Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 52 of 60[ 2372 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 60  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

My childhood right here

Bad Player wrote:
But it was a stupid way to pin the crime on Maya, because there's no reason Maya would've brought a knife into the channeling chamber.

Morgan's a stupid person. A stupid, evil, clever person.

My avatar is hotter than yours

Name: "You're not using "your" correctly!"
Type of cough-up: misspelling
Description: At one point in the game, when examining Edgey's totaled car, Ema will say "Your supposed to know these things!" For some reason, this error only happens in a short time frame; most of the time, she correctly says "You're supposed to know these things!".

This one stuck out to me like the sound of nails on a chalkboard, because mixing up "your" and "you're" is a big pet peeve of mine :chinami:

The miracle finally happen...

Name: Where Kudo was sitting
Type of cough-up: Alternate Solution
Description: (I really need the diagram to explain this properly :igarashi: )

In the second trial Jean Armstrong testifies that there was a huge mirror in the middle of Tres Bien. According to the prosecution, the only place Victor Kudo would have been sitting would be at the table to the left of Glen Elg's (according to diagram), since Kudo would have seen his in the reflection.

HOWEVER when the mirror is drawn on the diagram it reaches to the MIDDLE of the table below Glen's. Therefore, Kudo could have been sitting there, as the mirror wouldn't have been long enough to obstruct his view. This would also explain how Kudo saw his HDM (or whatever it is) and his earpiece on his left side ; since from where he was sitting he could only see Glen's left side.

Like I said, I need a diagram to explain this properly :oops:

Psychotic Musician

I don't know if anyone added this or not. Too tired and lazy to go through every page.

Name: Costume Size?
Type of cough-up: Inconsistency (maybe?)
Description: After Phoenix and Maya retrieve the costume that Regina asked them to get, Maya tries it on. She says that it's not her size and Phoenix tells her that she should probably lay off the burgers. This means that the costume would be too small for her. However, when they give it back to Regina, she explains that it was Leon's. Lions are bigger than humans. So the costume that Maya tried on should have been too big for her, not too small. The only explanations I can think of are Leon was an itty, bitty lion or Phoenix made a mistake. Probably the latter.

Signature done by Panda Prinzessin :)

I'm no spoony bard, I'll have you know!

Spoiler: T&T: Case 5
You know, something occurred to me when I was playing this case.
When Maya's called to the stand, Godot says this:

Godot: You've been watching the whole thing, right? You've seen the witnesses come out and you've seen us squeeze the truth out of them.

Well, how is that possible if until that point, Maya was channeling Dahlia throughout the whole trial?
Maybe Maya's spirit was able to watch the trial when her body was possessed.
I still wonder, though.

HEARTC☆RE

Quote:
Maybe Maya's spirit was able to watch the trial when her body was possessed.

If that was possible, then Pearl would know why Morgan is in jail because of 2-2. Phoenix specifically asks Pearl to channel Mia at the end of 2-2 so that she doesn't see that her mother was an assistant to murder and conspired to blame Maya for it.

Also, if Pearl was SOMEHOW still able to see the trial in spirit form, she would have known that Morgan was a criminal, and would not help her out in 3-5.

Which basically means that because Pearl's spirit couldn't see the trial, neither could Maya. So your, 'cough up' is correct.

my heart is nuclear
love is all that I fear

I guess it's not really a mistake, per se, but something that really bothered me was the way Phoenix got Mimi (or was it Ini?) to confess in Justice For All. Near the end, they're talking about that accident that happened a year ago, and Phoenix "corners" her by pointing out the car was a British model, and thus the driver and passenger seats are switched. What bothers me is, Ini was supposed to be kind of a klutz, right? Couldn't she have just passed that off as a simple mistake of mixing up left and right? Not to mention the memory of the sudden painful experience might be a little warped. I dunno, I just thought that out of all the villains, that was a really lame way to get a confession. Edgeworth certainly would have objected to it and led the witness had he been the prosecutor (at least, Turnabout Sisters Edgeworth would have).

By the way, does anybody know how this played out in the Japanese version? Was it the same idea, except it was an American/German/Italian model so the driver's seat was on the left side?
The reason for my eagerness is my want to pursue the truth, and my want to believe in the strength of those who use the power of the law for good. As someone who has chosen to live my life as a prosecutor... that is my new creed.

Logic Chess wrote:
By the way, does anybody know how this played out in the Japanese version? Was it the same idea, except it was an American/German/Italian model so the driver's seat was on the left side?

Yes, it was an American car.

