Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 3 of 50[ 1985 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 50  Next
 


Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Am I your wild-type?

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:10 am

Posts: 599

musouka: My hero. Really~. =D *hands over any kind of cake you like*
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Make Kurain Great Again!

Gender: Male

Location: The Shadow Realm

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:37 pm

Posts: 1320

musouka: And once again, I want to cry...Because I still don't have a concise essay in my defense.
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Gender: Male

Location: NC, NJ, MN

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am

Posts: 2501

Musouka demonstrates once more why she kicks ass.

Like, judo champion ass.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Make Kurain Great Again!

Gender: Male

Location: The Shadow Realm

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:37 pm

Posts: 1320

...Ok, starting to feel outnumbered here..........Have a slice of pie, hell, have the whole thing, JUST DON'T KILL ME! *Cries in a corner*
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

~ a lurker at heart

Gender: Female

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:04 am

Posts: 155

Chinese Infantry wrote:
...Ok, starting to feel outnumbered here..........Have a slice of pie, hell, have the whole thing, JUST DON'T KILL ME! *Cries in a corner*


Eh, don't feel bad, although Musouka brought up alot of good points. Perhaps you should ship silently if you're going to get offended. D:

Even my slight hope for liking Phoenix x Maya died.
~Aurezai
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Gender: Male

Location: NC, NJ, MN

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am

Posts: 2501

IT shouldn't be about numbers. If you want to like PxM then go right ahead. O.o we're not stopping you...
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Ace Speller

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:25 am

Posts: 94

Here's what I think. Maya Fey has an obvious crush on Phoenix, but he doesn't return the favor :(

Heres a little evidence for this.

When ever Pearl brings up Phoenix and Maya Fey being together, Phoenix just goes What? But Maya Fey always yells at her defensively. tee hee

Last edited by Phonics Wright on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

I will protect you....Fräulein

Gender: Male

Location: CA

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:23 pm

Posts: 893

Phonics Wright wrote:
Here's what I think. Maya Fey has an obvious crush on Phoenix, but he doesn't return the favor :(

that's sad...
im a Phoenix Maya Fey shipper. Now i dont know whats going to happen.
Image
Thanks DarzieP for this sweet sig and avatar!!!!!
Gamertag:Gameplayer291
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Am I your wild-type?

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:10 am

Posts: 599

Chinese Infantry wrote:
...Ok, starting to feel outnumbered here..........Have a slice of pie, hell, have the whole thing, JUST DON'T KILL ME! *Cries in a corner*


Uh... no one's really stopping you, you know. Or out to get you. It's ok.... O_o *blink*
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Ace Speller

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:25 am

Posts: 94

I'm pretty much half Phoenix/ Maya Fey and half Phoenix/ Edgy

lol
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

no not like that

Gender: None specified

Location: Germany

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:09 pm

Posts: 344

Phonics Wright wrote:
Here's what I think. Maya Fey has an obvious crush on Phoenix, but he doesn't return the favor :(

Heres a little evidence for this.

When ever Pearl brings up Phoenix and Maya Fey being together, Phoenix just goes What? But Maya Fey always yells at her defensively. tee hee


Yeah, and Maya screaming so loud gives me a little hope...
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

psYchlocks are «k i n k y»

Gender: None specified

Location: Berlin, Germany

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:38 pm

Posts: 2

Bah. PhoenixMaya is such an odd pairing just for the fact that it is hard to picture her in a serious relationship. She's 18, ... who the hell would have guessed? She doesn't act her age and I doubt Phoenix would want to babysit someone the rest of his life. >>;
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

MANLY. VERY.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:24 am

Posts: 40

I'm sure it's been said before, but definetly Nick / Edgeworth . Oh yeah, that's original and interesting! I thought that people in general moved from the predictable after many main character/rival ships in series like Final Fantasy and Tales of.

M. von Karma and Edgeworth, too. Namely because:

1) Karma's too cool for that
2) Edgeworth made the cravat wussified
3) You can do better, man
HAHA OH MAN M. VON KARMA'S BANGING HIS HEAD HAHAHA HEADBANG WOW THAT'S ORIGINAL AND FUNNY
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Hidden secret Ema/Phoenix love!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:49 am

Posts: 32

Gregory / Von Karma is the worst paring I ever saw. Taught me to never just search for PW fan art.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

spr fckn srs peepz

Gender: Male

Location: Boucherville, Quebec, Canada

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:34 pm

Posts: 2422

LunaticCrow wrote:
I'm sure it's been said before, but definetly Nick / Edgeworth . Oh yeah, that's original and interesting! I thought that people in general moved from the predictable after many main character/rival ships in series like Final Fantasy and Tales of.


OH THE IRONY~!
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

I will protect you....Fräulein

Gender: Male

Location: CA

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:23 pm

Posts: 893

I think any gay pairing sucks. (Maybe not ALL)
Image
Thanks DarzieP for this sweet sig and avatar!!!!!
Gamertag:Gameplayer291
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Idol of Polar Bears

Gender: Male

Location: Norcal

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm

Posts: 4351

Any pairing that's not Phoenix / Maya Fey. Really, I just don't see how anything outside of this one can work. Even EgdexFranny has my doubts. The only one that actually has some kind of grounds supporting it is PhoenixxMaya.

Of course, I can't say that about relationships that did happen. (i.e. Maggey and Dustion, but he's dead so no one cares about him)
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Unlikely Idealist

Gender: None specified

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:35 pm

Posts: 53

Macbeth wrote:
Any pairing that's not Phoenix / Maya Fey. Really, I just don't see how anything outside of this one can work. Even EgdexFranny has my doubts. The only one that actually has some kind of grounds supporting it is PhoenixxMaya.


Hang on. What about, for example,

Maggy / Detective Gumshoe

That one could work, and has at least some in-game evidence backing it up. Of course, I, personally, consider this relationship to be more plausible than Phoenix / Maya Fey and am therefore assuming that you should see it as very nearly equally plausible as Phoenix / Maya Fey because I consider myself to be so obviously correct.

So perhaps my argument doesn't hold that much water.
"Humanity is measured by the soul, not the flesh." ~~ Layla
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

I rerally don't know what to put here =O

Gender: None specified

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:47 pm

Posts: 27

Edgeworth /Anyone
He is so blatantly not the type to pair with anyone, exspecially anyone we have seen so, no-one has made an impact on him (I don't think he's gay so Phoenix is out...) apart from maybe Maya, but she and him are soooo not suited for each other >.<
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Idol of Polar Bears

Gender: Male

Location: Norcal

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm

Posts: 4351

To be honest, I hate taking favorites/least favorites. From now I'm going to deny every pairing possible because it's better to leave things like these to my imagination.

As of now every pairing sucks.
Take that

BTW, Wotan. I don't really see Gumshoe as having the will to love someone. He would probably get nervous, trip over his shoe, stand up embarrased, scratch the back of his head, and sulk away.
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Phoenix in a jacket!

Gender: None specified

Location: Hawaii

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:20 pm

Posts: 195

Forgot one more
Phoenix / Chimani obvious reasons like Chinami almost killed Phoenix.
Image
Urby made these. Thank you!
Go GyakutenMECHA!
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Hug an Edgeworth today <3

Gender: None specified

Location: Phoenix's house (I wish)

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:17 pm

Posts: 434

I don't really like any pairings exept for Phoenix/ Edgeworth
Not because its popular, I just feel it's the only one that works.
Image
Thank you very much Deefunx for the sig ^_^
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

DO U LIEK ME? >:

Gender: Female

Location: that casino plagued city of Las Vegas

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 am

Posts: 66

Godot X Javado cause he most certainly must love himself

ok but seriously i'll put in my quick two cents

Adrian X Franziska I love this pairing immensely, it's just so adorable and it just makes sense in my mind

Matt X anyone, yeah i know it's already been said but no one in their right mind would be with him if they knew his real personality lawl, maybe he might have luck in jail, you never know

Ack X Maya Fey I really don't ever see them getting together, unless maya matured in the next few years but right now, hell no, she'd just be a burden to phoenix, love her don't love them together x.x

Edgeworth X Franziska I do not like this pairing one bit, it's like a brother and sister making out with each other, NO

Gant X Pearl or Lana just wow, no lol i'm on the pedophile/rape train with gant XD he would if he had the chance, HIDE YOUR CHILDREN D8

i'd post more but that'll do for now lol
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Am I your wild-type?

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:10 am

Posts: 599

I tried to like Gant... I really did...
But after I read a Gant / Edgeworth rape-fic, it just made me dislike him even more. I do like some gay-pr0n, but that was just... agh. DX

Godot / Pearl leaves a bad taste in my mouth after finding a fanfic on that.... I mean, come on... Sure, I feel bad for Godot but does he have to resort to being with a 8-9 year old just because she's "a last link" to Mia? Godot's no pedophile. At least I'd hope not. -___-

eh... I don't like hardly any het pairings except Javado / Young Mia because that seemed to really work out. It may have killed off my Phoenix / Mia Fey fangirl side of me, for good, but that's ok. XDD
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

.

Gender: None specified

Location: South England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:01 am

Posts: 11

Edgy / Maya Fey
Phoenix / Maya Fey
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Am I your wild-type?

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:10 am

Posts: 599

Boffin wrote:
Edgy / Maya Fey
Phoenix / Maya Fey



*thumbs up*
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!

Gender: Male

Location: Back in the U.S.S.R.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:19 pm

Posts: 1914

Sal / Devasque

that's just freaky...
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

太多時間

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:39 pm

Posts: 1192

Regina and Max.
Let us dye the world in despair, and bring a dismal end to this fairy tale.
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

US!

Gender: Male

Location: Here.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:39 pm

Posts: 491

Hmm has to be Ini Mimi
Spoiler:
(actually Mimi)
and Morgan how those two could ever pre-meditate a murder together...
Matt DeMasque!
*Currently playing Spirit of Justice*
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Lady Luckless

Gender: Female

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:39 pm

Posts: 194

I've seen some pretty frightening pairs. In short, anything with any of the following, at all:
Morgan Frank Sawit Von Karma Yanni Yogi Dr? Hotti Sal Wendy Oldbag Grossburg Aiga Bling Bling Beef Pearly Chef Ben Shelly Cody
That is all.
/shudder
"Show me an innocent... I'll show you a fairy tale."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Attorney at daytime, Detective at night

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Posts: 24

All non-canonical pairings.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Am I your wild-type?

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:10 am

Posts: 599

Mr. Wright wrote:
All non-canonical pairings.



*raise sbrow* Wouldn't that be basically all/any pairings except for Mareka / Yuusaku. It's the only canon pairing I can think of. o_o
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Science: It's cuter than ever

Gender: Female

Location: Michigan

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am

Posts: 999

Morinozuka Takashi wrote:
Mr. Wright wrote:
All non-canonical pairings.



*raise sbrow* Wouldn't that be basically all/any pairings except for Mareka / Yuusaku. It's the only canon pairing I can think of. o_o


Javado x Young Mia
Butz x Cindy, Missy, Kiyance, etc.
Maggy x Dustin Prince
Sick x Chinami
Celeste x Juan
And of course pairings like Gregory x Edgey's mom, etc., but parents are kind of a no brainer and both of the couple usually are mentioned (von karma's wife is never mentioned, Misty's husband isn't even given a name, etc.).
Also there are a few canon onesided pairings, like Max->Regina, Trilo/ben->Regina, etc. You could argue that Gumshoe->Maggey is canon too, at least from what I've heard about GS3. But those pairings aren't stated as mutual or get to together at any point.

Other than that, yeah, there's really not much in the way of canon pairings in these games, and pairings like MaggeyxDustin were already over before the game started, so if we all stuck to canon there wouldn't be much besides KaminogixMia and MarekaxYusaku. Which are both great, but only a couple pairings in a fandom of dozens of characters would be...lacking :/
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!

Gender: Male

Location: Back in the U.S.S.R.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:19 pm

Posts: 1914

Lotta Hart x Frank Sawit

My mind sickens me...
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Am I your wild-type?

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:10 am

Posts: 599

Javado x Young Mia - Ah! How could I have forgotten about that one?! D= *hopeless Godot/Mia fan*

Sick x Chinami - I personally wouldn't count that one.. Canon-in the past.. but present-wise in the fandom? Sure as heck not anymore. Thank god for that one. =P
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Science: It's cuter than ever

Gender: Female

Location: Michigan

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am

Posts: 999

Morinozuka Takashi wrote:
Javado x Young Mia - Ah! How could I have forgotten about that one?! D= *hopeless Godot/Mia fan*

Sick x Chinami - I personally wouldn't count that one.. Canon-in the past.. but present-wise in the fandom? Sure as heck not anymore. Thank god for that one. =P


Eh, I was just pointing it out xD;
Spoiler: TaT
She was just using him anyway, so it doesn't really count.


Sort of on topic: One of these days I should write an anti-PhoenixFranziska rant on here.
On topic: Dr? Hotti x anyone is just darn creepy.
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Science: It's cuter than ever

Gender: Female

Location: Michigan

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am

Posts: 999

Sorry about the double postage, but it's been a while, so.

My PhoenixFranziska rant, as I said I would write earlier (please keep in mind that I don't know anything about GS3, so if anything I say here contradicts something in GS3 feel free to point it out):

Spoiler: GS1 and 2
How anybody can suggest that Phoenix and Franziska could possibly become a couple is beyond me. They LOATHE eath other. On Franziska's side, she basically blames him for the death/downfall of her entire family. She has been raised, from birth, to believe that winning and perfection are of utmost importance and if she fails at either that she is worthless. He utterly crushed this. He indirectly sent her father to his execution. Then he defeated her entire family and "drove" her brother to "suicide." Of course she hates him. I'm not trying to badmouth Phoenix here, I'm just saying that this is how she views him.

As for Phoenix, he states multiple times that people like Franziska disgust him. He flat-out says that he despises everything she stands for. She is selfish and prosecutes only for her family legacy and win-record, and he hates this. He also makes it very clear that he has no intention of giving her the benefit of the doubt and does not think she will ever change. This is evident at the end of JFA, when she is shocked that he doesn't care that his win record is ruined. She asks him how he can possibly be happy for losing. He dismisses her and responds that she will never understand. Franziska cannot learn how to live for others instead of herself from Phoenix because it is very obvious that he does not CARE if she changes, does not think it is possible, and has no intention of associating with her and trying to teach her the right path. Thus, anybody who can not help Franziska grow and become more mature is in my opinion a very bad match for her. It also shows he doesn't really care about her, making him a worse match.

However, there are a couple instances that can be interpreted as them showing compassion for each other. Neither of these scenes, in my interpretation of them, had anything to do with them caring about each other. Of course, it's subject to interpretation, and we can't say what they really intended, I'm just stating why I, personally, don't think these two instances are enough to make up for their obvious hatred for each other.

1. Phoenix brings her flowers in the hospital--My interpretation of this depends on the fact that de Killer told Phoenix that it was for Phoenix's sake that he shot Franziska. Phoenix, therefore, probably felt responsible for what happened to her and wanted to make it up to her. I thought it was a sort of "I'm sorry" gesture, not a "I'm in love with you" gesture. And of course, any concern he showed that she was shot was only natural--You don't need to be in love with a person to care that they got shot. I'd like to think Phoenix is a nice enough guy to visit somebody in the hospital when they get shot, regardless of who the somebody is.

2. She keeps his picture at the end--To be honest, when I played through this scene it never even crossed my mind that her keeping the card had anything to do with Phoenix at all. In the scene before this, she had been about to give up. She had been going to stop being a prosecutor and based on some things she said I wouldn't have even been surprised if she'd considered killing herself. However, by the end she'd decided to continue on. When she says she's going to keep the card so that she can give it back to Phoenix when she meets him in court again, I think the important part is that she's saying she's going to return and continue prosecuting. I thought it showed character development that she was going to continue on despite the fact that she was not perfect. In my opinion, this character development is cheapened when you say that she only kept the card because she loved Phoenix.

Of course, like I said, this is merely my interpretation, but I don't think my interpretation is any less likely than two people who obviously hate each other deciding they're in love.
A few other things to consider:
-In the second case, after Phoenix wins the trial, he rubs it in Franziska's face. Because of this, she whips him so hard that he falls unconcious. I think it's pretty sick to say that she hurt a guy until he fainted if she was in love with him :/
-In JFA overall, Phoenix does not have any sympathy for Franziska or try to understand her. He obviously does not care that she was raised by Manfred to believe, from birth, that if she was not perfect then she was not worthy of living. Phoenix does not try to understand what goes on in Franziska's life, as he just does not care about her in general.


Given their interactions in-game, I think any relationship between the two of them would overall be one big abusing mess of whipping and insults. I think it would be very, very hard for these two to understand each other, let alone fall in love, and it would obviously not be a healthy relationship. I just do not see them getting together, ever.

Anyway, that's just my take on the matter.
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Make Kurain Great Again!

Gender: Male

Location: The Shadow Realm

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:37 pm

Posts: 1320

SilverZephyr wrote:
Sorry about the double postage, but it's been a while, so.

My PhoenixFranziska rant, as I said I would write earlier (please keep in mind that I don't know anything about GS3, so if anything I say here contradicts something in GS3 feel free to point it out):

Spoiler: GS1 and 2
How anybody can suggest that Phoenix and Franziska could possibly become a couple is beyond me. They LOATHE eath other. On Franziska's side, she basically blames him for the death/downfall of her entire family. She has been raised, from birth, to believe that winning and perfection are of utmost importance and if she fails at either that she is worthless. He utterly crushed this. He indirectly sent her father to his execution. Then he defeated her entire family and "drove" her brother to "suicide." Of course she hates him. I'm not trying to badmouth Phoenix here, I'm just saying that this is how she views him.

As for Phoenix, he states multiple times that people like Franziska disgust him. He flat-out says that he despises everything she stands for. She is selfish and prosecutes only for her family legacy and win-record, and he hates this. He also makes it very clear that he has no intention of giving her the benefit of the doubt and does not think she will ever change. This is evident at the end of JFA, when she is shocked that he doesn't care that his win record is ruined. She asks him how he can possibly be happy for losing. He dismisses her and responds that she will never understand. Franziska cannot learn how to live for others instead of herself from Phoenix because it is very obvious that he does not CARE if she changes, does not think it is possible, and has no intention of associating with her and trying to teach her the right path. Thus, anybody who can not help Franziska grow and become more mature is in my opinion a very bad match for her. It also shows he doesn't really care about her, making him a worse match.

However, there are a couple instances that can be interpreted as them showing compassion for each other. Neither of these scenes, in my interpretation of them, had anything to do with them caring about each other. Of course, it's subject to interpretation, and we can't say what they really intended, I'm just stating why I, personally, don't think these two instances are enough to make up for their obvious hatred for each other.

1. Phoenix brings her flowers in the hospital--My interpretation of this depends on the fact that de Killer told Phoenix that it was for Phoenix's sake that he shot Franziska. Phoenix, therefore, probably felt responsible for what happened to her and wanted to make it up to her. I thought it was a sort of "I'm sorry" gesture, not a "I'm in love with you" gesture. And of course, any concern he showed that she was shot was only natural--You don't need to be in love with a person to care that they got shot. I'd like to think Phoenix is a nice enough guy to visit somebody in the hospital when they get shot, regardless of who the somebody is.

2. She keeps his picture at the end--To be honest, when I played through this scene it never even crossed my mind that her keeping the card had anything to do with Phoenix at all. In the scene before this, she had been about to give up. She had been going to stop being a prosecutor and based on some things she said I wouldn't have even been surprised if she'd considered killing herself. However, by the end she'd decided to continue on. When she says she's going to keep the card so that she can give it back to Phoenix when she meets him in court again, I think the important part is that she's saying she's going to return and continue prosecuting. I thought it showed character development that she was going to continue on despite the fact that she was not perfect. In my opinion, this character development is cheapened when you say that she only kept the card because she loved Phoenix.

Of course, like I said, this is merely my interpretation, but I don't think my interpretation is any less likely than two people who obviously hate each other deciding they're in love.
A few other things to consider:
-In the second case, after Phoenix wins the trial, he rubs it in Franziska's face. Because of this, she whips him so hard that he falls unconcious. I think it's pretty sick to say that she hurt a guy until he fainted if she was in love with him :/
-In JFA overall, Phoenix does not have any sympathy for Franziska or try to understand her. He obviously does not care that she was raised by Manfred to believe, from birth, that if she was not perfect then she was not worthy of living. Phoenix does not try to understand what goes on in Franziska's life, as he just does not care about her in general.


Given their interactions in-game, I think any relationship between the two of them would overall be one big abusing mess of whipping and insults. I think it would be very, very hard for these two to understand each other, let alone fall in love, and it would obviously not be a healthy relationship. I just do not see them getting together, ever.

Anyway, that's just my take on the matter.


Hmm, not a bad rant at all. However, one thing you do forget is that to some people, hate = love. In short, the more two characters act like they hate eachother, the more they really love each other.
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Science: It's cuter than ever

Gender: Female

Location: Michigan

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am

Posts: 999

Chinese Infantry wrote:
SilverZephyr wrote:
Sorry about the double postage, but it's been a while, so.

My PhoenixFranziska rant, as I said I would write earlier (please keep in mind that I don't know anything about GS3, so if anything I say here contradicts something in GS3 feel free to point it out):

Spoiler: GS1 and 2
How anybody can suggest that Phoenix and Franziska could possibly become a couple is beyond me. They LOATHE eath other. On Franziska's side, she basically blames him for the death/downfall of her entire family. She has been raised, from birth, to believe that winning and perfection are of utmost importance and if she fails at either that she is worthless. He utterly crushed this. He indirectly sent her father to his execution. Then he defeated her entire family and "drove" her brother to "suicide." Of course she hates him. I'm not trying to badmouth Phoenix here, I'm just saying that this is how she views him.

As for Phoenix, he states multiple times that people like Franziska disgust him. He flat-out says that he despises everything she stands for. She is selfish and prosecutes only for her family legacy and win-record, and he hates this. He also makes it very clear that he has no intention of giving her the benefit of the doubt and does not think she will ever change. This is evident at the end of JFA, when she is shocked that he doesn't care that his win record is ruined. She asks him how he can possibly be happy for losing. He dismisses her and responds that she will never understand. Franziska cannot learn how to live for others instead of herself from Phoenix because it is very obvious that he does not CARE if she changes, does not think it is possible, and has no intention of associating with her and trying to teach her the right path. Thus, anybody who can not help Franziska grow and become more mature is in my opinion a very bad match for her. It also shows he doesn't really care about her, making him a worse match.

However, there are a couple instances that can be interpreted as them showing compassion for each other. Neither of these scenes, in my interpretation of them, had anything to do with them caring about each other. Of course, it's subject to interpretation, and we can't say what they really intended, I'm just stating why I, personally, don't think these two instances are enough to make up for their obvious hatred for each other.

1. Phoenix brings her flowers in the hospital--My interpretation of this depends on the fact that de Killer told Phoenix that it was for Phoenix's sake that he shot Franziska. Phoenix, therefore, probably felt responsible for what happened to her and wanted to make it up to her. I thought it was a sort of "I'm sorry" gesture, not a "I'm in love with you" gesture. And of course, any concern he showed that she was shot was only natural--You don't need to be in love with a person to care that they got shot. I'd like to think Phoenix is a nice enough guy to visit somebody in the hospital when they get shot, regardless of who the somebody is.

2. She keeps his picture at the end--To be honest, when I played through this scene it never even crossed my mind that her keeping the card had anything to do with Phoenix at all. In the scene before this, she had been about to give up. She had been going to stop being a prosecutor and based on some things she said I wouldn't have even been surprised if she'd considered killing herself. However, by the end she'd decided to continue on. When she says she's going to keep the card so that she can give it back to Phoenix when she meets him in court again, I think the important part is that she's saying she's going to return and continue prosecuting. I thought it showed character development that she was going to continue on despite the fact that she was not perfect. In my opinion, this character development is cheapened when you say that she only kept the card because she loved Phoenix.

Of course, like I said, this is merely my interpretation, but I don't think my interpretation is any less likely than two people who obviously hate each other deciding they're in love.
A few other things to consider:
-In the second case, after Phoenix wins the trial, he rubs it in Franziska's face. Because of this, she whips him so hard that he falls unconcious. I think it's pretty sick to say that she hurt a guy until he fainted if she was in love with him :/
-In JFA overall, Phoenix does not have any sympathy for Franziska or try to understand her. He obviously does not care that she was raised by Manfred to believe, from birth, that if she was not perfect then she was not worthy of living. Phoenix does not try to understand what goes on in Franziska's life, as he just does not care about her in general.


Given their interactions in-game, I think any relationship between the two of them would overall be one big abusing mess of whipping and insults. I think it would be very, very hard for these two to understand each other, let alone fall in love, and it would obviously not be a healthy relationship. I just do not see them getting together, ever.

Anyway, that's just my take on the matter.


Hmm, not a bad rant at all. However, one thing you do forget is that to some people, hate = love. In short, the more two characters act like they hate eachother, the more they really love each other.


Oh, obviously people are going to pair together people who hate each other. I mean, look at the Harry Potter fandom--there's a huge fandom for HarryxDraco!
But I personally don't like hate pairings, so I was just saying why I think the pairing would never work. I really don't like it when people think that people who obviously hate each other are going to have sex o.0 I mean, it's good for crack, but that's just the way I see it. And there's no way for me to try to convince hateshippers that PhoenixFranziska is a bad pairing, for them, obviously, it's a good one.
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!

Gender: Male

Location: Back in the U.S.S.R.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:19 pm

Posts: 1914

Phoenix x Young Mia disgusts me. dunno why, it just does.
Image
Page 3 of 50 [ 1985 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 50  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO