Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Anyone notice that the profanity has increased slightly?Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

It's ironic because in DD,they went out of their way to censor many things,such as the infamous 'FUUUUUUUUUUUDGE' line. And that was rated 'M'!

However,in this game,the language isn't censored at all. Of the top of my head,some characters which I remember swearing are
Spoiler:
Pees'lubn,Inga,Apollo,Dhurke,Nahyuta,Roger,and various audience members.

There are some things which are unique to this game,which haven't been done since the first,like
Spoiler: Case 3,4 and 5
Showing someone getting shot,sexual innuendos and something something 'balls' in the third case.

Am I the only one who really noticed this?
Re: Anyone notice that the profanity has increased slightly?Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

Actually,I noticed that the DLC case(s) are the only ones vulgarity-free. Wonder why?

Art Person

I thought the more adult localisation was quite enjoyable XD I was laughing and grinning in amazement at those lines XD
And yeah the game's rated "M" here for me (so 15 years or older) whereas DD was only PG (Parental Guidance, or 10 years or older). So with the rating comes those expectations, so I see no problems with it.

Happy Maria

SuperAj3 wrote:
I thought the more adult localisation was quite enjoyable XD And yeah the game's rated "M" here for me (so 15 years or older) whereas DD was only PG (Parental Guidance, or 10 years or older). So with the rating, comes those expectations. So I see no problems with it

I didn't say I hated it,but it was weird,since every other game besides the original rely heavily on censorship,even DD! Also,looks like Australia's got their ratings system straight.

Art Person

LMAO Yeah it's weird that yours is the reverse.
And I didn't say you hated it, just that I liked it XD

The cape is self-fluttering

Southern Corn wrote:
It's ironic because in DD,they went out of their way to censor many things,such as the infamous 'FUUUUUUUUUUUDGE' line. And that was rated 'M'!

However,in this game,the language isn't censored at all. Of the top of my head,some characters which I remember swearing are
Spoiler:

There are some things which are unique to this game,which haven't been done since the first,like
Showing someone getting shot,sexual innuendos and something something 'balls' in the third case.

I'm not sure you can really count "damn" and "hell" as coarse language, no matter how frequently they happen.

The original AA trilogy has its share of naughty words or innuendos. In 1-3, it was Maya who said Oldbag had balls, and in 3-2, she calls either Luke or Ron an attention whore, and implies Nick is one. Mia spent about 9/10 of the original trilogy with her boobs about to fall out of her robe. April May had her share of innuendos. Hell, even Jean Armstrong and his oils were a bit much.

Spoiler: 6-5, 5-5
Not sure what language has to do with violence, but I'll admit I almost jumped when Amara get shot. On the other hand, we also saw the Phantom get shot in real time in DD, so I can't say the act by itself was too shocking? Outside of the fact we probably gave more of a shit about Amara than we did the Phantom. Also blood I guess.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Happy Maria

Jean Descole wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm not sure you can really count "damn" and "hell" as coarse language, no matter how frequently they happen.

The original AA trilogy has its share of naughty words or innuendos. In 1-3, it was Maya who said Oldbag had balls, and in 3-2, she calls either Luke or Ron an attention whore, and implies Nick is one. Mia spent about 9/10 of the original trilogy with her boobs about to fall out of her robe. April May had her share of innuendos. Hell, even Jean Armstrong and his oils were a bit much.

Spoiler: 6-5, 5-5
Not sure what language has to do with violence, but I'll admit I almost jumped when Amara get shot. On the other hand, we also saw the Phantom get shot in real time in DD, so I can't say the act by itself was too shocking? Outside of the fact we probably gave more of a bleep about Amara than we did the Phantom. Also blood I guess.

Yeah,I guess. But AJ onwards it's been playing it PG for some reason. Oh,you don't want to see bad words here. In a game about murders.

What?

Also,at the end there,I was talking about
Spoiler: 6-5
Dhurke,though I guess Amara counts too.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

The English localization has always been a bit more liberal with adult jokes, but they were definitely even more so with this game, at least with language. The violence was actually a bit toned down from the last one, and whatever "partial nudity" warning on the cover is actually quite fair for kids.

There is plenty more censorship in the original Japanese vers, but when it comes to censorship of violence, laws are a bit different for Japan than the US. Pools of blood and a few direct shots are fair for CERO B, which is directed to kids 15 or older, but DD took it to a new level with some rather graphic themes and images.
Spoiler: 6-5
In Dhurke and Amara's case, though, this may be the first time we've seen someone get shot onscreen without some sort of shadowing technique to hide it.

In any case, the series started off with very tight regulations of censorship, so it seems to me that they've been playing it as a running gag to keep things "PG" despite the severity of the cases. It's Ace Attorney, not Law & Order or L.A. Noir.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!

I don't think this game has any worse "profanity" in it than any other game in the series. As for whether they HAVE to keep it that way or not, I only have one thing to say:

Spoiler: AAI-5
"Quercus Alba! You BASTARD!"

Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.

It did surprise me when
Spoiler: 6-1&6-2 Is this even a spoiler?
Pees'lubn said 'crap' and Apollo commented how he didn't want to know what the creepy camera guy was planning to do with the footage of Bonnie.

But I think the M-rating of DD had less to do with profanity and more with
Spoiler: DD
That image of young Athena covered in blood. It was pretty creepy if you ask me.

Also, I believe that both SoJ and DD have PEGI 16 here in Europe (which IIRC is kinda like the M rating in ESRB, although not exactly the same) as opposed to the PEGI 12 of the first four games, so the games global rating is even more messed.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure that 'fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge' wasn't an actual F-Bomb at any moment of development. The same goes for all those witches in SoJ that look like they could have perfectly been b**ches.

What did he do this time...?

I didn't notice an increase in profanity. However...

Spoiler:
Seeing Dhurke and Amara get shot were very startling and brutal. I didn't think that was going to be fully animated with the 3D models.

Turnabout Dave wrote:
I don't think this game has any worse "profanity" in it than any other game in the series. As for whether they HAVE to keep it that way or not, I only have one thing to say:

Spoiler: AAI-5
"Quercus Alba! You BASTARD!"

I forgot about this one... I didn't think they allowed to use that word.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Happy Maria

Actually,I think that DD's M rating had more to do with the blown up courtroom,cos this stuff is kinda touchy in America.

The train always changes speeds, sometimes it goes from some profanity to a sort of lot...
:guilty:

The video game boy; the one who wins

Sal Manella uses the word "ass" in case 1-3... same case as Maya saying Oldbag has "balls".
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

Like I said,the language was only thismbad in AA1. It slightly decreased in 2 and 3,and became pretty much non-existent afterwards in the main series.

The video game boy; the one who wins

... Yeah, you did. I forgot :sahwit:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Do that and I'll throw grape juice at u

Yes I have noticed, there were so many hells in the game when in other games it was surprising just having one hell. Plus i remember some people saying damn it. I loved it, i was waiting for a fuck
:gant: Evil people eat Oreos :gant:
Please donate if you can @ http://www.youcaring.com/epichugger
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)