Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 2 of 60[ 2372 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

You only get what you give.

Name: Max can really do magic?
Type of cough-up: Inconsistency
Description:
When Phoenix and Maya visit Max in the detention center, Max asks Maya to sit next to him, but she sayd she can't because there's a wall of glass between them. So how does Max do the card trick by letting Phoenix and Maya take the card while he's behind the glass? o___o;

Name: PEOPLE DON'T FLY
Description:
Just because Max is a magician, doesn't anyone realize that he can't fly at will? Shouldn't someone at the circus know that he needs to be attatched to wires and stuff? Rather, why didnt Phoenix bring that up after Max told him? Then he could have got out of the flying criminal thing. Sort of.

Because you can't beat it!

1010 wrote:
Description:
When Phoenix and Maya visit Max in the detention center, Max asks Maya to sit next to him, but she sayd she can't because there's a wall of glass between them. So how does Max do the card trick by letting Phoenix and Maya take the card while he's behind the glass? o___o;

It's possible there could have been a small opening at the bottom of the glass, like when you're at a ticket window for a movie or concert etc. I'm not sure if any prison/detention centers actually have that though, as it seems like they probably wouldn't want you giving anything to (or taking anything from) the person being detained.

FanGuy wrote:
1010 wrote:
Description:

It's possible there could have been a small opening at the bottom of the glass, like when you're at a ticket window for a movie or concert etc. I'm not sure if any prison/detention centers actually have that though, as it seems like they probably wouldn't want you giving anything to (or taking anything from) the person being detained.

There IS no hole, and I can prove it!

Take that

As you can clearly see in this image, there is no opening in the glass wall of the detention center. Ergo, there is no way that Max, or anyone else for that matter, could give things to Phoenix in the detention center!

Which brings me to my next cough up...

Name: Phoenix has super hearing.
Description:
If you look at the photo above, there is not only no opening, but no holes either. So how can Phoenix and his clients hear each other talking through the glass? No one is using a phone, and we never saw anyone speaking into a microphone either. EXPLAIN THAT CAPCOM. O_o;

Struck by a blunt objection

1010 wrote:
FanGuy wrote:
1010 wrote:
Description:

Take that

As you can clearly see in this image, there is no opening in the glass wall of the detention center. Ergo, there is no way that Max, or anyone else for that matter, could give things to Phoenix in the detention center!

I already said that. Max holds the card for Phoenix. Phoenix says 'what about my card?'. Because Max was holding it. Nothing ever passed through.

Seems it was deleted upon restoration.

Science: It's cuter than ever

Mikker wrote:
1010 wrote:
FanGuy wrote:

Take that

I already said that. Max holds the card for Phoenix. Phoenix says 'what about my card?'. Because Max was holding it. Nothing ever passed through.

Seems it was deleted upon restoration.

But then why would Max have said "keep it as a souvenir?"

Because you can't beat it!

Maybe Max really IS a master magician. He made the card pass through a sheet of solid glass, and no one was able to figure out how he did it! Not only that, he also really was the murderer and planted false clues and used hypnosis on everyone to believe he was innocent! Zenitora

SilverZephyr wrote:

That's true, very true.

And also, thinking back, in other cases things have been magicly passed through the glass. Like in JFA: Case 2 Maya gives you the magatama through the glass. She also gives you that note to get the cell phone back from Gumshoe in case 2 of AA. And in AA case 4 Edgeworth gives you the slip requesting Phoenix as an attorney. All through the glass. :o

1010 wrote:
SilverZephyr wrote:

That's true, very true.

And also, thinking back, in other cases things have been magicly passed through the glass. Like in JFA: Case 2 Maya gives you the magatama through the glass. She also gives you that note to get the cell phone back from Gumshoe in case 2 of AA. And in AA case 4 Edgeworth gives you the slip requesting Phoenix as an attorney. All through the glass. :o

Oh.

I stand defeated.

Yuusaku

*Insert mad witness breakdown scene here*

Mikker wrote:
1010 wrote:
SilverZephyr wrote:

That's true, very true.

Oh.

I stand defeated.

Yuusaku

*Insert mad witness breakdown scene here*

Guilty
:D

Live life to the full

MadVash2005 wrote:
Name: Ambedexrious Idle Hands
Type of cough-up: Alternate solution
Description:
Phoenix's use of the "victim is left-handed" defense is moot (I hope I used that word correctly); you can legibly write anything down with either hands' index finger. Try it out for yourself-I did it just now and I'm a righty Larry ! Also, that specific contradiction shouldn't have been brought up in the first place. Didn't Gumshoe and the Autopsy Report state that the victim died from a broken neck upon impact? Dustin wouldn't be able to move ANY part of his body, then! If only Phoenix pointed that out first, the case would've been closed alot faster.

First off, a moot is a mock trial, often used by law students (we have a moot room at university)

Secondly, while you are correct on his death, it is most out of character for a left handed person to use his right hand to write something.

Name: What new century?
Description: When Phoenix explains the court system in the second case, he says it's the turn of a new century. However, two cases later, DL-6 is dated 28th December 2001, meaning that the year in Phoenix Wright is 2016.

Daian gets what he wants.

Name: Wellington is invisible
Description: Welling pushes Dustin, but Maggey doesnt see him do it, then Welling goes and moves dustin around... and Maggey doesnt see. >.>
Working on a sig. Give me a week... month.

Deefunx wrote:
Name: Wellington is invisible
Description: Welling pushes Dustin, but Maggey doesnt see him do it, then Welling goes and moves dustin around... and Maggey doesnt see. >.>

As far as him moving Dustin around, she probably went to call the police.
And when he pushed Dustin, she might not have been nearby. I mean, she probably was somewhat closeby if the time she noticed Dustin was the time in between when Wellington pushed him and when Wellington arrived at the scene, but since it was hard to see since it was dark if she was just a little away she probably couldn't have seen well...

Actually. Scratch that. If Maggey hadn't been standing right next to Dustin, then Wellington wouldn't have thought that Maggey had called the police and he wouldn't have killed Dustin anyway. Huh. Strange :/

Plus I dont think it was at night... *gets ds* 6:28 PM. 9/6 meaning 9th of the June (English >.>) Making it summer = bright at 6:30 ;D

Furthermore, how did he know Maggey WAS Maggey?

Live life to the full

I imagine Wellington saw Maggey holding his phone, he didn't think and after he pushed the policeman over, he quickly wrote the name 'Maggie' and ran off without thinking.. Also, if it was dark, I also doubt the ability to see what's going on at the higher level particularly well if it was dark, yet someone (I think it was Payne) said that it is easy to see.

Mighty Pirate, really!

Deefunx wrote:
Plus I dont think it was at night... *gets ds* 6:28 PM. 9/6 meaning 9th of the June (English >.>) Making it summer = bright at 6:30 ;D

Furthermore, how did he know Maggey WAS Maggey?

My guess would be that the girl who answered his phone had a cute lil' voice, and he later spotted Maggey from afar holding his phone. Since she's a cute lil' girl, he made the connection.

Allthough valid points have been stated. Its all really shaky.

I checked, its American dates (September).

Spoiler: evidence 1
Teleportation mod?

Spoiler: visibility
Lights can be clearly seen.

Finally, how would the whole position of it all work out?

Dustin was facing away from the wall to grab the glasses whilst holding the glove? Then he did a flip in the air?
Dustin reached behind and grabbed the glasses? Wellington could'nt of seen the gloves easily?

Its so baseless.

Live life to the full

That's a good point, if he was repositioned, surely it would be noticed as tracks in the sand.

Mighty Pirate, really!

Deefunx wrote:
Allthough valid points have been stated. Its all really shaky.

I checked, its American dates (September).

Spoiler: evidence 1
Teleportation mod?

Spoiler: visibility
Lights can be clearly seen.

Finally, how would the whole position of it all work out?

Dustin was facing away from the wall to grab the glasses whilst holding the glove? Then he did a flip in the air?
Dustin reached behind and grabbed the glasses? Wellington could'nt of seen the gloves easily?

Its so baseless.

Spoiler: Spoiler 2-1
The first picture was a lie. It's what the scene would have looked like if Wellington really was a witness. There's a couple more like that, one is in 2-4 (how Adrian saw the body) and 1-2 (where Mia's attacker came from). So that first picture is merely what the scene WOULD have looked like.

As for Dustin, when Wellington tried to push him off, the officer reached out (possibly to grab something, anything) and grabbed his glasses. The glove, from what we heard, was in Dustin's pocket, so when poor Dustin fell to his death, Wellington could not see very well anymore (since now his glasses were gone), and it looked like a bunch of bananas had tumbled out of his pocket as well. And as for the glasses being under him, well, gravity and poor flailing Dustin came into concept there, they probably hit the ground first and then him.

Hope that helps. :)

*insert something witty here*

Off-topic but:

1010 wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that photo looks sleezy?

I see your points (regarding the picture and the actions of the crime).

However, if the glove was in dustin's pocket the angle that he fell and the way that he fell would have to be very special, most likely one where he falls on his legs face down, not his neck. Therefore another inconsistency is bought up; how he actually died.

I agree in the statement that he reached behind him for Wellington's glasses, but everything else seems overly cooincidential. I would of believed that Wellington would of rushed to the crime (how does one get up the ledge) so that he could frame Maggey. In that case he wouldn't of seen the glove.

Bringing up the most important factor in this; Where was Maggey.

Mighty Pirate, really!

Deefunx wrote:
I see your points (regarding the picture and the actions of the crime).

However, if the glove was in dustin's pocket the angle that he fell and the way that he fell would have to be very special, most likely one where he falls on his legs face down, not his neck. Therefore another inconsistency is bought up; how he actually died.

The impact could have knocked the glove from his pocket, and from way up there, Wellington saw that 'bunch of bananas' fall out.

Quote:
I agree in the statement that he reached behind him for Wellington's glasses, but everything else seems overly cooincidential. I would of believed that Wellington would of rushed to the crime (how does one get up the ledge) so that he could frame Maggey. In that case he wouldn't of seen the glove.

A lot of things in Phoenix Wright are very coincidental. If Cody hadn't taken that picture (1-3), if Lotta and Larry had not been at the lake (1-4), and so on. And Wellington did rush to the crime to frame Maggey. The reason for the glove was to show that Wellington had bad eyes and needed glasses.

Quote:

We don't know, we were never informed. My guess would be that she and Dustin went their seperate ways for a bit, Maggey went to go where Wellington asked to receive the phone, and Dustin stayed where he would be murdered.

The impact could have knocked the glove from his pocket, and from way up there, Wellington saw that 'bunch of bananas' fall out.

But then the 'banana's' would of been seen fallen, and if Wellington was on his way to the crime as soon as he pushed Dustin, he more than likely wouldn't of seen the fall.

=====

A lot of things in Phoenix Wright are very coincidental. If Cody hadn't taken that picture (1-3), if Lotta and Larry had not been at the lake (1-4), and so on. And Wellington did rush to the crime to frame Maggey. The reason for the glove was to show that Wellington had bad eyes and needed glasses.

But if you look at the time structure of how the events proably took place you can clearly see that there proably was no time for Wellington to see the fall. Plus there were onlookers. Which adds even more confusion.

=====
We don't know, we were never informed. My guess would be that she and Dustin went their seperate ways for a bit, Maggey went to go where Wellington asked to receive the phone, and Dustin stayed where he would be murdered.

But Maggey and Dustin were together which was the basis for the spontanious murder. Finally,being a policeman, she could make an arrest if she had reason.

Ένσταση!

Ryuko wrote:
MadVash2005 wrote:
Name: Ambedexrious Idle Hands
Type of cough-up: Alternate solution
Description:
Phoenix's use of the "victim is left-handed" defense is moot […]

First off, a moot is a mock trial, often used by law students (we have a moot room at university)

Hate to nitpick, but you did first. Odoroki I find it hard to believe that you’re a uni student, yet have never encountered the expression “it’s a moot point” (or similar). It means that something’s rendered completely pointless.

The most obvious PW cough-up was, to me, the way that the trial would end if you irked the judge enough. You’d think it should be something like this:—

Phoenix TAKE THAT!
:udgy: Eh? What’s all this then?
Nick Uhh … whoopsy-daisies?
Judge Mr Wright, that’s it! You’ve been quite insightful thus far, but now you’re just being another sort of “inciteful”. You have acted extremely unprofessionally, and I am left with no choice but to disregard your case. GUILTY!
Ack Oh, snap.

But instead, the Judge just shakes his head and says that he sees no point in continuing. Randomly, almost (no one but you can see that life bar, after all). Keep in mind that this usually happens at a point in the case where you’ve already shown your client is almost definitely innocent, and are tentatively stringing together bits of evidence to try and pin it on someone else … and it seems very odd that the Judge acts as though your client is “obviously guilty” or something.

*insert cool title here*

1010 wrote:
FanGuy wrote:
1010 wrote:
Description:

Take that

Description:
If you look at the photo above, there is not only no opening, but no holes either. So how can Phoenix and his clients hear each other talking through the glass? No one is using a phone, and we never saw anyone speaking into a microphone either. EXPLAIN THAT CAPCOM. O_o;

Objection

Notice that the very bottom of the glass is cut off by the desk thingie obstructing it! The defense claims that the hole exists, but it is obstructed in the photograph!

The picture was taken at an angle! This makes the above statement possible!
I'm FINALLY back after months of just being a guest on the website, seeing an old topic I created, and randomly guessing my password to get my account back =3

Ships: :phoenix: x :maya: and :odoroki: x :doodle:

attorney@law wrote:
1010 wrote:
1010 wrote:
Description:

Take that

Description:

Objection

Notice that the very bottom of the glass is cut off by the desk thingie obstructing it! The defense claims that the hole exists, but it is obstructed in the photograph!

The picture was taken at an angle! This makes the above statement possible![/quote]

Objection

The desk-thingie is part of the glass! You can see that when you talk to anyone in the detention center during the game! Also, when you talk to someone in the detention center there is no visable hole from the front. Just because the picture is on an angle does not mean that the hole exists.

The prosecution seeks to prove that there is indeed no hole in the glass of the detention center!

1010 wrote:
The prosecution seeks to prove that there is indeed no hole in the glass of the detention center!

Objection

You are forgetting one more thing.

Look at the photograph once more.

See the person behind the glass? Yeah. That's Maya CHANNELING MIA.

*table slam* In other words...

*powerful eye-poker point* MAGIC EXISTS IN THE ACE ATTORNEY UNIVERSE!

Mikker wrote:
1010 wrote:

Objection

Objection

But you are forgetting... *insert sexy Edgey head-shaking-thing here*

MAGIC HAS NO PLACE IN A COURT OF LAW OR ELSE CASE 2-2 WOULDN'T EVEN EXIST!

Also, pieces of glass are NOT spirit mediums. Therefore, they can not channel holes! You lack evidence to prove the existance of the hole.

1010 wrote:
Mikker wrote:
1010 wrote:

Objection

Objection

Also, pieces of glass are NOT spirit mediums. Therefore, they can not channel holes! You lack evidence to prove the existance of the hole.

Yeah, but I proved a plot hole.

OBJECT! YOU SAID YOU WANTED A HOLE, DIDN'T YOU?!

Mikker wrote:
Mikker wrote:
1010 wrote:

Objection

Objection

Yeah, but I proved a plot hole.

OBJECT! YOU SAID YOU WANTED A HOLE, DIDN'T YOU?![/quote]

GAAAAHHH. -insert Edgey shocked/fist-on-the-desk pose here-

Well... well... THAT'S A DIFFERENT KIND OF HOLE, THEREFORE IT'S IRRELEVANT TO THIS CASE!
Edgeworth

Dr? Hotti What kinda hole is it then?

*shot*

Maybe the glass is acutally a thin sheet of plastic? Huh? Huh? *dragged away by baliff*

While playing case 4 for like the 6th time... God I love that case. o___o

Name: Yogi can't breath!
Type of cough-up: Typo
Description: When you talk to Edgeworth and you get to see the DL-6 flashback and Yogi is talking in the elevator, he says "I... I can't breath!
You... you're using up my air!"
Guess spellcheck didn't catch that one. Nick

Mighty Pirate, really!

Cleteromagos wrote:

Hate to nitpick, but you did first. Odoroki I find it hard to believe that you’re a uni student, yet have never encountered the expression “it’s a moot point” (or similar). It means that something’s rendered completely pointless.

The most obvious PW cough-up was, to me, the way that the trial would end if you irked the judge enough. You’d think it should be something like this:—

Phoenix TAKE THAT!
:udgy: Eh? What’s all this then?
Nick Uhh … whoopsy-daisies?
Judge Mr Wright, that’s it! You’ve been quite insightful thus far, but now you’re just being another sort of “inciteful”. You have acted extremely unprofessionally, and I am left with no choice but to disregard your case. GUILTY!
Ack Oh, snap.

But instead, the Judge just shakes his head and says that he sees no point in continuing. Randomly, almost (no one but you can see that life bar, after all). Keep in mind that this usually happens at a point in the case where you’ve already shown your client is almost definitely innocent, and are tentatively stringing together bits of evidence to try and pin it on someone else … and it seems very odd that the Judge acts as though your client is “obviously guilty” or something.

I think it's even worse when you have found a solution that fits all the evidence, that your client cannot possibly be the murderer now, that the true murderer is falling apart and constantly lying, the true murderer has motive and method and chance while your client has none.

Best example is 1-3. You can prove near the end that Will Powers was drugged, that the person dressed up in the Steel Samurai went to where Jack was not murdered (photographic evidence), that Dee Vasquez constantly lied, that the murder weapon really wasn't the murder weapon, and all the evidence and situations can add up to exactly what you are saying... but even after all this, Will Powers can still be found Guilty. Hell, after proving he was drugged, he shouldn't have been on trial anymore!

Official Chinami Fan

It's all part of it being a game. It's like saying: "Even though you're 35 pixels away from the end of the stage, you still get a game over if an enemy shoots you, WTF IS UP WITH THAT!?"

It's just a general game over screen, and it is a challenging game after all. They want the player to figure out what's going on before Phoenix does.
Props to Clicky for the avatar! =3

Ένσταση!

Magmar’s Fury wrote:
Best example is 1-3. You can prove near the end that Will Powers was drugged, that the person dressed up in the Steel Samurai went to where Jack was not murdered (photographic evidence), that Dee Vasquez constantly lied, that the murder weapon really wasn't the murder weapon, and all the evidence and situations can add up to exactly what you are saying... but even after all this, Will Powers can still be found Guilty. Hell, after proving he was drugged, he shouldn't have been on trial anymore!

Yeah, that’s where I noticed it, too. SailorTaurus, the problem isn’t that you can get a game over, it’s the way in which the game over is served to you — on a rusty platter. Um, so to speak. Redd White

"Franziska admits to the theory that Maya channeled a spirit, who took control of Maya's body and killed Dr. Grey. But somehow, that means Maya is still responsible for the murder."

I believe the reason for this is because of the fruit knife which was found with Maya's hand prints all over it, why would someone bring a knife to a summoning unless the plan was to kill the person you were locking yourself into a room with.

This is my response to why is a ghost not accountable for murder, or counter argument to a cough up.

Ace Speller

BassForever wrote:
"Franziska admits to the theory that Maya channeled a spirit, who took control of Maya's body and killed Dr. Grey. But somehow, that means Maya is still responsible for the murder."

I believe the reason for this is because of the fruit knife which was found with Maya's hand prints all over it, why would someone bring a knife to a summoning unless the plan was to kill the person you were locking yourself into a room with.

This is my response to why is a ghost not accountable for murder, or counter argument to a cough up.

Objection

The knife was brought in by
Spoiler: 2-2
Ini (Mimi)
Is it really that hard!? *cornered theme*

Phonics Wright wrote:
BassForever wrote:

Objection

Ini (Mimi)

But nobody knew that or even could suggest it until it was proven that she was the murderer :/ So if the knife really was brought in by somebody else, they had no way of knowing it so they arrested Maya accordingly.

Also, I'm thinking that in a court of law you can't just say "the spirit did it" and let it go, you have to be able to arrest SOMEBODY. If Maya really HAD channeled a spirit who killed somebody, even though it wasn't Maya who killed them she was the one who channeled the spirit who killed them and therefore is the only currently-living person that could have taken the responsibility for it. It would be a pretty crappy police force if they let the medium go and then the medium channeled another spirit who killed somebody :/

Phonics Wright wrote:
BassForever wrote:

Objection

Ini (Mimi)

Did you play 2-2? Maya is arrested because her fingerprints were on the knife and gun. He was stabbed then shot. We know Grey brought the gun, but who brought the Fey family knife? The member of the Fey family and only other person in the room, Mia. Why would someone bring a knife? With the intent to kill.

Spoiler:
Yes, we do find out Ini brought the knife later on in the case, however when the player broke in and when the police arrived the only people in the room were Maya and Grey. The original contradiction is that a ghost is not liable for murder? The fact is Maya brought the knife into the room, making it a planned murder.

Ace Speller

I misread the original post Sadshoe sorry.

That doesn't make sense. Why didn't Phoenix notice that?

Witty filler.

Deefunx wrote:

Granted, this is late, but Maggey had a shift coming up right afterwords: remember, she says she had the night shift, and Dustin had the day, thus why he was in his uniform. That's where she was: at work!
Page 2 of 60 [ 2372 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby