-Wimperson that you learn from Ema's testimony). On the email it's PAW and his birthday.

Thanks. I did like how in the Japanese version, it was possible to make a reasoning (with actual grounds for that) early on, even if the hard evidence only came later. I guess that's not really the case in the localized version.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Goodness gracious. Just how far does the localization take their metaphors?
Spoiler:
First, there's the BURG on the case art for case 4. Now there's a joke about the wannabe politician being called a "paw", like he's a lapdog. I may just be grasping at coincidences here, but two is a pattern.

But thanks. I've been wondering too.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Wotter boy

Apollo: (I wonder what it'd be like to sit [on Ga'ran's throne] with Athena and Mr Wright groveling at my feet...)
10/10 best Apollo

Breakdown

I just beat it. It was nice getting the double-whammy of two things long absent in the series.
Spoiler: The end/final boss/last trial/pretty much details from entire case
Female prosecutor and final boss/mastermind. Happy to finally see those again, although I hyped myself up for her breakdown way too much after the scenery-changing craziness of the others. Wasn't awful awful awful just..I dunno, can't put my finger on what made it underwhelming for me yet.

Story wise, I'm left wondering why I kept seeing comments after JP release saying it might be controversial/divisive. Loved all the twists. Was it the delving into Apollo's father?

Regardless good stuff. Loved seeing Polly get more time to shine in this game and overall a big improvement from DD for me.

Btw can I just say all the character designs were epic? A real step up there from DD too. The transformations in this case looked great.

迷探偵

Turnabout_Lawman wrote:
I just beat it. It was nice getting the double-whammy of two things long absent in the series.
Spoiler: The end/final boss/last trial/pretty much details from entire case
Story wise, I'm left wondering why I kept seeing comments after JP release saying it might be controversial/divisive. Loved all the twists. Was it the delving into Apollo's father?

I think I was one of the first ones to use the word 'dividing' in my review of the Japanese version. Because it's a spoiler-free review I couldn't go deep why I used the word, but what I meant when I coined the word was:

Spoiler:
That AA6 is really weird as the sixth entry of the series. Episode 2 could be considered 4-5, the scale of Episode 3 matches that of 2-4 (using a 'mechanic' against the player; Maya as defendent; the feels!) and Episode 5 is obviously big. It's not really a normal AA game. Plus it adds in all kinds of stories that harken back to the older games: more about the Gramarye Troupe, a sudden BIG past of Apollo that came out of nowhere, Apollo not being put on the bus... back to the main setting. Take one step back, and you'll see it's a really weird game compared to the rest, but... it's also a lot fun. That's why I called it dividing, because whereas AA5 was obviously trying to be like the old games, AA6 said hell no, let's do our own thing.

I'm up to the second day of investigation and I've got a few things I'm unclear about.

Spoiler:
What was up with Dhurke and Inga's conversation on the phone? Dhurke says Maya is safe and Inga "quite literally" can't touch her. I was assuming at this point the rebels had snatched her up somehow. Anyway, Inga says he's got someone else in his grasp, which spooks Dhurke (I assume Nahyuta)... but then the conversation switches back to "bring the orb if you want Maya back" and you go to Khura'in and sure enough, Inga had Maya after all. How exactly does Dhurke and Inga's phone conversation even remotely make sense, then? Maya didn't seem very safe after all. I'm not sure if it's supposed to not make sense as foreshadowing for something later or if it's just a weird instance of really odd writing, but I can usually tell when it's the former and this didn't feel like it.

The other thing:
Spoiler:
Dhurke says the previous queen was murdered 23 years ago...which would mean Apollo was 1 year old when it happened. Does that mean Dhurke was an insurgent on the run for killing the queen of all things, and happily raising two infants all the while? That seems kind of ridiculous. I got the impression from Apollo's recollections in day 1 that things were pretty normal while he grew up and all the crazy stuff came later, but I guess not?

Solid case so far aside from that, but these two things happening in succession made me put it down for the day in exasperation as I couldn't wrap my head around it.

Mia Payne

Quaxmax wrote:
I'm up to the second day of investigation and I've got a few things I'm unclear about.

Spoiler:
What was up with Dhurke and Inga's conversation on the phone? Dhurke says Maya is safe and Inga "quite literally" can't touch her. I was assuming at this point the rebels had snatched her up somehow. Anyway, Inga says he's got someone else in his grasp, which spooks Dhurke (I assume Nahyuta)... but then the conversation switches back to "bring the orb if you want Maya back" and you go to Khura'in and sure enough, Inga had Maya after all. How exactly does Dhurke and Inga's phone conversation even remotely make sense, then? Maya didn't seem very safe after all. I'm not sure if it's supposed to not make sense as foreshadowing for something later or if it's just a weird instance of really odd writing, but I can usually tell when it's the former and this didn't feel like it.

The other thing:
Spoiler:
Dhurke says the previous queen was murdered 23 years ago...which would mean Apollo was 1 year old when it happened. Does that mean Dhurke was an insurgent on the run for killing the queen of all things, and happily raising two infants all the while? That seems kind of ridiculous. I got the impression from Apollo's recollections in day 1 that things were pretty normal while he grew up and all the crazy stuff came later, but I guess not?

Solid case so far aside from that, but these two things happening in succession made me put it down for the day in exasperation as I couldn't wrap my head around it.

Really? It's rather obvious

Spoiler:
He wants the orb, they want Maya, he's not just gonna be like "okay fine here she is"

Spoiler:
they hid in the mountains

Blizdi wrote:
Quaxmax wrote:

Spoiler:

The other thing:
Spoiler:

Really? It's rather obvious

Spoiler:
He wants the orb, they want Maya, he's not just gonna be like "okay fine here she is"

Spoiler:
they hid in the mountains

You're not Andistan'dhin me here.

Spoiler:
The phone convo between Dhurke and Inga implies Inga doesn't even have Maya, and then he does anyway. Their phone convo makes no sense. That's the problem, not that Inga is jerk.

Spoiler:
That's still rather silly, for obvious reasons. And it doesn't jive well with Apollo feeling like Dhurke abandoned him and deciding to forget about Khura'in. If Apollo knew his foster father was an insurgent leader wanted for murder of royalty, it makes no sense to think "wow, he isn't coming back for me, he must not care about me after all". Rather, he should have wanted to keep up to date on happenings in the country out of concern for his father.

Ace Fangirl

In regards to that Maya thing, just keep playing. The phone conversation will eventually make perfect sense.

Meowzy wrote:
In regards to that Maya thing, just keep playing. The phone conversation will eventually make perfect sense.

Phew, thanks. It may seem weird to ask while I'm still playing, but I figured I'd rather know if it really was just a weird writing oversight so I could put it out of my mind in that case, rather than continuously keeping it in the back of my head and expecting it to be resolved at some point.

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

One thing that really bothered me about this case as a whole...

Spoiler:
So after being freed and channeling Dhurke, Maya "unchannels" him and travels into the US before channeling Dhurke again in order to avoid getting caught by Khura'inese security. That all makes sense. But...Maya never told Phoenix about her escape? Despite knowing full well that he was going to be extremely worried about her? Feels like Phoenix getting blackmailed could've been avoided really easily by just, I dunno, sending him a quick text and saying "I'm actually free so don't worry too much" or something.

"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

Ace Fangirl

The trouble with that is that

Spoiler:
It's Phoenix. If Maya had said she was free, he would've insisted to meet with her in person and watch over her, but obviously that couldn't happen until Dhurke's business was finished. And no one could know that Dhurke was already dead and being channeled, so Maya couldn't tell him the truth either.

Which is still some bullshit reasoning, but honestly, I've seen worse excuses for main characters not sharing vital information with their friends and making them worry.

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

Meowzy wrote:

Spoiler:
It's Phoenix. If Maya had said she was free, he would've insisted to meet with her in person and watch over her, but obviously that couldn't happen until Dhurke's business was finished. And no one could know that Dhurke was already dead and being channeled, so Maya couldn't tell him the truth either.

Which is still some bullshit reasoning, but honestly, I've seen worse excuses for main characters not sharing vital information with their friends and making them worry.

Except there was already a very similar situation in that same game. Phoenix was talking to Maya on the phone during the prologue, Maya gets assaulted and the call gets cut off, Phoenix rushes over to check on her. After she calls him (presumably with someone else's phone) at the airport and assures him he's ok, he leaves her alone for another two weeks until she's done with her training.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

Maybe she didn't get a new phone or her new phone broke. Khura'in sells and makes it cheap.

But honestly, the prologue felt disconnected from the game because it was drafted after the initial game designs were put in place. (I think it was mentioned somewhere in the visual book interview.) We actually have no idea if she could call him at any point in the game.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Ace Fangirl

TheBlarghMan wrote:
Meowzy wrote:

Spoiler:

Except there was already a very similar situation in that same game. Phoenix was talking to Maya on the phone during the prologue, Maya gets assaulted and the call gets cut off, Phoenix rushes over to check on her. After she calls him (presumably with someone else's phone) at the airport and assures him he's ok, he leaves her alone for another two weeks until she's done with her training.

Actually, it was outright confirmed that the events of the anime prologue aren't canon. So Maya getting attacked by a rebel and being saved by Nahyuta never happened according to the game itself.

Wotter boy

Meowzy wrote:
TheBlarghMan wrote:
Meowzy wrote:

Spoiler:

Actually, it was outright confirmed that the events of the anime prologue aren't canon. So Maya getting attacked by a rebel and being saved by Nahyuta never happened according to the game itself.

I thought they were canon and that's the whole reason Phoenix is in Khura'in in the first place? Was because he was worried about Maya.

Well, "canon" depends on your definition of it, I guess. According to the visual book interview, Eshiro jumped into discussion while they were working on the initial animations in the game, so they left the prologue and storyboards to A-1 Pictures and Fuse made sure things checked out. In other words, the prologue is essentially an OVA based on SoJ, but was created independently.

Spoiler: Imo,
Maya is kinda like Pearl in this regard. When someone tells her to keep quiet about a secret, she keeps quiet, even if it leaves Phoenix and co. worried about her. Is it convenient for plot? Yes. But is it out of character? Not quite.

The scene between Maya and Phoenix in the prologue is still a different situation, though, because Maya didn't need to keep quiet about someone attacking her and her getting saved.

Case 5 Ending Spoiler and Question.

Spoiler:
Late into the last trial, Apollo tries to pin the blame on Queen Amara for killing the minister. His theory is that the Queen chanelled the dead Minister and used her clothes to be dressed like him. Later on, Apollo use the photo of the chanelling session and deduce she's the one chanelling during the official chanelling sessions in the palace, not Ga'ran. Apollo then pins the blame on Queen Ga'ran this time. If Amara wasn't chanelling the minister, then it had to be Ga'ran.

So that means
- Maya has been chanelling Dragon ( Apollo's foster father. ) since the beginning of Case 5.
- Queen Ga'ran channels her husban's spirit and gets to the tower, using spare clothes of the minister.
- She changes back, and burns the spare clothes.
- Maya chanelling Dragon comes, the Queen removes Dragon's spirit from Maya so she can channel him herself. She dresses Maya back, takes Dragon's clothes, channel him and gets him accused of murder.

Stop me If I'm wrong.

But the epilogue reveals that Queen Ga'ran never had the ability to channel spirits in the first place. So I'm kinda lost here. So who was chanelling Dragon after Maya ? Who did the minister saw in his last moments ?

The miracle never happen

Yagami1211 wrote:
Case 5 Ending Spoiler and Question.

Spoiler:
Late into the last trial, Apollo tries to pin the blame on Queen Amara for killing the minister. His theory is that the Queen chanelled the dead Minister and used her clothes to be dressed like him. Later on, Apollo use the photo of the chanelling session and deduce she's the one chanelling during the official chanelling sessions in the palace, not Ga'ran. Apollo then pins the blame on Queen Ga'ran this time. If Amara wasn't chanelling the minister, then it had to be Ga'ran.

So that means
- Maya has been chanelling Dragon ( Apollo's foster father. ) since the beginning of Case 5.
- Queen Ga'ran channels her husban's spirit and gets to the tower, using spare clothes of the minister.
- She changes back, and burns the spare clothes.
- Maya chanelling Dragon comes, the Queen removes Dragon's spirit from Maya so she can channel him herself. She dresses Maya back, takes Dragon's clothes, channel him and gets him accused of murder.

Stop me If I'm wrong.

But the epilogue reveals that Queen Ga'ran never had the ability to channel spirits in the first place. So I'm kinda lost here. So who was chanelling Dragon after Maya ? Who did the minister saw in his last moments ?

Spoiler:
You made the misconception of thinking that the Queen is the one who channeled the Minister, but it's actually Amara who did that, Ga'ran killed the Minister disgused as Dhurke, that's all she did, the rest was done by Maya and Amara.

"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Wotter boy

Timestamps!

turnabout revolution-
start-> 3:30PM
invus end-> 6:52PM
courtus-> 11:01PM to 12:47AM
courtus end-> 2:04AM to 3:16AM
invkhura'in start-> 10:45PM
invkhura'in end-> 3:18AM
courtkhurain-> 1:50AM - 4:51PM
courthurain end-> 7:54PM - 10:54PM
approx. time-> 13hrs and 54mins

Whole game
approx. time-> 34hrs and 9mins

迷探偵

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Well, "canon" depends on your definition of it, I guess. According to the visual book interview, Eshiro jumped into discussion while they were working on the initial animations in the game, so they left the prologue and storyboards to A-1 Pictures and Fuse made sure things checked out. In other words, the prologue is essentially an OVA based on SoJ, but was created independently.

But... that process would be logical, independent of the canon/not-canon conundrum. Of course the writers would convey what they want to do with the anime (the narrative/lines) and then have the professionals who know to actually make an animated narrative of that do their work, and then check on it. There's no way they'd be storyboarding and everything on the Capcom side.

Meowzy wrote:

Where is it confirmed it wasn't canon though? I don't any remember any specific lines that contradict it. On the other hand, I do remember the early Phoenix line about arriving early, and that's kept intentionally vague enough because not everyone will have seen the prologue.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Timestamps!

That would be an amazing feat on its own.

Quote:
Whole game

>_> That's like more than 10 hours more than my playthrough, and I even checked optional dialogue...

Wotter boy

Ash wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Timestamps!

Quote:
Whole game

>_> That's like more than 10 hours more than my playthrough, and I even checked optional dialogue...

That first part, those 3 hours, were just up to
Spoiler:
Amara's first cross-examination.

I think I'm just a slow reader. It's weird because I even skipped through a lot of Case 1 and 2.

迷探偵

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Ash wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Timestamps!

I think I'm just a slow reader. It's weird because I even skipped through a lot of Case 1 and 2.

No, I mean, it's just a typo, but from AM to PM is not 3 hours, that's 15 hours ;)

Wotter boy

Ash wrote:
No, I mean, it's just a typo, but from AM to PM is not 3 hours, that's 15 hours ;)

O-Oh.. I didn't even notice that xD (Actually is was supposed to be 1:50AM to 4:51AM but the same difference)

Also I love how Pearl keeps wanted to go clothes shopping in this episode. It's cute

Spoiler: A few questions
Just finished the case. It was good and all, but I didn't understand a few things:

-How did Dhurke's fingerprints end up on the lighter used by Ga'ran?

-How did Jove die? I don't think he died in the fire, since his death was pretty fast: just after he felt pain, he closed his eyes and died.

-Weren't Apollo's antennae made by using hair gel? Now it seems they are natural...

-The only reason why Nahyuta left the Defiant Dragons and began to "hate" rebels/defense attorneys was because Ga'ran blackmailed him; so why did he act rude with Apollo and Athena back in Japanifornia, where Ga'ran couldn't possibly represent a threat to him?

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Slammer wrote:
Just finished the case. It was good and all, but I didn't understand a few things:

-How did Jove die? I don't think he died in the fire, since his death was pretty fast: just after he felt pain, he closed his eyes and died.

-Weren't Apollo's antennae made by using hair gel? Now it seems they are natural...

-The only reason why Nahyuta left the Defiant Dragons and began to "hate" rebels/defense attorneys was because Ga'ran blackmailed him; so why did he act rude with Apollo and Athena back in Japanifornia, where Ga'ran couldn't possibly represent a threat to him?

Spoiler:
1. It was his lighter to begin with.

2. Smack on the head. Garan supposedly did it. Don't know what she hit him with.

3. Technically, previous interviews only indicated it was held up by hair gel. It was still free for Fuse and gang to design how it was hereditary too. (Just go with it.)

4. By then, he had already resigned himself to his fate as Ga'ran's lackie. When people give up, they become bitter (usually). It's no surprise that seeing Apollo again would irk him after they hadn't seen each other for so long. And Athena was sadly collateral, being associated with Apollo, after Edgeworth dragged him back to Jpfa for another trial just a day after his last one.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Slammer wrote:

Spoiler:
1. It was his lighter to begin with.

2. Smack on the head. Garan supposedly did it. Don't know what she hit him with.

3. Technically, previous interviews only indicated it was held up by hair gel. It was still free for Fuse and gang to design how it was hereditary too. (Just go with it.)

4. By then, he had already resigned himself to his fate as Ga'ran's lackie. When people give up, they become bitter (usually). It's no surprise that seeing Apollo again would irk him after they hadn't seen each other for so long. And Athena was sadly collateral, being associated with Apollo, after Edgeworth dragged him back to Jpfa for another trial just a day after his last one.

Spoiler:
Thanks for the answers. I completely missed the part in which it was stated that the lighter was Dhurke's.

Regarding Apollo, I think I remember him openly admitting using hair gel every morning for his antennae in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, unlike Phoenix who claims his hair is natural. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: I found the exact quote on the Ace Attorney wiki. Though, it could be said that he uses hair gel just to hold his antennae up, while the antennae themselves are natural.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Just playing devil's advocate again, but
Spoiler:
It was never stated for certain that Apollo needed it for his entire life. The spikes probably got too long and he had to use gel to keep them up.

Sorry, I edited the post while you were writing the reply. I said that it's entirely possible that, while his antennae are natural, he just uses the gel to hold them up.

Spoiler:
I didn't mean to seem the one that complains about minor things, I'm just not that type of person. I just needed to better understand some details of the case that weren't clear to me before. I say this, because you seemed a bit harsh in your replies. :sadshoe:

Okay, I'm finished with the game, absolutely adored the case, but I feel there's a plot contradiction.

Super confused about the whole...

Spoiler:
"Who Framed Dhurke" thing

It couldn't have been Amara who channelled Dhurke to make him get caught by the police, since at the same time, Amara was performing her sister's duty of channelling and counselling neighbouring kingdoms.

Couldn't have been Maya... well, it wasn't Maya, she'd have no reason to frame him, and it's not even alluded to that she could even be considered to be a suspect

And it couldn't have been Ga'ran, for obvious reasons.

So who actually was there, in the Tomb, holding the knife and with bloodied clothes, when the Royal Guard stormed in?

The miracle never happen

Guest wrote:
Okay, I'm finished with the game, absolutely adored the case, but I feel there's a plot contradiction.

Spoiler:

It couldn't have been Amara who channelled Dhurke to make him get caught by the police, since at the same time, Amara was performing her sister's duty of channelling and counselling neighbouring kingdoms.

Couldn't have been Maya... well, it wasn't Maya, she'd have no reason to frame him, and it's not even alluded to that she could even be considered to be a suspect

So who actually was there, in the Tomb, holding the knife and with bloodied clothes, when the Royal Guard stormed in?

Spoiler:
I got confused by what you were saying and thought you had found a plot hole, then I remembered, Ga'ran was with you when Dhurke was found dead correct? That means that Amara was NOT channeling for the king at the time, she was hidden in the tomb.
When Amara was done channeling, she went to Inga's chambers, channeled him, and ran into her tomb disguised as him, she then unchanneled him, and when Maya arrived as Dhurke, she forced the spirit out, picked up the knife, and then channeled Dhurke, does it make sense now?

"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Kessler wrote:
Guest wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I got confused by what you were saying and thought you had found a plot hole, then I remembered, Ga'ran was with you when Dhurke was found dead correct? That means that Amara was NOT channeling for the king at the time, she was hidden in the tomb.
When Amara was done channeling, she went to Inga's chambers, channeled him, and ran into her tomb disguised as him, she then unchanneled him, and when Maya arrived as Dhurke, she forced the spirit out, picked up the knife, and then channeled Dhurke, does it make sense now?

But there's

Spoiler:
photographic evidence taken by Albhi that shows that the rite was performed that day, at the time in question. If Amara was not channeling for the king at the time that day, then who was?

Either way, you've got someone being channeled both in the tomb and for the consultations at the same time in the day, so there are two active spirit mediums at that point; and the photographic evidence is never disputed as being legitimate, and there'd be literally zero reason for Albhi to forge it.

So who is in the tomb, and who is consulting?

EDIT, Nevermind:

Spoiler:
I think I get it now, the consultation didn't take place until after the actual murder, but before the Royal Guards showed up and the framing took place.

I think it must just be the world's shortest king consultation ever.

Programmer

I am sure we can assume that the other country is a repeat customer. They probably had a question or two and no pesky lawyer to drag things out for hours.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

I've felt worse.

Spoiler: having only finished the first investigation,
The whole Prosecutor Phoenix thing is because he's handling a civil case? Geez, here I was thinking a main character was going to die.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

The video game boy; the one who wins

Spoiler:
Hoo, what a ride. Having those two very seperate Japanifornia/Khura'in trials makes it a bit hard for me to wrap my head around the case as one whole, and that also possibly made it feel bigger than it actually was. Anyhow, it started of with this kinda solemn and melancholic feeling about it, and I could feel Apollo's resentment and confusion right through the screen. Then with the face-off against Phoenix everything just felt off. It was obvious something wasn't right, and although Maya being held hostage again hardly came as a surprise (especially since I spoiled myself on that one) it was still something else to watch Phoenix' despair from the other side of the courtroom. Speaking of which, I really liked his and Apollo's interactions in this case, and Phoenix was a good aid.
It almost felt like a family reunion with even Pearly and Edgey being present. I didn't really get what the point of taking Edgeworth to Isengard Khura'in was other than to smuggle Trucy into the country but nevertheless I'm glad he was.
The locked-room mystery was good, although I felt that the longer the trial went on, the more it fell apart in order to reveal twists and turns around every corner. The second half or so of the case mostly left me exhausted because of all the drama stacked on top of more drama with added cheese. It's the same problems I had with GS5-5: depending on overused plot points (taking a hostage, people being related left and right and said relationships being used for blackmailing, confessions and help with covering up crimes to protect someone etc.) and melodrama in order to raise the stakes SUPER-HIGH and making the outcome SUPER-IMPORTANT for everyone the slightest involved in it to make an impact and make the player feel stuff, leaving the case feeling uninspired and bloated. Amara being alive and having killed Inga would have made for an excellent twist, but they just had to draw it a little further and oh no, she just helped her sister because she is that gentle (Iris...?) and oh my goodness, she got shot but she's ok and the Disney villain-esque queen-prosecutor was the bad guy all along, SURPRISE! ... Also, Amara loving and trusting Dhurke even though she thought he tried to kill her, and helping Ga'ran the way she did was a bit hard for me to swallow. It's like the writers are hell-bent on making the characters either all good or all bad. Because of this, I preferred the Japanifornia part of the case over the Khura'in one.
I had already spoiled myself on Dhurke being dead, but it still got me, the way it was executed with that dramatic music and Apollo's mini-breakdown (although that head-slam kinda destroyed the sad mood for a few seconds there). It was nice to see Apollo warming up to him eventually, and the cave-scene was the most memorable moment in the case for me.
I would have liked a bit more interaction between Apollo and Nahyuta that wasn't strictly business.
It suffered a bit from the attempts of making it THE case of the ages, still it wasn't nearly as cheesy as in DD. All things considered it was nice as far as the story goes.
And with that, I have only one more thing to say about it: Apollo was one ugly baby JUSTICE LAW OFFICES :acro:

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

So, I finished the game recently, and I feel there was something missing regarding Inga.

Spoiler: case 5
The game tells us that he was planning to kill the queen and use the Founder's Orb to get channeling powers and thus become king, right?

But, correct me if I'm wrong, even if he got spiritual powers from the orb, he wouldn't be able to channel anyone since he can't remember faces.

When we were investigating Inga's room and it turned out Rayfa's birthday was the safe's combination and there was that letter from Rayfa inside the safe, it was clear he actually loved her, and I was sure this would be brought again later. So then I was thinking that maybe Rayfa was right and he did want the orb for her sake... Then I found the document detailing his evil plan.

But why would he write that? Surely he knows what he's scheming, why bother writing it down? At this point I was convinced this was a setup; after all, the safe's combination wasn't hard to find, and I was suspecting that the queen had put this paper in the safe to make it look like he was planning a coup for whatever reason. And after it was revealed in court that he couldn't remember faces, it became even more likely...

But, this was never brought up. So apparently my guess was just wrong. And they never referenced the combination or Rayfa's letter either.

What do you think? Am I missing something?
Page 5 of 9 [ 325 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)