Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 43 of 50[ 1989 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next
 


Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Posts: 817

Worst pairings:

Gav-Incest (Why?! WHY?! ON THE TOP OF IT, ONE OF THEM IS A PSYCHO, FOR GODS SAKE!!)

Hawthorne-Twincest (See above)

Kristoph-Apollo (WTF?!?! Where does that even come from?!)

And anything involving Miles Trauma-Killed-My-Libido Edgeworth in a physical way. I, myself BFF-ship him with Phoenix, but I can't see him getting anymore engaged than that with ANYONE.


Oh, and anything involving Psycho Dahlia. :chinami:
Image

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

earthlings on fire

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakura Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

Posts: 1014

Neni wrote:
Kristoph-Apollo (WTF?!?! Where does that even come from?!)


People seem to often enjoy the mentor/student pairing... I don't really get Kristoph/Apollo either, actually. It just kinda weirds me out...Kristoph is ten years older than Apollo and that's a rather big age gap, lol.

Steel Turnabout wrote:
[incest] TAHTS ILLEGAL... but not in Canada


Wtf? Yes it is; you can get like thirteen years in jail for it XD.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Posts: 817

Cravat of Doom wrote:

Steel Turnabout wrote:
[incest] TAHTS ILLEGAL... but not in Canada


Wtf? Yes it is; you can get like thirteen years in jail for it XD.


Would the Canadian Judge be the one to hand down the verdict? :bro:
Image

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: United States

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Posts: 2276

Don't let my current sig fool you... I really DESPISE Wocky/Alita. I hate it with a burning passion.

A poor kid that's about to die getting almost screwed in the ass by a golddigging, conniving and downright heartless woman who wanted nothing more from him than money, gifts and the like. Every time I play 4-2 and seeing Alita make those snarky remarks to Wocky about being a spoiled brat makes me want to reach inside the DS and give her an epic pimp slap.

She totally deserved to get strangled by Pal *Gets shot by Alita fanboys*

Taking advantage over younger, naive boys is NO GOOD! *Sonic Says*
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:14 am

Posts: 63

:karma: x ANYONE

do i have to explain this one? -__-
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Matryoshka~

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Posts: 364

I HATE Phoenix/Maya. Hate it hate it hate it. It will NEVER happen. In this smiley: :kissy: Maya should be replaced with Iris. Seriously.

Phoenix/Maya lovers are gonna kill me.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Team Stepladder, represent!

Gender: Female

Location: Defendant Lobby No. 1

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 am

Posts: 246

It's okay with me for people to ship whatever they want, but, personally...

:godot: / :phoenix: never made any sense to me. I'm pretty sure there's nothing even remotely suggested between them at any point during their short period of acquaintance. The whole time, Godot hates Phoenix's guts, not to mention is still deeply in love with Mia.
...Urk, it just occurred to me that someone might come up with the justification that Godot would want Phoenix because, as was said in T&T, Mia lives through him... so then... nngh, it's creepy, but at least it's an argument. Still, I don't believe that Phoenix would ever have any reason to love Godot in return, and the whole thing, I must say, sounds suspiciously like a shallow hot guy + hot guy excuse for a yaoi crack pairing.
...But I admit that, if nothing else, this couple does have the greatest ship name of all time. "Spiked Coffee" = brilliant. xD


Probably my absolute least favorite:
:yuusaku: / :luke-side: ...Come on, that's just not cool...if only because Ronnie is married...!
Do you really want him to cheat, much less to cheat with a creep who tried to frame him for murder!?
Really, to disrupt the ONE perfectly canon relationship in this notoriously romantically-ambiguous series is just uncalled for...


Finally... This can't be the one that I least like (because my "like" for pairings is usually set on a scale dependent upon how much reasonable argument there is to support it, and at least this might have some)...
...but it's the one I least like in proportion with its popularity, if that makes sense...
It's...
:phoenix: / :ayame: (...Very sorry! ><)

Actually, let me clarify:
:jazzsneeze: + :ayame: = OK.
:phoenix: + :ayame: = no.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Don't hurt me...

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:33 am

Posts: 37

Asa Turney wrote:
:jazzsneeze: + :ayame: = OK.
:phoenix: + :ayame: = no.


Agreed. Even though Phoenix dated "Iris" back in college, I really don't get this pairing. I don't hate it. I just don't understand it. He was infatuated with her then but he's matured and moved on now...

:phoenix: / :maya: gets unnecessary amounts of hate.

In general, I dislike most incest pairings similar to :karma: / :franny:
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Aka Miss Fortune / Sir Prize

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Posts: 390

Asa Turney wrote:
Finally... This can't be the one that I least like (because my "like" for pairings is usually set on a scale dependent upon how much reasonable argument there is to support it, and at least this might have some)...
...but it's the one I least like in proportion with its popularity, if that makes sense...
It's...
:phoenix: / :ayame: (...Very sorry! ><)

Actually, let me clarify:
:jazzsneeze: + :ayame: = OK.
:phoenix: + :ayame: = no.

Kinvara wrote:
Agreed. Even though Phoenix dated "Iris" back in college, I really don't get this pairing. I don't hate it. I just don't understand it. He was infatuated with her then but he's matured and moved on now...


.......

:hobohodo: :ayame: ?



:(
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Feenris 4ever ♥

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:20 am

Posts: 87

Megan-Chan wrote:
I HATE Phoenix/Maya. Hate it hate it hate it. It will NEVER happen. In this smiley: :kissy: Maya should be replaced with Iris. Seriously.

Phoenix/Maya lovers are gonna kill me.


I agree completely. And.....voila :redd:
Image

Didn't make it, all credit goes to Johnny Rotan.

Best. Smiley. Made. Ever. :butzthumbs:
Neni wrote:
Worst pairings:

Hawthorne-Twincest (See above)

Oh, and anything involving Psycho Dahlia. :chinami:


Yup, I agree there too. WHERE did anybody come up with that idea?! Suuure, Iris adores her sister, but she looked up to her! And, aside from that SHE FELL IN LOVE WITH PHOENIX. Surely that counts for something....?



Plus, Rissy is Feenie's one and only <3 <3 :ayame:
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Aka Miss Fortune / Sir Prize

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Posts: 390

Incest in general is bad D:

And underage stuff.

I also hate any yaoi/yuri out there. Just ain't right.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

:)

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Posts: 3476

Kay/Edgeworth - This is my least favourite. Seen it all before, generic and pairing main-characters-up-with-their-assistant-just-for-the-sake-of-it. It kinda feels desperate too. Desperate attempt to rival other Edgey ships.

Cammy/Iris is just cruel.

And there's some pairings I don't care about: Apollo/Kristoph, Apollo/Klavier, Apollo/Iris and I've really gone off Apollo/Trucy lately, even though I still read fics about them. Other than those four...
APOLLO IS A FREE BITCH BABY!


nekonohime wrote:
Don't let my current sig fool you... I really DESPISE Wocky/Alita. I hate it with a burning passion.

A poor kid that's about to die getting almost screwed in the ass by a golddigging, conniving and downright heartless woman who wanted nothing more from him than money, gifts and the like. Every time I play 4-2 and seeing Alita make those snarky remarks to Wocky about being a spoiled brat makes me want to reach inside the DS and give her an epic pimp slap.

She totally deserved to get strangled by Pal *Gets shot by Alita fanboys*

Taking advantage over younger, naive boys is NO GOOD! *Sonic Says*


*FALCON PUNCH @ Alita*

The last line at the end reminded me of my friend in real life who's obsessed with Sonic. He'd throw a massive temper tantrum to every Yaoi and Yuri ship I suggested.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: United States

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Posts: 2276

lol. It's true though!

I don't mind if anybody likes Wocky/Alita, but to me, it's extremely one sided and Alita has no shame. And plus the way Wocky acted about her was really creepy sometimes, especially his obsession over her feet :beef:

I'll come out and say it- Alita makes Wocky act like a total moron.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

earthlings on fire

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakura Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

Posts: 1014

I have serious issues with Apollo/Ema, Apollo/Phoenix, Apollo/Trucy, and Apollo/Kristoph makes me feel uneasy inside (as mentioned above). Apollo/Klavier kinda bores me...Who does Apollo belong with? XD I also have qualms with Apollo/Vera... ._.

I probably posted here before but I'll just make a list of pairings that I dislike:

Phoenix/Iris :yuusaku:
Phoenix/Klavier
Phoenix/Mia
Phoenix/Ema
Phoenix/Godot (I don't care what you say, Godot is the straightest man on Earth, lol XD)
Edgeworth/Mia
Edgeworth/Franziska
Edgeworth/Maya
Edgeworth/Gumshoe (My love of Gumshoe/Maggey gets in the way of any other Gumshoe pairing :3)
Edgeworth/Ema
Ema/Lana
Ema/Maya
Mia/Maya
Any Apollo pairing mentioned at the beginning
Trucy/Anyone in the series (too young for them all :P)
Kristoph/Maya
Kristoph/Dahlia :foam:
Kristoph/Edgeworth (they really don't seem compatible...Like, their personalities are too similar but, at the same time, too different.)
Kristoph/Klavier (...see, I tried to like it but the fact that they're siblings scares me a little bit...I see so much of a parental figure with Kristoph when it comes to Klavier, too. DX)

Lol there's probably more. Man, I'm picky... :yogi:
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Don't hurt me...

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:33 am

Posts: 37

Darth GW7 wrote:
Asa Turney wrote:
Finally... This can't be the one that I least like (because my "like" for pairings is usually set on a scale dependent upon how much reasonable argument there is to support it, and at least this might have some)...
...but it's the one I least like in proportion with its popularity, if that makes sense...
It's...
:phoenix: / :ayame: (...Very sorry! ><)

Actually, let me clarify:
:jazzsneeze: + :ayame: = OK.
:phoenix: + :ayame: = no.

Kinvara wrote:
Agreed. Even though Phoenix dated "Iris" back in college, I really don't get this pairing. I don't hate it. I just don't understand it. He was infatuated with her then but he's matured and moved on now...


.......

:hobohodo: :ayame: ?



:(


I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you frown! :(

(Though in all honestly, I not quite sure what to make of hobo!Phoenix... He can be shipped with anyone IMO)
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Posts: 151

All right, I'll give you my controversial list of least favorite pairings.
(Just please don't be too offended if you happen to disagree with me.)

I've concentrated on pairings I've actually seen advocated in other threads, because otherwise, I'd just list dozens of pairings that no one's actually conceived of, like :grossburg: + :karma: or :minuki: + :udgy: . By the way, both of those are terrible pairings. Please never ship them.


1) :phoenix: + :ayame: :
The overwhelming popularity of this ship astounds me. In the end, Iris just seems the worst possible match for Phoenix because a serious relationship between them insinuates that Phoenix's maturation throughout the AA trilogy ends with a regression. Let's forget for a moment about Iris' irrational love for her sister resulting in her enabling a psychopathic murderer. Young Wright's dates with Iris-pretending-to-be-Dahlia (though pleasant) resulted in him developing an obsessive puppy-dog crush that left him blind and unable to see the truth behind the deceit.

So a long-term relationship between Phoenix and Iris completely undermines the theme of the Ace Attorney series. Phoenix is on a perpetual quest as an attorney to "discover the truth:" his entire relationship with Iris was false and unhealthy. Yes, Iris ultimately cared about Phoenix, and sure, I'll concede she made sacrifices for him. I'll even concede that they had a cute conversation at the end of 3-5, though I interpreted it far more as a scene where "Iris told Phoenix she truly did care about him in the past, so that Phoenix doesn't have to believe his past obsession was all based on a lie." We'd all feel comfort knowing that the high school crushes we once loved weren't really sociopaths.

It doesn't change the fact that Iris played the willing accomplice to a woman as insane as :chinami: . It also doesn't change the fact that Iris should be getting jail time and the idea of Phoenix falling for a convict seems silly. (There's also the simple fact that I don't see Phoenix's true love being the doormat submissive type, no matter how hospitable or kind-hearted she may be.)

It's funny because Iris is probably the most popular ship for Pheeny and I'd rather see Nick with anyone else, anyone who's truly cared about him and been by his side throughout a much higher percentage of the series: Maya, Edgeworth, Franziska, Adrian, hell, I'll even take Will Powers over Iris. And yet Iris and Phoenix remains so popular. Clearly there's just some element I've been missing.


2) :edgeworth: + :franny: :
The Westermarck Effect.

I think I could really boil down my argument against this pairing to this.
None of you would ship :phoenix: and :minuki: , right? Despite the fact that they're not blood related and the age difference is not as severe as those between most fathers and daughters. Even once :minuki: is well of age...even when she's thirty years old...we're not going to ship this. Trucy thinks of Phoenix as her "father." The fact they're not blood related doesn't matter one bit, as the Westermarck Effect ensures that their constant interactions in the context of "family" ruins any possibility of sexual attraction.

Same thing applies to Miles and Franny. Yes, they have adorable interactions that an objective third-party observer (like us, playing the games) might misinterpret as full of sexual tension. But if you observe any brother and sister without knowing they're related, you might come to the same false conclusion. This is why many brothers and sisters who are traveling together or going out to a restaurant or something are assumed to be a dating couple. Sibling chemistry can look like romantic chemistry.

So really, I don't blame Miles and Franny shippers from noticing their chemistry in scenes together, but I do blame them for choosing to believe it's budding romance. If you found out you were adopted tomorrow, you wouldn't turn around and want to date your sibling no matter how well you got along with them. Similarly, Franny and Miles have known each other and interacted as "brother and sister" since before either hit puberty. Their constant interactions with each other invokes the Westermarck Effect; they've seen each other through every step of their development, physical and mental. There's no "mystery" left to either, because they know each other so well, and mystery is a crucial element to romance: it's why we find mysterious strangers more sensual matches than our best friends.


3) :lana: + :scientific:
...Where the hell did this come from.

Seriously, guys. I've seen it mentioned far too often in the "favorite pairings" thread and every time it just makes me want to puke. At least Iris and Phoenix, or Franny and Edgey, aren't outright illegal pairings. The former two just sort of passively grate on me, whereas this one makes me want to weep at the wretched state of humanity.

There are so many other people you could pair those two characters with. Please do. Please do.


4) :maya: + :franny: :
I was surprised to read of just how much support this pairing received earlier in this thread. I have no problem whatsoever with the argument that one or both of these girls might prefer or even exclusively date other women. I personally don't see :franny: with :adrian: , for example, but that pairing is actually logical and justifiable, so you'd never see me actively condemn the possibility.

I just don't feel there's the slightest iota of evidence to support this matchup. It kind of feels more "yuri for the sake of yuri," like guys might drool at the bit to see this firsthand. Yuri and yaoi done right promotes matches between same-gender partners based on mental, emotional, physical and sexual compatibility, and backs up its contentions with evidence the two genuinely care about each other. (See most well-reasoned arguments in favor of :phoenix: and :edgeworth: , or :franny: and :adrian: .)

Done wrong, it's just matching two hot chicks because it'd be fun to see them make out. In my opinion, Maya and Franny is yuri done wrong.


5) :larry: + :maya: OR :franny: OR :lana: OR :adrian: OR :maggy: OR :lotta-smug: OR :youngmia: OR :ayame: OR any woman at all:

Larry + Loneliness is my OTP.
(Actually, it's moreso that Larry is a misogynistic jerk who seriously needs to grow up and treat women with respect and dignity, and until he does, I don't want him touching anyone.)

So, yeah, those are my "least favorite ships."

That's not to say I support every other ship with equal fervor; I'd rather see :phoenix: + :franny: than either :phoenix: + :maya: or :phoenix: + :edgeworth: , for example, but none of those three possible pairings would upset me if any one of them became canon.
...Phoenix and Iris, on the other hand, would send me barging into Capcom's office and demanding a refund. >.>

And if you're really upset with my statements regarding your favorite ship, just keep in mind that I seriously, objectively and unquestionably ship Phoenix and Franziska. In other words, I'm probably not the sharpest tool in the shed! :meekins:
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

Perseverance wrote:
It's funny because Iris is probably the most popular ship for Pheeny

what
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Posts: 151

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
what


If Maya or anyone else has her beat, I can't imagine it's by much.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

Edgeworth.

By a vast margin.

Maya was pretty up there too, last I checked.
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Superpower: Logic

Gender: Male

Location: Waiting for Godot

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:36 am

Posts: 94

Anything with incest.

I can understand why people thought of :odoroki: / :minuki: first, but then... y'know. It's suddenly not such a cute pairing anymore.
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2842

I could see Iris being shipped most with Feenie.

But if we're talking about Phoenix, I'd say Edgeworth has Iris beat. Het ships... probably Maya. And if not Maya, then she's definitely a close second.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Posts: 612

Anything that mainly consists of:


"Character 1 is hot, character 2 is hot too, therefor, they fit perfectly"
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14323

End Quote wrote:
Anything that mainly consists of:


"Character 1 is hot, character 2 is hot too, therefor, they fit perfectly"


Well biological psychology has suggested that more attractive people seek out equally attractive partners so as their children will also be beautiful (via genetics) and therefore be more likely to continue the bloodline.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Aka Miss Fortune / Sir Prize

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Posts: 390

Adrian in black wrote:
I could see Iris being shipped most with Feenie.

But if we're talking about Phoenix, I'd say Edgeworth has Iris beat. Het ships... probably Maya. And if not Maya, then she's definitely a close second.

I really don't get the idea of P/E... I guess I just don't like yaoi at all.
Besides, considering how much time Phoenix spends around hot women I don't see how he could be gay -coff-
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Posts: 612

Pierre wrote:
End Quote wrote:
Anything that mainly consists of:


"Character 1 is hot, character 2 is hot too, therefor, they fit perfectly"


Well biological psychology has suggested that more attractive people seek out equally attractive partners so as their children will also be beautiful (via genetics) and therefore be more likely to continue the bloodline.

I was actually mainly talking about guys (and fangirls...)
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Aka Miss Fortune / Sir Prize

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Posts: 390

And the idea that people think two characters will go together just because they're both hot.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

:)

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Posts: 3476

End Quote wrote:
Anything that mainly consists of:


"Character 1 is hot, character 2 is hot too, therefor, they fit perfectly"

That sounds like a dislike to a shipping attitude rather than an actual ship. People can ship for that "reason" for every pairing. Though I do get what you mean, explain the depths and origins.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Posts: 612

Chloe wrote:
End Quote wrote:
Anything that mainly consists of:


"Character 1 is hot, character 2 is hot too, therefor, they fit perfectly"

That sounds like a dislike to a shipping attitude rather than an actual ship. People can ship for that "reason" for every pairing. Though I do get what you mean, explain the depths and origins.


For example, some fangrils people ship Klavier/Daryan because... uhmm... they're both hot? at least I think so?

Ofcourse, you could say "they're in a band together" and "they're close friends", but that doesn't make them lovers (and both gay too btw)


And something else: why do people keep refusing Phoenix/Iris?

It's bloody canon, wich makes it more valid than pretty much every other ship around...
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Aka Miss Fortune / Sir Prize

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Posts: 390

A lot of people say that just because it's canon doesn't mean it's a good ship.

Myself I think that most people ship P/E and P/M mainly because they're the main characters and are more important, therefore making it a better 'ship. They also claim it's canon, but I really don't see how canon P/E is beyond being good friends.

P/I is both a perfect couple AND canon so I don't see where the problem is... :ayame:
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Team Stepladder, represent!

Gender: Female

Location: Defendant Lobby No. 1

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 am

Posts: 246

End Quote wrote:
And something else: why do people keep refusing Phoenix/Iris?

It's bloody canon, wich makes it more valid than pretty much every other ship around...


I agree with you on your other point about not liking when people pair characters up based solely on looks... but, about Phoenix/Iris --

That's not exactly true:
It is canon that they dated when Phoenix was in college.
It's not canon that they intend to pursue a relationship again after 3-5.

I think Perseverance summed up the P/I-objectors' opinions pretty nicely. It would demean three games' worth of character development for him to go back to someone of his past, especially someone whose dangerous impressionability (a trait that Phoenix has matured out of, while Iris has not) enabled an evil psychopath to carry out her crimes.

I don't mind people shipping it for their own reasons, and I don't want to sound stubborn or mean (I just don't happen to see Iris in a very positive light...). I certainly don't claim that either P/E or P/M -- or any Phoenix ship, for that matter -- is canon; it's all a matter of interpretation. :gymshoe:
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Aka Miss Fortune / Sir Prize

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Posts: 390

But one could say that he only had no intention of going back to his old relationship because he believed that the entire thing was a farce in the first place. Remember he had no idea that he was dating someone else in the first place.
But then during 3-5 he found out that Iris was "The person [he] always thought [she was]". And there's signs that he still has some romantic interest in her at the end. I find that to be just as canon as anything else that P/E or P/M can say, possibly more so.
Canon aside, I just don't think that P/M or P/E are compatible relationships. In both cases their personalities are almost completely opposite to each other. With Maya, there's a lot of childish bickering between the two (And all right, I know it's mostly friendly, but still), and with Edgey... Well, they are complete polar opposites. They argue quite a bit as well, too.
Iris and Phoenix just go really well together - At least, for me. But then again some might argue that opposites attract. I guess 'ships essentially reflect what the shippers' ideas of romance are.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Team Stepladder, represent!

Gender: Female

Location: Defendant Lobby No. 1

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 am

Posts: 246

I totally respect that you have thoughtful backup for your shipping preferences but this is the "least favorite pairings" thread so the objectors shall win.:karma: (just kidding, just kidding!)

I see how you can interpret that conversation at the end of 3-5 as a hint for the future, but I think it can just as easily be interpreted as a "no-hard-feelings" sort of resolution of the past (something to show that the case is closed and that the relationship is, in fact, something of the past).

About P/M and P/E being incompatible due to being opposites... I was considering a rebuttal with either "Well, hey, opposites attract!" or "Well, Phoenix and Iris, as they stand in the present, are pretty different, too" -- but I can't say either without raising a contradiction, so I'll just let it be. xP


Darth GW7 wrote:
I guess 'ships essentially reflect what the shippers' ideas of romance are.

Yep, I think that's very true! :edgy:
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

My childhood right here

Gender: Male

Location: The motherfuggin' DigiWorld!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:55 am

Posts: 1788

I saw the most random pairings conceived over the internet.
1. Trucy/Polly the Parrot
2. Grossburg/Shoe
3. Apollo/Shoe
I don't know who made these or how high they were, or even where I saw these. But these are the worst possible, most "I want attention!" declaring shippings possible.
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm

Posts: 7882

Darth GW7 wrote:
Besides, considering how much time Phoenix spends around hot women I don't see how he could be gay -coff-


Yeah because gay blokes are only gay because they don't know any hot women Image
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

:)

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Posts: 3476

No intentions of offending or taking the mickey, but I laugh when someone says Phoenix/Iris is canon.
Steel Turnabout wrote:
I saw the most random pairings conceived over the internet.
1. Trucy/Polly the Parrot
2. Grossburg/Shoe
3. Apollo/Shoe
I don't know who made these or how high they were, or even where I saw these. But these are the worst possible, most "I want attention!" declaring shippings possible.

This is animal abuse! Poor Shoe and Polly.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: United States

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Posts: 2276

Just thought of something else I hated...

I know some people might have said this before, but I don't like pairings that involve:

-Incest (Such as Dahlia/Iris, Klavier/Kristoph or Apollo/Trucy)
-Pedophilia (I remember Gant/Pearl was popular for a while O_O)
-Bestiality (I read a Leon The Lion/Regina fic once on the PW Kink Meme and it was disgusting.)
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2842

Steel Turnabout wrote:
I saw the most random pairings conceived over the internet.
1. Trucy/Polly the Parrot
2. Grossburg/Shoe
3. Apollo/Shoe
I don't know who made these or how high they were, or even where I saw these. But these are the worst possible, most "I want attention!" declaring shippings possible.


Sounds like someone was having fun with the PW random pairing generator. :gant:

Incidentally, if you guys are into the pairing debate thing, don't forget to give this thread some love.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Aka Miss Fortune / Sir Prize

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Posts: 390

Trucy / Polly the parrot was probably a joke considering that she calls Apollo "Polly". But then you knew that already, didn't you...

On which topic, it's not exactly incest because they're only half-siblings.. But then you probably knew that already, too...


..You know what, I'll just be sitting over here since I have nothing new to bring to this thread.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

:)

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Posts: 3476

Darth GW7 wrote:
On which topic, it's not exactly incest because they're only half-siblings.. But then you probably knew that already, too...


..You know what, I'll just be sitting over here since I have nothing new to bring to this thread.


I'll bring this over to the pairing debate.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Feenris 4ever ♥

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:20 am

Posts: 87

Perseverance wrote:
All right, I'll give you my controversial list of least favorite pairings.
(Just please don't be too offended if you happen to disagree with me.)

I've concentrated on pairings I've actually seen advocated in other threads, because otherwise, I'd just list dozens of pairings that no one's actually conceived of, like :grossburg: + :karma: or :minuki: + :udgy: . By the way, both of those are terrible pairings. Please never ship them.


1) :phoenix: + :ayame: :
The overwhelming popularity of this ship astounds me. In the end, Iris just seems the worst possible match for Phoenix because a serious relationship between them insinuates that Phoenix's maturation throughout the AA trilogy ends with a regression. Let's forget for a moment about Iris' irrational love for her sister resulting in her enabling a psychopathic murderer. Young Wright's dates with Iris-pretending-to-be-Dahlia (though pleasant) resulted in him developing an obsessive puppy-dog crush that left him blind and unable to see the truth behind the deceit.

So a long-term relationship between Phoenix and Iris completely undermines the theme of the Ace Attorney series. Phoenix is on a perpetual quest as an attorney to "discover the truth:" his entire relationship with Iris was false and unhealthy. Yes, Iris ultimately cared about Phoenix, and sure, I'll concede she made sacrifices for him. I'll even concede that they had a cute conversation at the end of 3-5, though I interpreted it far more as a scene where "Iris told Phoenix she truly did care about him in the past, so that Phoenix doesn't have to believe his past obsession was all based on a lie." We'd all feel comfort knowing that the high school crushes we once loved weren't really sociopaths.

It doesn't change the fact that Iris played the willing accomplice to a woman as insane as :chinami: . It also doesn't change the fact that Iris should be getting jail time and the idea of Phoenix falling for a convict seems silly. (There's also the simple fact that I don't see Phoenix's true love being the doormat submissive type, no matter how hospitable or kind-hearted she may be.)

It's funny because Iris is probably the most popular ship for Pheeny and I'd rather see Nick with anyone else, anyone who's truly cared about him and been by his side throughout a much higher percentage of the series: Maya, Edgeworth, Franziska, Adrian, hell, I'll even take Will Powers over Iris. And yet Iris and Phoenix remains so popular. Clearly there's just some element I've been missing.


Wait.

What?

Feenris is one of the most hated, unpopular pairings. Ever. Just look at the previous posts (no offense to anyone - everyone is entitled to their opinion, I am simply using this as an example:

Asa Turney wrote:
Finally... This can't be the one that I least like (because my "like" for pairings is usually set on a scale dependent upon how much reasonable argument there is to support it, and at least this might have some)...
...but it's the one I least like in proportion with its popularity, if that makes sense...
It's...
:phoenix: / :ayame: (...Very sorry! ><)

Actually, let me clarify:
:jazzsneeze: + :ayame: = OK.
:phoenix: + :ayame: = no.


Pearl the Barrister wrote:
(Witty Name Here) wrote:
Pearl the Barrister wrote:
Hmm... least favorite pairings...

:phoenix: / :iris: : Yes, I know,
Spoiler:
Iris probably still likes him after like 7 years
.



Delcatty wrote:

And finally -
:phoenix: / :ayame: - Again, fanart flooding and general doubts as to whether the pairing would work.


...and there's plenty more. I think I can safely say that for every Feenris shipper, there are ten anti-shippers. There is plenty of Iris hate in general, too.

Also, none of the pairings (except for Ron/Dessie, Mia/Diego, etc etc, and yes, even Feenie/Dollie) are cannon. None. We can go about saying "this pairing is more cannon than that one" but really, none of them are, so what's the point?

That being said, we can still debate as too why pairings would work. And also why it IS in fact, possible, contrary to some claims. Plus, these "cannon" arguments seem to be popular, so I'll go ahead and say it this once:

Maya and Edgeworth never openly said that they love(d) Phoenix. Iris DID. And, on top of that, Phoenix was caught having his eyes constantly on her - something that never occurred with Maya or Miles.

Also, it IS true that Iris and Phoenix are very different - but they cover up each other's weaknesses with their strengths. I believe someone said something along those lines. I'll have to go look for that quote.

Anyway, since this is the least fav. pairing thread, I guess I'll say this: the only pairings I actually have qualms with are P/M and P/E. Not (just) because they come in the way of P/I - but because I just can't see Feenie gay...or dating someone who is his sister in all but blood. It's almost like shipping P/Trucy, IMO.

However, I don't have anything against, say, P/F. Sure, I don't ship it - but its mainly because my alliance lies with P/I and also because I'm not so sure how that works out :yuusaku: But I don't openly despise it like I do P/M & P/E.

UUrgh, I'm tired of Feenris getting so much hate. Could anybody please, just explain to me what they hate about it - or is it only because it gets in their way of their OTP?
Page 43 of 50 [ 1989 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO