Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 10 posts ]

About MiaMaya and MiaPearl (GS3 and GS2 spoilers, I guess)Topic%20Title

I've been pondering this question for a while now, it may be that I haven't particularly paid attention to this in the game but...

Does anyone besides Phoenix know the presence of Mia when she is in Maya or Pearl's body? I find this odd, because I've never heard that any PW has said that "Nice to see you again, Mia" or "Whoa, What are you doing here?!" or "What happened to your breasts" (I guess a pervert would point out that Dr? Hotti )....

I remember two points in the games that hints of Mia's presence:
1. Penny Nicholls in case 1-3: When you meet her once again in Studio Two, she says to Mia (in Maya's body) that she looks different now. Mia just replies that it's nothing, she is still Maya.
2. Edgey-boy: I *guess* it's case 2-4, when Edgey makes his epic return in the court, he pays some words of respect to "Fey" (Mia is in Pearls body), hinting that Edgey knows the presence of Mia.
I consider these moments to be so few that I cannot think everybody sees Mia like we do. Or maybe the game doesn't simply capture those moments? Mia Fey

I've also been examined through the cases of GS3 lately. I've wanted to know if Godot makes any contact with Mia? Because I thought if Godot wanted to such a hero so he had to to "that" to save Maya, to prove that he can also save Mia. Mia could've at least stopped him someway by just talking to him. And since both of them were lovers in good ol' days, did Mia tell him about her medium roots at all?

Might the possibility be that the power of channeling infamily spirits top-secret? Or maybe everybody in the world of PW just knows about The Kurain magic powers? I would consider it to be rather taboo to see a murdered good ol' friend again.

I'm clueless and my english is not very good. Meekins I hope this wasn't a stupid question.
Re: About MiaMaya and MiaPearl (GS3 and GS2 spoilers, I guess)Topic%20Title

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Actually, I think it might be as much a matter of the writers not wanting that gag to get old as anything. If everyone they ran into was like, "WHOA, MAYA, WHERE'D YOU GET THE TATAS!?" we'd get sick of it pretty fast. And since each case has a (mostly) new cast, they might just not recognize the change between Mia and Maya right away.

It's just one of those things that would be too hard to present in a logical way, so...they don't try...? Yuusaku

Quote:
I've wanted to know if Godot makes any contact with Mia? Because I thought if Godot wanted to such a hero so he had to to "that" to save Maya, to prove that he can also save Mia. Mia could've at least stopped him someway by just talking to him. And since both of them were lovers in good ol' days, did Mia tell him about her medium roots at all?

They don't seem to have any meaningful contact (not any I remember well, anyway...), which is something I always felt was a little off about the third game. Godot spends so much time trying to get revenge for Mia's sake, but...she's right there the entire time. He could have gotten the story from her anytime he wanted. Just goes to show he's more focused on his personal revenge/redemption fantasy than actually carrying out any wish of Mia's.

But he had to have known she could channel spirits, if not when they were together, then certainly by the time he appears in GS3. They make a point to say he studied the 2-2 case, after all. He knew all about what the Fey's could do.
ImageImage
Re: About MiaMaya and MiaPearl (GS3 and GS2 spoilers, I guesTopic%20Title

俺の黄金の魔女

I seem to recall there being some mention of the fact that Maya looks different as Mia. I'm pretty sure it was in 1-3? (Err, someone besides Penny) Oh, and in 3-3! Igarashi dismisses Maya as "just a kid" when Phoenix drags her to help him pump for information, but the old fart definitely responds to Mia-in-Maya's body.

In any case, I think the reason more people don't point it out is that it usually takes place in court, where the only person that would have a chance to mention it is Phoenix.

Spoiler: GS3
As for the Godot thing, it kinda made sense to me. I'm still in the middle of 3-5, but prior to that there hasn't been an instance where it seems like Mia has recognized Godot--though he definitely recognized her back in 3-2. And even if he knows she can be channeled, as Croik pointed out, his revenge is almost more about himself than it is about her. Talking to her while she's being channeled by someone else might give him closure, but that's really the last thing he wants right now.

I'll know more once I finish the game, though. Godot

Last edited by musouka on Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WAKE UP, EDGEY-POO!!

Location: Galloping in Hyrule Field(on the back of my lovely Epona)

Yeah, I found that strange.(I love your signature, Hapiness punch)
Most of all, at the end of GS1 case 2, when Mia tells to the Judge "Case close, Your Honor", this fool didn't notice that wasn't Maya(I can't imagine her talking to the judge like that)
Maya: It would be good to see you with the new actor, Matt Engarde.
Phoenix: (What?! The Nickel Samurai speaks French?!... No, Engarde, the actor, of course.

Gee, thanks for the details, especially for the thing about Godot. I sure adore you people who know Japanese Sadshoe

Spoiler:
Sure the thing about Godot's reason for the incident 3-5 is just complicated yet crazy and could have been stopped before it happened. Talk about a love story and some crazy thoughts of the writers of Gs3

Yet, I think that whole Mia thing is plot-holish, still.

Your victory is inevitable, Mr. Justice

Happiness Punch! wrote:
1. Penny Nicholls in case 1-3: When you meet her once again in Studio Two, she says to Mia (in Maya's body) that she looks different now. Mia just replies that it's nothing, she is still Maya.
Cody also has a completely different response to Mia than Maya. I suppose that would be because 1-3 was the first time Maya channelled Mia.

Master of sharp things!

From the first game: Penny Nickols, Cody and Will Powers all notice a change in Mia in 1-3. I think Edgeworth noticed as well in 1-4. From the second game, of course the entire second case revolves around it, so I'd say quite a lot of people. Not sure about the third game.

未来の遂行者

I think everyone can see it but most peoples don't realise it when Maya become Mia becose:
a) They tell themselfs that its just there mind playing tricks or
b) Mia and Maya, being sisters, are relatively similar and someone that don't know them much may (possibly) confuse the two.

Of course, Pearls becoming Maya is another story...

Hi

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
I think Edgeworth noticed as well in 1-4.

Impossible. Maya never channels Mia in 1-4. Lana

Bitter Old Man

Franziska seemed to indicate she knew it was Mia in 2-2 (or was it 2-3 "You're in good "spirits" today Ms Fey"). Or at the very least she knew it wasn't Maya. But given it was Franziska I'm sure she would have known enough about Phoenix and co to put 2 and 2 together.
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby