Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 45 of 50[ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 50  Next

Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

:)

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
Loving the theory, Chloe <3 But how do you explain how similar Kristoph and Klavier look? :3

I don't think Klavier is a natural blonde, but I'd say Kristoph is. I guess Klavier idolizes Kristoph a lot.

FINE

Chloe wrote:
Kinda explains why I can't take Klavier x Apollo that seriously.

I noticed the same but with kristoph, they almost have the same face/expression.
Chloe wrote:
Apollo/Klavier is incest as far as I'm concerned, so I won't be fangirling over it anytime soon.

Uh, what about apollo/trucy?
Your fanfic contained it.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Chloe wrote:

... What the hell.. :beef: ...

... Awesome. But I don't understand, why you don't want ship AxK.. Or misunderstood I this? :oops:
Well, then, I'm an obsessed AxK-shipper, but that's.. bad, isn't that? ://

... She's his mother. Ergo.

:)

Hey Mary, shipping is a free bitch, you can ship whoever you want. Your A/K spazzing is cute. =)
Auraion wrote:
Uh, what about apollo/trucy?
Your fanfic contained it.

I like it still, not as much as when I started writing Law Plus Chaos, but I don't mind it. I don't hate Apollo/Trucy or Apollo/Klavier but I just prefer other ships.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Chloe wrote:
Hey Mary, shipping is a free bitch, you can ship whoever you want. Your A/K spazzing is cute. =)

Ah, ha, I know that.. :edgy:

... Really?

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

My childhood right here

Chloe wrote:

They even have the same hair style.

The cape is self-fluttering

Afoolisafoolisafool wrote:
Soz adrian in black, but still, rewind them 20 years and if she still likes edgey, that counts as her bein' a pedo.

I'm not arguing with the IF. But the fact of the matter is Oldbag developed a crush on Edgeworth while he was in his twenties. If she had met him as a child, she probably would have dismissed him as just another whippersnapper.

Chloe wrote:

Hmm... it isn't a bad theory, now that I see them side by side. But isn't it a little strange? Apollo and Trucy, who ARE related to Thalassa, don't look very much like her at all.

I think it's probably just one of those look-a-like things. Maybe they just used the same sprite base and hoped nobody would notice.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Chloe wrote:

This is amazing.

Hey, pal!!!

:yogi: ........... I still think about feenris being .... not right. I believe the latter of it to be correct

yeah, well Adrian in black, whatever.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/8RDo_G6LDGs/0.jpg
Yeah.... probably the hand to butt thing....

Love. Lost. Elegy.

Chloe wrote:

Whoa, just whoa.. I mean, I don't like Klavier, but that's interesting, in any fact.
Maybe she had three men, because Apollo don't look like Klavier and also Trucy. In other words: A third man with blonde hair.
I know, I'm not exactly that right, but.. That's my feedback. :redd:
And I can't take Klavier x Apollo, too.
But I'm a huge fan of Klavier x Kristoph... 8D
Jesse Pinkman: What if we can rip off that train, and no one ever knows it got robbed?

whut?

There's only two I don't like, and that would be Phoenix/Iris and Edgeworth/Franziska.

And before you cry "BAWWW YAOI FANGIRL", let me explain! For a start, yes I love P/E, but I also love Phoenix/Fran. (and would just like to boot Iris out of the picture altogether). Edgeworth/Fran just feels too much like Phoenix/Maya to me - I can't help but see them as siblings. Plus, I have a hard time picturing Edgeworth in a relationship or in bed with any women. For some reason though I love the idea of them as a threesome. So... I guess I'm not totally against it.

As for Phoenix/Iris..... oh man, did that ever feel contrived. I just feel like fans latch onto that pairing because they're desperate to find a canon female love interest for Phoenix. I wouldn't have minded if Iris had been introduced in the first game or something, but she was just... shoehorned into T&T. Plus, I did really want to slap her across the face sometimes. I know she's supposed to be a Yamato Nadeshiko, but I guess that doesn't translate so well culturally. Meh.

Last edited by mashowasho on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I set unicorns on fire for fun. :D

I don't really loathe any pairings, but there's some that just aren't my cup of tea. Might as well just copypaste what I put on the back-up forums.

:phoenix: x :edgeworth: (Aside from that I don't like yaoi, I don't think their personalities mesh very well in a relationship type way. Edgeworth needs someone equally sophisticated and mature!)

:whip: x :adrian-crunch: (This one always sort of confused me. I didn't pick up any sort of connection between the two during JFA, and frankly, I have trouble seeing Franny with ANYONE. Except maybe a hot-blooded boy who can yell at her back.)

:Hoboright: x :sassy: (I don't know, I just don't like it. Not Hobohodo and older!Ema.)

:think-think-think: x :minuki: (The reason: incestttttttt )

:edgy: x :keylady: (Same reason as I stated before: Edgey needs someone who is equally mature and sophisticated, and Kay is practically the opposite of that.)

:cody-talk: x :pearly: (What's with this one, anyway? Just because they're close in age...? )

:apollo-shock: x :hobohodo2: (This is one is just kind of creepy...)

Ayup. I actually sort of dislike quite a few pairings, but those are all I can think of right now.

whut?

Unicornfire wrote:
:whip: x :adrian-crunch: (This one always sort of confused me. I didn't pick up any sort of connection between the two during JFA
There's not really a connection as such, but Adrian seems to start developing that "co-dependency" thing towards Franziska, when she refuses to testify it's because Fran told her not to, etc. Then that comment at the end of T&T when she talks about Fran giving her whip lessons. Kinda kinky if you take that to its logical conclusion, no? Okay, I jest. But fans have shipped couples over less than that.....

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

Basically, I dislike:

:phoenix: X :edgeworth: = Because OBVIOUSLY Phoenix is straight, just ask T&T. And I can never imagine Edgey being homosexual.
:franny: X :adrian: = Because neither of them are homosexual, ESPECIALLY not Franny.
:redd: X :grossburg: = HOW DOES THIS EXIST.
:eh?: X :edgeworth: = They're like 2 classmates. They're friends, but they're not in love. Obviously, this pairing is silly.
:gregory: X :karma: = Because Gregory has a wife. So does Manfred. And besides, what sort of defense attorney has a relationship with a prosecutor who is opposite to him in every way?
:karma: X :gant: = How...can...this...exist... *dies*
:odoroki: X :hobohodo: = Because Apollo hates Hobohodo, and Hobohodo obviously doesn't care about Apollo.

I also hate incest. And yaoi and yuri.
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

whut?

Quote:
And I can never imagine Edgey being homosexual.
Funny, I can never imagine him being heterosexual. He's most likely not interested in either gender.
I'm actually rather surprised by how (relatively) unpopular P/E seems to be over here on CR. And how popular Phoenix/Iris is.

Quote:
:eh?: X :edgeworth: = They're like 2 classmates. They're friends, but they're not in love. Obviously, this pairing is silly.
Yeah, Hero worship =/= Love. Plus, Gumshoe has Maggey, right.....?

Quote:
I also hate incest. And yaoi and yuri.
I'm almost exclusively a het-shipper myself, but (most) fans of a lot of the slash pairings aren't exactly trying to claim them as canon. Again though, in some cases that can be just as annoying. "Why do you ship that?" "Cause it's HAWT OHH YEAH". Sigh. Alright in small doses, but I prefer my pairings to be at least -partially- IC.

whut?

oh butts double posted and I can't figure out how to delete because I'm a derp.

Hmm ones I just don't like out of the 'popular' ones:

:maya: x :phoenix: - I've never seen a 'spark' between them. Plus I ship Feenris.
:edgeworth: x :phoenix: - I'm not a yaoi fan, and even if I were, I'd need to be able to imagine that there may be some possibility of homosexuality, but I can't imagine :edgeworth: or :phoenix: being so, at all.
:odoroki: x :kyouya: - Same explanation as above.
:edgeworth: x :eh?: - Just...no, really.
:edgeworth: x :franny: - I see where people are coming from with this, but I will always view them as siblings.
:edgeworth: x Kay - She's way too immature for him, it's weird.

Haha, wow. I was just looking above and it seems like I really don't like Edgeworth pairings. Meh, he is just a hard person to imagine with anyone. But there's a couple of peopleI ship him with afterall.

:phoenix: x :edgeworth: - I just don't like yaoi I guess. And they don't seem compatible with each other.
:phoenix: x :ayame: - Easy. Phoenix moved on. He's not Feenie anymore. And I really don't like what Iris did to him.
:edgeworth: x :franny: - This doesn't really stand out much to me.
:franny: x :adrian: - Um, I also don't like yuri.
:hotti: x Anyone - Eww...

This is all I can really think of.

I set unicorns on fire for fun. :D

Another one I should add: :franny: x :edgeworth:

I used to ship it before I played AAI. They didn't have very much interaction before then, honestly, what with Edgeworth being emo for 3/4 cases of JFA, Franziska being out of commission during half of 2-4, and Edgeworth and Franziska being otherwise occupied during 3-5. Most of their interaction was off-screen, so how they behaved towards each other was up to the imagination. I imagined something more like a love-hate friendship than what I got to see in AAI where they actually talked: Something VERY brother-sister like. I was immediately turned off towards the ship, and now I hold no fondness towards it at all. :payne:

visit me at amiej.devART.com

Jibo wrote:
:taser: x :damon:

And anyone with pearl except Cody.

This pretty much. I can't imagine them doing it or anything. And anyone with pearl, cos she's young, except Cody.

Faith is for the transient people.

mashowasho wrote:
As for Phoenix/Iris..... oh man, did that ever feel contrived. I just feel like fans latch onto that pairing because they're desperate to find a canon female love interest for Phoenix. I wouldn't have minded if Iris had been introduced in the first game or something, but she was just... shoehorned into T&T. Plus, I did really want to slap her across the face sometimes. I know she's supposed to be a Yamato Nadeshiko, but I guess that doesn't translate so well culturally. Meh.

But it was the only relationship with Phoenix that was actually canon at one point. Yeah, I know that doesn't mean it's obviously going to happen post-canon, but people can ship it because it happened. There's nothing wrong with that. (There's also nothing wrong with NOT shipping them.)

Hell, I'm in the process of revamping my fanfiction that details what would have happened if Iris gave in and confessed to Phoenix in their college years. Which would have made it stay canon. :phoenix: (But also would have created an extremely volatile and dangerous situation concerning Dahlia... :chinami: )

Honestly, the only reason I dislike any pairing in PW is because I don't generally ship same-sex couples. ... Except Franzy and Adrian. I still think that should be canon. Just because of the scene at the end of T&T with the whipping lessons.

I'm not fond of Phoenix/Maya because they're seven years apart in age. That turns me off quite a bit, sorry. =\ But I don't really mind it that much.
Proud supporter of Phoenix/Iris, past, present and future
Thank you Elriel! :D

I'm not fond of Phoenix/Edgeworth because the usual argument for it is "Takumi said Edgeworth doesn't like women, so he MUST be gay", which annoys me so much because there's this little thing called asexuality, and I actually see Edgeworth as asexual.
It's not just Ace Attorney fans, though; most fans in most fandoms seem to ignore the possibility that a character might be asexual (or bisexual or pansexual), which is very annoying.
I could say the same about every Edgeworth pairing, actually: he and Franziska are like siblings, and he seems more fatherly to Kay than anything. Maya is a bit too immature for him, while Ema just fangirls/admires him.
I really can't see Edgeworth with anyone in a relationship, to be honest.

I don't like Phoenix/Iris either because I like it when characters (and, well, people) move on, instead of spending their lives anchored to their past, and I want Phoenix to move on.
That, and I don't like Iris. Yamato Nadeshiko characters are so frustrating to me!

Mia/Diego. I know, I know, they're canon, but... I can't help but wonder about their relationship.
Spoiler: T&T spoilers
Godot did say he loved Mia, but Mia didn't say the same. And she didn't appear to be sad in the slightest about him going to jail (and dying). Sure, she's a very strong woman, and sure, she knows dead people don't just disappear, but still... it didn't seem to bother her at all. She's shown concern for Maya before, why not the man she was supposed to love?
Then, there's Godot attitude. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind of person who picks every single videogame appart just to find "sexist behavior" or stuff like that, but Godot seemed kind of sexist to me. First, the reason why he hated Phoenix so much because he "didn't protect Mia", and then revealed he actually hated himself because he was the one who couldn't protect her. The whole "protect your woman" deal bothers me so much. First, because Mia never asked anyone to protect her; and second, because she was an adult woman. She didn't need anyone to protect her. She died, but it wasn't anyone's fault. She died because she screwed up. No one had to protect her.

Anyway, I can buy that Godot really loved her (despite his sexist attitude), but I'm not so sure Mia returned his feelings.

I had a list that I typed out some time ago that I can just copy / paste, I guess....

Phoenix x Iris - I have nothing against Iris at all, but I think they both need to move on with their lives.
Phoenix x Edgeworth - I could possibly see it from Edgeworth, but that's it.
Phoenix x Kristoph
Phoenix x Apollo - Any sort of romance with them just isn't plausable to me after the events of AJ.
Franziska x Adrian - It didn't jump out at me when I was playing 2-4 like it did for so many people.
Franziska x Edgeworth - They view eachother as siblings only....
Apollo x Trucy - Same here. I mean, at the end of 4-4, Trucy implied she thinks of Apollo like a sibling, didn't she?
Edgeworth x Kay - No. Their personalities wouldn't work together, in my opinion.
Edgeworth x Gumshoe - It's platonic.
Ema x Klavier - I just don't like it much....
Kristoph x Klavier
Kristoph x Viola - I don't understand it, and I don't think it would work.
Godot x Phoenix - Godot is Miasexual.
Godot x Edgeworth - ^
Ron x Luke
.: Daughter of Aliucon and Lida_Rose on the CR Family Tree :.

I have a serious problem with pairings including at least 1 person who is already married in the games, like Ron, Desirée, Manfred, y'know. Because... they don't cheat on each other, the people who are already married in the games just aren't going to cheat on the other person.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

Phoenix X Maya - I just can't see it happening. They are very close friends, but that is all I see it as.
Edgeworth X Franziska - I have never supported this ship and never will. I can't see it one bit. They have a sibling relationship, and that was even more built on in GK-4.
Edgeworth X Gumshoe - How did this even start? Gumshoe is Edgey's loyal partner in investgation, not his boyfriend. Plus, it is made pretty obvious that Gumshoe only has eyes for Maggey (Well, not in 3-4 but, Gummy hadn't even met Maggey yet). It's almost as canon as Miego.
Diego X anyone besides Mia - This may just be my burning love for Miego talking, but I had to put this down. Though I dislike GodotXanygirl and GodotXanyguy equally, Putting him with a guy is just a slap across the face right there. First off, what evidence does anyone possibly have to indicate that Godot is gay? Zero. Second, he couldn't be gay because of just how much he went through for the woman he loved. He threw away his whole identity to avenge Mia. You could tell, even before we knew of his connection with her, that he acted different when she was being channeled during 3-2 and 3-3. Also, did he kind of came off as a bit of a player in 3-4 to everyone, or was it just me? (sorryforbigrantimmastopnow)
.Marisa. wrote:
Godot is Miasexual.

Ahahahahaahahahahaha "Miasexual" I like it!

Trucy X Mr. Hat - ...do I even need to explain this?

Of course, their are other pairings I don't like, but these are my top 5.
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

Oh, I dislike Klaviema.

I don't know why people would put them together. Klavier may have a crush on Ema, but Ema hates him to Hell. She would never get friendly with Klavier. Ema hates him so much.

earthlings on fire

Xero Wright wrote:
I'm not fond of Phoenix/Maya because they're seven years apart in age. That turns me off quite a bit, sorry. =\ But I don't really mind it that much.

I...agree. A while back I thought I started to like it but no, not really. I mean, Maya is very childish for her age and seven years is already a big gap. Age gaps are always a deterrent for me when it comes to pairings. And the idea of a physical relationship between the two is rather disturbing. I can't picture Maya having sex with ANYONE. It makes me feel dirty. I know that obviously not all relationships are like that but the very idea of it bothers me quite a bit and I can't really get past it.
I just see their relationship too much like a brother/sister thing. Which, in that context, I'm very fond of. :maya:
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

whut?

Quote:
Edgeworth X Gumshoe - How did this even start? Gumshoe is Edgey's loyal partner in investgation, not his boyfriend. Plus, it is made pretty obvious that Gumshoe only has eyes for Maggey (Well, not in 3-4 but, Gummy hadn't even met Maggey yet). It's almost as canon as Miego.
The problem with a lot of the fanpairings is that shippers aren't really bothered by how canon or not they actually are.

I myself like to keep pairings in-character as much as possible, even if I know they're fanon. Just because it's a fanpairing doesn't give you a licence to completely reinterpret the character, IMO. So for example, with Phoenix and Edgeworth, as much as I love it with all my heart, I do kinda see it as more of a bromance or -possibly- a one-sided thing from Edgeworth's POV. But come on. Phoenix is obviously straight and Edgeworth isn't exactly great with feelings and social relationships and whatnot. The best scenario I can forsee is that they just stay as they are, as friendly rivals/partners. (And both single.) To those people who insist it's canon or that (and I'm not kidding I've seen this written in comments) they are going to magically get together in a hypothetical PW5, you are deluding yourselves.
If it's just a crackpairing for the lulz however, I'm okay with that. Just.... no hentai, please. My... poor eyes.

And this is also why I'm on the fence about P/M. Not because of the age gap (is it really so much of an issue? Case in point: Gumshoe and Maggey, have 8 years between them, and I've not seen an objection raised about that yet), but just due to their dynamic. I think it COULD be plausible if Capcom wanted to spin it that way, but so far I'm seeing nothing.

earthlings on fire

Well, Maggey's a lot more mature, and they're both adults. She's got a job (or many) and she's a woman, not like Maya who's practically still a kid. The age gap is less apparent with Maggey/Gumshoe because Maggey acts like an adult and became a cop, and Gumshoe is a bit immature so it balances out. But Maya...she's SO childish it's more obvious with P/M. She's still underage in the first game, too...
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Cravat of Doom wrote:
Well, Maggey's a lot more mature, and they're both adults. She's got a job (or many) and she's a woman, not like Maya who's practically still a kid. The age gap is less apparent with Maggey/Gumshoe because Maggey acts like an adult and became a cop, and Gumshoe is a bit immature so it balances out. But Maya...she's SO childish it's more obvious with P/M. She's still underage in the first game, too...

Exactly! I've never seen age gaps that much of an issue when you ship though, or even in real life. For example, my parents are 8 years apart, and they've lived through life just fine. Age doesn't matter unless it's like 20 years difference or something. I don't dislike P/M for that reason anyways.

Another pairing I forgot to mention, Klavier X Ema. I used to ship it, but back then I hadn't even played AJ. But now I've played it and I have a different opinion on it. The thing is, Ema dislikes Klavier beyond a "Love each other but hate each other" kind of relationship. She just flat out hates the man. Now could she get a different idea of Klavier in GS5? Possibly. But as it is now I only will ship it if it's one-sided from Klavier's point of view, since it's obvious he has a crush on her :kyouya-pull:
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

Cravat of Doom wrote:
But Maya...she's SO childish

I highly disagree. There's no doubt she acts like a kid but it's more through choice than any inability to be more mature. Her wacky antics are how she deflects all the depression her tragic life would otherwise cause.

She's lived on her own since before 17, she's willing to sacrifice herself in 2-4 for the sake of justice, and she steps up to her responsibility as Kurain Master despite wanting nothing to do with it. You can see her mature over the series of the games and it's handled very well. She's certainly off kilter and perhaps a little flighty but she's not a dumb kid.

Quote:
She's got a job (or many) and she's a woman, not like Maya who's practically still a kid.

Maya has held jobs. It was channeling in 2-2, a single day as a waitress (not much, but we're talking Maggey here who has a new job every time we see her) in 3-2, and now she's Master of the Kurain Channeling Technique.

She's young, yes, but she's a young adult now. She just hides it well behind her personality and considering all she's been through it's amazing she still can.

/人◕‿‿◕人\

^ Would it be alright for me to marry this post?

*flees*
~Fanfiction~
"No. Men should die for lies. But the truth is too precious to die for."
-Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

Nevertalk, thank you for being so awesome.

Also, MiaFeyFan, that is a good way of thinking on Klaviema. Ema despises Klavier with all her heart, but Klavier has a crush on her. It's one-sided. >.<

FVKWY wrote:
Nevertalk, thank you for being so awesome.

Also, MiaFeyFan, that is a good way of thinking on Klaviema. Ema despises Klavier with all her heart, but Klavier has a crush on her. It's one-sided. >.<

Haha thanks! And yeah, I feel for Klavier in that sense >< Even though he's a rock god, he still can't get the girl. Kind of reminds me of this Shania Twain song :yogi: you know, "That don't impresss me much"? From Ema's perspective, of course.
UGH now I wanna write a fanfic! :beef:

I don't care for same sex pairings in general because the reasons for it never make any sense. More specifically, I hate yaoi. I really do. Even more specifically, I loathe the Phoenix/Edgeworth pairing with every fiber of my being.

I'm neutral to everything else.
*cough*
Shameless advertisement for my Ask Edgeworth blog.
*cough*

Lionheart1230 wrote:
I don't care for same sex pairings in general because the reasons for it never make any sense. More specifically, I hate yaoi. I really do. Even more specifically, I loathe the Phoenix/Edgeworth pairing with every fiber of my being.

This is exactly my train of thought.

I'm workin' on it.

I don't like any yaoi in general. These are the pairings I especially loathe:

Phoenix x Edgeworth - just plain stupid. Only people who haven't played GS3 can say Phoenix isn't straight. OhandEdgeyisstraighttooIthink.
von Karma x Anyone - nobody could ever be in love with someone like this asshole.
Edgeworth x Maya - I can't see Maya with anyone other than Phoenix.
Any married person x any single person - it's just wrong.

Methinks that's it.
Check out my fangame.

... Yeah, that's it.

Last edited by Nyuugen on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Well...bisexuality and pansexuality are things that do exist, y'know. o3o
~Fanfiction~
"No. Men should die for lies. But the truth is too precious to die for."
-Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

We know. But what's pansexuality? Nvm, I'm look it up.

Basically any pairing that has to do with incest or pedophilia.
Page 45 of 50 [ 1993 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 50  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby