Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 71[ 2837 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71  Next

Favorite PW Pairings, Part Two!Topic%20Title

俺の黄金の魔女

I know this won't bring your awesome Franziska / Adrian rant back, Funk. But you write so faaaast, I'm sure you can come up with a new one that's just as awesome. Sal

Okay, my list, once again.

Phoenix / Edgeworth
Javado / Young Mia
Franziska / Adrian
Cough / Ayame
Eh? / Maggy
Franziska / Maya Fey
Mareka / Yuusaku
Lana / Neil

And, LOL IN-JOKES (not serious...mostly):

Kyouya / Franziska
Pearl --> Kyouya
Phoenix / Edgeworth / Ayame
Kyouya --> Edgeworth / Nick
Re: Favorite PW Pairings, Part Two!Topic%20Title

nuuuuu, stoooooop

musouka wrote:
Kyouya --> Edgeworth / Nick

Oh man, why do you put such images into my head!? *floats away happily* Though actually I had an idea for Odoroki -> Edgy earlier...

*ahem*
ImageImage

Novice bimbo

Yanni Yogi / Damon

ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!

Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!

Larry / Ka-Whip I support this pairing whole-heartedly and half jokingly!
My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*

North-Going Zax

My list:

OTP: Phoenix / Edgeworth Yes I know it's old hat by now but every fangirl gets a free pass to squee over at least one popular rival slash pairing. Although honestly, the 'rival' aspect is pretty much falls apart at the end of 1-3.

The Fanart Intrigued me: Franziska / Nick Upon replaying JFA, I noticed that Nick brought Fran tulips when she got shot. Could actually be cute, although writing this well would be REALLY hard.

I'm also interested in the prospect of Godot / Lana but I will withhold all attempts at fanfic until Trials and Tribulations lands.

When I replayed the first game, I started to really dig the idea of Maya Fey / Larry

And the world needs MOAR Lana / Young Mia

I seized fate by the neck alright...

Ah...favorite pairings, ne?

Het:
Nick / Franziska [...Don't ask me why.]
Detective Gumshoe / Franziska [...<3]
Pshhh... / Regina
Javado / Young Mia
Spoiler: GS2/JFA case 4...sorta
Matt / Franziska
Enguard / Franziska [Right next to OTP status with me...]

Yaoi:
Phoenix / Edgeworth [..I can't quite say OTP here...but darn close.]
Spoiler: More GS2/JFA case 4...sorta
Enguard / Matt [...Okay. So I know that alternate personalities can't actually do things with each other...in that sense...but yeah. Not quite OTP either...]

Yuri:
Lana / Mia Fey [Not quite OTP...but getting there...]
Franziska / Adrian [...OTP. Even for me. And I'm not a HUGE yuri fan...]
There are no heroes left in man. Mankind is doomed by the likes of you.

Hug an Edgeworth today <3

Phoenix / Edgy and only Phoenix / Edgy.
Yays for hot yaoi sex! ^_^_^
Thank you very much Deefunx for the sig ^_^

raging klavier crush

Doot doot doot.

Phoenix / Edgeworth
Franziska / Adrian
Eh? / Maggy
Javado / Young Mia

Not OTP, but considerable soft spot for:

Franziska / Maya Fey

In-jokey :D pairings are a mirror image of musouka's. :P Particular shout-out for Kyouya / Franziska , though~

And now, Chinese Infantry presents: Revenge of his favorite pairings.

My OTP:
Phoenix / Maya Fey (As if my signature didn't make it obvious enough...)

Other pairings I like:
Franziska / Adrian
Mia Fey / Lana
Yuusaku / Mareka
Edgy / Edgy (It's not gay! It's MASTURBATION!)
Gymshoe / Maggy
Mia Fey / Javado
Shelly / Shoe

...I'll post more when they come to me.
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!

Am I your wild-type?

Phoenix / Edgy baby~. Yes. I know it's over popular in the fandom. YES. I know they're both guys. YES I KNOW THEY'RE "RIVALS". Like I said before, it'a also quite hated. But it just happens to tickle my fancy. I just think they compliment each other. That's all there is to it... -_-
Beer

Franziska / Phoenix / Edgy = ...NOT to be taken seriously... but the idea of this threesome makes me nosebleed and LOL. so much. O.O

Larry / :-p - Because this is the only person I can see Maya being with. Or Larry ever hooking up with.

Garyuu / Odoroki / Kyouya- Because this OT3 also makes me LOL. even though it's only crack, too.

If it wasn't for Edgeworth, I would've liked Phoenix / Mia Fey .. but then Godot came into the picture.. He's cool in my books, even though he killed all my ideas of Phoenix and Mia...

I now only like:
Javado / Young Mia

Worthy's Girl. Den Mother. PxE Shipper

Location: Somewhere In Dream Time (Maine) having tea with Miles Edgeworth and discussing fanfiction.

Phoenix / Edgy : In my book, these two belong together. I can see them being lovers as well as rivals (at least in the courtroom) and I think the pairing works for me for that reason. :) I can see them living and loving together like any other couple in love; heck, I can even see them enjoying tea in front of a fireplace, going on a date & walks in the Park, with or without Pess. :)
Phoenix is the heart of the pairing and Miles the head--they compliment each other's strengths and weaknesses (in my opinion) very well. Not only that, they do have a firm friendship, trust and respect for each other that is pretty clear. They are two halves of a very complicated whole. Definitely my favourite pairing. :)

Franziska / Adrian : I'm also partial to this one as well. It also works. :) It's all CFTF's fault. ;P ;D :D *Just kidding! Well, only partially: it was when I read and critqued his wonderful fic "Follow The Fool" that I started seeing a different side of Franziska von Karma-whom, up to that time, had detested with every fibre of my being-and of Adrian, as well. I started looking at them in a different way and I could actually see the pair work after some time.* They are rather cute together, I think. :)
Kickin' AWESOME Sig By Elriel! Avatar Artwork by Enrychan (Commission)! Thanks! :)
"Bravo! Another triumph for deductive reasoning!"--SH (Michael Caine)

Last edited by EdgeworthFanGirl on Thu May 03, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hug an Edgeworth today <3

... I agree with MT. ;)
Thank you very much Deefunx for the sig ^_^

Science: It's cuter than ever

It's a shame about CFTF and everybody else's rants.
Does anybody know WHY that topic was deleted?

Anyway, my pairings: (and yes, I DO feel the need to have like six categories >>;)
Het:
Lana Edgeworth
Larry :-p
Edgeworth Franziska (although I like them as siblings more than I do romantically, but either way works for me)
Angel Starr Marshal Lana

Yuri:
Regina :-p
Young Mia Lana
Ema :-p
Adrian Whip

Slash:
:udgy: Damon Head Bang
Bling Bling Grossburg
Wacky Edgy Yani Fist (DON'T ASK DON'T ASK DON'T ASK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T ASK X.X...It's just a crack pairing/injoke >>;)
WHY ARE ALL MY SLASH PAIRINGS CRACK PAIRINGS INVOLVING OLD MEN?!

One-sided:
Eh? Edgeworth
Eh? Maggy
Will Powers Adrian
Larry Mia Fey

Pairings I think I'll love once PW3 comes our way:
Ayame Cough
Mareka Yuusaku
Young Mia Javado

My random PW4 pairings that are based on nothing:
Kyouya Minuki
Odoroki Hobohodo
Kyouya Older Ema

Bestiality:
Shoe Matt
Polly Yanni Yogi
EdgeyxPesu
.......JK, JK >>;

I think I have too much time on my hands.

North-Going Zax

SilverZephyr wrote:
It's a shame about CFTF and everybody else's rants.
Does anybody know WHY that topic was deleted?

Anyway, my pairings: (and yes, I DO feel the need to have like six categories >>;)
Het:
Lana Edgeworth

This intrigues me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. Ema

[quote="musouka"] Lana / Neil
[quote]

Edgy

Lana / Neil is my Phoenix Wright OTP, and the most common subject of my doodling.

I also like...

Angel Starr / Marshall
Edgeworth / Franziska (I usually think of them more as siblings, though.)
Javado / Young Mia
Wellington / Ini Mimi (It all started with a drawing of a cat with a butterfly on its nose... The cat was wearing a scarf and the butterfly had a hat.)
Matt / Adrian (I really just joke about it.)
Eh? / Maggy
Regina / Pshhh... (Again, in more of a joking way.)
Regina / Bat

I'm not too picky with PW pairings.

Edgy / Maya Fey
Edgeworth / Franziska
Nick / Franziska
Larry / Maya Fey
Javado / Young Mia
Von Karma / Wendy Oldbag <- Don't ask how I get this idea xD

Hobohodo / Odoroki
Kyouya / Ema

nuuuuu, stoooooop

For the record, I don't know what happened to the other thread. I couldn't find it on the forum or in the admin log as having been deleted... It may be that it vanished during the mini spammer raid a while ago.

I am sorry :(
ImageImage

...O.O this place got raided by spammers?
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!

You only get what you give.

Edgy x Maya Fey is my OTP. Forever. Lyksrsly.

Heh. I'll re-post my essay later. ^^;

This is not spy

Kinda-Sorta:
Phoenix/ Maya Fey
Edgeworth/ Maya Fey
Lana/ Neil

Definate:
Young Miax Javado = OVER 9000
Eh?x Maggy

My Ultimate OTP:
Marshallx Lana
=DDDDx9001

I just copied the post from that other thread, but I added some more. So eh. Anyway, YAY. Now I can keep going on about Marshall/ Lana. |D

Jake and Lana are my favorite characters. But besides that, I think they'd make an adorable couple. Probably already have been, considering what Ema said. I could imagine Jake taking good care of her too. Like said before, he's pretty careless unless he's genuinely interested or cares about something (being a detective, SL-9, Neil, etc). Considering his reaction when Ema mentioned the two possibly being together, he might still care for Lana (sort of. I doubt he'd have too many warm, fuzzy feelings left for Lana after his brother died. Nonetheless I can see these two getting back together again).

All inference, though. I'm not all that concerned about whether or not a pairing is cannon. Never did. If they make a good, interesting couple personalitywise, BAM. There you go. If it IS cannon... ADDED BONUS. =D

My DeviantART account

Sexy Angie icon by me, sorry dudes. No stealing here, please.

Last edited by Fanfare on Fri May 04, 2007 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

e × e = e²

Everyone keeps saying OTP and I had to look it up. Hm!

OTP4ME: Older Emax EdgyNot the younger Ema, actually, the older, sophisticated one we see in GS4. Although I did immediately ship the two in 1-5, her younger self is obviously just a fangirl. I like to imagine that after seven years she's gotten to the point where she can handle a relationship with a mature, complicated man like Edgey.

Also, I'm wondering where the other threads went. Maybe I asploded it with the whole crusade for Ema and Edgey. I'm sorry!!! Larry
ImageImageImageImageImage

Lawyer Extraordinaire

Time to update Wikipedia!
In their article on "shipping", near the end, they give examples of shipping of shipping in different fandoms.
Time to put Phoenix Wright in its rightful place:
With all the other things blind fans obsess over!

(Not you people of course, no offense meant.)

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

#1: Franziska Adrian ... and here's why.

Before I start, I’d like to say one thing:

GARGSSFDASDSTUPID FREAKIN’ FORUM

DELETING MY OLD RANT

RAWRRRRRGHHH WRYYYYYY!!!

…kay… I’m done.

SO.

Franziska / Adrian. My OTP (no, really?!)…

I’m going to preface this with something that really should be common sense, but I should probably say anyway: this is simply my interpretation of how things are shown in the game. Obviously, this isn’t canon (though it should be dammit), and if you decide to like Franziska / Maya or Adrian / Will, I’ve obviously got no problem with that. This is simply how I see things, and why I find this coupling so compelling and intriguing. There’s also a bit of speculation, though I feel it’s supported by the games.

Right! Franziska von Karma.

Franziska became a prosecutor at the age of 13. THIRTEEN. Not only is that absolutely unheard of (suspension of disbelief, lawl) but… it means that she’s not really had any sort of childhood. At all. Miles Edgeworth is seven years older than her (despite her seeing him as a little brother) and became a prosecutor when he was 20. So, they got into law at around the same time.

We can assume, therefore, that they started studying law at the same time. If Miles came to live with the von Karma household when he was 9, this means Franny was only 2 years old at the time. So, we can infer that Franziska started studying law by the time she was four years old at the VERY latest.

Even just with this, it’s clear that she’s had absolutely no “childhood” to speak of. But also, when you’re raised under the cruel tutelage of Manfred von Karma? That only makes the situation worse. In many ways, Franziska is far more mature than an 18-year-old girl should be… she’s certainly intelligent, certainly clever, and despite flaws, a competent and driven prosecutor. In these respects, she’s older far beyond her years.

Emotionally, however? She’s horribly stunted. Franziska never had a chance to be a normal little girl. She never had the chance to have little grade-school crushes (even if her father would have sent her to a school, though I think it far more likely she was homeschooled), never had the chance to interact with anyone who wasn’t Papa, Miles, a subordinate, or an “enemy” on any kind of emotional level.

I see Franziska as sorta classifying people she interacts with into two distinct categories: “subordinates,” and “enemies.” Obviously, the subordinates are the police and detectives under her command (sometimes witnesses), and she’s harsh and disciplinarian towards them. The “enemies” are the criminals, and the defense lawyers. It’s a very simple worldview, but it’s one that works—and there are only two exceptions: her father, and Miles Edgeworth.

Franziska is an emotional cripple. I don’t quite see Manfred as the “affectionate” type, and the interactions with subordinates and enemies are probably just laced with fear/anger/(and yes, some respect). The only person who’s ever shown her some sort of real affection is her “younger brother,” Miles—and while I think that the relationship between the two is by far one of the most adorable and amazing in the entire series, I can’t ever see it becoming anything more than brother and sister. Still, though, even Miles’ affection is… unique. With them, there’s undeniable love, but it’s a “tough love,” and one that forces Franziska to become better than herself.

Raised to the von Karma creed of total perfection, Franziska comes to America partially to prove herself against Phoenix Wright—the man who destroyed the perfect records of both her father and Miles… but also to find Miles. She doesn’t believe he’s dead, but believes he’s lost. He’s fallen from the true path… and like a good big sister, she’ll come and help him back to where he should be. Whipping him for his shame the entire way, of course. But she comes, certain that Miles needs her help.

After some time in America, though, things aren’t exactly going as Franziska had planned. Her own perfect record has been dashed to pieces… and what’s worse? She finds out that not only does Miles not need her at all, but he’s found the “true” path. Franziska herself is on the road that will lead her to destruction, and she needs to be helped by Miles, instead of the other way around.

Franziska is an emotional cripple who has a strong desire to be needed, to feel important. Unfortunately for her, the person she thought needed her the most… doesn’t need her at all.

But there’s a new presence in the mix now.

Adrian Andrews is one of the most intricately developed characters that isn’t part of the “main cast,” and I love her dearly. She’s easily one of my favorite characters, and quite interesting and fleshed out.

She’s fascinating, in part, because of her own crippling weakness—her dependency. She needs to have a source of strength in her life to function, to hold on to. I don’t quite see it as she needs to hang on them every moment of every day (and I’m fairly sure that’s not how actual dependency disorders work)… but she needs to have someone there that she can rely on. As long as she has that source of strength, she can act mostly normally.

Two years prior to the trial of Matt Engarde, the woman who had been her strength killed herself. Adrian, in despair, unable to imagine life without Celeste, tried to follow her—and failed. So, she dedicated the next two years of her life to trying to… if not avenge Celeste per se, protect her memory, and prevent the last thing she may have left behind—her suicide note—from being used as just another piece of ammunition in the war between Matt and Juan.

It’s interesting to me that even though she needs such a person in her life so desperately… she doesn’t just latch on to someone after Celeste is gone. Though it’s a crippling weakness of hers, she doesn’t seem to go for anybody else… until she meets Franziska. Franziska is another strong, efficient woman, whose determination and drive all but bowls Adrian over (as we get a brief glimpse of in Engarde’s hotel room during investigation).

Adrian trusts in Franziska’s words completely and utterly. Being accused of murder, having her darkest secrets revealed to the court and the public… she nevertheless clings to what Franziska had (foolishly) told her like it’s the absolute last thing she has. In some ways, it is. It isn’t until she realizes that in doing so, Matt Engarde will go free—and will not be punished for what he did to Celeste—that she finally acquiesces.

Luckily for her, Franziska saves the day—and though she’s sent to prison for tampering with the crime scene, it’s a whole lot better than being put on Death Row for the murder of Juan Corrida… especially given that Engarde finally faces justice for what he’s done.

In two whole years, Adrian hadn’t ‘latched on’ to anyone else… until Franziska. What makes Friska so special? Is it because she’s female? (‘cause Adrian is totally a lesbian what) Or does it just take a special force of character?

Meanwhile, we start to see Franziska, too, reacting to Adrian in a way that’s not very characteristic of her. Yes, she was going to use her like any other witness… but whether on her own or via talking to Miles Edgeworth, she comes to actually regret that. Before leaving to return to Germany, she tells Adrian to contact her if she needs to consult with her at all.

Now, on the surface, that seems like just a simple professional thing. Consult? She’s a lawyer. It’s part of what she does.

But this is the first time we see Franziska actually reaching out to someone. She’s no longer treating Adrian like a subordinate, or an enemy. There are now three exceptions to the rule—Papa, Miles, and Adrian. Friska, in assuming responsibility for what she did to Adrian, interacts with her on a level that she doesn’t with anyone else.

So now, we see the two of them developing a certain “special” relationship with the other. Adrian accepts Franziska as her new source of strength, which she hasn’t done since Celeste in two years. Franziska reaches out to Adrian and takes responsibility for what she’s done.

Even the little throwaway line in the GS3 credits hints that, at the very least, they’ve kept in touch. “Franziska came by to show me how to use her whip!” Ignoring the blatant sexual innuendo :P … I can’t see Adrian as being all “Hey Fran, come by and teach me how to whip people?” Which to me, says that it was Franziska initiating the contact on her own—again, reaching out to Adrian in a way she doesn’t do with anybody else.

Franziska is someone who has a strong desire to be needed. Adrian needs her—genuinely and powerfully. Adrian doesn’t need a prosecutor, like her job does. She doesn’t need a heir or another perfect von Karma, like Manfred did. It’s Franziska the person whom she needs, and I think that this makes it all the more powerful.

Even factoring her disorder, I see Adrian as being far more experienced and mature when it comes to emotions (especially given how stunted Friska is in that regard). But what’s important…? She’s also capable of giving genuine love and affection. Which is another thing that has been sorely and painfully missing from Franziska’s life.

But, does this indicate romance?

Of course not. Up until this point, all that’s been shown is that there does exist a connection between the two of them, and there is development with both of their characters that is strongly tied into the other. But this could just be it, or it could just mean friendship. That, of course, is up to you, how you choose to see it.

I, however, choose to see it as something more. Obviously, or else I wouldn’t be writing this :P

What I find interesting in a potential romantic relationship between Franziska and Adrian… is how it doesn’t stem from their positive qualities or their strengths… but from their weaknesses. It’s Adrian’s dependency that causes her to need Franziska in the first place, and it’s Franziska’s emotional immaturity that causes her to want to be needed.

As a result? It’s a relationship that can, of course, go very, very wrong. It’s balancing on the edge of the knife… and it’s certainly not out of the question for it to spiral out of control, and simply feed the weaknesses, ending up in a very unhealthy, unbalanced romance. That adds a certain sort of ‘danger’ to it, making it a bit exciting in a way.

But where it can go very wrong? It can also go very right.

Because it’s a relationship that derives from their weaknesses, it says to me that they’re two unbalanced gyroscopes, spinning in opposite directions… but together, they balance each other out. From Franziska, Adrian gets a source of strength that she desperately needs in her life—but once she has it, she’s able to function like a normal human being, to have a good, happy life. From Adrian, Franziska gets deep, genuine, nigh-unconditional love and affection… which I think is something that she’s been needing most of all. I can’t ever see Franziska being “softened,” really, but I do see Adrian’s presence in her life as a potentially very helpful thing.

Franziska is immature, especially when it comes to relationships. Adrian, though, is patient, and is far more likely to actually take the time to work things out with her in the event of a fight.

I find that very compelling, because if the relationship goes right… it’s a very even emotional give and take, instead of being utterly lopsided. Both partners contribute something and get something on an emotional level… and ultimately, it benefits them both. Both of them can become happier, more balanced.

Yeah. That’s… pretty much it.

Also, it’s ridiculously hot as hell. I mean… DAMN!

Other favorite pairings (no rants, sorry)

Phoenix Edgeworth
Will Powers / Penny
Marshall Angel Starr
Lana / Neil
Mareka Yuusaku
Uramidn :Zenny
Ayame Cough
Young Mia Javado
Young Mia Lana
Franziska Maya Fey
Butz Maya Fey
Maggy Gymshoe
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

Last edited by CantFaketheFunk on Fri May 04, 2007 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Built For The Kill

For the nth time... Copying and pasting, because I can.

1. Javado x Young Mia

Gee, ya think? I'm an absolute sucker for this one! This is coming from someone whose computer crashed more than once when he was surfing through all 500+ Souryuu x Chihiro pictures he's got in a 20Mb folder. I've even gone so far as to add cosplay photos of these two in there, along with some... not-so-kid-friendly images. :/

I mean, it's pretty damn interesting to see how these two got along in GS3-4: Souryuu starts off as a cocky (Well, when has he ever NOT been cocky?) player obviously just wanting to get a shot of Chihiro's ass; yet for some reason, towards the end of the case, he becomes much more supportive. Now this baffles me to the point of replaying GS3 twice, trying to find out exactly how the hell these two became lovers... (My Japanese-comprehension skills are quite neophyte, so I didn't get everything during my first playthrough.) And I eventually turned into an absolute fanboy for this, thanks to a stray Yaminomi link I found.

In fact, I'm so damn hyped up about that ship that I even... er, "implemented" it into my own fic. :P

2. Odoroki x Older Ema

... I blame GS-CGP. A few months before GS4 came out, I was bored and decided to turn Odoroki and Akane into a messed-up romantic comedy pair for the PW Funnies thread. Yeah, it kinda got out of hand, and the pairing eventually grew on me. I was lucky enough to see at least one piece of fanart showcasing these two. No 20Mb folder yet.

Then again, having played through GS4, I still think this has a possibility of happening, despite some... flaws with the two's relationship. Unfortunately, I can't explain why because Croik said so and if I put spoilers in here I'll be sent to the internet fandom guillotine. :/

3. Kyouya x Minuki

Again, I blame GS-CGP.

My reason for supporting this after my GS4 playthrough? Can't post it, unfortunately. Internet fandom guillotine, you know. -.-

4. Franziska x Adrian

You can't argue with CFTF on this one. Turn to his rant because that's pretty much taken the words right outta my mouth.

Others, in no particular order:

Phoenix x Ayame
Eh? x Maggy
Yuusaku x Mareka
Lana x Image
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

no not like that

Big big big Nr.1: Maya Fey / Phoenix

And the rest, in no order...

Larry / Lotta Hart
Eh? / Maggy
Will Powers / Adrian (yeah, shoot me.)
Image / Regina A match made in hell. Both plain stupid. >_<
Edgy / Franziska Incest?! Who cares?

wow. how original.

GJEIWAOGPJOEWPA CFTF I LOVE YOU @_@

...I need to write a proper pairing rant one of these days. As soon as I can think of a pairing of mine I could actually write a rant for >>; *cough*mostofmypairingsarecrack*cough*

Thread invasion time!

I can't prioritize my list, since I love all my loves. So here we go ~

Franziska / Adrian (THIS COMES FIRST, ALWAYS D:)
Phoenix / Maya Fey I admit I have to fanon-ize it a lot. BUT IT'S SO KUOT.
Eh? / Maggy ...I honestly can't see them getting very serious, so they're my cute pairing.
Knock Knock / Matt I AM 100% SERIOUS ABOUT THIS ONE
Haven't played AA, but I can't find any obvious Urbish-smelling pairings. Maybe when I play it...
However, TAT screams at me to support
Yuusaku / Mareka
Javado / Young Mia (Which I kinda do because their fanart is so sizzlin')

And for GS4 I kinda have Odoroki / Minuki ...but I read somewhere that there's a reason why that pairing doesn't work...
So I ship it very, very carefully and hope that...either I find something that makes more sense or it turns out it's okay.

Yeah OK. I saved my essay-thing from the last board. Thank God. xD So i'll re-post it. =3

Okay. -takes deep breath- It’s time for...

The Edgy x Maya Fey = <3 essay :D

CONTAINS AA CASE 4 AND JFA SPOILERS <— Spoiler tags annoy me. If you don’t read this it’s not my problem if I spoil you. xP

Past (in a nutshell)

In my opinion, I found it really interesting that Maya and Edgeworth’s pasts both tie into DL-6.

Edgy was a happy little boy before DL-6, trying to follow in his father’s footsteps and become a defense attorney. But all of a sudden, his father, the person that he truly respected and cared about, was taken away from him. Then his life changed completely when Manfred von Karma adopted him. He was taken to a new country, got a new stepsister, and abandoned his goal to become a defense attorney. My speculation on the situation is that everything happened to him so fast that Edgeworth didn’t have time to cry and grieve. (Especially not in the ‘house of perfection,’ I’d imagine that chibi Edgy would get yelled at for crying.) So he lived his daily life feeling cold, sad, and abandoned inside and hid it with his smug, serious, and almost snobbish exterior. (Which we get to see through in case 4 of AA, and he becomes less ‘snobby’ in JFA.)

Let’s take a look at Maya, now. Her mother Misty Fey was supposed to make contact with the spirit of Gregory Edgeworth since the police were desperate for a lead. The channeling itself was successful — but Gregory, thinking that his son Miles had accidently shot and killed him, lied and said that Yanni Yogi was the real murderer. But Yogi was declared innocent, Redd White leaked to the press that the police used a medium, and Misty Fey having “tarnished the Fey name” left the public eye for 15 years. Mia left to become a defense attorney and find out the truth about what had happed to their mother. Now, I didn’t play GS3 yet (I don’t mind spoilers) so I don’t know anything about Maya’s past besides what was mentioned in AA and JFA, but in Turnabout Sisters Maya said that she is “finally used to having her own place” so it’s implied that she has been alone for a while. Aside from Mia and until she met Phoenix, I don’t think she was close to anyone. She says to Phoenix in the detention center that “I had to become independent or I would lose my ESP.” Now, I really dislike Maya, but I actually felt bad for her in that scene. Sure, she may not be the most serious person, but she had to “grow up” in the sense that she had to take care of herself and live on her own.

So, Edgeworth can turn to Maya and discuss things about his past that he wouldn’t talk about to just anyone (as in feelings, experiences, etc) because he knows that she will understand him, not just be like “It’s OK, it’s all over now.” and not have a clue what he actually went through. Maya can comfort him because she knows that some feelings of abandonment don’t go away, and she can actually say “I know how hard this is for you” and mean it. The same goes for Maya when she’s feeling down about how ‘useless’ she is (1010 will hold back her comments on this issue for the sake of the essay), Edgeworth can support her because he understands her and he understands the pain she’s been in. (Yes, I think that Maya has been in a lot of pain despite the way she acts. Her and Edgeworth just handle emotions very differently.)

Present (in a slightly larger nutshell)

Mmkay. At the start of AA, Maya probably thought Edgeworth was an asshole, which is a perfectly logical conclusion. Edgeworth probably didn’t care about her. But in case 4, I think they started to actually see something in one another. Maya believed in Edgeworth when he said he didn’t kill Richard Hammond, and Edgeworth believed in Phoenix and Maya to defend him in court. Well, in all fairness, Edgeworth probably mostly believed in Phoenix, but Maya is still a part of the defense. And, hey, all relationships start with trust.

It is also true that Edgeworth was touched by some of the things that Maya did. If Maya hadn’t thrown out that ‘OBJECTION’ (One of the only useful things she does for you... -cough-) you would have lost the case and Edgeworth would be found guilty for murder. Maya got herself thrown into jail for the sake of saving Edgeworth. And maybe it didn’t seem like such a big deal to her at the time, helping someone in need, but Edgeworth was really touched. I think it’s because of the fact that since he never really had someone close to him, he’s not used to people doing such nice things and taking huge risks for him. And as Gumshoe described, Edgeworth was “so moved that his lip was trembling.” And he isn’t very good at ‘small talk.’ He strikes me as an ‘actions speak louder than words person.’ That’s why instead of just thanking Maya, he paid her bail money. Even though he never said thank you, his actions showed how he felt. I was about to cry from the sweetness ^___^ That is part of what makes this relationship so damn cute — Maya’s carefree nature and willingness to do anything for someone she cares about, and Edgeworth’s serious, more calculated nature that isn’t used to people being nice to him without a reason. Think about how sweet that would be. A happy, bubbly Maya, doing things and giving little gifts to Edgeworth and trying to make him smile, and a flustered Edgeworth who isn’t quite sure how to respond to Maya’s acts of kindness.

Another scene to focus on is the end of the trial. Edgeworth isn’t sure how to thank Phoenix for defending him, so Maya helps him out. Heck, she even gets him to scream “Woooooooo ”
But he’s not the most enthusiastic person in the world so he apologizes for not being very good at the whole “thank you” thing. The way I interpreted this scene was that, maybe, Edgeworth was trying to change his personality a bit, maybe even using Maya as a model. Why? Because a heavy weight had just been lifted off his shoulders. He was innocent of murder, he didn’t shoot his father, and he could now sleep in peace without experiencing the same nightmare over and over. He was happy — but Edgeworth may not be very good at dealing with emotions, so he didn’t know how to express his happiness. So he followed Maya’s guidance because of the trust factor that they share. I mean, come on — if just anyone was like “Hey, Edgeworth, you shoul scream “Woooooo ” at the top of youe lungs ” do you think he’s listen? Hell no. But he listened to Maya. So, even though “Woooooo-ing” doesn’t work for him, I think it shows that he trusts in her.

Justice for All made my heart smile. (YES, MY HEART CAN SMILE ) What did Edgeworth do the second Phoenix told him about the situation with Maya? He put together a rescue team. He didn’t ask meaning questions like “OMG WHERE IS SHE? IS SHE OK? WHERE DID U SEE HER LAST? etc.” Remember the ‘actions speak louder than words’ thing? He didn’t say “I’m worried about Maya.” By putting together a search team, you know that he’s worried about her. Heck, he helps Phoenix break down a door just to get to her, and is obviously upset when you find out she’s gone already. Also, Maya makes a huge change on Edgeworth’s personality. He hates crime and criminals with a passion. He knows very well that Engarde is guilty. Yet he still works with Phoenix to prolong the trial until Maya is safe. Why? Because he cares about her and is willing to go against everything he’s been “all about,” so to speak, up to this point to save Maya.

Closing Thoughts

This is purely speculation, but I can see something like this happening. Now, Gregory Edgeworth lied to the police when Misty Fey channeled his spirit because he thought that Miles had shot him, correct? Not just because he didn’t know? If that’s true, I think one of the nicest things Maya could do for Edgeworth is to channel the spirit of his father so they can have a “father-son chat”, which I’m sure Edgeworth has desperately missed, and Gregory’s spirit can truly rest in peace because he now knows who really killed him and that his son is innocent. (He was unconscious when von Karma shot him so he never learned the truth)

Anyways, I hope I haven’t bored you too much. Maybe I’ve inspired some of you to give the Edgeworth x Maya pairing a try? ^^; It’s not a very common pairing, but if you look hard enough you can find some stuff on fanfiction.net.

I’m not saying this couple is better than any other pairing, you have to support this couple, I hate your couples, etc. I’m just writing this so maybe people can understand why I really think this relationship can work out and why I think it’s so damn sweet. It’s also OK if you think that Maya and Edgeworth just have the potential to be good friends, because that could be true. I just think that it has the potential to go beyond ‘just friends.’

Feel free to post any opinions, if I missed something, corrections, etc. I like constructive criticism, not flames.

Okay, this is the last semi-spam "OMFGILOVEDURESSAY" post for me, honest >>; But "OMFGILOVEDURESSAY" EdgeworthxMaya is cuteness like woah. Not my type of thing, but still cuteness like woah.
AND NOW I'M WONDERING HOW PEARLS WOULD REACT TO THAT.

I'm debating writing an EdgeworthxLana rant >>;

Blue Badger / Steel Samurai

WHAR DO I PUT THIS HERE TREE?!?

Arutica: Attorney at NYAAH

Spoiler: Ph34r t3h pairings!
Javado / Godot
Nick / Hobohodo
Matt / Enguard
Shoe / Missle
Payne / HairFlip
Ema / Older Ema

Nah, jk. There's only one pairing that's my favourite and that is...

Maya Fey / Phoenix !

Wolfy...

Phoenix / Maya Fey . Forever.

Franziska / Edgeworth Wins my heart. The Airport scene kinda sealed it for me, I suppose. Heck, he might have been the only boy around her when she was growing up. *Raised by Von Karma, that's a possibility* Plus, he's the only who doesn't get whipped, I think. Perhaps I missed it.

Detective Gumshoe / Maggy Gumshoe obviously likes her, and, heck, He deserves a little bit of sympathy and love, for all the work he does, associating with Defense Lawyers. Although, for a while, I though Gumshoe had a thing for Edgeworth....

Grossburg / Redd White ...Oddly, I find no qualms with that. *Ties self to a treee* You may proceed to agree with me or shoot me with flaming arrows.

Angel Starr / Marshall The two of them have a joined cause, and both may very well be on they're way to a nice relationship. It just appeals to me!

Lana / :Niel: Poor, Poor Neil...and Lana...

Meekins / Sal ...Nevermind, I never said anything. Just forget it.

Wellington / Ini Mimi ...Hey, maybe they're in the same max security prison together!

Will Powers / :penny: ...Well, she seems to like him, and, well, he seems like the type who would want a quiet woman...Heck, its a beauty and the Beast Story, right there! She's got the ...well, she isn't that beautiful, but she's kinda cute, and he's got the hair!
If I could walk the Moonlit Night
Free of all human stress and fright...
If I could Howl my own Wolf Song
If I could right my Every Wrong...

Last edited by Mr. Manectric on Fri May 04, 2007 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North-Going Zax

Mr. Manectric, could we please leave the pairbashing for the "least favorite pairing" thread? Nick

Besides, seeing people's squee over pairings does more to make me flirt with other possibilities than frothing at the mouth angrily. Try building up a better case for Phoenix / :-p instead. 1010 made a nice case for Edgeworth / Maya Fey, a pairing that would be on the top of my "least favorite" list if it weren't for Gregory/Manfred (which does give me great lulz, however). So let's quit with the bashing. It makes your side look bad.

Think

太多時間

Matt / Shelly

Yeah, I'm weird. XD
Let us dye the world in despair, and bring a dismal end to this fairy tale.

Question:
I've noticed several people shipping LanaxNeil. I think that pairing sounds really cute to me, not to mention sexy, so to the people who ship it, I was wondering what pointed you to that pairing? Not that every pairing needs justification, I'm just curious because it sounds like a pairing I might like.

I, like most fangirls, am a huge fan of Phoenix / Edgy Yay! ^_^
And I'm really hoping that Odoroki / Kyouya will work. Because I know I'll like it.

俺の黄金の魔女

SilverZephyr wrote:
Question:
I've noticed several people shipping LanaxNeil. I think that pairing sounds really cute to me, not to mention sexy, so to the people who ship it, I was wondering what pointed you to that pairing? Not that every pairing needs justification, I'm just curious because it sounds like a pairing I might like.

The first time I played through 1-5, I...assumed it was canon for some strange reason. Perhaps it's because I'm morbid and find the idea of Lana having to desecrate the body of the man she loved to save her sister horrible in a really powerful way?

musouka wrote:
SilverZephyr wrote:
Question:

The first time I played through 1-5, I...assumed it was canon for some strange reason. Perhaps it's because I'm morbid and find the idea of Lana having to desecrate the body of the man she loved to save her sister horrible in a really powerful way?

That might have been part of it for me, too. It really just started to grow on me. I found the reasons I liked it after I decided it was my OTP. It really just came across as interesting to me at first. It could've also contributed to a lot of things. What Lana lost in SL-9, hatred for Gant, etc.

SilverZephyr wrote:
Okay, this is the last semi-spam "OMFGILOVEDURESSAY" post for me, honest >>; But "OMFGILOVEDURESSAY" EdgeworthxMaya is cuteness like woah. Not my type of thing, but still cuteness like woah.
AND NOW I'M WONDERING HOW PEARLS WOULD REACT TO THAT.

I'm debating writing an EdgeworthxLana rant >>;

Thanks. I try. EdgeyMaya is ABSOLUTE CUTENESS.
Pearls would probably be sad at first and be like 'ZOMGNUUUNICKANDMYSTICMAYAARETOGETHERRRRRRRRRR' but she'd probably get over it and move on to embarassing Maya and Edgey in public.
And please, write an EdgeyLana rant. Sounds like an interesting couple.

musouka wrote:
SilverZephyr wrote:
Question:

Really? When I played it I thought that Ema x Neil was cannon because of the way he protected her and how she talked about Neil. And Fanfare got me into shipping Jake and Lana. ^^;

This is not spy

1010 wrote:
Really? When I played it I thought that Ema x Neil was cannon because of the way he protected her and how she talked about Neil. And Fanfare got me into shipping Jake and Lana. ^^;

*pumps fist in the air*

I dabble in some Neil/Lana. In some of my Jake/Lana musings I figured Lana might have had a past relationship with Neil before he died. Which would cause conflict for both Jake AND Lana if they started dating after Rise from the Ashes. What?! Date my brother's girlfriend?! ANGST.

But then I replayed it and remembered that Ema dropped a giant bomb about Jake and Last possibly going out before Neil's death.

Neil/Lana's cute and angsty anyway. So is Jake/Lana, but yeah. DX

My DeviantART account

Sexy Angie icon by me, sorry dudes. No stealing here, please.
Page 1 of 71 [ 2837 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby