Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 6 of 23[ 919 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next

Re: Headcanon for the series?Topic%20Title

Cause of death is being dummy

I haven't played PLvsAA yet either, but I thought Labrynthia was basically a completely separate universe...? So Layton and Wright wouldn't have had to come from the same source times.
I also don't remember cell phones being referenced at all in PL. My brother insists there was a puzzle that talked about texting, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything... because other than that, none of the characters seem to, say, own or use a cell phone.

I have a small headcanon about Matt Engarde.

Spoiler: 2-4 SPOILERS
Engarde has a personality disorder. So, whenever you are talking to Engarde and he starts speaking on that small phone on his wrist, he isn't really talking to anyone but answering his evil, inner self. Something like...
:mattphone:: Should I tell him about that...?
:psycho-matt:: No, let him be. He will manage to give us a not-guilty verdict and then we'll deal with De Killer.
:mattphone:: But wouldn't it be easier if he knew everything? He can't deny a not-guilty verdict, after all...
:psycho-matt:: No, you idiot. It'll be easier if he doesn't know anything. Just don't say a word.
:mattphone:: Alright then...
:matt:: I'm sorry, Mr. Wright, but my manager doesn't want me to talk about that, you know.

And, as a small detail, he can't help but masturbate thinking of his other self ;3

The only person I will never find it in my heart to forgive... is myself.

[Whip the cream!]

Haha, I love the last bit in small print. :edgey:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Engarde scratches his face at the end of 2-4, but he already had scratches on his face. I think he was guilty of something before, but it was very petty? Stealing cookies from the cookie jar? Knocking a vase over?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Getting scratched by Shoe for forgetting to feed him?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The video game boy; the one who wins

Quote:
Engarde scratches his face at the end of 2-4, but he already had scratches on his face. I think he was guilty of something before, but it was very petty? Stealing cookies from the cookie jar? Knocking a vase over?

Hahaha, aww...

-Matt, tell me the truth! Did you or did you not take the last cookie before dinner?!
-Ok, ok dad I'm GUIIIILTYYYYYY
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

I always assumed he got them in a catfight. Like, not a literal catfight with a cat. Like... he was having a nails-out slappy fight with Juan Corrida.

...I'm not sure why I always assumed that.

Kinky...

My headcanon is that Daryan and Klavier used toget together and play Guitar hero and similar games on their days off.

GoingforMiles wrote:
Kinky...

My headcanon is that Daryan and Klavier used toget together and play Guitar hero and similar games on their days off.

I'm so sure there's a version of Guitar Hero out by then that features Gavinners songs.

Ohh! Of course! And a Singstar. Klavier would totally sing along to himself.

[Whip the cream!]

And Apollo would win over him, chords of steel and all. Not because he sang better, but because both microphones only picked up the voice of Apollo.

:)

And it inspires Klavier to become a better singer!

And if he gets any less points than "singstar" he'll go on a rampage and throw the mike into the tv.

Yes, but what about DDR/some DDR ripoff? How would that go?

Probably more laid-back. But he's probably supreme at that as well. And if Apollo would be present for whatever reason Klavi would force him to do it, Apollo would reluctantly agree and then master it.

Personally, I think Trucy is a secret DDR champion.

No one was aware of this until someone (read: Klavier) challenged her to a dance-off. (Or whatever they call DDR competitions.)

Aww of course, but secret? I like to think of her as that kind of person who dances her way through life.

(And, unrelated: Apollo's got a treasure trail and he's damn proud of it)

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
I haven't played PLvsAA yet either, but I thought Labrynthia was basically a completely separate universe...? So Layton and Wright wouldn't have had to come from the same source times.
I also don't remember cell phones being referenced at all in PL. My brother insists there was a puzzle that talked about texting, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything... because other than that, none of the characters seem to, say, own or use a cell phone.

The texting puzzle was what I was talking about, and if I'm not mistaken there have been other puzzles that reference modern things.

Regarding Labrynthia, I'm not sure if it is a seperate universe or not as I'm avoiding all spoilers, but yeah its possible that they could come from different times. Right now I've just made the decision to place them together and explain the different looks as cultural differences.
Spoiler: Dual Destinies Spoilers
Also, that enables Layton to be the European who Wright visited a lot as mentioned in 5-2. I'm guessing the original intention was to foreshadow Edgeworth but I feel like Edgeworth was probably in the US at that point.

So, yeah, it could go either way depending on what the real PLvsAA story is. I just prefer the "same time" theory because it allows for more possible connectivity of the universes. I'll change my stance depending on what actually happens in the game.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Aww of course, but secret? I like to think of her as that kind of person who dances her way through life.

(And, unrelated: Apollo's got a treasure trail and he's damn proud of it)

Awww... :will:

You know, a Mario game!

Here's a few of mine:

Matt Engarde has split personality disorder. Before his "reveal", he says something along the lines of "It's time for you to meet..... him." It would also explain why the Magatama didn't go off at first, when he said that he didn't do it. The Matt Engarde you meet at first and the evil Matt Engarde are two separate personalities existing within the same body.

When a person's spirit is being channeled by a spirit medium, the more powerful the spirit is, the more the medium's appearance changes to match them. This would explain why Maya's appearance changes more when she's channeling Dahlia than when she's channeling Mia. Dahlia is a more powerful spirit.

There are 2 alternate universes that the games take place in. One in which GS2, GS3, and the GK series follow the events of GS1, and one in which 1-5, GS4, and GS5 follow it. It would explain many things, such as why the continuity is so severely destroyed in 1-5 compared to what we see in GS2, GS3, and the GK series. In the continuity in which GS4 and GS5 take place, GS2 and GS3, along with the entire GK series never happened, and vice versa! It would explain why hardly anyone other than Pearl and Hickfield that debuted in GS2 and GS3 appear in GS4 and GS5. It would also explain why Edgeworth already seems to be his truth searching self in 1-5; it's in a separate continuity.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
When a person's spirit is being channeled by a spirit medium, the more powerful the spirit is, the more the medium's appearance changes to match them. This would explain why Maya's appearance changes more when she's channeling Dahlia than when she's channeling Mia. Dahlia is a more powerful spirit.

Actually, Maya's appearance doesn't change any more or less. In both cases, the only indicators that Maya is, in fact, channeling is that it's still Maya's hair (color and style) and clothes - although neither hair style nor clothes apply to Dahlia because she changed both of them. If Mia changed her hair and clothes too, she'd also look nothing like Maya, apart from sibling resemblance.
Proofs:
Default Maya:
Image Note body type.
Mia:
Image Image Again, note body type and face shape. Mia looks different from Maya.
Dahlia:
Image Image
Her appearance departs from Maya's just as much as Mia's does. It's just more noticeable.

dimentiorules wrote:
Here's a few of mine:

Matt Engarde has split personality disorder. Before his "reveal", he says something along the lines of "It's time for you to meet..... him." It would also explain why the Magatama didn't go off at first, when he said that he didn't do it. The Matt Engarde you meet at first and the evil Matt Engarde are two separate personalities existing within the same body

No, it's because Matt said he didn't kill anyone and he was telling the truth; De Killer did

The Psyche-Locks are pretty inconsistent anyway

Y'know

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

Actually, Maya's appearance doesn't change any more or less. In both cases, the only indicators that Maya is, in fact, channeling is that it's still Maya's hair (color and style) and clothes - although neither hair style nor clothes apply to Dahlia because she changed both of them. If Mia changed her hair and clothes too, she'd also look nothing like Maya, apart from sibling resemblance.
-Images-
Her appearance departs from Maya's just as much as Mia's does. It's just more noticeable.

Actually, this directly contradicts what I noted in the "Obvious thing you didn't notice" thread.

Nearavex wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

-Images-

Actually, this directly contradicts what I noted in the "Obvious thing you didn't notice" thread.

Yeah, about your post there...
Maya and Mia have a lot of similar expressions to begin with. Compare Mia's living sprites with her channelled-by-Maya ones.
And a lot of Mia's channelled-by-Pearl actions are different because she always keeps her arms crossed across her chest. Probably because Pearl's outfit is so small on her...

Y'know

dimentiorules wrote:
Matt Engarde has split personality disorder. Before his "reveal", he says something along the lines of "It's time for you to meet..... him." It would also explain why the Magatama didn't go off at first, when he said that he didn't do it. The Matt Engarde you meet at first and the evil Matt Engarde are two separate personalities existing within the same body..

I really think he's just an actor, dude. I mean, don't you think that his lines during other reveals for example, the one in the lobby sound like he was just teasing Phoenix?

Last edited by Nearavex on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

You know, a Mario game!

Wow, when I posted that, I thought that everyone was going to be talking about my third headcanon I posted there. I was almost 100% certain that would be the topic of conversation. I never would have guessed that people are focusing on my first 2 head canons, rather than the most interesting one.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Y'know

Well, mostly because most people don't even take that one into consideration... =P

The cape is self-fluttering

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

Proofs:
Default Maya:
Image Note body type.
Mia:
Image Image Again, note body type and face shape. Mia looks different from Maya.
Dahlia:
Image Image

Honestly, I think dimentio is onto something... and that another factor is at play here. Even if body type and hair color were similar, other people would catch on to the differences between Iris and channeled!Dahlia, especially in the facial area. Sister Bikini, who practically raised Iris, and Phoenix, who spent six months "dating" Iris, would have known something was up right away.

In addition, there was another instance where Dahlia was channeled by a medium of different body type and was still mistaken as her sister Iris.
Spoiler:
It was during the night of the "special course" when Iris was supposed to be assisting Maya at the training hall. Sister Bikini swore up and down that she saw Iris there, yet Iris had been back in her room at the temple the whole time. In other words, it was Dahlia at the training hall. Only one spirit medium was channeling Dahlia that night... Misty Fey. Yet nothing about her appearance seemed odd to Bikini, not face, body type or even height.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Sierra Mikain wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

Proofs:
Default Maya:
Image Note body type.
Mia:
Dahlia:
Image Image

Honestly, I think dimentio is onto something... and that another factor is at play here. Even if body type and hair color were similar, other people would catch on to the differences between Iris and channeled!Dahlia, especially in the facial area. Sister Bikini, who practically raised Iris, and Phoenix, who spent six months "dating" Iris, would have known something was up right away.

In addition, there was another instance where Dahlia was channeled by a medium of different body type and was still mistaken as her sister Iris.
Spoiler:
It was during the night of the "special course" when Iris was supposed to be assisting Maya at the training hall. Sister Bikini swore up and down that she saw Iris there, yet Iris had been back in her room at the temple the whole time. In other words, it was Dahlia at the training hall. Only one spirit medium was channeling Dahlia that night... Misty Fey. Yet nothing about her appearance seemed odd to Bikini, not face, body type or even height.

Well, yes. That proves that even things like height change to match the spirit channeled. But since dimentio was talking about a comparison of Dahlia and Mia,
Spoiler:
I'm not sure that Misty channelling Dahlia would be relevant since we never see Misty channel Mia. Additionally, if you take dimentio's theory as truth, you could also argue that it's the strength of the medium that matters here, not the spirit. It could go either way, no?

I've felt worse.

dimentiorules wrote:
There are 2 alternate universes that the games take place in. One in which GS2, GS3, and the GK series follow the events of GS1, and one in which 1-5, GS4, and GS5 follow it. It would explain many things, such as why the continuity is so severely destroyed in 1-5 compared to what we see in GS2, GS3, and the GK series. In the continuity in which GS4 and GS5 take place, GS2 and GS3, along with the entire GK series never happened, and vice versa! It would explain why hardly anyone other than Pearl and Hickfield that debuted in GS2 and GS3 appear in GS4 and GS5. It would also explain why Edgeworth already seems to be his truth searching self in 1-5; it's in a separate continuity.

Uh, no. GK would also have to be in an alternate universe, considering in I-4 Edgeworth was searching for the truth before his first case as a prosecutor.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

Uh, no. GK would also have to be in an alternate universe, considering in I-4 Edgeworth was searching for the truth before his first case as a prosecutor.

Would that even count, considering he wasn't searching for the truth in court?

Y'know

Sierra Mikain wrote:

Spoiler:

And I myself honestly think Dahlia's appearance being identical to Iris's instead of blending in appearance with Maya or Misty during the channeling just like Mia does with Maya or Pearls is literally just plot device. A good one, but I don't think there's a whole lot of a reason to think that much into it.

Also, body and face shape is always that of a channeled spirit - it's the hair, clothes, skin, eyes and some other facial features that stay.

The biggest contradiction in Dahlia's channeling are the eyes - those are a bit too different from Maya's for a regular channeling, but like I said - it's a plot device - no reason to think that much into it. :yogi:

I think further research and future channelings are required! :-P
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Sierra Mikain wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

Proofs:
Default Maya:
Image Note body type.
Mia:
Dahlia:
Image Image

But they have different chest sizes. It's obvious Maya's the stronger power here.
What, don't look at me like that.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Iris and Dahlia have the same chest size. The parasol and Dahlia's hand block that part of her body.

...NAILED IT

Y'know

They really don't look the same to me. It even isn't about the parasol, it's the shading.

However, Iris's (and Dahlia's, when channeled, for that matter) chest size being bigger in Bridge to the Turnabout might be easily explained - their chests just increased in size for these 5 years.

Nope, same size. Although this is the only sprite where you can clearly see them...

Sierra Mikain wrote:
Iris and Dahlia have the same chest size. The parasol and Dahlia's hand block that part of her body.

But there's no emphasis on the other side! Okay, I know it's just a graphic technicality, but in this particular sprite, it's pretty hard to make it out. Whoever drew her front-facing sprites didn't add enough shape to it, but it looks just fine when she's being channeled. When she turns to the side, it's much more obvious.

Nearavex wrote:
They really don't look the same to me. It even isn't about the parasol, it's the shading.

However, Iris's (and Dahlia's, when channeled, for that matter) chest size being bigger in Bridge to the Turnabout might be easily explained - their chests just increased in size for these 5 years.

I'm pretty sure spirits don't age and so their appearances don't change. Let's just pretend Maya was able to keep her own shape.

This might be more of a "crack theory" but whatever

The characters can hear the music of the game. Apollo acknowledges it on at least one occasion

Y'know

Well, it technically is crack theory. The only time music is really acknowledged is when Klavier plays it or when it's phone's ringtone
Page 6 of 23 [ 919 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby