Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 5 of 42[ 1657 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 42  Next

Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title

I love your eyebrows Sir VK <3

gyakuten-neko wrote:
I think it's time for me to draw some Edgeowrth yaoi. This thread is inspiring.

Huzzah. All this text makes me go dizzy. XD More pictures! Debate through MS Paint doodles!

by *StudioKawaii on DeviantArt.

:edgy:

(/o3o)/ ♥ \(ovo\)

^ That picture still makes me droll slightly.

Ryshili wrote:
I've got my Matt/Miles doujin all scanned, however trying to get it translated. *Rolls around* Gonna hella share that later. :3

(Also got some Manfred/Gregory)

-whistles-

raging klavier crush

Dr. Mancusio wrote:
No it doesn't. It was Phoenix the person that Edgeworth befriended, was legitimately defended by, and assists/assisted. In fact, if you remove Phoenix from the game/scenario, then your arguments lose a whole lot of - if not all - content to work with.

But, um, Phoenix is a part of the game/scenario. He's the main character, and a huge part of Edgeworth's entire character arc. That's like saying that I claim that if you remove Kaminogi from the equation, you lose most of the evidence that Mia is straight. No, really?

Quote:
I never said that that 'something to prove' was the only reason, let alone the dominant; we all know he came to help Phoenix and Franziska; Phoenix to help him understand himself what he originally showed Edgeworth, and Franziska because she couldn't escape her father's shadow.

So what, exactly, are we arguing here? Originally, this was brought up because you were arguing musouka's point that he came back in order to reach out to others. You countered that maybe he just "had something to prove". Are you conceding now that the reason he came back was, indeed, to reach out to other people; that he only had "something to prove" in the capacity of it being to help the people close to him?

Quote:
Edgeworth would throw a murder trial any day now if the defendant were innocent, we know that. It's not a case of Phoenix being the defence - Wright shook Edgeworth from his black-and-white perspective of his work, that's all.

Wrong case. I'm referring to 2-4, where the defendant wasn't innocent, and an innocent was about to be convicted of murder in his place. Edgeworth still threw it for him.

俺の黄金の魔女

Let me try to sum up.

Can I prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Edgeworth is gay? No, I can't. The series just doesn't give us enough information. Hell, I can prove Phoenix likes girls and isn't attracted to Gumshoe or Max, but I can't "prove" him straight either.

It's about assumptions. I go by what has the most evidence and makes the most sense to me personally. And, in this situation, due to the depth of his emotion towards Phoenix (a man) and his utter lack of reaction towards woman says to me "lol gay". If it was just one--a lack of strong emotional reaction to ANYONE, or he obviously likes women but is also obsessed with Phoenix, then I would have judged him differently.

It's the sum of a lot of small things. I'm not saying "oh he doesn't pant over women = gaaaaaay" or "oh he wants Phoenix's ass = gaaaaaaay". And either way, yeah, it's a silly debate that has absolutely no impact on the games, but I *like* discussing stuff like this.

The fact that I think he's gay shouldn't have any impact on anyone that wants to pair him up with a woman or thinks he isn't.

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

FANGIRLS!! ALL OF YOU!

<3

Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

Y E S! Y E S! Y E S!

Very interesting stuff. I'd like to throw my opinion in here, and maybe, spark some new stuff up for discussion. This is definitely a topic I've had a slight longing to discuss, somehow. We've all been there, we watch a movie, read a book, and so on, so forth... and somewhere, we start thinking, "Man, I'm sure there's something between those two."

I'm guilty of that myself, with both men and women. I'm a straight guy, personally, but that is by choice. It's not like I haven't considered, or even experimented, with the same sex on a simple level. Quite simply, at this point in time, I think that such a lifestyle isn't suited to me. Men are very different to women, no duh, but I guess the relationship aspect of things has always put me off. Not to mention, the carnal act that comes with it has put the willies up me. No pun intended, I 'spose.

I've kissed guys, when drunk, and I'm not talking a peck on the cheek, here. You sort of come to a conclusion, at some point, that you either think that it is for you, or it isn't. With the experiences I've had in life, I've made the choice to date the opposite sex simply out of simplicity, and whatever the "norm" is. I think love, or feelings for someone else, can be so powerful that despite sex, age or race, you can have a connection with somebody that is so strong, you'll begin to depend on them, admire them, and eventually develop emotional, sometimes sexual, longing for them.

As far as I go with the same sex, I respect men, and admire them, if they have a certain quality. I read a lot of shounen and sport manga, in which the guys are usually three hundred pound of muscle, and incredibly strong, both in mind and body. Growing up, I always admired these sort of heroes, as they had a beauty about them. It sounds odd, saying beauty, but there you go... perhaps it was the beauty of being pure, or defending the innocent, having a clean heart, and a solid mind. When I saw heroes like Kenshiro of 'Hokuto no Ken' as a young boy, I thought, "Wow, what a manly guy!" - You can have an almost romantic interest, infatuation even... in another man, but, often, not in the sense of "I'd like to jump his bones!"

As far as pairings and so forth, I'm quite open. I think the desire to see two of your favourite characters in a romantic tussle, or a passionate carnal act is a very sexual desire. Yes, I call it a desire, because it drifts into the realm of fantasy. There's no real evidence to suggest Phoenix and Miles would get into a relationship, but we still desire to see this. Even part of myself, having played the games also, would see it as a direct possibility. They have a bond, a spiritual connection between eachother, as men, that has stemmed from childhood. They greatly respect eachother, deep down, and admire the other's abilities and strengths. Although, on the surface, they may bicker and argue sometimes, this isn't the truth that lies within their hearts, is it? - The evidence is firmly there, that they've known eachother since childhood, and greatly admire and respect eachother to the same degree. Isn't this what one could call romance? The romance of a man?

I've gone on quite enough, but, the same could be said for others. Detective Gumshoe has a great admiration for Miles that is quite unusual, also. I'm not a big fan of pairings, simply because of how some people can be screaming ninnies about such things. Fangirls, of course, I'm making reference to!

Although the evidence might not be concrete, anyone is entitled to their own opinions, and also, their own fantasy pairings. Having to explain them to people can be difficult, because, it is often hard to explain something we have a personal interest in, and also, to relay it from the way we see it in our own mind.

Whatever else is said, one thing can't be denied, and that is that the love between two men is often a matter of respect and admiration. There's no real shame in it, honestly. It's not my way, personally, but I do understand, entirely. We've all been there, at some point in our lives, haven't we?

Yaoi Queen

HOLY FFFFFF--OOOOOOOOOOO!!! THANK YOU MORI!! YOU AND THIS THREAD HAS FUELED ME BACK WITH FANGIRLISM!!!!

I MUST SPAM THIS THREAD WITH FANARTS!!!

Is a little Spiked Coffee fine for you guys x3?? I have no knowledge or any evidence in the game to support the pairing but damnit, they are damn sexy together.

Fresh off the tablet!

Am I your wild-type?

^
Oh no, my good friend... Thank YOU~.
Lovely fanart!!! *saves*
...Kitties! lol. *snort* That one was awesome, too~.

Lemme see what I can do on my tablet... *looks around* *dashes away for a minute* ;D

Pssh. If I could post my Spiked coffee doujin, then your fanarts are ok here, too. Go for it! =P

「エメラルドスプラッシュ」

Damn, this thread is awesome! I believe I shall being having a little Naru/Mitsu fun in my next sprite edit... :redd: I really love all the doujin/fanart we're bringing around!

HAHA. XD Phoenix smelling Edgeworth's coat. That's genius.

This thread is amazing. XD It goes from heated debating to random fanart/doujin and then back again. [It's a never-ending cycle~ XD]

Man. I really wish I had a tablet now. ...Or a scanner. D:

But hell, this is a great topic. :D

spr fckn srs peepz

Tajiri Ami wrote:
...Well, I could see him being gay, but of course that's probably a subject Capcom will never touch... And they'll just keep leaving ambiguous hints forever.

If you leave it up to Capcom, he's not gay and never will be.

See the man in my avatar? He was gay before modern Capcom retconned it.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Y E S! Y E S! Y E S!

Attorney Hatman wrote:
Tajiri Ami wrote:
...Well, I could see him being gay, but of course that's probably a subject Capcom will never touch... And they'll just keep leaving ambiguous hints forever.

If you leave it up to Capcom, he's not gay and never will be.

See the man in my avatar? He was gay before modern Capcom retconned it.

... I thought that was "Based on Freddie Mercury" Eagle, from Street-Fighter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_(Street_Fighter)

And for further reference:

http://gaygamer.net/2006/07/top_20_gayest_video_game_chara_6.html

Everybody is gay for Bridget.

Desert rose, why do you live alone?

God, I hate Bridget.

俺の黄金の魔女

clickmon wrote:
Is a little Spiked Coffee fine for you guys x3?? I have no knowledge or any evidence in the game to support the pairing but damnit, they are damn sexy together.

As I said, as long as it's male/male and not obvious trolling, anything goes. Post anything and everything you enjoy. <3

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

LOVE the fanarts :3 Make me smile and grin ect ^__^ (Especially the Godot Phoenix and Miles one!)

Hey, pal!

Wow. I never realized Edgeworth was so... Kinky:

Happiness Punch! wrote:
A rather funny moment in 2-4, copypastad from the JFA quotes thread:
At court, questioning about how Adrian got the costume, choosing the wrong alternative (It was stolen):
:phoenix: :I think it may have been stolen from Mr. Engarde.
:judge: : S-stolen?! But why would someone do such a thing?
:phoenix: : Maybe the thief wanted to interfere with the post-ceremony stage show.
:judge: : Hmm...
:object: : And so, if he didn't have his costume, then Mr. Engarde would be forced to go naked!
:objection:
:edgeworth: Maybe YOU should be stripped naked and run out for making a mockery of this court!
:ack:

...Evil Edgey.

We all know what he really wanted :damon:
Siggy by Vickinator. Who is amazing

俺の黄金の魔女

All right. So far, we have, represented here, fans of:

Phoenix/Edgeworth
Gumshoe/Edgeworth (somewhere, right? I know we have fans on the board at least)
Matt/Edgeworth
Matt/Matt
Godot/Phoenix

...Dee/Morgan and Kyouya/Fran. :sal:

Any other particular m/m pairings you guys like? I actually like that fanon "Kaminogi annoying the shit out of young-Edgeworth" dynamic you get occasionally in fanart and doujinshi, even though there's no real canon basis for it and I don't want them in a relationship. Greg/Manfred cracks me up--I wouldn't say I ship it in the slightest, but I have to have grudging love for a couple when one of their doumei link pictures involves one shooting the other. XD

Am I your wild-type?

None that I know of.. My only OTP's are the ones already mentioned. Lana/Mia was kinda nice, too.. but since this is a yaoi thread~. =P

Although.. I'm pretty intrigued by Kyouya/Odoroki. But only intrigued. Especially from what fanarts I saw. Maybe when I actually play the game, that might change. Or reinforce it more. Either one...

Then again, I'm a Prosecutor/Defense pairing-fan. XD

俺の黄金の魔女

I was kinda bummed. Odoroki pinged 100% het to me, and, aside from a few cute moments here and there, he and Kyouya didn't have much in the way of chemistry.

(That doesn't stop me from collecting fanart, though. >_> )

^ Aww seriously? Damn that sucks...

Gimme a hollar for random chat anytime (PMs booshtard. 8D)

Yaoi Queen

GANTFRED!!!!!

Damnit, I lost the picture I drew in Oekaki Chat of Manfred just giving Gant a... errr... yeah.

Croik made me love the pairing ;3

clickmon wrote:
GANTFRED!!!!!

Damnit, I lost the picture I drew in Oekaki Chat of Manfred just giving Gant a... errr... yeah.

Croik made me love the pairing ;3

My MUCH darker side liked the way that scentence was going! X3

Hey all! I've been lurking on this thread for a while, and just wanted to thank musouka for creating such an awesome topic. As soon as I saw the title I started busting up.
As a fellow :edgeworth: + :phoenix: fan, I thought I should join and share a fic I wrote a little while ago. It takes place during a later time in 2-4.
Here's a link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3615089/1/Frail_Attorney

And thank you to all the people that have posted doujins and fan-art. Those are absolutely adorable. :edgy: If I can draw anything decent, I might share that as well..
And as for any debates going on, I think I'll stay quiet for now. But I will surely join in if I feel there's anything that needs to be said.
Well, that's all for now..carry on! :hobohodo:

Colour monkey supreme

I'm ever so slightly inclined towards :hobohodo: + :odoroki: ....

:odo-objection: I OBJECT! THAT WAS PURELY CONJECTURE! THAT CAN'T POSSIBLY HAPPEN! YOU CAN'T MAKE IT HAPPEN!!
:minuki: Ahhhhh!!! I-I'm gonna have another daddy?!?
:edgeworth: NuooooOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHoo~!

Behold the power of an imaginative fan... One of many....

^ Don't forget her new daddy would also be
Spoiler: GS4
Her brother. o.O Scaring or what?

raging klavier crush

musouka wrote:
Kyouya/Fran. :sal:

...which is YOUR fault, so I don't want to hear you giving me stuff, missy. :P
Quote:
Any other particular m/m pairings you guys like?

On a purely physical level, Godot/Edgeworth is made of scathing hot, and the idea of him harrassing Miles is very funny, but to be serious there's not nearly enough interaction, not to mention I like both of them too much with other people, to do much other than collect pretty pictures.

Let's see. Daian-->Kyouya is kind of fun. Poor, poor Daian.

I think that's pretty much it on my end, actually. I'm boooooring.

俺の黄金の魔女

Unorthodox, please no GS4 spoilers. Remember, we're not in the prosecution lobby and I believe Croik is still trying to keep a lid on them.

Raelle wrote:
...which is YOUR fault, so I don't want to hear you giving me stuff, missy. :P

Hey, I count myself as one of the fans! :p

Quote:
Let's see. Daian-->Kyouya is kind of fun. Poor, poor Daian.

Oh yes. Kyouya is like a delicious sauce that goes well with anything. Except Odoroki. XD

Colour monkey supreme

musouka wrote:
Oh yes. Kyouya is like a delicious sauce that goes well with anything. Except Odoroki. XD

Just curious, why not :yogi: XD?

Mmm speaking of food...... I could go for some cucumbers with peanut butter sauce right now [Indonesian appetizer].. .. don't mind me... I'm hungry :larry: .

俺の黄金の魔女

Also, I asked her permission to pimp this pic, so here's some fanart by FemmeTurk on deviantart:

俺の黄金の魔女

axl99 wrote:
Just curious, why not :yogi: XD?

Non-spoilery. Well, for me personally, they came across as good coworkers that eventually came to an understanding over the course of the game. There was never anything specifically that pinged me as romantic between them--though Kyouya does seem to enjoy teasing Odoroki a lot--and, again, Odoroki just came across as completely straight to me. I think under the right circumstances they could be an interesting couple, but it remains to see where the rest of the series will take them.

Whereas P/E exploded right out of the gate in the very first game, for these two to honestly be viable--aside from the "lol hawt" aspect--I think something will have to change between them throughout the course of Odoroki's series. I'm not writing them off entirely just yet, just going by what I've seen so far.

This topic needs a video. Some of you might have seen this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCnt_sGVKzc&NR=1 :gant:

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

AWESOME PICTURE *drools*

Sorry musouka. ^^;

YAY more pics! O.o The vid is... lol!

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

I wanna see some Gumshoe/Edgeworth art...

俺の黄金の魔女

Jibo wrote:
I wanna see some Gumshoe/Edgeworth art...

Toufu-ya has quite a bit of cute art for those two. Just click the link to the right marked "倉庫" and it'll take you to the gallery.

俺の黄金の魔女

I love these two pages so much. <3

ADRIAN VS EDGEWORTH.

GAY-OFF.

GOGOGOGO.

raging klavier crush

Oh, man, those scans are awwwwwwwwesome. I love you, Balgus REC. ;_;