Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 5 of 9[ 339 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: What do you think of Spirit of Justice?Topic%20Title

Thank you and yes.

Happy Maria

If you were to rank the cases,how would you do so?

Me,personally?

5>4>2>3>1>Time Traveller>PW asinine>AJ asinine

I still love all of them though. They all have their moments IMO.

Case five is in my top ten,four and two in my top 25 or so,3 and 1 are at about the bottom,but still very good,and the DLC cases are at the bottom. They're rather meh.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2>1>5>3>4

Surf's Up!

Southern Corn wrote:

Me,personally?

5>4>2>3>1

No DLC case?

Anyway, 5>1>2>3>DLC>>>>>4.

Yay someone else who loved Case 1 as much as I did

And I didn't play the DLC yet :p

The video game boy; the one who wins

2>5>4>1>3>DLC
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

Included the DLC case. IMO they were the worst in the game,maybe so in a few games.They were still alright though.

Also yeah,I do love case 1, but the others are way better than it. Which is saying a lot.

A Kirby and AA fan

Hmm...
5 > 2 > 3 > 1 > DLC > 4 > PW Asinine > AJ Asinine

I think everyone is rating the DLC case rather low

Wotter boy

For me?
4>2>5>3>DLC>1

That really doesn't mean anything, as they're all amazing, but this is the person replay preference to me.

5>2>3>1>DLC>4 for me.

Gettin' Old!

5>2=1=3>DLC>>>>>>>>>>4
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

A Kirby and AA fan

luck wrote:
5>2>3>1>DLC>4 for me.

Ayyyy, my brotha! :shoe:

I've felt worse.

2>5>1=3>4>>>DLC

I'm probably a bit harder on the DLC case simply because it's DLC.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Beauty and grace.

5 > 2 > 1 = 4 > 3

Gettin' Old!

scarlet-flowers wrote:
5 > 2 > 1 = 4 > 3

Zoinks! Thus one is pretty darn shocking to me.

Really? Case 1 and 4 in equal regard and case 3 below that?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

I found the trial sections in one and four way better than three IMO.

I felt that case 3 was a little boring at times. When you get down to it, it's the twists at the end that make the case. Other than that, there's really not much to it. But that part is so good that I rank it high.

Happy Maria

luck wrote:
I felt that case 3 was a little boring at times. When you get down to it, it's the twists at the end that make the case. Other than that, there's really not much to it. But that part is so good that I rank it high.

Yeah,especially the first trial day.both the seance and testimony were so incredibly lacklustre,and I felt didn't really amount to much in the end. It's sorta like a shaggy dog story. The investigations were fine,but the only good trial segment was the very last part.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

In my opinion, I liked the grand orchestral style that the music in DD had. SoJ moved away from that a bit, such as the pursuit theme. That said, SoJ has more memorable and catchy music: the investigation themes, pursuit theme, cross examination themes, lobby themes, and Nahyuta's theme. But it had the same issue that DD had in that the logic themes play far too often while the objection and pursuit themes do not. I think the pursuit theme played twice in the whole DLC case.

Happy Maria

MBr wrote:
In my opinion, I liked the grand orchestral style that the music in DD had. SoJ moved away from that a bit, such as the pursuit theme. That said, SoJ has more memorable and catchy music: the investigation themes, pursuit theme, cross examination themes, lobby themes, and Nahyuta's theme. But it had the same issue that DD had in that the logic themes play far too often while the objection and pursuit themes do not. I think the pursuit theme played twice in the whole DLC case.

And one of them was by freaking
Spoiler:
Larry
!

At least they switched logic for Basics of the Case when the situation was intense.

Also, isn't this more of a thing for the music thread?

Southern Corn wrote:

uggggh this is hard

5>2>3=4>1>S

6-5 is 6-5

6-2 finally gave Trucy some much-needed character and breaking the monstrous scumbag killer was easily a top 5 "feels good" moment in the series

6-3 had assistant Rayfa, that's more than enough to rate it highly

6-4 was Athena's best case and Uendo was an amazing witness

6-1 was solid for a tutorial but I didn't feel like it was up there with 3-1, 4-1, or even 5-1. At least it had Rayfa

6-S wasn't awful or anything but it felt underwhelming and I thought the killer gave up too easily

Happy Maria

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

uggggh this is hard

5>2>3=4>1>S

6-5 is 6-5

6-2 finally gave Trucy some much-needed character and breaking the monstrous scumbag killer was easily a top 5 "feels good" moment in the series

6-3 had assistant Rayfa, that's more than enough to rate it highly

6-4 was Athena's best case and Uendo was an amazing witness

6-1 was solid for a tutorial but I didn't feel like it was up there with 3-1, 4-1, or even 5-1. At least it had Rayfa

6-S wasn't awful or anything but it felt underwhelming and I thought the killer gave up too easily

I agree with you on that last part. The whole case was too simplistic. Even though it went on for two days,it's somehow shorter than 6-4 and maybe even 6-2. How?

Beauty and grace.

Pierre wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:
5 > 2 > 1 = 4 > 3

Zoinks! Thus one is pretty darn shocking to me.

Really? Case 1 and 4 in equal regard and case 3 below that?

I remember being really hyped playing Case 1 because I felt it was a really good intro case (also I feel in love with Alhbi, my smol Khurainese son). Similarly, I enjoyed Case 4 quite a bit because of Uendo and the killer's motive tugged at my heartstrings. Of course, they weren't perfect which is why they're not high up there, but I felt they just had more moments I enjoyed than Case 3.

I mean, a majority of why I don't care for Case 3 is that I have to deal with Rayfa's fucking shit and the whole constant chanting of "death to lawyers!" got stale real fast. Plus, I'm so bored of Maya being the defendant, though I did enjoy her channeling the priest. Iunno, I'm just kind of tired of Phoenix, and especially when he doesn't have Apollo or Athena with him.

Southern Corn wrote:

2 > 3 > 5 > 1 > 4 > DLC for me.

2 & 3 were the only cases I really thoroughly enjoyed in this game. Both do drag/wander a bit at points but all in all they were a fun experience for me, really enjoyed the settings and dialogue in both.
5 had some nice Rayfa development in there and the breakdowns were fun, also had a decent sense of mystery in there too compared to the rest of the game which tended to be patronisingly obvious a lot of the time (imo). Other than that I didn't enjoy it much though.
1 was a pretty good tutorial type case actually, though I'm of the opinion that games as mechanically simple as AA don't even need these "tutorial cases" to begin with. It'd probably be above 5 for me if it was a fully fleshed out case.
4 was frustrating because it had some fun characters and dialogue in there, but in terms of simplicity it felt more like a tutorial case than the game's actual tutorial case. If it was a fully fleshed out case perhaps I'd rank it higher.
DLC was just really disappointing for me. Phoenix & Edgeworth's banter was fun as usual and probably the highlight of the case.

While we're ranking things, how do you think this gane compares to the others? I say...

PW:AA>=T&T>SoJ>>DD>GK2=AJ=JfA>>AAI.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I have a hard time ranking the entire games, but what I can say is that SoJ is by far my favourite of the Yamazaki games. It's up there with the four first games for me, but I can't definitely say where it lands.

As a sidenote, maybe because I really waited for and looked forward to this game (which I'd never done before since I got into the series shortly before DD had its Western release and back then I didn't have a 3DS, was busy with the previous installments and also thought DD was out already, so I never had that anticipation experience) and was not disappointed but rather pleasantly surprised, and it's still fairly new, I feel a little protective of SoJ. I want everyone to like iiiit :acro:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

Me? SoJ for me is at the top! ....Of the bottom of my list.

It goes like this:AA>T&T>AJ>AAI2>PLvsAA>SoJ>DGS>JfA>DD>AAI

Probably the most balanced Yamazaki game,overall,but AAI2 has such good story that it's higher. It had a more solid story than DGS,but the graphics were a step below the Layton crossover. Also,the mediocre DLC brings it down for me. The Asinine Attorney cases are the only ones not in my top fifty (though that will change with DGS2).

Happy Maria

Also,just want to say that I don't hate any of the games or the cases. Some may come very close to that (looking at you I-3 >_>), but they still do have that stylised Ace Attorney [tm] charm to them. :maya:

Remember Missile.x?...You don't!?

I thought Spirit of Justice was excellent. In fact, I completed it the other day and feel empty inside now because I know it'll be a long, long time before another game comes out :sadshoe:

If I had to rate the cases it'd probably go: 5,4,3,2,1 with 2 and 3 being pretty much interchangeable (haven't played DLC yet). I guess I think this game got better as it went along? To be clear, even though I criticise 2 and 3 a little below, I actually didn't dislike any of the cases in this game, which is rare for me in the AA series.

Okay, now i'm gonna tag the rest as spoilers, because I get a little more in-depth and would hate to ruin it for anyone...

Spoiler:
I felt this game introduced some likeable and memorable characters (Dhurke, Dhurke, Rayfa, Dhurke, Datz, Dhurke - I love Dhurke, okay?) and was generally compelling, more so towards the end.

Case 3 didn't feel like a filler and I think the game did a good job establishing a new kingdom, even if Khura'in is more or less the same as Kurain in a lot of ways :edgey: . I'd say the pacing was good and that most of the sets were pretty interesting to investigate. Case 2 could be an exception here. I think the stage investigation thing is very over-used and I HATE examining dressing rooms (like, seriously, how many times are they going to do that!?).

Okay, the more I think about it Case 2 may have been my least favourite as it didn't add a lot to the overall story arc and was pretty obviously a way to include Trucy in the game seeing as she was fairly inconsequential to the rest of the game, I'd say. You could pull Case 4 up for this, except I liked it more and I LOVED seeing BlackQuill back! :simon: The thing is, when you have a split storyline and as many recurring characters to include you're already in a tough situation. They had to find ways to fit Athena, Trucy and even my fav, Simon back into the story, seeing as they weren't involved in any of the revolution stuff.

Now a little more about characters...

After playing the demo I expected Rayfa to be a thorn-in-my-side sort of character. A Franziska duplicate, who, for the record was my least favourite prosecutor. I was very wrong in this assumption. Yes, Rayfa is technically following Nick around in Case 3 to make sure he doesn't do anything dodgy, but I was SO pleasantly surprised by how her characters story-arc played out! I mean, I met this girl and my first thought was "she's a bit of brat, but I guess this Last Rites stuff is an interesting mechanic. She'll probably just show up in court a couple of times and let me prove her wrong, while calling me some names", but by the end of Case 5 I absolutely loved this character. Her development was a thing of beauty. Watching her reaction to her Father's death and seeing her interactions with Gu'ran was heart-breaking. Getting to know her throughout 3 and 5 was great. She had funny lines, an insecure side and an interesting backstory. She was such a teenager and I loved that!

Now onto Dhurke...man, I just loved this guy. He was so funny and layered and the game did and amazing job with the 5th case. I mean, as someone who was only mentioned previously, to introduce him and then make you care that much in the space of one trial. Kudos!

Having a little backstory for Apollo was a great thing to add. We know how he grew up, we met his adoptive brother, his adoptive Dad *sobs* and I think this could be a good way to extend the franchise if that cut scene with Phoenix and (who I assume) is Lamiroir is anything to go by. Hopefully, they're going to tidy up all this "Apollo and Trucy secret-sibling" stuff in the next one?

On side note, I liked Nahyuta. I know it's an unpopular opinion and I understand where people are coming from, but I guess I didn't find his attitude particularly grating and I found his insults downright hilarious (what can I say? I'm a simple gal.) Oh, and the humour in this game was ON POINT. I took so many phone pics of funny moments during this game. I was hugely impressed by the writing. I think this game wins the award for the BEST SPRITE EVER. I am in love with that sprite of Amara with the animals. I laughed so hard when I saw that daft, adorable looking tiger. Amazing.

So yeah, good job Capcom!
My frilly cravat makes one strong fashion statement.

(Ignore)

Happy Maria

Derpy Tiger is by far the best part of the game. End of discussion.

A Kirby and AA fan

Southern Corn wrote:

Did I miss something in this game?

Happy Maria

Spoiler: 6-5 huuuuuge turn back or get spoiled mate lol
Amara's cute animals :)

The Derpy Tiger is the best,obs.

Seriously,Nurio,how could you not know this. I'm disappointed.

Remember Missile.x?...You don't!?

Southern Corn wrote:

That sprite is the single greatest sprite I have seen in any Ace Attorney game so far. :missle:
My frilly cravat makes one strong fashion statement.

A Kirby and AA fan

Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler: 6-5 huuuuuge turn back or get spoiled mate lol
Amara's cute animals :)

The Derpy Tiger is the best,obs.

Seriously,Nurio,how could you not know this. I'm disappointed.

I was more focused on the actual person than the background animals. Of course I registered there were animals, but I didn't look at each individual one

Happy Maria

Our lord and saviour,Derpy Tiger,forgives you for now...
Spoiler: Derpy tiger's image is too glorious to be out in the open also 6-5 spoilerz
Image Mainly because he's gazing at Queen Amara's resplendence...

Also this might be a weird/nitpicky complaint but did anyone think the end credits were really lackluster? I really loved the credits theme but the "where are they now?" wasn't really that insightful this time around. Was just kind of like "Oh, so nobody but Apollo is moving onto anything too special, ok"

Wotter boy

JesusMonroe wrote:
Also this might be a weird/nitpicky complaint but did anyone think the end credits were really lackluster? I really loved the credits theme but the "where are they now?" wasn't really that insightful this time around. Was just kind of like "Oh, so nobody but Apollo is moving onto anything too special, ok"

I think Athena's had the most potential to lead into something tbh

Happy Maria

But once again,the segment with Simon leaves us confused.
Page 5 of 9 [ 339 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)