Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 7 of 50[ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 50  Next

Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Science: It's cuter than ever

The sweet moments I was referring to were 1-1 and at the VERY end of 1-2.
But neither moments are the least bit indicative of any sort of intimacy whatsoever. It basically confirmed that any feelings between them were mentoresque. And I agree with you Phantom...she always seemed to be playing with him despite the seriousness of the situations :/ She's also pretty cold at some points, which kind of kills any liking of her in a relationship for me.

raging klavier crush

Mmm. I was fairly open to Phoenix/Mia, based on the first game - not particularly interested, but I could see where people got it - but in the second game, their interaction basically completely shut it down for me. Mia's behavior to Phoenix was so reminiscent of that of a mother that the possibility, for me, just stopped.

The thing with Mia and Phoenix is that, while they're close and they care about each other, I think there's a measure of distance between them. Mia pops up to give Phoenix advice, but I don't think they provoke any particularly interesting responses from each other on a personal level. Their interaction seems very restricted to Mia's guidance of him when he's having trouble with a case. Phoenix looks to Mia for guidance, and treasures her as a friend, and Mia is obviously very fond of him, but I suppose there aren't those suggestions of intimacy or tension I would associate with potential romance.

(Which is sort of an issue I had with Mia's character in general, honestly--her emotional responses to her loved ones and the events around her always seems so underplayed, and boxed in the context of her role of mentor, even when her sister is starving to death in a basement. That's part of why I adore her canon pairing so much. Her relationship with that person actually broke her out of that emotionally distant 'mentor' shell; the part where she made clear how much she was willing to sacrifice for him was what finally made me really and truly love her.)

Smokin'

I'm pretty open to most pairings, but anything involving :damon:, :udgy:, :karma:, :grossburg:, :payne:, or :wendy: just creeps me out.
Thanks go to the lovely little Miss Yuu-chan for the siggy. <3

Am I your wild-type?

The only pairing I hate MORE than the ones I said here and I would actually support when this situaiton gets shoved in my face? >.>

Fan characters/any official characters. Whether they're self-inserts or made up. It doesn't matter. When I read fanfiction and see fanart, I only want to see my favorite characters. Since I do not know who the heck your charcter is in the art or story, I really won't be even interested. Only you and your own friends ever care about those kinda things, ya know? -_-

Last edited by Morinozuka Takashi on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

^ Says the person who tried to kiss Edgeworth in one of his PW Funnies...

I know it can be annoying at times, especially when it's done horribly. Then again, it's their fantasies and they can write/draw whatever the fuck they want...

However, if they actually get romantically involve themselves (not the self insert, but the person themselves.), then there is a problem...
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!

Am I your wild-type?

At least Takashi is an existing and official character. I'm just taking his character and doing whatever I want with it. Even though I think Mori/Hunny is canon and my other OTP.. but that's another fandom and story.

I just always go by my own law if 'you're going to make up an OC, then can they at least be bothered to make up a lover for them or something?'. But that's just me. I mean, they did go through all the touble making up a "background" for the self-insert and the OC itself....

You show me a well-written fanfiction and you might have meconveinced, but so far... Nothing. -_-

Indeed it would be a problem. *nods*

You'd better be nice to Mr. Judge!

My least favorite pairing is :phoenix: / :edgy: . They're good friends, not lovers. I don't know exactly why but if I see fanart of them kissing or something like that, it makes me sick.

Science: It's cuter than ever

Morinozuka Takashi wrote:
The only pairing I hate MORE than the ones I said here and I would actually support when this situaiton gets shoved in my face? >.>

Fan characters/any official characters. Whether they're self-inserts or made up. It doesn't matter. When I read fanfiction and see fanart, I only want to see my favorite characters. Since I do not know who the heck your charcter is in the art or story, I really won't be even interested. Only you and your own friends ever care about those kinda things, ya know? -_-

Secondedsecondedseconded.
If these fics weren't OOC, the situation would end up more like in my avatar than the canon characters actually falling for the Mary-Sue o_o
I love some OCs (I'm looking at you, Gunther <3<3<3) but ugh D: There are so many Mary-Sues around it's hard to dig through to find the well-made and necessary OCs.

@PWTessa: Doesn't the "friends not lovers" position apply to pretty much ALL pairings with the exception of the very few canon couples? :sal:

俺の黄金の魔女

I was actually having a discussion about OCs and love interests with Raelle a short time ago, so here are my very quick thoughts.

I think the reason why OC/canon tend to ping me is because of the role I see OCs having. To me, when dealing with a canon story, OCs should be narrative devices used sparingly. I think their usage is to either fufill a role a canon character isn't suited for (for example, as a witness/victim/defendant/ect for when you just don't want to use Maya for the seventeenth time) or to illuminate something about the canon character.

But when you make an OC into a love interest, I think that tends to create a problem for me because, well okay. If an OC is used to show the gaps in a canon character, then by having the OC go BEYOND just showing, you're actually having them "fix" the character--filling in those gaps. And that's putting a huge emphasis on someone that wasn't in the original canon.

My point of reference for using OCs is simple. If the canon characters were to take a group picture of their best friends and loved ones, would my character be there? If yes, then I need to do some major rethinking.

I love your eyebrows Sir VK <3

Heh.. Least favorite?

Well besides obvious ick pairings, like with Pearl, Sal, Grossberg and the rest of those...

Most of the het couples without backing I can't even take to grasp. Esp. Phoenix/Maya. Esp. since I get more of the sibling thought of them... oh yeah. Franziska/Miles.. omg I just cry. It's like VERY obvious Franziska at least thinks of him as a YOUNGER BROTHER no more, no less.

HoboPhoenix/Emma is a real irker for me too. Just.. no?

Adrian/Matt
or
Adrian/Juan
Just no. There just wouldn't BE that.

Larry x Phoenix... no
Larry x Miles...no
Larry x Maya... no.

Don't get me wrong.. I like Larry, just not in a pairing DX

Gumshoe x Edgeworth. As much as I love to joke about it and such, I don't like the pairing. :x

God.. I sound so bitchy about things. DX

You'd better be nice to Mr. Judge!

SilverZephyr wrote:
@PWTessa: Doesn't the "friends not lovers" position apply to pretty much ALL pairings with the exception of the very few canon couples? :sal:

Uuh.. Yeah. :redd: But I meant that I see them as friends, and not as lovers like some people do. But actually, it was a meaningless point..

:nick: x :edgeworth:: I Just don't see it.

:draw: x :karate:: They are both good Characters, I just hate the Pairing.

:karma: x any Male: HE'S NOT GAY!!!

:karate: x any Male: HE IS ALSO NOT GAY!!!

Last edited by Wocky Kitaki on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask about my avatar for a chilling story

:phoenix: / :edgeworth:
Jeez, put two guys in the same room in a video game and everyone thinks they're gay.
ImageTHERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT POWERImage

@Manfred von Awesome: Uhh...maybe you could perhaps tone it down with the hatred for PxE, or at least reword it. Most of the people who support the pairing HAVE played the game. I understand if the whole Main Character/His Main Male Rival pairing thing is not your style. Hell, as much as I dislike the pairing, I can at least see why people like it, unlike other popular Main/Rival pairing *cough*Harry/Draco*cough*

Just looking out for you. Don't want to make you look like a complete ass...

@CI: O.K.

Am I your wild-type?

GodotFan23 wrote:

:phoenix: / :edgeworth:
Jeez, put two guys in the same room in a video game and everyone thinks they're gay.

Not necessarily, good sir. But I do see why you don't like it. Not everyone has to, after all.
Not all fans of the pairing are shallow like that. Make sure not to make generalizations like that next time...

Well, you bring up a good point, Mori. Miles DOES wear a cravat after all... people associate Cravats with that kind of stuff a lot. Oh, but then there's Austin Powers, cravat king #1... dang it! Now I'm just realizing there's not that much of a reason for the pairing!

Am I your wild-type?

GodotFan23 wrote:
Now I'm just realizing there's not that much of a reason for the pairing!

Couldn't that apply to basically any pairing in the series that's not canon? =P

Nick/Edgeyboy.. weird because they're also one of my favourite pairings. I want Nick to be straight, that's all... i like to think that Edgey has a one sided crush on Nick :edgy:

Heck YES!

:udgy:/ :bite:
:karma: /anyone
:eh?: / :badger:
need i say more?

Phoenix/Edgeworth [Please, don't kill me]
Gant/Phoenix [It SHOULD be more like Gant/Everyone]
Karma/Gant
Wellington/Galactica.

'Nuff said.

*insert title here*

Pairings involving Gant, Von Karma Sr., or Matt Engarde really creep me out.. I mean, basically anything that glorifies abusive relationships.
icon by: iconglomerate @ LJ

:phoenix: / :edgy: I can't see them as anything else than rivals or close friends-if even that. It's really overrated, as in: every 100 fanfics/fanarts, 80% is this pairing. And if you're a guy, imagine yourself making out with you best friend of the same gender. Yeah. That's what I thought (no offence to gay people)

:phoenix: / :franny: ...?

:pearly: / anyone over the age of 15: It explains itself.

*Waits to get shot*
*Please insert cheesy sig here*

OBJECTION!

:phoenix: / :mia: ?

Obviously they're friends. Fine. Mia pops up to offer Phoenix advice but not only do I think they have too much of a mentor/client relationship, Mia is dead. Wouldn't this be necrophilia?

:hobohodo: and :pearl: - This is just plain disturbing and self explanatory. In PW2, I think they almost have a father/daughter relationship as Phoenix looks after her but that's it.

:phoenix: / :franny: - ?

Fransiska is attractive (in an evil sort of way), but :phoenix: absolutely hates her, so I cant see this one happening.

:phoenix: / :edgeworth: There's tension between them as theyre both rivals and friends (kind of), it doesnt mean theyre gay IMO.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

(/o3o)/ ♥ \(ovo\)

If I had to pick a pairing that I didn't like, it would be :phoenix: / :maya: .

Most of the fans (not saying all of them) usually can't see Phoenix with anyone else. They'll go "OMG PHOENIXANDMAYA OTP <333 NO ONE ELSE CAN BE WITH PHOENIX." And honestly, that gets annoying. -_-;;

(no offense to phoenix/maya fans ^^;;)

And also, I'm going to say that I generally like all pairings. If there is a pairing I don't like, it would be because of the fans of that pairing.

(please dont shoot me kthx)

OBJECTION!

As for :phoenix: /:edgeworth: I've heard people say
Spoiler:
Case 4 in GS1 had homo erotic subtext in it, but I cant see it... what subtext?

Am I your wild-type?

I just never liked Phoenix/Maya becasue... gah. Like Croik said, the idea of a 24-year old going out with someone who's 17, but acts likes she's 12-13, doesn't appeal to me. Sorry. D=

Pink_Princess wrote:
And if you're a guy, imagine yourself making out with you best friend of the same gender. Yeah. That's what I thought (no offence to gay people)

Hm? I did, once. Thus, it IS possible to happen. Not in this series, necessarily, but it can happen.

If you're trying to mean no offense to gay people like myself, maybe you should be a little more careful on how you word those sort of things. If you don't know how, maybe you shouldn't even be saying anything at all. =P

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Morinozuka Takashi wrote:
I just never liked Phoenix/Maya becasue... gah. Like Croik said, the idea of a 24-year old going out with someone who's 17, but acts likes she's 12-13, doesn't appeal to me. Sorry. D=

Pink_Princess wrote:
And if you're a guy, imagine yourself making out with you best friend of the same gender. Yeah. That's what I thought (no offence to gay people)

Hm? I did, once. Thus, it IS possible to happen. Not in this series, necessarily, but it can happen.

If you're trying to mean no offense to gay people like myself, maybe you should be a little more careful on how you word those sort of things. If you don't know how, maybe you shouldn't even be saying anything at all. =P

I'm mostly straight and I made out with a good male friend. We were both SMASHED but it still happened. >_>

....he was a good kisser.

<_<
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

俺の黄金の魔女

grim_tales wrote:
As for :phoenix: /:edgeworth: I've heard people say
Spoiler:
Case 4 in GS1 had homo erotic subtext in it, but I cant see it... what subtext?

PHOENIX WRIGHT: ONE OF THE WORLD'S THREE GREATEST STALKERS

Your lack of faith disturbs me.

PWTessa wrote:
My least favorite pairing is :phoenix: / :edgy: . They're good friends, not lovers. I don't know exactly why but if I see fanart of them kissing or something like that, it makes me sick.

I don't like Phoenix and Edgeworth together, either. They have a special bond of trust, but I don't think that they'll ever get intimate.

Just my opinion! :minuki:
Thanks Vickinator!

OBJECTION!

As for :phoenix: X :maya:, well.. I think they have a good friendship and are comfortable around each other, this does not necessarily indicate romance, but it's a step.

...Oh man, grim, Chinese Infantry's gonna kick your ass for that! ...Not as well as Darzie could beat you up but you will get beat up nonetheless.

OBJECTION!

Huh? It can be moved if you like. Or do you mean what I said?
I thought the
Spoiler:
scene with the card of 2-4
was really sweet. It's true they care for each other though.

(Hang on, whose side am I on? I said I liked that pairing...)

Last edited by grim_tales on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...Huh? You confused me.
...Just, keep those to yourself if CI's around.
secretly, I agree with you.

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Yes, because the best thing to do if someone doesn't like a pairing is to threaten them.

....gtfo my internets.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

...I don't wanna get involve in a pairing war...

Let me ship Phoenix/Maya in peace please....

nuuuuu, stoooooop

There will be no "beating up" of forum members based on their pairing preferences on this board, thank you very much.

Please everyone pay attention to which of the pairing threads you're in. In this thread, the object is only to discuss pairings you personally dislike. If you like a pairing mentioned in this thread, take your tastes to the "Favorite Pairing" thread, because that's where those belong.

Thank you~ :lana:
ImageImage

I know, I was just joking around.
...And making CI's Phoenix/Maya shipping thing seem high. Just jumping in the n00b. I'll stop.

Am I your wild-type?

Yes, because a non-Phoenix/Edgeworth person can get away with saying they don't like the big gay lawyers, yet when someone says they don't like Phoenix/Maya, it's bad?

Hm..... What's up with that logic? =P

OBJECTION!

I don't like the idea of Phoenix/Mia much (this is at the very beginning). She's his good friend - nothing more. Sometimes she's very friendly, and others more like a mentor.
Page 7 of 50 [ 1993 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 50  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby