Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 2 of 9[ 325 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Re: Case five discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

Wotter boy

Spoiler:
Jesus Christ, do they not know how to use Pearl or Trucy anymore. Jeez. At least Trucy got Turnabout Magic Show.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Bolt Storm wrote:
I'm only past the first trial day and a little into the second investigation day, but Here Are Some Things That Have Happened:

Spoiler: 6-5
  • durk comes to see apollo and he’s such a dad. he’s such a dad. he wants to show trucy kid pictures of apollo oh my god he’s such a dad
  • apollo and friends come to see the professor, hear he’s dead, never once consider foul play despite that happening in almost every single case they take
  • pearl appears for literally one scene and then vanishes so hard they take her profile out of the court record after day 1
  • “for the first time in ace attorney history, a civil trial! just kidding it’s murder”
  • phoenix is fighting in court because maya’s been kidnapped and. he sucks at it. like compared to when he went to bat for engarde this is just sad
  • they basically reused that plot from 2-4 btw
  • “HOW WILL WE GET TO KHURAIN!?” *edgeworth walks around the corner having not previously appeared in this game* “Leave that to me.”
  • we hear how apollo’s dad died when he was a kid. okay, sure. later we meet a witness whose mom died saving them from a fire. we expect apollo to empathize over losing a parent, but that’s not enough for apollo fuckin’ justice, no buddy, he’s gonna explain that actually his dad died saving him from a fire too, which is a fact we do not know until, playing as him, we present a photo of his father
  • everyone: “who could the mastermind behind this kidnapping be?” durk: “it’s inga” everyone including inga: “oh, okay”
  • “let’s go to khurain to save maya! except you trucy”
  • apollo proves someone he’s known since childhood is innocent of murder and the guy does not even appear in the lobby after the trial

what the hell is this game

Spoiler: Case 5
This. All of this. Is so. Fucking. True. LMFAO.

Gardevoir lover

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler:
Jesus Christ, do they not know how to use Pearl or Trucy anymore. Jeez. At least Trucy got Turnabout Magic Show.

That implies they knew how to use them to begin with.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Derper

Bolt Storm wrote:
  • apollo proves someone he’s known since childhood is innocent of murder and the guy does not even appear in the lobby after the trial

I wonder why? :yogi:
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Wotter boy

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler:

That implies they knew how to use them to begin with.

Point.

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
So what's the name of the girl who controls the helicopter, and why didn't she initially reveal herself? I assume that she's the professor's daughter.

Art Person

Spoiler: Regarding Apollo
Oh god, reading all this I'm kinda shocked!
So Apollo has 3 dads. Music Dad, Magic Dad, and Foreign Dad. The fanbase should be satisfied

Also, didn't his dad die in a magic performance? Did that cause a fire and somehow blind Thalassa to the point of amnesia? Also does this mean Apollo knows he's Trucy's hald brother, but Trucy's still left in the dark?

Also, this sounds like their way to either write Apollo out of GS7, or keep Apollo AND Nayuta (and maybe Rayfa) in GS7.

Derper

SuperAj3 wrote:
Spoiler:
So Apollo has 3 dads. Music Dad, Magic Dad, and Foreign Dad. The fanbase should be satisfied

Also, didn't his dad die in a magic performance? Did that cause a fire and somehow blind Thalassa to the point of amnesia? Also does this mean Apollo knows he's Trucy's hald brother, but Trucy's still left in the dark?

Also, this sounds like their way to either write Apollo out of GS7, or keep Apollo AND Nayuta (and maybe Rayfa) in GS7.

It was never specified that he was a magician in the English translation. I don't know about the original script in GS4, but he's revealed to be a musician in GS6. Thalassa also wasn't there during the fire and wasn't able to find Apollo after he went missing and probably went back to the troupe heartbroken which may be why Zak even had a chance with her. Neither Apollo or Trucy know they're siblings.

Does the stinger at the end of the game where Phoenix tells a certain character that they need to tell them the truth after presenting Apollo's dad's picture mean Apollo's not coming back?

Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

hey why

Bolt Storm wrote:
I'm only past the first trial day and a little into the second investigation day, but Here Are Some Things That Have Happened:

• durk comes to see apollo and he’s such a dad. he’s such a dad. he wants to show trucy kid pictures of apollo oh my god he’s such a dad
  • apollo and friends come to see the professor, hear he’s dead, never once consider foul play despite that happening in almost every single case they take
  • pearl appears for literally one scene and then vanishes so hard they take her profile out of the court record after day 1
  • “for the first time in ace attorney history, a civil trial! just kidding it’s murder”
  • phoenix is fighting in court because maya’s been kidnapped and. he sucks at it. like compared to when he went to bat for engarde this is just sad
  • they basically reused that plot from 2-4 btw
  • “HOW WILL WE GET TO KHURAIN!?” *edgeworth walks around the corner having not previously appeared in this game* “Leave that to me.”
  • we hear how apollo’s dad died when he was a kid. okay, sure. later we meet a witness whose mom died saving them from a fire. we expect apollo to empathize over losing a parent, but that’s not enough for apollo fuckin’ justice, no buddy, he’s gonna explain that actually his dad died saving him from a fire too, which is a fact we do not know until, playing as him, we present a photo of his father
  • everyone: “who could the mastermind behind this kidnapping be?” durk: “it’s inga” everyone including inga: “oh, okay”
  • “let’s go to khurain to save maya! except you trucy”

what the hell is this game

Spoiler: 6-5, mostly a rant though
oh

okay then.

This case just..shows the magnitude of the pacing problems of this game. It's too much happening in one case. One fucking minute we're examining evidence in the Not A Murder case. Then we're playing Apollo Jones and the Crystal Jewel. Then Civil Case haha no IT'S A MURDER SURPRISE WHO SAW THAT SHIT COMING, BTW MAYA'S A PLOT DEVICE AGAIN. And that's just part fucking one.

Even if this game executed everything perfectly (lol) this will still be an overload. Which is I-fucking-ronic because they split a huge case into two parts in 5-4 and 5-5 to avoid this very fucking thing. Some of this was so...unnecessary. Who is this chuckle fuck who wants to be mayor suddenly? Why did we Actually Have To Search For The Jewel? Why couldn't this have been Case 4 instead of a Wildly Unnecessary Filler that is 6-4? I'm just...so baffled.

Then there's Edgeworth, and to a lesser extent, Pearl. They're here just to be here. Again. They're trying to make EVERYONE happy. Edgewroth fans. Pearl Fans. Apollo Justice Fans. Phoenix fans. Athena and Blackquil fans. And in doing that, they're spreading themselves thin, and having shallow reasons for EVERYONE TO BE HERE. You can't make everyone happy all the time, and when you try to. this happens.

As for the case itself, just like the last game, they're trying to build this Grand Spectacle that reaches the heights of Bridge to the Turnabout, without really understanding how it was executed or why it was so great. Because of the buildup, because of the mysteries and world building over the past 3 games, hell even in that game alone. It never tried to do too much, but did everything well enough to be a conclusive finish to the trilogy. Last game we had the DARK AGE OF THE LAW shoved down our throat and "resolved" after 8 years of mess, because one (1) prosecutor who was wrongly accused was proven innocent and ignoring the (counting AAI2) five prosecutors (and one police chief) who were corrupt as hell and/or Killed A Person. the premise in this slightly better, and more believable and handled better, but still brought to a resolution that feels rushed. Because they want that BttT feeling. While giving everyone all the characters they love. While juggling three protagonists. The writing team just feels overwhelmed trying to give everyone their cake and let them eat it too.

Overall the cases feel more intriguing than DD, and the cases seem impactful and the stakes always seem high. I like cases 1-4, even if 4 is a bit of filler. But 5 just kind of seems to fall on its face and not really sure what it wants to be. Characters are still here for fanservice reasons/plot devices, and a villain who is just so out of nowhere with no buildup that it feels lackluster. It's frustrating for a fan.

Anyway that was my whole dumbass rant that I really don't know why I went on.

Wotter boy

SuperAj3 wrote:

Spoiler:
If I remember correctly, at the end, neither Trucy nor Apollo know yet, and Phoenix tells Thallassa it's about time to tell them.

And no, he didn't die during a magic act, Music dad and Magic dad are the same person, he died during a performance to the queen or something and Apollo was there with her, so Thalassa never knew the circumstances around his death nor Apollo's disappearance and since it was the queen attacked, the police to little to help her.

Art Person

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

Spoiler:
If I remember correctly, at the end, neither Trucy nor Apollo know yet, and Phoenix tells Thallassa it's about time to tell them.

And no, he didn't die during a magic act, Music dad and Magic dad are the same person, he died during a performance to the queen or something and Apollo was there with her, so Thalassa never knew the circumstances around his death nor Apollo's disappearance and since it was the queen attacked, the police to little to help her.

Ahhh. Thanks for clarifying
Spoiler:
Also Magic dad is Zak Gramarye, his step-dad. Maybe I should've said "Gramarye Dad" XD

Reglare wrote:
Spoiler:
Does the stinger at the end of the game where Phoenix tells a certain character that they need to tell them the truth after presenting Apollo's dad's picture mean Apollo's not coming back?

Didn't know about that point. Maybe I was wrong. I'm just going by what you guys have been posting here.

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

I just finished last night (this morning?)...feels weird man.

Spoiler: Ending and Post-credits stuff
The ending is....alright? I have a lot of personal bias and I'm upset to see the WAA split up, but I feel like Apollo leaving fits into some of the running themes the game was trying to go for.

The multiple stingers and some endgame info--Apollo promising he'll go back to Japan once things have calmed down (which mirrors what Dirk said to him, which I'm worried about because maybe that means it'll take a while), Phoenix talking to someone unknown (read: definitely Thalassa) and talking about telling "them" the truth, the letter Apollo wrote to Phoenix telling them that things are still kinda ridiculous after a few months, and the final scene confirming that Apollo is somehow still the only lawyer in Khura'in--kinda have me split on whether or not I think he'll be permanently back in Japan by the next game, but if they're gonna do Thalassa and/or Gramarye stuff at all, Apollo definitely hast o be involved.

I can kinda understand the feeling of them throwing Apollo under the bus with this, but I'd like to think they more just...tried to properly pull Apollo out from under Phoenix's shadow and show that he's capable of doing his own thing.

I'm easily pleased, but imo: Good game, divisive ending.

~chansey~

Fantastic case and great end to the imo best game of the series so far. Maybe I am easily pleased, but it really feels like everything came together well. I'll post some of the spoilers I have, beware it has stuff from all of the case so. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. :)

Spoiler: All the Apollo stuff
I am really glad he got the spotlight in this last case. Case 5 is all about Apollo, coming to terms with his childhood and reuniting with Dork. You really get the feeling he has matured as well, and even if Phoenix is with him, Apollo runs the show, so this case does a good job in cementing Apollo on the same level as Phoenix, making it much easier to buy he stays behind. I also have a hard time understanding people who think Apollo gets shafted when this might be the best case he's ever had, with most of the focus on him, and also being the final case of the game - I have no doubt he will return in the future. Apollo proving that Dork was murdered and being channeled and hoping it was wrong might be one of the most emotional moments in the series ever, and it really came as a big surprise, I was pretty much in shock.

Spoiler: All the Big Bad stuff
Well, it wasn't obvious until a good way into case 5 who the big bad would be. Having the Queen of the country, the one with the biggest power, being the final enemy was nice, and reminded a bit about Investigations. It is pretty obvious leading into the final trial though that it was Garan who was the big bad, but it didn't take anything away I think. She does a good job initially with shooting down Apollo in the trial as prosecutor, abusing her power as queen as much as she can, but halfway through or such she takes the backseat until the end, which felt weird but I guess she had accepted most of the stuff she is trying to hide would be exposed so as long as she could remain in power she was okay with that. That the final key to beating her would be to prove she can't channel spirits wasn't really a surprise, but it felt incredibly satisfying, considering she had her guards aiming at you at gunpoint...

Spoiler: Something I overlooked?
For me it was obvious since Garan said she was the prosecutor of the assassination 23 years ago that she had fabricated evidence, and they did prove Dork's fingerprints couldn't have been on the lighter, and it really felt like it was built up to be a "it wasn't the attorney who fabricated evidence, it was the prosecution!" but that kinda died when focus shifted to who murdered the Minister in present day. I'm wondering if I missed something or if they just left that unsaid.

Spoiler: Apollo family stuff
It felt incredibly good for Apollo to face his dad's death, and experience it through the divination séance. Using his real dad's murder to prove his Kurain dad innocent... Very satisfying. The ending also has a scene with Phoenix and obviously Lamiroire, and I really expect a reunion somehow next game. I presume it will be accompanied by a murder of some sort.

Reglare wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
Spoiler:

It was never specified that he was a magician in the English translation. I don't know about the original script in GS4, but he's revealed to be a musician in GS6. Thalassa also wasn't there during the fire and wasn't able to find Apollo after he went missing and probably went back to the troupe heartbroken which may be why Zak even had a chance with her. Neither Apollo or Trucy know they're siblings.

Spoiler:
Actually, I remember that Thalassa met Apollo's father for the first time during one of the Troupe's shows, in which he was a guest performer. He could have been just a music performer (and not a magician), though.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Gardevoir lover

Seems plausible
Spoiler: 4-3
Thallasa has quite the singing voice so i'd assume that be a neat bonus for people going to a show.

元・超会社員級の管理人

lmfao

Spoiler: late second day of 6-5 investigation
apollo: so, you never found out who my mom was?
datts: no... all your father's possessions were burned up in the fire... and it was just a coincidence that he was there... we tried looking for her but we could never find her... she must have been searching for you, too...
phoenix, standing right there next to them: DOESN'T EVEN GET A "..." TEXT BOX

I said in the impressions thread that I thought the game was gonna trip over its feet and burst into flames sooner or later and yep, here we are

this is gonna be a hell of a trial
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Bolt Storm wrote:
lmfao

datts: no... all your father's possessions were burned up in the fire... and it was just a coincidence that he was there... we tried looking for her but we could never find her... she must have been searching for you, too...

I said in the impressions thread that I thought the game was gonna trip over its feet and burst into flames sooner or later and yep, here we are

Spoiler: Case 5
I've actually heard pretty good things about the final trial, but then again I haven't played the game. Either way, Capcom really likes no not talk about Apollo's mom lol.

Gardevoir lover

Bolt Storm wrote:
lmfao

Nick's a prick.

In Justice We Trust?

Spoiler:
L is Real 2041

Awesome Case, Great Job
Just went with a sig to see if it would work

元・超会社員級の管理人

LMFAO

Spoiler: 6-5 final trial

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Gardevoir lover

What the fuck?

元・超会社員級の管理人

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
What the fuck?

She has her guards come in and change her into her evil overlord outfit then and there. Plus she knocks Nayuta down to the assistant's seat. get owned, nerd

Wooster wrote:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Spoiler: Sum up what I know about case 5 in four words
Best. Final. Boss. Ever.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
Wow, I can't say that I expected Garan to eventually dress like an evil overlady when I first saw her in Case 3.

hey why

Bolt Storm wrote:
lmfao

Yeah.

Yep.

Okay.

Phoenix: Yeah I know you're having some huge emotional distress about your dad, your other dad and honestly Literally Everything that's been happening to you but I'm not gonna alleviate ANY of this stress by telling you about your mom or at the very least that she's alive and safe.

Sure.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Bolt Storm wrote:
Plus she knocks Nayuta down to the assistant's seat. get owned, nerd

Spoiler: Case 5 final trial
What a scrub. Get rekt m8.

Ace Fangirl

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this ending and also the entire game in general. It's like:

Spoiler:
The backstory is cool and nicely put together, but it doesn't work for Apollo. Apollo is a character we THOUGHT we knew, and then suddenly we learn all these weird things about him and his past that were never hinted at even once. I understand that it couldn't have been foreshadowed if they hadn't thought about this kind of stuff before GS6, but that's all the more reason to maybe.... not give a good old familiar character a complicated story like that one.

In one way, Apollo leaving the WAA (at least temporarily) does sort of undermine the character arc he had in GS5, where him leaving was a Really Big Deal and Phoenix had to sort of win him back, but... I think him having his own law firm is good for him as a character. He can finally move out of Phoenix's shadow and get his own spotlight, instead of being the sidekick. Plus, I would love a spin-off where Apollo and Ahlbi take on some cases in Khura'in. Maybe also with Datz hanging around the office all the time (I'm very biased towards Datz). Then we can see characters like Nayuta and Rayfa develop a bit more too. Then, if we ever get a proper GS7, it can focus more on Phoenix's storyline while Apollo's develops in spin-offs (like Edgeworth's did).

While I am a bit disappointed at the lack of attention paid to Pearl, I think Trucy getting basically her very own case was nice. It's all the attention they could give a character like her, probably. Meanwhile, the more I think about it, the more I hate case 4. It's the most random, worthless filler ever and the fact that it's so short, featuring only Athena and Blackquill, bugs me even more. They should've just cut it and made case 4 something plot-related. Like.... If they wanted Athena to be doing 'something useful' in the meantime, they could've had her investigate something for either Apollo or Phoenix, with some help from Blackquill. That would've worked way better than some asinine performance case featuring characters that were literally shoehorned into Simon's past.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Meowzy wrote:
I have a lot of mixed feelings about this ending and also the entire game in general. It's like:

Spoiler:
The backstory is cool and nicely put together, but it doesn't work for Apollo. Apollo is a character we THOUGHT we knew, and then suddenly we learn all these weird things about him and his past that were never hinted at even once. I understand that it couldn't have been foreshadowed if they hadn't thought about this kind of stuff before GS6, but that's all the more reason to maybe.... not give a good old familiar character a complicated story like that one.

In one way, Apollo leaving the WAA (at least temporarily) does sort of undermine the character arc he had in GS5, where him leaving was a Really Big Deal and Phoenix had to sort of win him back, but... I think him having his own law firm is good for him as a character. He can finally move out of Phoenix's shadow and get his own spotlight, instead of being the sidekick. Plus, I would love a spin-off where Apollo and Ahlbi take on some cases in Khura'in. Maybe also with Datz hanging around the office all the time (I'm very biased towards Datz). Then we can see characters like Nayuta and Rayfa develop a bit more too. Then, if we ever get a proper GS7, it can focus more on Phoenix's storyline while Apollo's develops in spin-offs (like Edgeworth's did).

While I am a bit disappointed at the lack of attention paid to Pearl, I think Trucy getting basically her very own case was nice. It's all the attention they could give a character like her, probably. Meanwhile, the more I think about it, the more I hate case 4. It's the most random, worthless filler ever and the fact that it's so short, featuring only Athena and Blackquill, bugs me even more. They should've just cut it and made case 4 something plot-related. Like.... If they wanted Athena to be doing 'something useful' in the meantime, they could've had her investigate something for either Apollo or Phoenix, with some help from Blackquill. That would've worked way better than some asinine performance case featuring characters that were literally shoehorned into Simon's past.

Spoiler:
To be fair, we knew next to nothing about Phoenix's backstory before T&T came out, and now all of a sudden he's a former murder suspect, former boyfriend to a serial killer, etc.

And when it comes to Case 4, the only reason it's so out of place is because nothing else in this game is really "filler". The original trilogy had tons of filler cases, but we never really thought much of it just because the game in general was less connected. Then again, Case 4 is like putting Recipe for Turnabout in the middle of GK2 so I can definitely see where you're coming from there.

Ace Fangirl

Yeah, basically the main problem is that

Spoiler:
if they were going the route of having this HUGE overarching plot (like in GK2) they should've gone all the way and not made one out of the five cases entirely random. It's a little different from other main series games, where several cases feel very disconnected from one another (and may still have some hints to the overarching plot, but the murders themselves aren't part of it).

True fact about Phoenix's backstory though. I think if I were in the fandom when T&T was first released, I would've been a little mad at the whole Dahlia thing too.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Meowzy wrote:
Yeah, basically the main problem is that

Spoiler:
if they were going the route of having this HUGE overarching plot (like in GK2) they should've gone all the way and not made one out of the five cases entirely random. It's a little different from other main series games, where several cases feel very disconnected from one another (and may still have some hints to the overarching plot, but the murders themselves aren't part of it).

True fact about Phoenix's backstory though. I think if I were in the fandom when T&T was first released, I would've been a little mad at the whole Dahlia thing too.

Spoiler:
I guess it'd be pretty hard to put another case in though, with how everything is tied together. I'd much rather have case 4 be in the game than have it taken out and be done as DLC while the main game is only 4 cases.

Ace Fangirl

Spoiler:
Like I said, though, they could've had Athena investigate something for Phoenix or Apollo. It would've made sense for Simon to help out with something like that, considering he used to be one of the people attempting to hunt down an international spy. He might have connections with Interpol or something. Or maybe Athena could've been the one to search for the treasure in Kurain village, have her (and Simon) interact with Pearl a bit... I dunno, I'm just brainstorming here. If they really wanted a case focusing on Athena and Simon and still have it be tied to the plot, they could've pulled it off and at the same time made case 5 seem less bulky.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Meowzy wrote:
Spoiler:
Like I said, though, they could've had Athena investigate something for Phoenix or Apollo. It would've made sense for Simon to help out with something like that, considering he used to be one of the people attempting to hunt down an international spy. He might have connections with Interpol or something. Or maybe Athena could've been the one to search for the treasure in Kurain village, have her (and Simon) interact with Pearl a bit... I dunno, I'm just brainstorming here. If they really wanted a case focusing on Athena and Simon and still have it be tied to the plot, they could've pulled it off and at the same time made case 5 seem less bulky.

Spoiler:
Ehh, one of the main reasons for Apollo investigating the treasure was to establish a connection between him and Druk. Having an investigation segment rather than a trial segment would feel much more forced IMO, and the trial segments in the last case are most definitely for Apollo and Phoenix.

The miracle finally happen...

Thunder84 wrote:
Spoiler:
To be fair, we knew next to nothing about Phoenix's backstory before T&T came out, and now all of a sudden he's a former murder suspect, former boyfriend to a serial killer, etc.

And when it comes to Case 4, the only reason it's so out of place is because nothing else in this game is really "filler". The original trilogy had tons of filler cases, but we never really thought much of it just because the game in general was less connected. Then again, Case 4 is like putting Recipe for Turnabout in the middle of GK2 so I can definitely see where you're coming from there.

Spoiler: Backstory
I think the main difference is that in AA1 and 2, Phoenix had almost no backstory whatsoever (aside from the classroom trial but that's it) so when AA3 came out and gave us all this new information it was still surprising but at the same time believable since we really had no expectations of what Phoenix's story actually was. On the flip side, AA4 and 5 gave us plenty of snippets surrounding Apollo's backstory, such as his relationship with Clay, being orphaned at a young age, and so on. So when AA6 comes out and gives us this backstory it feels odd and out of character because not only was it never foreshadowed in previous games, but because for the most part we already had a good idea of his early life. All we were missing is information surrounding his father, which we got, but at the same time the Khura'in involvement and Dirk feel like they were shoehorned in which causes Apollo's backstory to feel disjointed (Japan, to Khura'in, then back to Japan, as well as having three fathers).

While I'm disappointed at the idea of Apollo being from Khura'in all along, from what I've heard the writing team flesh it out well enough to make it enjoyable, although not very believable.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Zekrom025 wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler: Backstory
I think the main difference is that in AA1 and 2, Phoenix had almost no backstory whatsoever (aside from the classroom trial but that's it) so when AA3 came out and gave us all this new information it was still surprising but at the same time believable since we really had no expectations of what Phoenix's story actually was. On the flip side, AA4 and 5 gave us plenty of snippets surrounding Apollo's backstory, such as his relationship with Clay, being orphaned at a young age, and so on. So when AA6 comes out and gives us this backstory it feels odd and out of character because not only was it never foreshadowed in previous games, but because for the most part we already had a good idea of his early life. All we were missing is information surrounding his father, which we got, but at the same time the Khura'in involvement and Dirk feel like they were shoehorned in which causes Apollo's backstory to feel disjointed (Japan, to Khura'in, then back to Japan, as well as having three fathers).

While I'm disappointed at the idea of Apollo being from Khura'in all along, from what I've heard the writing team flesh it out well enough to make it enjoyable, although not very believable.

Spoiler: SoJ and Layton spoilers
This actually reminds me way to much of the Layton series. First trilogy, main character gets nothing except for tragic story with their girlfriend in college. Second trilogy, second game shows off teenage friend and death. Last game shows off little kid memories and tragic family relationships, with one of the main "villains" being the main character's brother, the main character having an adoptive family and a real family with one dead parent, and one main character leaves after the game.

Gardevoir lover

...Oh my god your right.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Well, this inspired Layton and Layton inspires it back. That's not the first time that's happened. DGS had plenty of "This feels like Layton" as well, with the mix of reeds, high-pitched violins, steamy LONDON no less.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

元・超会社員級の管理人

Well, I finished.

...I'm gonna need a while to process this.

Wooster wrote:

Yabba Dabba Doo

Bolt Storm wrote:
Well, I finished.

Understatement of the century right there lmao.

Gardevoir lover

Bolt Storm wrote:
Well, I finished.

In a good way or a bad way?

Seasoned Animator

A lot and I mean a lot happened in this game it will take a while for it to take in. Maybe too much happened.

Spoiler: Possible GS7 concerns
I can't see a reason for Thalassa dying in the next game. Misty died because of Morgan's actions, but I can't see a plausible reason for killing their mother.

Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
Page 2 of 9 [ 325 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)