This is something that's always bothered me. In 1-3 it's said that the people in Studio 2 couldn't be connected to the murder because the path was blocked, but couldn't Phoenix have easily said that one of them could have walked through the woods to get around Mr. Monkey's head? I mean Cody had been wandering around the woods, so we know it's not impossible.
Signature by Purple Angel.

Case 3 is one big pile of WTF.
As stated above, nobody thinks of walking across grass? Why did nobody say the photo was useless, because you couldn't see who was wearing the costume? Why did nobody mention the other people at the studio the day of the crime? Especially Powers, whose life was at stake if he got convicted. Thank god I never played that case myself. I only read VGR's recap of it.
I don't know if it's been stated already, but I don't have the time or nerve to read through 50 pages of this.

Title: Non-Dominant VS Dominant
Case: Several (whenever hand-specific details are mentioned on a gun)
Statement: "[Person] could not have shot that pistol, because they are dominantly left/right-handed!"
Problem: I never trust this statement because it's just wrong. Shooting a pistol doesn't require any dominance for any hand - it's not rocket science what you do! All you need to shoot a gun, is a finger that can pull the trigger. Especially glaring in cases 1-4 and Edgeworth-4. (Or I-4... however it's shortened)

Title: Timeline Schmineline
Case: 3-5 "Bridge to the Turnabout"
Problem: The letter. It shouldn't exist in the way it does.
Spoiler: The letter
Morgan had no idea where her two eldest daughters were once her first husband disappeared with them, and said Morgan was imprionsed after case 2-2, cut-off from all means of outside news.
At that one visit of Pearl's, she says she wrote Pearl a letter before she was imprisoned - over a year ago. And that letters specifically states for her to go to Hazakurain, at that specific time, to summon Dahlia and let things work themselves.
But, Dahlia and Morgan hadn't met at all with each other until about a month or two (as stated by Dahlia), which was when that plan with her channeling was planned. So, how did Morgan (and her letter) know a year in advance that she'd meet her older daughter in jail, at that time, that her execution was to happen soon and it could work out that way?

C-A

Last edited by CatMuto on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Title: Selective Memory Problems
Case: 1-4, Turnabout Goodbyes
Problem: The caretaker's "state of mind"

Spoiler:
At the very beginning of the caretaker's story, he says he can't remember his name. The judge calls on that and von Karma explains he cannot remember anything that happened during the past years, but he could testify because the incident with Hammond had only happened three days ago.

Okay, fast-forward to the third day, when Phoenix is sure that the caretaker is Yanni Yogi and tries to strike down the old man's allegations about his memory by taking his fingerprints. Then, von Karma tells Phoenix that the "witness has no fingerprints".

Immediately, Yogi says that before working at the boat rental shop, he used to work at a chemical plant and burned his fingers there.

AT THAT MOMENT, PHOENIX COULD'VE WON THE CASE AND SPARED HIMSELF FROM THE SHAME OF CROSS-EXAMINING A PARROT. Why?

It is implied that Yogi had owned the boat shop for a long time. So, if what von Karma said at the second day about him not remembering ANY past events, then Yogi would not be able to remember how he burned his fingers.

Well Phoenix, at least you managed to win in the end.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet...

Title: Where the hood at?
Problem: The white hood at the Inner Temple
Spoiler: The Hood
It's several times stated and shown that when Dahlia was at the Inner Temple, she was wearing her white hood. We even see Misty's corpse swinging, wearing the hood. But when we later see the still of Godot about to stab Dahlia, we quite clearly see the hair outline... did it fall off during the struggle, but was later put back on?

Title: Lightning
Problem: Time
Spoiler: According to Iris,
she was in her room and got a call around 10:30 PM, telling her to come to the Inner Temple. She says she used the snowmobile - it's been said several times that via snowmobile, it takes only 5 minutes to get to Dusky Bridge. So she would've arrived there at 10:35 - 10:40, before the lightning set the bridge on fire. Yet she says when she arrived there, it was already burning.

C-A

I don't know if someone's said this or not, but

Name: Wasn't he empty handed?
Type of cough-up: Inconsistency
Description: In the second day of the trial, Will Powers testifies as to seeing the suspicious bellboy leave Corrida's room, and go to Engarde's. A major part of this testimony is Powers thinking it's strange the bellboy was empty handed. However, in his next testimony, Powers claims immediately after leaving Corrida's room, the bellboy gave the bear figurine to Engarde. It's not like that uniform had big pockets or anything, was he empty handed or not?

The two rooms were across from each other, so perhaps when Killer came out and moved, he held the bear figurine in the hand that was obscured by Will's vision?

C-A

I'm not sure. Powers seemed very confident the bellboy was empty handed. And if he'd managed to keep the bear at that one side the whole time, it would've likely been intentional. Unless he shut the door without turning around, or switched the bear between hands if he had. If he'd done that, it would've meant he thought someone was watching from that side, and he didn't seem to know Powers was spying.

Spoon tastes like fork

Title: Crucial evidence? Nope.
Case: Movie

When I saw the movie, I noticed that Lotta's pictures actually show that the person who shot the gun falls of the boat. Von Karma proved Nick's case right there.

Why does the hair look CG?

C-A

This is something that bothered me while I played through this Case, but I kind of forgot about it again until recently.

Name: the ID-Number
Case: 1-5 "Rise from the Ashes"
Item: the Lost Item report half-filled out by Detective Goodman
Problem: This guy has been a detective for at least two years, if not longer and everybody says he's good at keeping his stuff together. And yet, when his super important ID Card gets stolen from him and he has to fill out said Lost Item report, he can't remember his own ID number?
I mean, I knew that number after hearing it 3 times. How come he couldn't remember it?

Title: What now?
Case: DL-6 in General
Problem: Inconsistent Story
Spoiler: The problem with the 'story' of DL-6
Upon first hearing in 1-2 about the DL-6 case, we are told the following. There was a murder. And since the police had no idea who a possible suspect was, they decided to call in the Spirit Medium Misty to summon the victim. We are told that she failed at summoning said victim.

But in 1-4, we are told a slightly different variation.
There was the murder and the police hired Misty to summon the victim. She succeeded in summoning the victim! Following the victim/medium's words, they arrested somebody and he was aquitted due to temporary insanity.

So what now?
Was Misty capable of summoning Gregory Edgeworth or did she fail?

Speaking of DL-6.... how come Yogi wasn't immediatly taken in as a possible suspect? I'm not somebody who says suspect children instantly, but everybody kept saying that "the suspect taken in was the only one who could've killed Gregory Edgeworth", so if that's the case, why did the police even have to ask a Spirit Medium for any type of help?

I read all 52 pages of this thread and this has not been talked about yet!

Name: Fingerprints
Case: 3-5 (This is the worst case with tons of Cough Ups...)
Item: The Victim's Staff
Problem: Upon examining Elise's staff, you learn from Gumshoe that the only fingerprints found on it were the Victim's - Elise Deauxnim.
Spoiler: However
Godot's prints must be on it, cause he wielded it to stab her and he wasn't wearing gloves. Iris' must be on it as well, cause she pulled it out of the corpse. Now, maybe I dimly remember it being mentioned that Iris wiped the staff off, but.... well, are you saying that Iris took the corpse into the courtyard, pulled the staff-blade out, wiped the blood off, wiped the staff off and then proceeded to place the staff into the victim's hands before throwing it aside and then stabbing her with the Shichishito?

Name: When do you count as 'dead'?
Case: 3-5
Item: Autopsy Report
Problem: According to the report, Elise Deauxnim died of 'blood loss from a stab in the back'. And that she fell 10 feet post-mortem, ie. after she was dead.
Spoiler: The problem with that is...
that afterwards, it's repeatedly stated that having left the actual murder weapon (the cane-sword) in the stabbing wound has kept the blood from leaving the body. This leaves no blood evidence at the original crime scene.

However, if she died of blood loss, that must mean that a considerable amount of blood flowed out of the wound for her to die from it before she was swung across Dusky Bridge and went off too high and ended up falling those 10 feet.

So does this mean that, until she reached the courtyard and the cane-sword was pulled out of her wound and the Shichishito was put in as a substitution, 'unplugging' the wound and making it bigger, Elise was theoretically still alive?

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
This is something that bothered me while I played through this Case, but I kind of forgot about it again until recently.

Name: the ID-Number
Item: the Lost Item report half-filled out by Detective Goodman
Problem: This guy has been a detective for at least two years, if not longer and everybody says he's good at keeping his stuff together. And yet, when his super important ID Card gets stolen from him and he has to fill out said Lost Item report, he can't remember his own ID number?
I mean, I knew that number after hearing it 3 times. How come he couldn't remember it?

C-A

He needed the evidence transferred that day. He probably started the lost item report, but then concluded that it would have taken too long for it to be processed. Because we all know how efficient the police are. Speaking of that case,

Name: He still had his knife
Type of cough-up: Why didn't you just...
Problem:
Spoiler:
Angel states that the SL-9 investigation lasted six months. No decisive evidence was found during the investigation. Yet no one bothered to search Darke for his knife. You know, the murder weapon for four of the five murders. Would have saved everyone a hell lot of trouble.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Wasn't SL-9 specifically the case for Neil Marshall's death?
They had Darke's knife in evidence, so when they used that and saw that the wound and blade didn't fit together, what did it bother them? It had nothing to do with Marshall's death.
But then I have only played that case once and that's been a while... I was thinking of replaying it.

Name: Incapable of "revenge"?
Case: 3-5
About: Godot and his goal/"revenge"
Spoiler: Problem with this
When Godot awoke from his poison-coma, his life crumbled. The woman he liked was dead and her murderer was behind bars. He also says that he was incapable of doing anything about Dahlia, because she was already dealt with, too.

But according to Edgeworth, Dahlia's death sentence was carried out one month prior to Case 3-5 (February)
Now if that is true, she was still alive when he awoke. Yes, she was imprisoned, but he could've still gone to the Detention Center and had a talk with her.
Even if it was just spitting into her face (or at the glass, rather), he could've talked to her. I don't remember what time Case 2-3 takes place (September?) but that would've given him more than enough time to visit Dahlia and talk or get rid of his pent-up anger towards her in some way.

C-A

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmm, I was gonna replay that case soon, anyway. Perhaps I misunderstood or simply missed something.

Name: Unpunished or not?
Case: Mentioned in 1-5 and 1-2
Term: Justifiable/Justified Self-Defense
Problem: In 1-2, when Franziska says that she will have Phoenix (and Maya) practically screaming for "Justified Self-Defense" Phoenix says that the punishment for justified self-defense isn't as bad as having committed outright murder. Now, in 1-5, when talking about Ema having killed Marshall - Phoenix tells Lana that, if it had come out, Ema wouldn't have received any punishment because it was also justified self-defense.
Is this just an inconsistency since 1-5 was created later and was given one-time-only real-life-law rules in it or just something the writer's goofed up on?

C-A

<3

CatMuto wrote:
Phoenix says that the punishment for justified self-defense isn't as bad as having committed outright murder.

After reviewing that section...

Phoenix's actual wording is 'Because to plea "justified self-defense" is to say you did kill someone'/'After the trial, Maya's life would be destroyed and she'd be labelled as a "murderer"...I can't let that happen!'

From this I'd infer that he'd never believe Maya could kill somebody even in justified self-defense, and that because he believes it so strongly, he feels he must protect her image. He doesn't want her to be 'labelled'. He doesn't want anyone to believe she's the kind of person that could kill another person in any circumstance, most of all, Maya herself, because she was convinced she'd done it and expressed deep regret and sadness, and he didn't want her to go on that way.

Realistically there may have been no legal consequence and it would've been much wiser to go for justified self-defense given the circumstances, but he was especially concerned for Maya and protecting her, to a definite fault.

Honestly though that whole case is absurd to me. The court accepts that spiritual possession is possible, but they insist on holding the helpless medium responsible?

Chalk it up to in-game stupidity so we actually have a case to play I guess.

I've felt worse.

Heart Scope wrote:
Honestly though that whole case is absurd to me. The court accepts that spiritual possession is possible, but they insist on holding the helpless medium responsible?

Chalk it up to in-game stupidity so we actually have a case to play I guess.

Now that I remember, in 2-2, the judge accepts that spirit channeling is real. Yet in 3-5
Spoiler:
just before Dahlia drops the facade, the judge says that, and I quote:
"No judge in his right mind would consider the idea of spirit channeling, and..."

Need. Explanation. Now.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Erm the only explanation I can think up is that the Judge says at one point that he treats each case as separate. Something like each case happens in its own world... so I guess whatever facts he may have learned from previous cases he disregards in future ones? That's so Udgey to me :gant:

Quote:
just before Dahlia drops the facade, the judge says that, and I quote:
"No judge in his right mind would consider the idea of spirit channeling, and..."

....I'm just going to let that stand there on its own, considering the entire premise of this court.

Quote:
Realistically there may have been no legal consequence and it would've been much wiser to go for justified self-defense given the circumstances

But that's idiotic!
Even if you actually do kill someone in absolute self-defense in real life, you will get legal consequences - and that means Prison time. I don't know for how long, but not as much as if you had outright killed someone. So saying that there would've been no consequences is wrong - and I mean that for real life law as well as AA law.

C-A

<3

That statement was made in response to the point that you raised:

Spoiler:
Phoenix tells Lana that, if it had come out, Ema wouldn't have received any punishment because it was also justified self-defense.

I'm not saying that I agree that there should be no legal consequence for justified self-defense (real life law or AA law), but the point above makes it seem as though at least in AA law, justified self-defense doesn't receive punishment. I believe this instance with Ema is the only part where he outright says 'there's no punishment for justified self-defense', so I'm taking that to be true for AA law and applying it to 2-2.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
But that's idiotic!
Even if you actually do kill someone in absolute self-defense in real life, you will get legal consequences - and that means Prison time. I don't know for how long, but not as much as if you had outright killed someone. So saying that there would've been no consequences is wrong - and I mean that for real life law as well as AA law.

C-A

This is AA law we're talking about. The same law where parrots, radio transceivers, and dead people can testify in court.

Uh, this isn't really a Cough Up, just something I noticed as I was replaying 2-4 right now.
The morning after the murder, Pearl says that she has no one left in the world - theoretically, this is false as her mom is alive, just incapable of being with her. Anyhow, she says that her father... 'left her mother and the village'.

Now, we know that Morgan's first husband did that because Morgan did not obtain the Master Title and hence her husband was not the most influential man in Kurain - although women are the most important ones, I suppose the husband of the Master would be influential.

But what about Morgan's second husband - Pearl's father?
Why did he leave? Was it also because his wife was not the Master of Kurain? Or did he simply leave because men are so unimportant in Kurain? Or even because he knew and saw how Morgan was fawning over Pearl, making her do things and basically abusing her to get to her (Morgan's) goals - and he left cause he didn't want to have any part in it?

And in 2-4, how come Nick didn't get suspicious that Matt was suddenly so into Nick being his lawyer as soon as he heard the name De Killer? Then again, this is Nick we're talking about.... Speaking of 2-4...

Name: The Search
Case: 2-4
Item: Suicide Note
Problem: Fingerprints?
Details: In a later part of Case 2-4, when talking to Adrian, she tells you about Matt and Juan. She says that, when she entered Juan's room and saw he was dead, she knew what had happened. And then she began to 'frantically search for Celeste's suicide note'.... now, when frantically searching for something, you aren't very careful. Wouldn't that mean that the room would have been in even more disarray, the pile of bear presents thrown all over the place and her fringerprints would be all over the room?

C-A

I've felt worse.

ImageImage
This case took place a month after the actual crime, right? If so, then why is the police tape still there, and why is the magazine with MC Bomber written on it still there? And seeing how Armstrong instantly recruited Maya to be a waitress, and Phoenix ordered a meal from there, I'm assuming the restaurant is still open.

Another thing about the Magatama:
Spoiler:
ImageIS THERE A SOUL TRAPPED INSIDE IT?
But aside from that, the life meter in the second and third games is the same from both in court and using the magatama. Meaning you can have a 50% penalty before the trial started.
And considering that the life meter represents Phoenix's "soul" when using the magatama, does the same apply when being penalized?

Case: 1-2
Item: Photograph of Redd White
Problem: ....*shrug*
Detail: When going into Grossberg's office and seeing the two photos on his desk, both are labelled as being Exhibits from the DL-6 Case. One of the photos is of Redd White and he never had anything directly to do with DL-6, so why is his photo labelled as Exhibit B from the DL-6 Case? Is it just a reminder of Grossberg to himself? Or is it just an inconcistency, maybe the game developers hadn't fully figured out the details about DL-6 yet?

Oh and somebody just plain.... explain Redd White's office?! What's with the decorations? What the fuck kind of design is that for a desk? Is this just to show his eccentricity (I doubt that, nobody else had to have a house looking that whacky to prove it) or can we safely assume that Redd White is the one guy in AA who is officially labelled as gay? Or at least loving the d***s?

sumguy, it's likely that the restaurant had so little business to begin with that having one table marked off with police tape wouldn't bother the few customers still coming. Or it's just hope on Armstrong's side that by hiring somebody, he'll get customers again.
As for the magatama thing.... yes?

C-A

Case 3-1
Problem Contradiction not noticed
Detail At one point, Dahlia mentions that it was 'Thunder and Lightning' and Mia comes up with the theory that Doug Swallow was not murdered, but simply died due to a stray lightning bolt. Payne then rebutes it by saying that he got a report stating that there was not a single lightning strike on that day.
And nobody seems to mention that Dahlia had just lied on the stand again?

Granted, this could be said it's because the men are still under Dahlia's spell, but.... come on. :eh?:

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Case 3-1
Problem Contradiction not noticed
Detail At one point, Dahlia mentions that it was 'Thunder and Lightning' and Mia comes up with the theory that Doug Swallow was not murdered, but simply died due to a stray lightning bolt. Payne then rebutes it by saying that he got a report stating that there was not a single lightning strike on that day.
And nobody seems to mention that Dahlia had just lied on the stand again?

Granted, this could be said it's because the men are still under Dahlia's spell, but.... come on. :eh?:

C-A

Someone needs to upload a script to Court Records. It would make this job a hell lot easier.
Anyway, here's the full quote:
Quote:
Dahlia: I know the reason why I didn’t hear the noise.
You see, the truth is…
I had my headphones on, and I was listening to music at the time.
Payne: H-H-Headphones…? You mean that both of your ears were covered?
Dahlia: The rain was just beginning to let up…
But it seemed as though Thor wasn’t ready for his fun to come to an end yet.
So the sky continued to flash and rumble.
Mia: Thunder and lightning, huh…
Dahlia: Yes, I’m afraid of the sound of thunder.
So I put my headphones on to block it out…
Payne: Hee, hee, hee, hee… Well, Your Honor?
As you can see, there weren’t any contradictions in her testimony after all.
Judge: Hmm…
Mia: (Wait a sec, Mia! That testimony just now…)(She said something that could totally change this whole case!)
Player: There was lightning.
Mia: *slams desk* Your honor! There is a problem with the witness’s testimony!
Judge: Wh-What do you mean!?
Mia: Didn’t you notice? She said there was lightning, correct?
Judge: Yes… What about it?
Mia: Well, lightning is actually a large discharge of electricity in the atmosphere, am I right?
Judge: Now’s not the time for a science lesson, Ms. Fey!
Mia: Yes, Your Honor. Anyway, since the cause of death was electrocution…
…isn’t it possible that the victim died from being hit by a bolt of lightning!?
Judge: Oh!
Payne: Ah!
Dahlia: ...
*crowd argues* *Judge slams gavel*
Judge: Hmm… I must admit that the thought had not occurred to me!
Mia: (Just what kind of thoughts DO occur to this guy anyway?)
*slams desk* This entire case is built on the entire premise that Mr. Doug Swallow was “murdered”…
…but that very premise itself is mistaken!
The defense believes that Mr. Swallow was, in fact, the victim of a stray bolt!
*crowd argues* *Judge slams gavel three times*
Judge: I-It appears the defense may be on to something!
Could it be that the death was actually accidental?
Mia: (Alright, you did it, Mia!)
(I’ll be taking that “Not Guilty” now if you don’t--)

Payne: OBJECTION! *does hair thing* Hee, hee, hee, hee, hee…
I’m hurt that you have such a low opinion of me, Ms. Fey.
Mia: Huh…?
Payne: I’m not a fool, you know. The prosecution has done its research, Your Honor.
We found that there were no lightning strikes on that day at that location!
Mia: Whaaa!?

Note the words "at that location!" From that, I'm assuming that Payne took witness statements from the people around that area to see if Doug was struck by lightning. Note that lighting can strike as far as 10 miles (or 16 kilometers) for one to hear thunder.

Name: Standing There With Your Thumb Up Your Ass
Case: 1-5
Problem: Time Gap
Detail: Angel's testimony goes like this. She sees Lana stab Goodman. Sees her go behind the partition wall to try and use the emergency phone. Emergency phone does not work, so Lana uses her own phone. Angel apprehends Lana.
As we learn, there's about a 5 minute gap between the stabbing (at 5:15 PM) and the apprehension (approx. 5:20 PM) that happens when Lana attempts to use the Emergency phone/wanting to try to use her own phone. So what exactly did Angel do at that point?
She's a trained detective - out of her police profession, but still likely active - so she's quite used to quick thinking and acting. But did she really just stand in that security area, watch as Goodman was stabbed, Lana goes behind the wall and tries to use the broken phone and then finally decides to move, with the detour that took those 5 minutes? Having seen the stabbing, she should've had known to move immediately.

Actually, same case, same person, another Cough Up.
If Angel didn't start to move until Lana moved behind the wall and to the broken phone, how come the picture she took of Lana is of her standing in front of the trunk?

Name: No Blood
Problem: No Blood!
Detail: The picture of Lana taken from behind the chain link fence. It's after the stabbing, given the bloodstains on her jacket but before Angel apprehends her. Angel says that Lana knocked over an oil drum full of water during the apprehension to wash away the blood from the crime scene... the photo shows that there is no blood at the scene! Nobody seems to notice that at all!

C-A

I've felt worse.

What near-perfectly convenient timing. I just reached this part.
CatMuto wrote:
Name: Standing There With Your Thumb Up Your Ass
Problem: Time Gap
Detail: Angel's testimony goes like this. She sees Lana stab Goodman. Sees her go behind the partition wall to try and use the emergency phone. Emergency phone does not work, so Lana uses her own phone. Angel apprehends Lana.
As we learn, there's about a 5 minute gap between the stabbing (at 5:15 PM) and the apprehension (approx. 5:20 PM) that happens when Lana attempts to use the Emergency phone/wanting to try to use her own phone. So what exactly did Angel do at that point?
She's a trained detective - out of her police profession, but still likely active - so she's quite used to quick thinking and acting. But did she really just stand in that security area, watch as Goodman was stabbed, Lana goes behind the wall and tries to use the broken phone and then finally decides to move, with the detour that took those 5 minutes? Having seen the stabbing, she should've had known to move immediately.

Take a look at the floor plans again.
My interpretation is that she saw the stabbing, immediately ran to the door, found out it was locked, ran back to the security room on the way to the other door, took a look and saw Lana using her cell phone behind the partition then ran to B Block. And before you ask, no, she never specifically said she saw the stabbing and the phone call directly one after another. Check it yourself, I'm tired of cutting and pasting quotes to clean up your mess.
CatMuto wrote:
Actually, same case, same person, another Cough Up.
If Angel didn't start to move until Lana moved behind the wall and to the broken phone, how come the picture she took of Lana is of her standing in front of the trunk?

True, she already moved behind the wall, but she has yet to move Goodman's body. You know, the whole reason she's there. And that picture was taken five minutes after she moved behind the partition.
CatMuto wrote:
Name: No Blood
Problem: No Blood!
Detail: The picture of Lana taken from behind the chain link fence. It's after the stabbing, given the bloodstains on her jacket but before Angel apprehends her. Angel says that Lana knocked over an oil drum full of water during the apprehension to wash away the blood from the crime scene... the photo shows that there is no blood at the scene! Nobody seems to notice that at all!

C-A

Take a look where the blood is:
Now take a look at what the photo shows:
From that angle, the blood would have been directly behind that car, making it impossible to be seen. Obligatory scientifically speaking goes here.

sumguy28 wrote:
From that angle, the blood would have been directly behind that car, making it impossible to be seen. Obligatory scientifically speaking goes here.

Yeah those few little drops... woot, everybody knows that a stabbing would result in a ton more blood on the scene. If Lana had really killed Goodman there with the stab, there would have been more blood - and enough blood visible in that photo. I stand by it, that photo shows no blood although it should.
The crime scene was somewhere else... although that makes me think of something else.

Schmurf: Case 1-5, Blood at Crime Scene
Detail: The actual crime scene was the evidence locker, we know that. Said evidence locker has a lot of blood on the floor, true. But anybody who knows even a little bit about stabbings knows that the most blood from a stabbing wound isn't from plunging the damn thing in, it's taking the weapon out. (As mentioned in 3-5)
Lana says that the knife was still stuck in Goodman's chest when she found him in the trunk.
Why is there so much blood in the evidence locker?
Since the weapon wasn't removed from the wound, it acted as a plug and kept majority of the blood still inside the body. And even with the fight that Meekins and the other guy had in the locker later, there shouldn't be that much blood from the cut that Meekins got.
Opposite end, why is there so little blood at the parking garage?
As mentioned, the knife was still stuck in the wound, so Lana removed it in the parking garage which should have gushed with a lot more blood at that point. And yet there's so little blood left.

And how come the background tape looks like Goodman's corpse was falling/leaning out of the trunk when Angel's pictures obviously show it draped horizontally in the trunk? This whole case is a pile of Doesn't Make Sense.
First thing they get wrong is, first mentioned of CoD is a stab in the stomach but afterwards everybody says it's the chest. They can't even get one thing right in this case...

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Yeah those few little drops... woot, everybody knows that a stabbing would result in a ton more blood on the scene. If Lana had really killed Goodman there with the stab, there would have been more blood - and enough blood visible in that photo. I stand by it, that photo shows no blood although it should.
The crime scene was somewhere else... although that makes me think of something else.

You do realize that the "little blood" was the entire point of that scene:
Quote:
Phoenix: But wouldn't the police have already done those tests?
Ema: Never trust anyone's eyes but your own, Mr. Wright!

And Cat, you really need to let go of the notion that the police are the almighty justice keepers who are actively looking for the truth. At least, that's what your other posts seemed to imply.
Quote:
Phoenix: The perpetrator and Detective Goodman fought here, right?
Don't you think there'd be a little more blood?
Ema: I definitely think so!
I mean...
Look at all the blood on the sole of the victim's shoe!
Phoenix:(It's strange!)
(If they fought here, there'd have to be more bloodstains than this.)

By the way, if you hadn't noticed yet, Goodman's corpse was stabbed while he was inside the car. Meaning that most of the blood would be found inside.
And if your wondering where the blood is that landed outside the car, look at the above pics again, and tell me you seriously cannot deduce that the blood would have appeared:
there.
CatMuto wrote:
Schmurf: Case 1-5, Blood at Crime Scene
Detail: The actual crime scene was the evidence locker, we know that. Said evidence locker has a lot of blood on the floor, true. But anybody who knows even a little bit about stabbings knows that the most blood from a stabbing wound isn't from plunging the damn thing in, it's taking the weapon out. (As mentioned in 3-5)
Lana says that the knife was still stuck in Goodman's chest when she found him in the trunk.
Why is there so much blood in the evidence locker?
Since the weapon wasn't removed from the wound, it acted as a plug and kept majority of the blood still inside the body. And even with the fight that Meekins and the other guy had in the locker later, there shouldn't be that much blood from the cut that Meekins got.

If you were to stab someone with a perfectly straight blade, the blood would remain inside. Now try stabbing someone with this:
and tell me that blood wouldn't have been able to escape an uneven wound.
CatMuto wrote:
Opposite end, why is there so little blood at the parking garage?
As mentioned, the knife was still stuck in the wound, so Lana removed it in the parking garage which should have gushed with a lot more blood at that point. And yet there's so little blood left.

As also mentioned above, it's inside the car.
CatMuto wrote:
And how come the background tape looks like Goodman's corpse was falling/leaning out of the trunk when Angel's pictures obviously show it draped horizontally in the trunk? This whole case is a pile of Doesn't Make Sense.
First thing they get wrong is, first mentioned of CoD is a stab in the stomach but afterwards everybody says it's the chest. They can't even get one thing right in this case...

C-A

Angel used to be a detective. Even if she knows not to touch the body, she still would have tried to search for evidence in the short span she had before the police showed up while still restraining Lana.

The only mention of a stomach wound was by Lana:
Quote:
Lana: Death was due to a loss of blood. He was stabbed once in the stomach.

That was near the beginning of the case. At that point, Lana was trying to mislead Phoenix into not taking that case.
Did you even look at the scripts I posted the link to earlier?
Actually this case is a pile of "You can't connect the dots, so I must do it for you".

Quote:
That was near the beginning of the case. At that point, Lana was trying to mislead Phoenix into not taking that case.

You do realize that it doesn't matter what the cause of death is to avoid an attorney taking your case? :yuusaku:

And it's just a good sign that either Lana doesn't know how Goodman actually died, dumb since it was obvious, or that the developers didn't pay attention to the script, which you like to quote.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

You do realize that it doesn't matter what the cause of death is to avoid an attorney taking your case? :yuusaku:

And it's just a good sign that either Lana doesn't know how Goodman actually died, dumb since it was obvious, or that the developers didn't pay attention to the script, which you like to quote.

C-A

Think about it this way. Lana claims that the victim was stabbed in the stomach. The police have an autopsy that proves he was stabbed in the chest. Tell me, how are most criminals convicted here? Contradictions. This lie only makes her look more guilty, which was exactly what she wanted.

And let me tell you, those developers certainly paid a hell lot more attention to the scripts than you ever did. Otherwise I wouldn't be quoting it so many damn times to correct your foggy memory.

sumguy28 wrote:
Think about it this way. Lana claims that the victim was stabbed in the stomach. The police have an autopsy that proves he was stabbed in the chest. Tell me, how are most criminals convicted here? Contradictions. This lie only makes her look more guilty, which was exactly what she wanted.

And let me tell you, those developers certainly paid a hell lot more attention to the scripts than you ever did. Otherwise I wouldn't be quoting it so many damn times to correct your foggy memory.

Oh yeah a murderer contradicting himself on how he killed somebody is definitely gonna get him convicted better than a murderer who flat-out confesses their crime. :yuusaku:

And if they paid so much hell attention to the Script, why do they even have typos in it? Like the Prosecutor's Office instead of Prosecutors' Office unless there's only one prosecutor who has an office in that entire building. Or that idiotic idea of how Gant can't talk about the murder in the evidence locker unless proven that there's a connection between the Evidence Locker and the Parking Garage murder?
Come on, the file both says the same guy got killed, I'd say that proves a connection! Screw that entire part where Phoenix has to go fishing in Gant's testimony over this huge and only connection to SL-9 and hence the Evidence Locker murder by presenting the knife.

C-A
Page 52 of 60 [ 2372 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 60  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby