Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 3[ 90 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

What Case Do You Like/Love that Everybody Else Hates?Topic%20Title

These are the cases that almost everyone refers to negatively that you very much enjoy. Here are mine

Turnabout Corner:
This is the only case on the list where I actually don't understand why everyone hates it. I thought it was clever how your three chores at the beginning led to a murder in the end and then it turns out that all of the crimes that were committed that night are connected. The only complaints I've heard regard the final piece of evidence and the villain. With the final piece of evidence, I understand the complaint but I don't think it can ruin the case
Spoiler:
With the villain, I thought she was pretty good. People say she felt like a rip-off of Dahlia Hawthorne, but I disagree. I thought she had a more compelling motive than Dahlia and Alita actually surprised me with the killer reveal (actually, not really. It was apparent during the second investigation, but I didn't suspect her the moment I saw her. Plus, the other characters in the case never even take the stand like Guy Eldoon, Big Wins, Wocky, or Plum).

I also think this has one of the more creative murder scenarios in the series and it was very clever how it all came about. The contradiction regarding the left/right temple is actually one of my favorite in the series because it's such a white lie but it turns the entire case around

The Kidnapped Turnabout:
I really like this case. At one point, it was my favorite non-finale case in the series. Most of the complaints I've heard regard the villain (which I didn't think was bad because the case was more about the how than the who) and the cameos. This case has Mike Meekins, Oldbag, and Ema. All of them are pretty unnecessary admittedly, but I didn't think they detracted from the case in any significant way. I've also heard complaints that the case doesn't focus enough on Ernest Amano given his huge role in the game, which I suppose is a legitimate complaint. I think the pros of this case heavily outweigh the cons, though. This case introduces Kay Faraday and Shi-Long Lang; two of my favorite characters in the series. The final confrontation is also very fun and the final Little Thief portion where you piece everything together was just genius in my opinion

Turnabout Ablaze
Spoiler:
I'll say right off the bat that the first time I played this case, I thought the final confrontation was too long. The "Objection!" from an unknown person right after Quercus said he was going to leave also got old quickly. Again though, I think people judge this case without looking at all of the positives

First of all, the murder itself is intriguing. Manny Coachen killed in his embassy with a smuggled weapon and DeMasque II (who wasn't that great of a victim) killed with another smuggled weapon. The way they set it all up is perfect and everything is solved by the end. Also, whenever people talk about what a shit case this is, they neglect to mention to the Shih-na reveal or the Yatagarasu reveal. Both of those had me floored. The Shih-na one especially caught me by surprise considering I was actually fooled by Edgeworth suspecting her of being the killer

And yes, I know everyone complains about the final confrontation and Quercus Alba. the game should've handled it better because they never really gave an indication on when it was going to end. They made every testimony seem like the final one. However, Quercus is an ambassador. It's not going to be easy taking him down. It made sense to me that you have to prove everything, When I replayed the case, I actually found the last confrontation wasn't nearly as tedious as I remembered. Quercus is also one the most formidable villains of the series and one of the most evil. He had a great motive to murder, he surprised me as the murderer (I was expecting Shih-na/Colias) and he was satisfying to take down.
Re: What Case Do You Like/Love that Everybody Else Hates?Topic%20Title

[Whip the cream!]

I, too, enjoyed The kidnapped turnabout and Turnabout ablaze. Both cases had aspects that seemed a little blah, but I had fun playing both of them.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Spoiler: Something About Turnabout Ablaze
While the filibuster at the end did annoy me due to its length, I think I was more frustrated over the fact that his testimonies became flimsier and flimsier, to the point where I wanted to press Y and yell, "Just admit you did this shit already, asshole!" and hope it actually does something in the game.

I'm not entirely sure if people dislike this case, but... I rather found Turnabout Visitor fun. Granted, it is a tutorial case and does reveal the killer in its opening, but the location of the crime was nice. I love Edgeworth's office, it's so pretty. Only thing I don't like about is... well, the tutorial parts.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
While the filibuster at the end did annoy me due to its length, I think I was more frustrated over the fact that his testimonies became flimsier and flimsier, to the point where I wanted to press Y and yell, "Just admit you did this shit already, asshole!" and hope it actually does something in the game.

I'm not entirely sure if people dislike this case, but... I rather found Turnabout Visitor fun. Granted, it is a tutorial case and does reveal the killer in its opening, but the location of the crime was nice. I love Edgeworth's office, it's so pretty. Only thing I don't like about is... well, the tutorial parts.

C-A

Spoiler: Turnabout Ablaze
Oh yeah. I agree. The confrontation with the villain of GK2 is long, too, but he/she is able to say, "That means nothing because of this. Wouldn't you say that's possible?" With Quercus Alba, Edgeworth could basically present a video of Quercus Alba committing murder and then signing a confession and Quercus would say, "That means nothing! You see, I'm right handed, but in the video, I'm writing with my left hand!"

I also like Turnabout Visitor but the final piece of evidence makes the villain look retarded. Also, the prologue for the case makes no sense once you know the villain's motivations

[Whip the cream!]

CatMuto wrote:

Exactly. That annoyed me as well.

Actually, my least favorite part of Turnabout Ablaze is something that nobody ever seems to mention
There's a point in the case where Edgeworth needs to decide whether or not to use illegal evidence to convict Alba. The game even shows von Karma smiling when he thinks about using the evidence.

You're supposed to use the evidence. Even if you choose not to, he still presents it. I was so angry with Edgeworth and the creators. It felt so uncharacteristic and like the biggest betrayal to the character I've ever seen. I still can't forgive it. Edgeworth just decides, "The evidence isn't illegal if it'll help us find the truth!"

JesusMonroe wrote:
Actually, my least favorite part of Turnabout Ablaze is something that nobody ever seems to mention
There's a point in the case where Edgeworth needs to decide whether or not to use illegal evidence to convict Alba. The game even shows von Karma smiling when he thinks about using the evidence.

You're supposed to use the evidence. Even if you choose not to, he still presents it. I was so angry with Edgeworth and the creators. It felt so uncharacteristic and like the biggest betrayal to the character I've ever seen. I still can't forgive it. Edgeworth just decides, "The evidence isn't illegal if it'll help us find the truth!"

Spoiler: That Part
Yeah that was kind of annoying. For one, it's a pretty stupid reason to justify using illegal evidence. Also, it's similar to the problem I have with Contempt of Court and Evidence Law, it's put into one case and never mentioned again. Majority of the evidence is, technically, obtained illegaly, yet nobody seems to bother mention that except in that instance.

For another, isn't this supposedly taking place after GS3? Wouldn't this be after Edgeworth's big characteristic year of absence where he learned what being a prosecutor is and he chooses the truth? Why do we have this in the game, when he supposedly already has his answer?

Then again, maybe that is in GK2 as well, I don't know.

C-A

The video game boy; the one who wins

I enjoyed The Kidnapped Turnabou as well, and Turnabout Corner feels a it underrated to me, I had fun playing it and I liked how the three "missions" came together.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
I enjoyed The Kidnapped Turnabou as well, and Turnabout Corner feels a it underrated to me, I had fun playing it and I liked how the three "missions" came together.

But it had Wocky. Wocky ruins every single bit of fun a person can have.

(...to be fair, I should replay it. I wonder if it's really that boring or if my memories are overly negative.)

I really like the music.

A lot of people say that 4-4 was bad but honestly, even though the climax was just ok, the rest of it with the MASON system and all that was really really interesting.
" If you wish to hang yourself, Mr. Wright, you're welcome to, but not inside my courtroom."

Gardevoir lover

JesusMonroe wrote:
These are the cases that almost everyone refers to negatively that you very much enjoy. Here are mine

Turnabout Corner:
This is the only case on the list where I actually don't understand why everyone hates it. I thought it was clever how your three chores at the beginning led to a murder in the end and then it turns out that all of the crimes that were committed that night are connected. The only complaints I've heard regard the final piece of evidence and the villain. With the final piece of evidence, I understand the complaint but I don't think it can ruin the case
Spoiler:
With the villain, I thought she was pretty good. People say she felt like a rip-off of Dahlia Hawthorne, but I disagree. I thought she had a more compelling motive than Dahlia and Alita actually surprised me with the killer reveal (actually, not really. It was apparent during the second investigation, but I didn't suspect her the moment I saw her. Plus, the other characters in the case never even take the stand like Guy Eldoon, Big Wins, Wocky, or Plum).

I also think this has one of the more creative murder scenarios in the series and it was very clever how it all came about. The contradiction regarding the left/right temple is actually one of my favorite in the series because it's such a white lie but it turns the entire case around

My thoughts exactly. :edgey:

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

[Whip the cream!]

An Original Username wrote:
A lot of people say that 4-4 was bad but honestly, even though the climax was just ok, the rest of it with the MASON system and all that was really really interesting.

I enjoyed the case as well. It had some bad, rather bland and boring aspects, but there was a lot of it I really liked.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

WaitingforGodot wrote:
An Original Username wrote:

I enjoyed the case as well. It had some bad, rather bland and boring aspects, but there was a lot of it I really liked.

For me, All of AJ is the thing I love but everyone else hates.

But in terms of the MASON System, I don't feel like we needed to see Phoenix's last trial. I mean who would want to play the trial where you KNOW Phoenix won't turn out the victor?

To me all of that time spent with the MASON System should've been spent doing more with actual AJ Characters, like establishing Kristoph's motives or SOMETHING instead of Phoenix effortlessly taking back the Protag role for a few minutes

But on the subject of 4-4 I really like it, but I know it fell flat in a lot of areas.

[Whip the cream!]

shippersdreamer wrote:
To me all of that time spent with the MASON System should've been spent doing more with actual AJ Characters, like establishing Kristoph's motives or SOMETHING instead of Phoenix effortlessly taking back the Protag role for a few minutes

But on the subject of 4-4 I really like it, but I know it fell flat in a lot of areas.

I completely agree. Although my feelings on the MASON System are mixed.

Kristoph, though. He was damn intriguing. I really wanted to know more about that guy and his motives and his damn black psyche locks and soforth.

WaitingforGodot wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:

I completely agree. Although my feelings on the MASON System are mixed.

Kristoph, though. He was damn intriguing. I really wanted to know more about that guy and his motives and his damn black psyche locks and soforth.

Well we technically DO know what the Black Psyche Locks do, but I call BS on that when compared to Kristoph. I always thought Black Psyche Locks were designed as personal secrets, like Kristoph's reasoning was so personal and he was so unwilling to tell that the Spiritual Energies around him gave extra security to the secret.

And I personally would've liked to know more about what Kristoph taught Apollo under his apprenticeship, since it's canon that Apollo HAS at least been there as Kristoph's aide (or at least in the gallery watching the trial) whenever Kristoph was the lead defense.

I like 4-4 but it's definitely the weakest finale case for me. it's actually the only case in the series where I like the investigations more than the trial. The Mason system was just a fun gimmick for me and unraveling the mysteries was amazing. Valant Gramarye is one of my favorite characters (and one of the most underrated) in the entire series and the entire backstory to Troupe Gramarye is so tragic. Kristoph is also a fantastic villain. What I don't like about it is the fact that the final trial is only half an hour long and you present like two pieces of evidence. Another thing I don't like that NOBODY ever seems to mention is that the Pursuit theme never plays in the last trial. It never played in the first one either (besides briefly with Olga). In the entire game, you never corner Kristoph. I also thought it was kind of cheap that you never definitively proved his guilt. It was the jurist system (and I assume that Krisoph's trial must've used a jury, too?). I also think Klavier could've been a tough prosecutor during this trial and nobody would've judged him for it

Actually, now that we know the secret behind the black psyche-locks as of 5-5, the end to 4-4 is a little better. My headcanon is that Kristoph kept covering up his crimes and by the end of it, he didn't even know why he was doing what he was doing. His breakdown is basically Apollo shattering his black psyche locks. That bastard got what he deserved

Phoenix's trial was cool, though. Yes, we knew the outcome, but we also knew the outcome of Turnabout Beginnings because we knew Edgeworth had never lost a case before Phoenix and that Dahlia was going to get away

I'm hoping Kristoph shows up in another game

Quote:
I really wanted to know more about that guy and his motives and his damn black psyche locks and soforth.

His motive for killing was that he is a giant baby that can't stand it when somebody pricks his enormous pride with a marshmallow. That's not interesting, that's just... silly. I had expected a better reason to kill someone than wounded pride.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
I really wanted to know more about that guy and his motives and his damn black psyche locks and soforth.

His motive for killing was that he is a giant baby that can't stand it when somebody pricks his enormous pride with a marshmallow. That's not interesting, that's just... silly. I had expected a better reason to kill someone than wounded pride.

C-A

He killed Drew Misham to cover up the forgery and when Zak Gramarye showed up, he killed him to cover up his crimes from seven years ago because he was afraid he would be exposed. That's how I remember it at least. It's been a while. I could be wrong. Isn't wounded Pride the same reason Von Karma killed Edgeworth anyway?

earthlings on fire

I actually really liked 4-4.

I can definitely see why others don't like it, because it's not necessarily action-packed or thrilling, but to me it's got a lot of subtlety that I enjoyed.

The flashback case within 4-4 had GS1 music, which really excited me, and I loved the whole concept of Magnifi shooting himself in the head and having no 'criminal'. The intertwining present and future may not have made technical sense (in that it was totally unrealistic), but I found it to really bridge the massive gap between 3-5 and 4-1 that seemed to just be an empty space until 4-4.

To me, 4-4 relies heavily on a tone that had been building up the entire game. I don't find it to be pretentious like 5-5 was-- there's no wild antics just for the sake of having wild antics. It's calm and subdued, but it doesn't really pretend to be anything else. That Kristoph didn't go out with a ridiculous bang made sense-- being the dramatic man he was, it was a fitting punishment to have him trapped and found out quietly through Phoenix's patience as opposed to a crazy turnabout. Appreciating 4-4 was less of the excitement of the case itself but where it falls in the overall canon and how things developed into what they became.

But if I started out with GS4, I would have hated 4-4. I think you need to appreciate the first three games and Phoenix's shift in character to get the nuances in, well, the entire game, but especially this last case.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

How is 5-5 pretentious?

earthlings on fire

I felt that it tried to do grand themes / use grand plot devices that weren't really warranted.

Spoiler: 5-5 / off-topic opinion
The kidnapping scheme to me is what stands out like a sore thumb at first--it's a huge thing for a story to do but they fumbled and it played off as awkward and not emotionally riveting, IMO-- I never sensed any danger in the slightest. On top of that, the usage of the broken courtroom was excellent, yet the reason they were there (so-called kidnapper's demands) was, again, a bit weak. The case tried so hard to be big and majestic, but I didn't feel any of that when I played. I think it probably had to do with poor pacing; perhaps if they built it up a little better then I would have cared a bit more. But overall, it felt very in love with itself.

But to make this post relevant to the thread:

I enjoyed 4-3. I also can see why people don't like this case-- some of the contradictions were downright stupid-- but the idea of a murder taking place at a rock concert was interesting to me, and I enjoyed getting to see more of Klavier outside of court, even if he was a bit of a brat in this case! The music was good, the locations were colourful, and the character designs were neat. It was stylistically successful.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Spoiler: 5-5
Yeah, I'll admit the kidnapping plot was very pointless in that case. I still think there's a lot of good in that case, though, especially with regards to the setting. I think they just wanted to ramp up the tension. It didn't feel pretentious IMO

I don't like 4-3 much for reasons that many others have gone into. I will say that the concept and mystery are built on a great premise but the execution is just bad.

In my opinion, AAI-4 is an example of a great case revolving around a dumb mystery and 4-3 is a dumb case revolving around a great mystery

Surf's Up!

I really like 3-3. I have to say I really like the characters (with the exception of Jean Armstrong), and I like how instead of your client just being on trial, that they start already having been sentenced (which changes it up a bit - at least it did for me).

Cravat of Doom wrote:
I actually really liked 4-4.

I can definitely see why others don't like it, because it's not necessarily action-packed or thrilling, but to me it's got a lot of subtlety that I enjoyed.

The flashback case within 4-4 had GS1 music, which really excited me, and I loved the whole concept of Magnifi shooting himself in the head and having no 'criminal'. The intertwining present and future may not have made technical sense (in that it was totally unrealistic), but I found it to really bridge the massive gap between 3-5 and 4-1 that seemed to just be an empty space until 4-4.

To me, 4-4 relies heavily on a tone that had been building up the entire game. I don't find it to be pretentious like 5-5 was-- there's no wild antics just for the sake of having wild antics. It's calm and subdued, but it doesn't really pretend to be anything else. That Kristoph didn't go out with a ridiculous bang made sense-- being the dramatic man he was, it was a fitting punishment to have him trapped and found out quietly through Phoenix's patience as opposed to a crazy turnabout. Appreciating 4-4 was less of the excitement of the case itself but where it falls in the overall canon and how things developed into what they became.

But if I started out with GS4, I would have hated 4-4. I think you need to appreciate the first three games and Phoenix's shift in character to get the nuances in, well, the entire game, but especially this last case.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. The more I think about Apollo Justice, the more I find myself impressed by the game, even if 4-2 and 4-3 are pretty boring and most characters could've used a bit more fleshing out. The overarching mystery and eerie feel to the soundtrack really leaves a lasting impression, unlike Dual Destinies. 5-5 is by far my least favorite game in the franchise due to the horrible, horrible structure, poor writing, self-loving as you so aptly put it and numerous slip-ups.

On a more positive note, I really like 1-3. It's not the most exciting case in the series, but it's filled with character development, humor and it has a fantastic ending. You also get to see Phoenix and Maya interact properly for the first time, which is awesome, there are no other words to describe it. The monkey head blocking the path (even though the photograph(s) make(s) it clear that you could have easily walked around it) is one of the stupidest plot points in the franchise, however, up there with the pendulum in 3-5.

I think 4-1 is the tits but every character in Apollo Justice is so...boring. Klavier is boring (too fair) and Apollo's ok. I wasn't as bothered by Hobo Nick as everyone else. Ema, though? Awful. I know some people like the change in her character but she was my favorite assistant and they ruined her. I'd go far enough to say its character assassination. I do really like Trucy, Kristoph, and especially Valant. They were the highlights

JesusMonroe wrote:
I think 4-1 is the tits but every character in Apollo Justice is so...boring. Klavier is boring (too fair) and Apollo's ok. I wasn't as bothered by Hobo Nick as everyone else. Ema, though? Awful. I know some people like the change in her character but she was my favorite assistant and they ruined her. I'd go far enough to say its character assassination. I do really like Trucy, Kristoph, and especially Valant. They were the highlights

I think 4-1 is my favorite case in the AJ game. I didn't dislike Hobohodo, quite frankly, I love him. I seem to have a thing for older men, especially for fathers, hehe, and his personality didn't seem too changed. After all, Phoenix was already kind of cynical and sarcastic when we played him. Difference in AJ is, he's open about it now and not just thinking that stuff.

The case itself was fun enough, although I found Olga to be somewhat... meh. The introduction of the bracelet's perceiving was strangely done. Like, Phoenix first mentions that she touches her neck, and then Apollo notices it. It seems a bit... forced, like Apollo wouldn't have noticed it, unless Phoenix had pointed it out.

As for Kristoph... eh, he was a not very good villain.
I don't think Dahlia is all that great, but he seemed worse than she.
At least she did manage to do things for self-gain.
He did things out of hurt pride, the baby.

C-A

I thought Kristoph killed Zak out of fear that he'd be revealed as Zak's first attorney. It had nothing to do with losing at poker or bitterness towards Zak picking Phoenix.

I thought Kristoph killed Zak out of fear that he'd be revealed as Zak's first attorney. It had nothing to do with losing at poker or bitterness towards Zak picking Phoenix.

JesusMonroe wrote:

To me, always felt more like he was all "My pride has been hurt" and hence he set Phoenix up with the forged paper. Yeah, he was gonna use it himself, but he specifically told Klavier of the forgery, so he really set Phoenix up there cause of hurt pride. Eventually killing Shadi when he met him again.

C-A

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

I love Rise From The Ashes. Does anyone hate it? :edgey:
ImageImageImage

Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!

Damarus wrote:
I love Rise From The Ashes. Does anyone hate it? :edgey:

*jumps up and down with hand in air* I thought I made that quite clear in the last few days~ :gant:

C-A

Kristoph framed Nick for the forgery because of hurt pride but the murder was committed to hide the forgery and save his reputation

And pretty much everyone loves Rise from the Ashes. It's fine if you don't like it, but CatMuto is definitely in the minority

JesusMonroe wrote:
save his reputation

Cares for his reputation, he has unnecessary pride, pride only gets in the way, it's practically the same for me.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
save his reputation

Cares for his reputation, he has unnecessary pride, pride only gets in the way, it's practically the same for me.

C-A

It's not just reputation. He'd lose his badge and possibly go to prison (maybe not, though, since Phoenix didn't). You could still argue pride, I'm just sick of people saying, "Dumbest motive in the series! Killing someone over a card game?!!?!! DAT don't make no sense!"

By the way, I think Dahlia Hawthorne is by far the most overrated character in the series

JesusMonroe wrote:
By the way, I think Dahlia Hawthorne is by far the most overrated character in the series

Oh yeah, she is not a very good villain. While she succeeded in killing two people, it was never really two people she had planned to kill. They keep saying she's evil, yet throw a backstory at her that makes her supposed to seem sympathetic. I'm still annoyed when I play 3-5 and get to the part where Dahlia's host is revealed, and instead of doing something, like, for example, running out of the courthouse and throwing herself/her host's body in front of the next car, she just stands there and lets them mock her. And nobody can tell me that running out of that courtroom or even house can be difficult, especially since Young!Phoenix managed it, for one.

C-A

Even if Dahlia couldn't run out, she could've at least clawed at her face or gouged her eyes out and cause severe facial disfiguration. Maybe she could even smash her teeth against the witness stand or her temple against the corner. That would cause some internal hemmorraging and some severe issues for Maya in the future

Exactly! Or even try ripping/biting her wrists open. Or even stab them open with a hairpin, considering her hair obviously requires at least one to get it up like that.

C-A

Thane wrote:
Cravat of Doom wrote:
On a more positive note, I really like 1-3. It's not the most exciting case in the series, but it's filled with character development, humor and it has a fantastic ending. You also get to see Phoenix and Maya interact properly for the first time, which is awesome, there are no other words to describe it. The monkey head blocking the path (even though the photograph(s) make(s) it clear that you could have easily walked around it) is one of the stupidest plot points in the franchise, however, up there with the pendulum in 3-5.

I didn't like 1-3 for many reasons. One, the investigation is BORING. It's by far the worst investigation segments in the series and it just gets tedious and really hard to find out what to do to progress. Plus, the case wasn't interesting enough to justify long investigations (it was also obvious from the get go that Hammer was in the Steel Samurai suit and that Vasquez was the killer, so getting to the point where the characters find that out is just annoying)

The only character development I recall is from Edgeworth. I don't remember it being that funny, but it's been a while since playing so I'll take your word on that. I never really liked Maya so the interactions don't add much to the case for me. The monkey blocking the head was annoying (and could've been explained if they added some electric fences near the head. Also, this was the third inanimate object that told time in this game) but I also really hated the steak plate. "It takes fifteen minutes to eat a steak so I can't be the killer." WHAT? Who takes fifteen minutes to eat a t-bone? What kind of dumb alibi is that? And people thought it was credible? They also could've explained the missing steak bone by saying they burned the bone after eating the meal.

I actually thought the ending was underwhelming with the self-defense thing. I did love that last contradiction, though. It's blatantly obvious but it takes a little bit of time to figure out because the turnabout made you forget some fundamental aspects of the case, like the fact that it was Will who was injured

Anyway, this went on longer than I thought so you don't need to bother replying if you don't want to

JesusMonroe wrote:
Thane wrote:
Cravat of Doom wrote:

I didn't like 1-3 for many reasons. One, the investigation is BORING. It's by far the worst investigation segments in the series and it just gets tedious and really hard to find out what to do to progress. Plus, the case wasn't interesting enough to justify long investigations (it was also obvious from the get go that Hammer was in the Steel Samurai suit and that Vasquez was the killer, so getting to the point where the characters find that out is just annoying)

The only character development I recall is from Edgeworth. I don't remember it being that funny, but it's been a while since playing so I'll take your word on that. I never really liked Maya so the interactions don't add much to the case for me. The monkey blocking the head was annoying (and could've been explained if they added some electric fences near the head. Also, this was the third inanimate object that told time in this game) but I also really hated the steak plate. "It takes fifteen minutes to eat a steak so I can't be the killer." WHAT? Who takes fifteen minutes to eat a t-bone? What kind of dumb alibi is that? And people thought it was credible? They also could've explained the missing steak bone by saying they burned the bone after eating the meal.

I actually thought the ending was underwhelming with the self-defense thing. I did love that last contradiction, though. It's blatantly obvious but it takes a little bit of time to figure out because the turnabout made you forget some fundamental aspects of the case, like the fact that it was Will who was injured

Anyway, this went on longer than I thought so you don't need to bother replying if you don't want to

There's also that
Spoiler: Case 1-3
The mob just sort of pops up out of no where, and on top of that it's like a Big Lipped Alligator Moment in that it's never mentioned again, and it's never really relevant to the case.
That and I thought Phoenix was an idiot for flashing around crucial evidence to the one person who could take it away. Although Phoenix has a habit of doing that...

But if the mob never showed up, we could've never seen Gumshoe be competent and badass (but yeah, it was kind of a Big Lipped Alligator Moment)
Page 1 of 3 [ 90 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby