Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Episode 10: "Turnabout Goodbyes - 3rd TrialTopic%20Title

This is a general discussion thread for the tenth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Turnabout Goodbyes - 3rd Trial".
Re: Episode 10: "Turnabout Goodbyes - 3rd TrialTopic%20Title

Ughhh

So the gusts of wind are not just a visual metaphor anymore it seems.

They are something they can actually do.

Please stop.

Anyway.

The animation was whatever, nothing good but nothing terrible (aside from the fact Von Karma can't seem to stay on model, no matter what the episode is).

They finally managed to land the timing on the joke with the music which was nice, it wasn't a jarring change for once.

As for the adaption, it's missing out a pretty major scene in the first game for Maya, if the case ends in the same way as in the game it's not going to have nearly as much of an impact, simply based on the fact that there is no context to the way she would be acting. Maya's issues with self confidence were a major part of the case so it was a terrible idea to remove it.

Other than that, it was fine, I guess.

6.5/10

RoyalTanki wrote:
As for the adaption, it's missing out a pretty major scene in the first game for Maya, if the case ends in the same way as in the game it's not going to have nearly as much of an impact, simply based on the fact that there is no context to the way she would be acting. Maya's issues with self confidence were a major part of the case so it was a terrible idea to remove it.

If you're talking about the thing with the stun gun and the DL-6 bullet, it's quite possible that they will be in the next episode. I can't really see them NOT doing that.

A Kirby and AA fan

RoyalTanki wrote:
So the gusts of wind are not just a visual metaphor anymore it seems. They are something they can actually do.

I actually liked it here, and it's still more symbolic than anything. It was fast, making it not very different from the 'snap'/'stab' in the games. And in this episode, it simply showed Von Karma is above Larry. And it made Larry the butt (heh) of a joke.

RoyalTanki wrote:
They finally managed to land the timing on the joke with the music which was nice, it wasn't a jarring change for once.

It honestly never was jarring to me, so I also didn't really notice anything different in this regard in this episode.

RoyalTanki wrote:

As has been said, I don't think this will be removed. Considering the next episode is not the last one of this case, they'll have plenty of time to put that in. And it's a very key moment

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I think for the first time the wind was done right. I think it's funny that von Karma could knock down Larry with his snaps. Why does he need a stun gun again?

Which major Maya scene are you talking about? If it's the one where she jumps between Karma and Phoenix, that will surely happen next episode.

One thing was left out of the anime from the game. In Phoenix's explanation in the anime, he leaves out the fact that Larry head a gunshot after returning his boat while listening to the radio. This is how he deduces that Hammond was shot at that point.

Instead, he bases his theory on the fact that Larry heard the first gunshot, and makes the leap the the old man did it.

Ah I got the order of events wrong, I thought it took place earlier in the case.

Oops.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

The episode misdirected me because von Karma went to the police station to take out the DL-6 case file. I assumed they would get into the confrontation there (although significant other developments did not occur yet).
I guess next episode he'll go back to take the evidence.

i may not know much

Might be the best episode of the series, thus far.

Gardevoir lover

CaptainCanti wrote:
Might be the best episode of the series, thus far.

^ Yeah this pretty much.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Programmer

MBr wrote:
I think for the first time the wind was done right. I think it's funny that von Karma could knock down Larry with his snaps. Why does he need a stun gun again?

The wind powers only work while court is in session.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Dragongirl

RoyalTanki wrote:
This is a general discussion thread for the tenth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Turnabout Goodbyes - 3rd Trial".

This saga of the episodes are getting better and better already...And thanks to Larry coming to the rescue until the next trial...
My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D

ASCEND

I really enjoyed this episode. Honestly, I found Von Larma's blowing Larry back with his finger snaps kind of dumb, but Larry Butz's entrance was surprisingly epic.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Programmer

I find it sad that they cut the parts about him always preparing the "perfect" testimony. Those parts helped show a flaw in Karma's seemingly impenetrable armor.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Throughout these episodes of this case so far, I feel they left out a bit too much of VK's character, honestly. He just comes off as the generic lawful evil villain person who's all powerful somehow and is meant to be feared. It makes it that much harder to relate to Edgeworth's respect of the man.

I really look forward to Polly's testimony. It's the perfect place for VK's odd claims of coincidences and would definitely help build a better picture of how desperate he's become.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

ASCEND

When it comes to Polly's testimony, I just hope they include von Karma's "I made my ATM number 0001 because I'm number one!" lines. That's one of my favorites, for whatever reason.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

The cape is self-fluttering

lol @ Larry literally jumping onto the scene
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Beware of the Dog

I think it was very nice, and Polly also has got a very lovely voice, so I'm looking forward to her testimony. The Von Karma wind psychokinesis maybe was a little too much, but still funny to look at.
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo