Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 8 of 60[ 2372 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 60  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

hmm... fair enough.

lol.

He's still stupid however. ;P

Gimme a hollar for random chat anytime (PMs booshtard. 8D)

Live life to the full

True, he noted that the receipt was dated the day before the murder but didn't think to see what it was FOR.

OBJECTION!

Bayfield wrote:
The shoot at Ini missed her and went through the screen, through the box (where unconcious!Maya was) and tore through her sleeve. Ini was wearing a different outfit which Morgan provided for her.

The bigger question is how the police had Maya's outfit (with bullet hole) for evidence when it was incinerated (hence why the "Key" evidence exists).

Anywho, here be my recent Case 4 cough-ups which I noticed in my latest playthrough. I'll try and scrutinize the case for more, I posted these in the original thread, and well aware the second shouldn't count, but the 1st and 3rd count:

Name: Senile Oldbag
Type Of Cough Up: General mess-up (perhaps intentional?)
Description: At the very start, before we know there has been a murder, Wendy says "You didn't get nominated last year either, did you?" to Powers. Minutes earlier Powers had informed you that The Pink Princess won last year, which is why Jammin' Ninja has his runner up reputation. Will Powers was The Pink Princess.

This is most probably a mistranslation, but based on context, Will Powers was not only nominated, but won.

Incidentally, they refer to "that incident" (Case 3) as last year, aswell, though the trial happened in 2016, and Case 4 is in 2018.

Name: That's not how Psycho-Locks work!
Type Of Cough Up: Plot inconsistancy
Description: The magatama finds out when a person is holding a secret, not when they are lying. Even if Matt answers "I didn't kill anyone", he would still hold the secret of hiring them, psycho-locks should have appeared. Using the lack of them as a plot device was rather cheap, plus it was Pearl's instance on doing so which made me believe Matt was guilty. Bad writers, bad foreshadowing, bad consistancy. BAD!

Name: Psychic Wright
Type Of Cough Up: General mistake
Description: During the first meeting with Engarde, after he accepts you as his lawyer, when you ask "What Happened?" he will mention he learned Juan was dead because of his manager. Phoenix thinks (The way he talks about his manager, it seems like she runs his life)

Adrian has not been mentioned by name or gender, and given the plot point of her gender later in the game, this is a rather ironic and fun hiccup.

Hey,

Spoiler:
I thought the psyche-lock not appearing on Matt when Phoenix first confronts him was actually pretty clever. If they had appeared right at the start, exposing him as the bad guy, there would have been no plot twist since at this point we don't know about the kidnapping and all kinds of things.
Because when Matt says "I DIDN'T KILL ANYONE" - at that point he's telling the truth - TO THE LETTER. HE didn't kill anyone. But that doesnt mean someone else didn't.

Does that make sense?

Sorry for the long quote.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Unprofessional Procrastinator

Spoiler: case 2-2
Name:The Amazing Teleporting Key
Type of cough-up: plothole (I think)
Description: OK, a few pages back I heard someone say that the one-of-a-kind black key, fell out
of Maya's pocket and into the clothes box where Ini/Mimi picked it up and put it in her own costume.
But here's the thing, if Pearl found the key in the incinirator on day one and Ini/Mimi burned her costume on day two
How on earth did the Key "magicly" appear in the incinirator :eh?:

This post is now 20% cooler!

Yokusa wrote:
Spoiler: case 2-2
Name:The Amazing Teleporting Key
Type of cough-up: plothole (I think)
Description: OK, a few pages back I heard someone say that the one-of-a-kind black key, fell out
of Maya's pocket and into the clothes box where Ini/Mimi picked it up and put it in her own costume.
But here's the thing, if Pearl found the key in the incinirator on day one and Ini/Mimi burned her costume on day two
How on earth did the Key "magicly" appear in the incinirator :eh?:

Spoiler: Just in case
They burnt the costume immediatly, Phoenix just didn't think to check the incinerator till day 2 (though the bit of cloth appering on the door was silly)

What bothers me about that case is, Maya somehow got a bullet hole in her sleeve, I always assumed "Ini" switch her costume with Maya, but the hole doesn't apper in the picture lotta took. So that means it must have happened when she was in the basket. But what bothers me is, how on earth, if maya was in the basket, did she get the bullet hole in her costume, but not get injured herself??

Gimme a hollar for random chat anytime (PMs booshtard. 8D)

Desert rose, why do you live alone?

Maya's one incredibly lucky girl.

Unprofessional Procrastinator

mario2000 wrote:
Maya's one incredibly lucky girl.

well...

Spoiler: pretty much all games
She was suspected for murder Twice,Been shot at, Got stunned by Karma,Being Kindnapped
AND Nearly froze to death in a Temple shrine (3-5)

so i would call her Lucky :eh?:
This post is now 20% cooler!

BigFish wrote:
[...] There are two explanations for this:

1 - Larry is a child prodigy and he went to school when he was 1.
2 - Phoenix and Larry are actually older than they say they are.
3 - The writers got the wrong number.

I think it's the third one. :phoenix:

:objection:
You state that you have two explanations for this, yet you have presented three!
I assume you got the wrong number? :phoenix:
I had lost my CR password for a while... but I'm back >_>

A Kodac moment.

I found a pretty big one:

Spoiler: Case 1-4
Name: Can't... breathe... oh, look! A gun!
Type of cough-up: Characters being dumb
Description: When the people were trapped in the elevator, Yanni Yogi had a gun with him. When they had felt that the air was getting thin (but were still not panicking), why didn't Yanni fire a bullet at the glass window of the elevator to let air in? The elevator seemed large enough for them to stand all the way back and not get hurt if the glass flew at them. Also, they would aim at the upper part of the window just in case someone was in the other room, so that they wouldn't hit them. It just seems very dumb that they hadn't tried that.

OBJECT!Marquees are fun...Whip

Master of sharp things!

Poltergust wrote:
I found a pretty big one:

Spoiler: Case 1-4
Name: Can't... breathe... oh, look! A gun!
Type of cough-up: Characters being dumb
Description: When the people were trapped in the elevator, Yanni Yogi had a gun with him. When they had felt that the air was getting thin (but were still not panicking), why didn't Yanni fire a bullet at the glass window of the elevator to let air in? The elevator seemed large enough for them to stand all the way back and not get hurt if the glass flew at them. Also, they would aim at the upper part of the window just in case someone was in the other room, so that they wouldn't hit them. It just seems very dumb that they hadn't tried that.

I could've sworn this was brought up ages ago. Ah well;

First, I'm fairly sure that they were waiting for help to arrive, so shooting out the windows wasn't a primary option.

Second, it was dark and cramped in the elevator. Not only would it be difficult to aim, the odds of a single bullet hole letting in enough air for two adults and one child aren't really worth it. Shooting from such a close distance could be harmful in case of glass/bullet riccocet(sp?). Not to mention that it could be possible to accidently hit someone on the other side.

A Kodac moment.

Er, I just explained what they could have done so that they wouldn't hurt themselves or any others. Also, there were multiple bullets in the gun, so he could have fired more if there wasn't enough air getting let in (although I think enough air would be let in even if it was just one bullet hole).

Struck by a blunt objection

Spoiler: 1-4
Besides, arn't elevators supposed to have service hatches at the top? Like, in pretty much every action movie staring them? Just open that! Whoopie! Elevator shaft air! :payne:

nuuuuu, stoooooop

The elevator - The three of them were panicking as their air ran out. I don't think they were thinking clearly enough to be shooting holes at the window.

The Magatama reveals Psyche Locks to whoever is actually holding it at the time. This is proved in T&T.
ImageImage

OBJECTION!

In 1-2
Spoiler:
What happened to Maya's trial for murder? Was she cleared then? Obviously she was, but for some reason it starts with Maya being accused, then it goes onto Phoenix being accused, but Maya isnt actually found innocent before this happens. Huh?

grim_tales wrote:
In 1-2
Spoiler:
What happened to Maya's trial for murder? Was she cleared then? Obviously she was, but for some reason it starts with Maya being accused, then it goes onto Phoenix being accused, but Maya isnt actually found innocent before this happens. Huh?

Spoiler: 1-2
I assue that Maya was found innocent, but that it happened after Phoenix was arrested.

Another one:

Spoiler: 3-2
Name: Arround 1 AM..... How much arround?
Type of cough-up: plothole
Description: Okay, so the murder happened at 1 AM. This is the time the keycard was used. HOWEVER, this is ALSO the time where LARRY find the WALLET, WITH the keycard. Now, this implies that:

WHAT HAPPENED ARROUND 1 PM:
-Larry get's call from girlfriend. He rises from his chair.
-Atmey enters the building, and enters the CEO office.
-Larry is on the stairs.
-Ron, not noticing Atmey, enters the building.
-Atmey murders Mr. Bull.
-Mr. Bull uses the Buzzer, but it is no use.
-Larry is on the stairs.
-Ron reaches the CEO office. He uses the cardkey.
-Ron puts the cardkey back into the purse, and somehow drops it.
-Larry is on the stairs.
-Atmey faces Ron and knocks him out.
-Atmey makes a quick escape from the office and building.
-Larry is on the stairs.
-Ron reawakens.
-Ron opens the safe.
-Ron hides Mr. Bulls body in the safe.
-Larry is on the stairs.
-Ron, escaping the view of the cameras, exits the building.
-Larry reaches the 1st floor, and finds the wallet.

....Ehm... sorry, but Larry can't possible have THAT hard a time getting up a stairwell.

A Kodac moment.

Croik wrote:
The elevator - The three of them were panicking as their air ran out. I don't think they were thinking clearly enough to be shooting holes at the window.

I said that when they thought the the air was getting thin (but they were still not panicking), they should have fired the bullets at the window.

Or use the elevator shaft, like Mikker said. =P

;_;

Poltergust wrote:
Croik wrote:

I said that when they thought the the air was getting thin (but they were still not panicking), they should have fired the bullets at the window.

Or use the elevator shaft, like Mikker said. =P

When I saw the bullethole in the photograph of the murder scene, that's the very first thing I thought of--someone must've shot at it to let air come into the elevator. That's why I thought it was a difficult case, I started with a completely false premise. :edgy:

Anyway I agree that it's a huge plothole.

EDIT:
This is old, but I'm new--plus, so is the English translation of the game.
Kyarorain wrote:
Ok, this has been bothering me for a while now so I'll point it out.

Spoiler: 3rd game's last case
Name: Channeling Hairstyles
Type of cough-up: Inconsistency
Description: Whenever Maya or Pearl summon Mia, their hairstyles remain the same. However, in 3-5, when Elise and then Maya summon Dahlia/Chinami, their hairstyles change to Dahlia's!

Spoiler: 3-5 major spoilage!
I don't think you ever actually see Dahlia in Misty/Elise's body, and she also wears a hood (Bikini testifies to that effect), her hair is obscured. When Maya summons her, she testifies that she braided her hair quickly, and Maya and Dahlia have similar hair lengths. I think she said something like that at least...

Also, presumably Dahlia has red hair naturally, and only got the dark hair that makes her indistinguishable from Iris because Maya has it.

There's something that's bothering me though about that case, while we're on the subject.
Spoiler: 3-5 major spoilage!
Name: Are we dead yet?
Description: So, Larry sees Iris "flying" over the burning bridge, and as it turns out, it is the body of Misty Fey/Elise being swung from the one end of the bridge to the other.

But wait--he clearly identified her as Iris. Barring the too-obvious answer that Larry is just wrong (again), when a spirit channeler dies, doesn't her body return to its original shape? Does that mean that Misty wasn't dead yet when she was swung from the bridge, and that actually, she died somewhere in transit, when she was being brought to the courtyard by Iris (since Bikini saw Iris stabbing the already-dead body of Elise)? :wacky-edgy:

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

Actually, she must've died while she was being swung over the river, since it is said she falls 10 feet after she was dead (which was the drop from the pendulum-like construction). Ooh, I'm so confused! :yogi:

And if she was really already dead, then when exactly did Misty's body return to its original shape? Or is this really just a case of the Butz? :larry:

Colour monkey supreme

Spoiler: Hmmmmm... Lessee
I remember Larry mentioning he thought the figure "flying" over the bridge was Iris because of her hood.

Dahlia in Misty's body wore a hood when she went to the Inner Temple, and was put down by Godot.

After moving the body to the courtyard in the Main hall, Iris must've removed the hood before plunging the Shichishito in the corpse.

;_;

Hmm that's true about Larry, but...
Spoiler:
Even after it becomes clear that Iris wasn't wearing a hood, he still thought it was her--I mean, he's very insistent about the flying person being Iris. Besides, Misty's build is way different. For that matter, I guess Iris also had to slip Misty's body back into her own clothes I guess, since if Dahlia came to Bikini wearing Misty's robes, that would've been cause for suspicion to say the least.

I guess it's all explainable with a bit of imagination... But it becomes an increasingly unlikely story the more you think about it.

:udgy: It's too complex!

Here's another one, which may just have a reasonable explanation that I just forgot about...
Spoiler:
Name: Don't hit me with your rhythm stick
Type of cough-up: Unexplained loose end... kinda thing, maybe.
Description: The night of the murder, somebody (supposedly) got hit with the Shichishito. Luke Atmey tells the court that he was struck by Mask☆Demasque. However, as it turns out on the first day, the only person there was Luke Atmey. It seems unlikely that he struck himself to say the least, but nobody brings this point up--this is already odd in itself.

But as it turns out, there was no struggle at all. He went to the basement after the murder of Bullard and arranged the scene, then called the cops. So who got hit with the Shichishito, and by whom? And if he used it as the murder weapon on Bullard, why would he take it all the way from the Ami Fey statue to the crimescene just to do that? Just so he could pretend to have struggled with Mask☆Demasque? :eh?:

I'll finish the case again just in case I missed the explanation somewhere, but I think that's a loose end.

EDIT: Okay, this one's kinda lame... But here goes:

Spoiler:
Name: He nose all about it
Type of cough-up: Sprite-art issue
Description: How can Luke Atmey possibly wear Mask☆Demasque's mask? His nose would never fit in there, it sticks out like 6 inches from his face! Unless his nose is an extension... :agia-shock:

OBJECTION!

Cody:

This isnt that important but:

Spoiler:
In PW:AA (Case 3), its mentioned Cody is in 2 or 3rd grade, but his age is given as 10. 10??

Is Cody a slow learner? If my maths is right, 2nd or 3rd grade means you're about 7, 8 tops in the US/UK...

Hi

Maybe it's been brought up before...

Spoiler: Case 5 of T&T
How did Dahlia get hold of the rope that was hanging off the suspension bridge? From what I can recall, the bridge was burning down and the stray rope was hanging exactly in the middle of the canyon.

;_;

advancechao wrote:
Maybe it's been brought up before...

Spoiler: Case 5 of T&T
How did Dahlia get hold of the rope that was hanging off the suspension bridge? From what I can recall, the bridge was burning down and the stray rope was hanging exactly in the middle of the canyon.

Spoiler:
It wasn't specifically explained as far as I remember, but I figured the rope was still attached, and Dahlia grabbed it and cut it, then attached the body.

But...
Spoiler: further down case 5... Don't read if you haven't finished it
You do realize that it turns out to be Godot doing the swingin', right? :spit:

Hi

Spoiler:
Oops, I remember now. Mistake >_<

Spoiler: TaT case 2
Name: The last testimony
Type of cough-up: Alternate solution
Description: There is another way to beat Atmey. Remember that buzzer? Yeah, it rang once. Atmey says he got the info from the police investigators... but that can't be right. It's a downright CONTRADICTION! Why? Because the police thought it DIDN'T RING AT ALL. Larry SCREWED UP, and only found out when PHOENIX asked. It was presented as a fact in court, but Atmey wasn't arround to hear that. However, pressing the buzzer statement will result in a insta-guilty.

Cody is 7.

Mikker wrote:
Name: Arround 1 AM..... How much arround?
Type of cough-up: plothole
Description: Okay, so the murder happened at 1 AM. This is the time the keycard was used. HOWEVER, this is ALSO the time where LARRY find the WALLET, WITH the keycard. Now, this implies that:

WHAT HAPPENED ARROUND 1 PM:
-Larry get's call from girlfriend. He rises from his chair.
-Atmey enters the building, and enters the CEO office.
-Larry is on the stairs.
-Ron, not noticing Atmey, enters the building.
-Atmey murders Mr. Bull.
-Mr. Bull uses the Buzzer, but it is no use.
-Larry is on the stairs.
-Ron reaches the CEO office. He uses the cardkey.
-Ron puts the cardkey back into the purse, and somehow drops it.
-Larry is on the stairs.
-Atmey faces Ron and knocks him out.
-Atmey makes a quick escape from the office and building.
-Larry is on the stairs.
-Ron reawakens.
-Ron opens the safe.
-Ron hides Mr. Bulls body in the safe.
-Larry is on the stairs.
-Ron, escaping the view of the cameras, exits the building.
-Larry reaches the 1st floor, and finds the wallet.

....Ehm... sorry, but Larry can't possible have THAT hard a time getting up a stairwell.

Wasn't it Atmey that pull the buzzer to get Ron arrested when he knocked him out?

Spoiler: 3-5
Name: Pay attention stupid judge..
Type of cough-up: Wrong Verdict
Description: Dahlia claims maya has suicide, Judge acknowledges that maya is the true murderer. Then, When godot says theres a contradiction and IF you lose on purpose by not presenting the bridge pic or map of the area... the judge declares "Iris" :guilty:

Spoiler: GS4
Name: My poor badge...
Description: Phoenix apparently loses his badge for presenting faulty evidence...? how about the time edgeworth present's darke's knife, phoenix clearly proved that the knife was faulty evidence...? how about the time edgeworth's father accused Von Karma for using faulty evidence and the accusation stuck...? why is Von Karma and Edgeworth still lawyers
Or do the defence attorneys all had a grudge on phoenix to all vote for him to lose his badge :raygun:

Last edited by Y3Johnny on Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

;_;

Quote:
Name: Pay attention stupid judge..
Type of cough-up: Wrong Verdict
Description: Dahlia claims maya has suicide, Judge acknowledges that maya is the true murderer. Then, When godot says theres a contradiction and IF you lose on purpose by not presenting the bridge pic or map of the area... the judge declares "Iris" :guilty:

That's not 3-2, that's 3-5! :gant:

i did waaay too many copy-pasting xD

Name: Forgetful Dahlia
Type of cough-up: ??
When Dahlia finds out she's in Maya's body, it's already been established that killing the host body when channeling kills the host and sends the dead back to the beyond (See Misty channeling Dahlia,) so Dahlia never though to kill herself in Maya's body?

Blacker than a moonless night,
hotter and more bitter than
Hell itself... That is coffee.

;_;

CrawdKenny wrote:
When Dahlia finds out she's in Maya's body, it's already been established that killing the host body when channeling kills the host and sends the dead back to the beyond (See Misty channeling Dahlia,) so Dahlia never though to kill herself in Maya's body?

Spoiler:
At that point she was in the middle of court with bailiffs and such everywhere, so it might've been difficult to kill herself. Then again, people have been known to swallow poison during court...

Alternate explanation: she's probably too self-centered to kill herself, even inside a host body.

Another one, kinda minor and technical though:
Spoiler: case 3-5
Name: If I were dead, I'd be the last to know
Type of cough-up: inconsistency
Description: Dahlia and Mia both say that when you die, your spirit lives on. Mia even goes so far as to say that Dahlia's punishment is to be herself, forever. This all implies that when you're dead, you're still aware on some level of your own existence. However, when Dahlia testifies about the events of the murder night, she says that she "blacked out" (when Godot stabbed her), and her next memory was waking up inside the temple (in Maya's body). This means that she was not self-aware when Godot sent her back to the afterlife, and that is contradictory to her description of the afterlife. Am I making sense? :yogi:

It could be that spirits "lose consciousness" when they're forced to leave a body, but not when they leave by other means...hmm...that's a tough one to explain.

CrawdKenny wrote:

Spoiler: more reasons for inaction
after she "just" learned she was in maya's body mia described how she outwitted her, so she was too busy listening. then after she got sent back to hell before she could do anythign else

Name: Who's Channeling Dahlia?
Type of cough-up: Inconsistancy
Description:
In 2-4, at one point when Pearl was channeling Mia, Mia felt Maya calling her and left Pearl's body. In 3-5, Dahlia was in Misty's body, and Pearl was trying to call Dahlia, meaning Dahlia had to have felt herself being called away, and known it was Pearl.

Even if Misty had the power to keep Dahlia there because her power is greater than Pearl's, then remember that after that, Dahlia was in Maya's body, and Pearl said that she tried multiple times to channel Dahlia. Along with the fact that it has been well established that Pearl has more channling power than Maya, Dahlia should've felt herself being called away by Pearl, knwn it was Pearl, and Pearl should';ve been able to get Dahlia's spirit away from Maya.

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

Case: 1-1, 3-1..
Name: Phoenix clarvoyant?
Explanation: Phoenix says, in 3-1, that he wants to become a lawyer "to help a friend". This is what he also says in 1-1, because that friend was Larry. However, how the heck could he know that Larry would be going to be accused of murder?

Tinker wrote:
Explanation: Phoenix says, in 3-1, that he wants to become a lawyer "to help a friend". This is what he also says in 1-1, because that friend was Larry. However, how the heck could he know that Larry would be going to be accused of murder?

I think he really meant Edgeworth, not that that makes much more sense.

;_;

Tinker wrote:

That's what I thought too, but wasn't he becoming a lawyer to meet Edgeworth? Maybe that's what he meant... :cough: + :edgy: = BFF!

EDIT: OHHH CrawdKenny got me. :acro:

CrawdKenny wrote:
Name: Who's Channeling Dahlia?
Type of cough-up: Inconsistancy
Description:
In 2-4, at one point when Pearl was channeling Mia, Mia felt Maya calling her and left Pearl's body. In 3-5, Dahlia was in Misty's body, and Pearl was trying to call Dahlia, meaning Dahlia had to have felt herself being called away, and known it was Pearl.

Even if Misty had the power to keep Dahlia there because her power is greater than Pearl's, then remember that after that, Dahlia was in Maya's body, and Pearl said that she tried multiple times to channel Dahlia. Along with the fact that it has been well established that Pearl has more channling power than Maya, Dahlia should've felt herself being called away by Pearl, knwn it was Pearl, and Pearl should';ve been able to get Dahlia's spirit away from Maya.

I'm really gonna help the writers out here but...
Spoiler:
Dahlia (and Iris) don't have any channeling powers. And I think that Mia has some, at least. Maybe you need those in order to sense that stuff? Dunno, this is really just my thoughts, if you just take the game material they definitely screwed that one up.

Dee Vasquez wrote:
Spoiler: PW AA, PW JFA
Name: Multiply My Items!
Type: Item Glitch
Description: During Case 1-3, right before she confesses, Dee Vasquez breaks her cigarette. After the confession Dee is shown with her arms down, which means she doesn't have another cigar. Yet, during case 2-4, Adrian Andrews breaks her glasses several times. How can she have 5,000 pairs of glasses when Dee has 1 cigarette? Where DOES Adrian get all those pairs of glasses?

An even bigger question is how Adrian's glasses break in the first place. Are they connected to her brain? When she's under pressure, does her glasses read brain waves and explode?

THAT is the question. And Adrian doesn't have 5,000 pairs. Only around 10.

It's always for the lulz.

(I am unsure if someone said this already but...)

Spoiler: JFA Case 4
Name: The All-Knowing Phoenix Wright
Type of cough-up: Item Knowledge
Description: When Franziska presents the three evidence, you have a choice as whether to ask for details or not. When you show the Tape to De Killer, Phoenix says that De Killer went back to retrieve it, he even injured three police officers in the process.

BUT, Phoenix couldn't have known about that unless he asked Franziska for more details.

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Atsime wrote:
(I am unsure if someone said this already but...)

Spoiler: JFA Case 4
Name: The All-Knowing Phoenix Wright
Type of cough-up: Item Knowledge
Description: When Franziska presents the three evidence, you have a choice as whether to ask for details or not. When you show the Tape to De Killer, Phoenix says that De Killer went back to retrieve it, he even injured three police officers in the process.

BUT, Phoenix couldn't have known about that unless he asked Franziska for more details.

I assume the line was written on the assumption you WOULD press for details, which I did at least. It's not gonna be like..

LOL THIS IS A TAPE I DUN NO WAT ELSE LOLOLOL

Vony wrote:
An even bigger question is how Adrian's glasses break in the first place. Are they connected to her brain? When she's under pressure, does her glasses read brain waves and explode?

THAT is the question. And Adrian doesn't have 5,000 pairs. Only around 10.

This is for plot inconsistancies and contradictions and the like. Adrian using an infinite glasses cheat hasn't anything to do with the plot.
fuck

what?

I just read all 9 pages to see if it wasn't already mentioned. Doesn't look like it was so here I go:

Spoiler: case 1-4
Name: Motivation for framing Edgeworth
Type of cough-up: Plot hole?
Description:
Why does von Karma/Yogi find it necessary to frame Edgeworth for murder before DL-6's statue of limitations runs up?

Understanding Yogi's motivations are easier: Edgeworth was (as far as he knew) the real killer, causing Yogi to be falsely accused. From there Robert Hammond had to prove Yogi as insane to get his "Not Guilty" verdict, therefore ruining Yogi's reputation. So why he would want to get revenge on these two men is apparent.

However, von Karma explains in his letter that "Now is your last chance" and Yogi apparently agrees with this. But why? DL-6's statue of limitations running up wouldn't cause Hammond to be impervious to death, nor would it grant Edgeworth immunity from being tried for murder.

von Karma's motivations are a little harder to understand: Initially I thought it was to get Edgeworth blamed for DL-6; however, as the prosecutor, von Karma was hoping for an open and shut case on Hammond's murder. Edgeworth would have been sent off without any mention of DL-6. And if this is actually what von Karma was hoping for, DL-6's statue of limitations running up wouldn't have changed this.

Alternatively, if von Karma just wanted "revenge" on Edgeworth for whatever reason, again the nature of Hammond's death and Edgeworth being framed for it doesn't change if DL-6 closes. In fact, wouldn't it behoove von Karma to wait until after it closes, therefore removing all possibility that he's somehow found guilty for it?

Maybe I'm just understanding it all wrong, but it just doesn't make sense.
Page 8 of 60 [ 2372 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 60  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby