Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 22 of 23[ 919 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Re: Headcanon for the series?Topic%20Title

Now I'm squirming thinking about all of Kristoph'a missed potential. What if he actually cared about Apollo as a disciple? 4-4 would've been so much more interesting

Happy Maria

It would've been a totally different game though before he would Crack. But they only had one game,sadly

The video game boy; the one who wins

JesusMonroe: Indeed. I'm also curious about how he really felt about Klavier and Phoenix (despite the nature of his and Phoenix' friendship/"friendship" I still got the impression they enjoyed hanging out together). On the other hand, getting to guess about Kristoph to that extent makes him a highly intriguing character, I think. (And I think he cared about Apollo, at least to some extent)
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

the Rock Pokemon

Now that Edgeworth is the Chief Prosecutor and therefore rarely handles cases personally anymore, he doesn't really need Gumshoe's help much. And now that Ema has been assigned to Nahyuta, that leaves an opening. So Gumshoe now works under Klavier.

In that case, I bet Klavier is nicer to Gumshoe than Edgey was. :sadshoe: :klavier:

Nerd Processor

Going for Miles wrote:
In that case, I bet Klavier is nicer to Gumshoe than Edgey was. :sadshoe: :klavier:

I'd actually really like to see how that dynamic would work... Although I don't think Gumshoe's aim to always please would keep Klavier's ego in check. :godot:
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Hahaha. They could be a match made in heaven for each other, but maybe not for those around them :klavier:

Happy Maria

...Gumshoe was the detective for Magnifi's murder,and Klavier wasn't exactly very nice to him then.

[Whip the cream!]

Perhaps he's matured.

I read it as "Gumshoe was behind Magnifi's murder" and I thought "how did you reach that conclusion?"
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

the Rock Pokemon

Yeah but at that time Klavier was just starting his prosecuting career, and so had probably only met Gumshoe for the first time when they were assigned to the case. It's not hard to imagine that he could have been expecting a much more competent investigation (sorry Gumshoe) and was annoyed because of it.

Here are a couple more I thought of:

Phoenix's phone:
Phoenix actually figured out how to change the Steel Samurai ringtone on his phone long ago, but chose not to because he likes having a reminder of Maya with him all the time. (We know he carries that locket with Trucy’s picture for the same reason, so I thought this would make sense.)

Charley:
The reason Mia loved Charley so much was that it was the last thing Diego had ever given her.

I am realizing that I sorta headcanon Apollo as a smoker, at the very least an occassional one, like at parties and such. I think that thought grew from the off-hand comment in 6-5
Spoiler: 6-5
when Armie talked about being scared of fire and cigarettes and Apollo thought "the things I take for granted".

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Though it's obvious to the average player that the Fey clan is entirely based on Japanese myth and culture, most notably traditions from Shintoism, every time I take a look at them from the localized versions of the games, I can't help but imagine the Feys as actually Chinese-ish. And with SoJ, the theory perpetuates further.

Granted, Khura'in is more a mix of East Asian cultures, but much of its design is inspired by Tibet, Nepal, and India, the former two which are still populated with lots of Chinese. Not to mention, the royal family is very much inspired by Chinese style and legends of the female (sort of) Amitahbha(sp?). In Chinese, we know her as Guanyin.

Just take a look at the name: Fey. This is not a name that is normally seen in Japanese. More likely, it would be pronounced "hei" in some districts of Tokyo, but then the word is easily confused with words that have no relation to them.

I know its origins come from the great witch of European lore: Morgan Le Fay/Fey (or just from the word "fey"), but it's not likely that name was picked just to make the Feys sound more "English" or "American". It was picked because there was no use hiding all the "Chinese" characters around Kurain Village. Yeah, Nick called them "Chinese" characters when he first saw them and expected Maya would be able to tell him more.

It makes sense he could read some of it, though. He's at least half-Japanese himself.

But the biggest point of all is Pearl. Back in 2-4, Pearl commented about a radio show and hoped she could one day learn "Japanese". While it could just be Pearly being precious, it could also suggest that what Pearly has been taught at a young age was not Japanese. I mean, how could Morgan teach her no Japanese if they live in a village full of Japanese stuff? Yeah, she learned English, but she was schooled at home. Why would Morgan leave out such an important curriculum?

I suppose all of this can also direct toward Korean, but "Fey" sounds a lot more Chinese than Korean.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Klavier holds people around him (and himself) to very high expectations and gets disproportionately disappointed when they and he can't live up to them. On an unrelated note, he's also a bit of an exhibitionist.

The Enigma

Godot would grow his own coffee beans to use in his own personal blends.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

the Rock Pokemon

Rayfa & Nayna:
When Nayna whispered things to Rayfa, it wasn’t always because Rayfa didn’t know the answer to the question that was posed. Sometimes she simply didn’t understand all or part of it, since it was asked in English instead of her native Khura'inese. In those cases, Nayna’s whispers at least partially consisted of translating the question. (There’s even evidence to suggest this might be true. Rayfa once used the obsolete exclamation “Heavens to Betsy,” suggesting that she may have learned English from an old or outdated source. Also, the meaning of Phoenix’s use of the idiom/metaphor “treading water” went completely over her head, also suggesting at least a slight lack of fluency. Not to mention her frequent struggles to come up with insulting words.)

The AskAceAttorney blog has convinced me that Miles Edgeworth is secretly a member of a Steel Samurai fan club forum under the username ProsecutorSushiSlice1992, and nothing can dissuade me of that anymore.

[Whip the cream!]

Jean Armstrong will work with aromatherapy, as a full-time job, later on.

Happy Maria

Will Powers is the one under the Pink Princess suit

Isn't that stated in the game itself?

Happy Maria

They just say he's playing the lead. The lead could be the Steel samurai for all we know

Why would the steel samurai be the lead of the pink princess show? No, but I assumed what Cody said about the actor in the pink princess costume being a "dog" and a terrifying sight to be a joke about it actually being Will.

Happy Maria

That could just be Oldbag,even. Maybe just an ugly lady in general.

Also the Steel Samurai and the Pink Princess are in the same universe so I would assume that he'd play a lead role in it.

But my headcanon is that it is just Will,just as it is implied just as a joke. Even if he couldn't fit into that costume.

[Whip the cream!]

I like how you're seemingly trying to dismiss your own headcanon.

Happy Maria

Im just trying to make it non canon so I can make it a headcanon. It's simple,really.

[Whip the cream!]

So you can take all the credit? For shame! :O

( :-P )

Happy Maria

Ayup. Looks like you've figured out my plan!

the Rock Pokemon

In Spirit of Justice, Athena picked up Phoenix from the airport. So apparently, she has a car. But we all know that she and her fellow defense attorneys make a pretty modest income, so it’s possible that they would have difficulty affording to buy a car. So my pointless little headcanon is that Athena inherited it from her mother.

Happy Maria

....or she just hitched a cab.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

My headcanon is that Phoenix always has a cab on call. And don't tell me "duh, it's LA". Have you seen how empty streets are in Japanifornia!? He must have to take cabs by appointment!

Another car-related headcanon inspired by the anime: Edgeworth learned how to drive under personal tutelage by von Karma. It's how he can swerve that hard and land just right in front of the courthouse looking like an OG.

He's not supposed to park there either, but his faithful officers help drive his car into the parking lot.

...Is this the anime's way of saying Americans drive crazy?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Apollo is ticklish. Very ticklish. Maya too. Pearl not at all.

[Whip the cream!]

Let's hope he doesn't end up in Tickle Hell then.

the Rock Pokemon

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
....or she just hitched a cab.

Possibly, but usually the reason for picking people up is that you have a vehicle and they don't.

Happy Maria

Really? For me it's to welcome a relative/friend back home with a familiar face. The car is secondary.

The whole point was that Athena got lost, wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-a60ITJ2Ko

[Transportation to the airport] + [Athena got lost]

Eureka!

She in all likelihood has a car

the Rock Pokemon

JesusMonroe wrote:
The whole point was that Athena got lost, wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-a60ITJ2Ko

[Transportation to the airport] + [Athena got lost]

Eureka!

She in all likelihood has a car

That's true! I forgot about that. A cab driver wouldn't get lost on the way to such a common destination.

Happy Maria

But they said she went to the wrong airport,didn't they? So maybe she told the driver to go there,and stayed there and fell asleep,not realising that Mr.Wright was at another airport entirely. It's still possible.

the Rock Pokemon

Does anyone have the relevant transcript?

On another note, I have a little headcanon about the reason “hobo” Phoenix always kept his hands in his pockets. He had previously learned about his own nervous tic from Trucy, and it comes from his hands. So during AA4, when he wasn’t ready to reveal everything yet, he always kept his hands in his pockets when around Apollo so that Apollo couldn’t see the movement and realize that he was still keeping secrets.

迷探偵

About the airport thing, it makes a lot more sense if you consider it was written by Japanese writers... Tokyo has two major airports nearby, Haneda and Narita, so while it's not common mistake (at least not in this time and age), it's quite possible to go to the wrong airport, especially if you're not aware there are two airports nearby. They first had Haneda specialize in domestic flights, and Narita in international flights, but that changed a couple of years ago, adding to the confusion, so it's not a completely incomprehensible mistake. In the Japanese version, it's also unlikely Athena has a car (because you hardly need one in the metropolitan area, and it'd be crazy expensive to park them). I only played the Japanese version, but when I played that part, my impression of the text was simply she simply went to the wrong airport by train (why by train? Because it's convenient traveling back to the city by train, but it's a fairly long ride, so it's nice to have someone accompany you on the way back from the airport).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

You know, a Mario game!

It's my head canon that Edgeworth is asexual as well as an atheist. Both of these things really fit the traits we've seen from him.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Happy Maria

Him being an atheist is canon. He obviously doesn't believe in spirit channeling,as mentioned in 3-5.
Page 22 of 23 [ 919 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby