Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Play Ace Attorney and other DS games on your Android device.Topic%20Title

Ever on the go but don't want to carry ten different portable devices with you? Do you want to play your DS games AND smartphone games on the same device? Well now you can! On the Google Play store, there's an excellent emulator called DraStic that plays nearly every single DS game at full speed!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... stic&hl=en

For DS games that primary use the touch screen, this app is basically perfect. The digital controls for the actual buttons aren't anything to sneeze at either. The other day I was testing 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors; Professor Layton and the Curious Village, and Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. They all ran at top speed with almost no problems! I highly recommend this emulator for anyone who wants to play DS games on their phone. And with the fan translation of GK2 just around the corner, I think this would be a perfect way to play it if you don't have a flashcard.

The price tag seems too high for you? Don't worry, I get ya. If you don't feel like paying, you can alternatively download the most current release of the full version via MediaFire absolutely free.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zm5l1 ... the.HH.apk

Enjoy!

Update: Link updated 3/15/2014 to newest version.

Last edited by TopHatProfessor1014 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Play Ace Attorney and other DS games on your Android devTopic%20Title

Sweet, I just got a Nexus 7, and the HD re-release hasn't come out yet. This is perfect.

Gettin' Old!

builderkid107 wrote:
Sweet, I just got a Nexus 7, and the HD re-release hasn't come out yet. This is perfect.

Nexus 7 five! *High Fives*

I might get it, typically I'm against pirating and stuff but the DS is becoming a relatively old library now anyway.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

A Seeker of Truth

Heck to the yes :phoenix: Am upgrading my phone soon; was slightly reluctant to go with an Android vs. an iPhone due to the lack of Ace Attorney/Ghost Trick/The World Ends With You-ness, but this makes that hesitation disappear completely. Now I'm looking forward to getting an android! :phoenix: Now the question is will I get an S4 or a Nexus 5? Decisions, decisions... :ron:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

GentlemanGamer wrote:
Heck to the yes :phoenix: Am upgrading my phone soon; was slightly reluctant to go with an Android vs. an iPhone due to the lack of Ace Attorney/Ghost Trick/The World Ends With You-ness, but this makes that hesitation disappear completely. Now I'm looking forward to getting an android! :phoenix: Now the question is will I get an S4 or a Nexus 5? Decisions, decisions... :ron:

Android is way better than iOS, IMO. There's just so much more you can do with it.

The emulator works very well, especially with the most recent version. If you're using the pirated download that I posted, you'll have to check back for the latest version since you can't buy pirated apps. I'd buy it officially, but I don't have any Google Play funds.

Can't help you with that. I have an LG Optimus L9, the cheapest Android phone available at the time. It has low storage, but decent specs and I rooted it to use the SD card. But for $240, you could do worse. Wish I could afford an S4 or Nexus 5.

I got an emulator like a week ago and I have the entire AA series (besides GK2 and DD of course) on my iPhone, along with Hotel Dusk, Last Window, and 999 because people have said that those games are similar to AA

I beat the first case of Trials and Tribulations so far but I'm thinking about stopping for the HD rerelease. I don't really want to replay the cases so soon again

A Seeker of Truth

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
GentlemanGamer wrote:

Android is way better than iOS, IMO. There's just so much more you can do with it.

The emulator works very well, especially with the most recent version. If you're using the pirated download that I posted, you'll have to check back for the latest version since you can't buy pirated apps. I'd buy it officially, but I don't have any Google Play funds.

Can't help you with that. I have an LG Optimus L9, the cheapest Android phone available at the time. It has low storage, but decent specs and I rooted it to use the SD card. But for $240, you could do worse. Wish I could afford an S4 or Nexus 5.

From the fact you can LEGALLY put emulators on your phone, I need no further convincing that this will be a better investment then the iPhone :phoenix: The sheer number of games that one can play with this is absolutely staggering, and there's no doubt in my mind that my phone could be used just as much or more then any gaming console with all that potential :phoenix: And that's without even getting into the customizations that you can apparently do... man, I'm getting pumped for this :phoenix:

I am sorely tempted to get the pirated version of the app, but I'll probably just purchase it; it's only $6.50, and for the amount of use I'll get out of it, I doubt I'll regret it :trucy: In any case, it would be MAJORLY annoying if I came across some bug while I'm playing that couldn't be fixed because I couldn't update the app, so this will both support the creators and prevent that future frusturation, essentially killing two birds with one stone :will:

Well, your phone doesn't sound all that bad to me :jake: The only reason I can afford either of these phones is that I'm renewing my phone contract with Rogers, so they're letting me upgrade my phone to one of those two for free with a 2 year contract. If it wasn't for that, there'd be no way I could currently afford either phone :sadshoe:

JesusMonroe wrote:
I got an emulator like a week ago and I have the entire AA series (besides GK2 and DD of course) on my iPhone, along with Hotel Dusk, Last Window, and 999 because people have said that those games are similar to AA

I beat the first case of Trials and Tribulations so far but I'm thinking about stopping for the HD rerelease. I don't really want to replay the cases so soon again

I can see your point in waiting for the HD rerelease, but speaking as someone who played the HD rerelease on the iPhone 4 recently, I'd almost say it's not worth the wait. I personally found the HD sprites good but not superb when compared to the originals; something about them felt... stilted, part of it having to do with the choppy animations. As for the soundtracks, aside from AA1, the music had reverted to their GBA soundtracks and felt lacking to the DS releases. In conclusion, I felt it was a decent effort and the ability to start from wherever you wanted in a case at any time was nice, but for my money the DS games are still the better versions :ron: That said, I'd still support it if you have the money, if only to support the series and experience it for yourself. But hey... just my opinion; you may like the HD version better, so take my opinion with a grain of salt :trucy:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Quote:
From the fact you can LEGALLY put emulators on your phone, I need no further convincing that this will be a better investment then the iPhone :phoenix: The sheer number of games that one can play with this is absolutely staggering, and there's no doubt in my mind that my phone could be used just as much or more then any gaming console with all that potential :phoenix: And that's without even getting into the customizations that you can apparently do... man, I'm getting pumped for this :phoenix:

I am sorely tempted to get the pirated version of the app, but I'll probably just purchase it; it's only $6.50, and for the amount of use I'll get out of it, I doubt I'll regret it :trucy: In any case, it would be MAJORLY annoying if I came across some bug while I'm playing that couldn't be fixed because I couldn't update the app, so this will both support the creators and prevent that future frusturation, essentially killing two birds with one stone :will:

Well, your phone doesn't sound all that bad to me :jake: The only reason I can afford either of these phones is that I'm renewing my phone contract with Rogers, so they're letting me upgrade my phone to one of those two for free with a 2 year contract. If it wasn't for that, there'd be no way I could currently afford either phone :sadshoe:

JesusMonroe wrote:

Technically, emulators are legal themselves, but not ROMs. Frankly though, these are for old systems with games that have already been bought and sold. If they're no longer being produced, the company can't make any more money. Used games generate little to no revenue to companies. I could go into way more detail, but I'm already writing a pro-piracy article for the site that I work for. Either way though, emulate away!

This may sound contradictory to what I just said, but yes I would recommend buying the app if you have the money. I only pirate it because I don't currently have any. But look at what I just did. I posted a link to the pirated version, and it inspired someone to buy it officially. Basically, I just helped that developer through piracy. Isn't it wonderful? :godot:

You're lucky then. I'm with T-Mobile and they don't do 2 year contracts anymore. So I had to get the phone full price. :tigre:

Quote:
I can see your point in waiting for the HD rerelease, but speaking as someone who played the HD rerelease on the iPhone 4 recently, I'd almost say it's not worth the wait. I personally found the HD sprites good but not superb when compared to the originals; something about them felt... stilted, part of it having to do with the choppy animations. As for the soundtracks, aside from AA1, the music had reverted to their GBA soundtracks and felt lacking to the DS releases. In conclusion, I felt it was a decent effort and the ability to start from wherever you wanted in a case at any time was nice, but for my money the DS games are still the better versions :ron: That said, I'd still support it if you have the money, if only to support the series and experience it for yourself. But hey... just my opinion; you may like the HD version better, so take my opinion with a grain of salt :trucy:

Yeah, those are by far the worst ports of the series. Even worse than the blown up WiiWare ports. I can't believe that there's actually LAG in a visual novel. The music is of the lowest quality like you said. The original Ace Attorney iOS game didn't even have these problems. It was really well done actually. I only bought the HD collection though because it was on sale for $4. Wouldn't pay full price ever. Oh, and if the 3DS collection ever comes here, I'll definitely get it.

Quote:

JesusMonroe wrote:

Technically, emulators are legal themselves, but not ROMs. Frankly though, these are for old systems with games that have already been bought and sold. If they're no longer being produced, the company can't make any more money. Used games generate little to no revenue to companies. I could go into way more detail, but I'm already writing a pro-piracy article for the site that I work for. Either way though, emulate away!

This may sound contradictory to what I just said, but yes I would recommend buying the app if you have the money. I only pirate it because I don't currently have any. But look at what I just did. I posted a link to the pirated version, and it inspired someone to buy it officially. Basically, I just helped that developer through piracy. Isn't it wonderful? :godot:

You're lucky then. I'm with T-Mobile and they don't do 2 year contracts anymore. So I had to get the phone full price. :tigre:

Quote:

Yeah, those are by far the worst ports of the series. Even worse than the blown up WiiWare ports. I can't believe that there's actually LAG in a visual novel. The music is of the lowest quality like you said. The original Ace Attorney iOS game didn't even have these problems. It was really well done actually. I only bought the HD collection though because it was on sale for $4. Wouldn't pay full price ever. Oh, and if the 3DS collection ever comes here, I'll definitely get it.

I did. :acro:
But I just traded 10 tf2 keys for a 25 dollar iTunes gift card and I still have 5 dollars left.

A Seeker of Truth

I agree :trucy: I mean, if one's not supporting the industry AT ALL and ONLY acquiring games and the like through emulators, then I don't think it's quite right; it's not illegal, but it's not really good for the industry :ron: However, if one buys games to support the developers ANYWAYS and uses emulators to either play games they otherwise couldn't (such as the AAI2 fan translation :phoenix: ) or replay titles on a more convenient medium, I don't really see that there should be any problem with it. I mean like you said, used games don't really garner too much profit anyways, so it's not killing the industry or anything dramatic like that to emulate; anyone who says otherwise is probably just looking for an argument, in my opinion :jake:

That it is :trucy: I definitely wouldn't have found about it otherwise, or at least not for some time; I had an android phone ages ago, but the specs weren't GREAT and the only existing DS emulator was crappy at best, so I wouldn't have bothered checking for one again in any hurry :ron: Thanks; I look forward to my upcoming mobile emulation! :trucy:

That sucks pal :sadshoe: I mean, while to some degree it CAN be okay to pay full price for a phone itself if the phone bill itself is cheaper, paying that much money at once for something that's not necessairly top the line still would feel a bit painful I imagine :ron:

Quote:

builderkid107 wrote:
Quote:

JesusMonroe wrote:

Quote:

Ditto. :trucy: My reason for buying a 3DS version is twofold: one, they're likely to have done a better job on this port then the IOS version; two, I want to continuing supporting the series however I can. I mean, Capcom hasn't localized a game in the past because they felt like (quite incorrectly I might add) the game didn't have enough of an audience in the west, so I don't want to give them any more reason to stop making it officially available :ron:

Quote:
I did. :acro:
But I just traded 10 tf2 keys for a 25 dollar iTunes gift card and I still have 5 dollars left.

Hahahaha... I did too, pal :phoenix: Wasn't a bad purchase- it gave me my AA fix when I left my 3DS behind accidently on a trip a couple of times- and it does support the series, but isn't my favorite way of playing the games :eh?:

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I know this is a semi-old thread, but I just wanted to mention this.

As we all know the GK2 complete translation has just come out. When I was playing the beta during my AA marathon last fall, I found it a bit unenjoyable to have to play it on my PC, sitting in a chair, as I usually play visual novel/DS adventure games in bed before I go to sleep like if I was reading a book. I didn't want to risk using a flash cart on my 3DSXL, so I was stuck with the PC. Last winter I got an android tablet and thought it would be great for running GK2. Unfortunately all of the free ds emulators for android ran the game at like 10% speed - totally unplayable. Today I tried the free demo for this emulator that TopHatProfessor linked to, and I'm thrilled to say that GK2 runs seemingly flawlessly. I only tried it for about 30 minutes, but I'm definitely going to be purchasing the full version for my next GK2 playthrough.

NOTES:
1. My tablet has 1 Gig of RAM, an Nvidia Tegra 3 graphics card, and it runs android 4.2.2. I have no idea where that ranks on the "power" scale, but considering it was a fairly cheap tablet I'd imagine this will run well with most android systems.
2. I tested out the Gk2 translation with the DEMO for the emulator, but I can't imagine the full version of the app would run it less well.
3. Obviously I don't support piracy, but considering emulators themselves are legal and the fact that GK2 isn't available to buy in the west, I don't have any problem with this. In fact, I feel like this solution would probably prevent piracy since you're not buying a flashcart that will replicate the experience on an actual DS.
4. As I said, I only played 30 minutes of GK2-1. There might be some game-breaking issue on the last case or something like that somewhere down the line, but I doubt it.

SHORT VERSION: This app is a great way to play the GK2 Translation in a portable, DS-like experience. I recommend any AA fans who have an android device and would like to play GK2 more naturally than in front of a computer screen purchase the app today. I look at it as me paying $5 for a full working portable version of GK2, which is well worth the price.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby