Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Asinine Attorney DLC questionsTopic%20Title

A Kirby and AA fan

I have a few questions about this DLC, particularly questions that will determine whether I'm gonna purchase this DLC or not...

1. About how long are these stories? As in, how long does the average reader take to finish them, each?
2. Are they linear? Do they require any user input (like finding contradictions, solving puzzles, answering questions, walking around, etc.)?
3. Is it a mystery story? Or is it more like nonsensical slice-of-life "characters talk to each other and that's it" kind of affair
4. This is subjective, but did you enjoy them? No spoilers, please. Just simply say if you liked it and if you regretted your purchase or not
Re: Asinine Attorney DLC questionsTopic%20Title

The cape is self-fluttering

Nurio wrote:
I have a few questions about this DLC, particularly questions that will determine whether I'm gonna purchase this DLC or not...

1. About how long are these stories? As in, how long does the average reader take to finish them, each?
2. Are they linear? Do they require any user input (like finding contradictions, solving puzzles, answering questions, walking around, etc.)?
3. Is it a mystery story? Or is it more like nonsensical slice-of-life "characters talk to each other and that's it" kind of affair
4. This is subjective, but did you enjoy them? No spoilers, please. Just simply say if you liked it and if you regretted your purchase or not

1. Short. Roughly an hour, maybe less. Two hours if you're really screwing around.
2. Linear, yes. All user input is limited to court, so you'll have to find some contradictions in testimony, press the witness, etc. You don't really get to walk around, though in the AJ episode, you can "visit" some areas for the purpose of testimony.
3. Not really a mystery. The PW episode involves some trickery and confusion, so in a way, you're pretending there is a mystery. The AJ episode involves decision making.
4. I enjoyed them enough. I don't think they were worth the price by themselves, but since they both come with a 3DS theme, it was okay by me.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The video game boy; the one who wins

Half an hour maybe... if even that (I pressed all statements). I bought them the respective mornings they came out and finished them before getting out of bed.
They take place in court with cross-examinations. And a little distance-"investigation" part in the Apollo one. They both have a bad ending as well.
They play out like mini-trials in court, basically. But they're not mysteries. It's kind of nonsensical just for fun, the judge even says in the beginning they're not to be taken seriously but rather something that could happen in some other universe.
I did enjoy them, they were fun enough and very lighthearted (and the only chance of seeing Klavier). But... very short. I don't regret buying them but you get little content for that price (not counting the 3DS themes because I purchased them to get the Asinine attorney).
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

I'd say that you're not missing out on much. Just watch them on YouTube.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Southern Corn wrote:
I'd say that you're not missing out on much. Just watch them on YouTube.

Yes. I'd have done that if I'd been thinking. Not that they weren't fun to play, but they probably provide approximately the same level of entertainment just watching them, and I'm very sure I won't replay them.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

It was short, but 2 endings might as well be the price.

I was thinking about buying the AJ one and I have some questions also.

1. Which over asinine attorney do you think is better?

2. Which bonus 3ds theme is better?

I'd appreciate it if anyone could answer these questions.
Edit: I just settled on buying the AJ one.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)