Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]

Reason "Shadi" wanted to make Phoenix as(4-1 + 4-4 spoilers)Topic%20Title

a cheater was because he, Zak Gramayre was concerned about how Phoenix was treating his daughter.

When he heard about Phoenix's undefeated streak, he naturally would have figured out that Trucy's power had to have something to do with it. Thats not the way a parent should be treating their child, helping them cheat(which the true Phoenix from the PW trilogy would never have done), and since Phoenix was the new father, he wanted Phoenix to lose as his punishment for how he was using and manipulating Trucy.
Re: Reason "Shadi" wanted to make Phoenix as(4-1 + 4-4 spoilers)Topic%20Title

Overruled?

Yeah, never mind the fact that Phoenix is using that job to support the daughter Zak left behind after he had inadvertently ruined Phoenix's original career.

Not to mention the hypocrite used Trucy's Mr. Hat trick to escape the courthouse.

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

in b4 Zak is a jerk.

Just let it be known I fucking called it.
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
MyAnimeList | My PW/AA Stuff and Translations | My fic thread

Even with the "Zak is a jerk" thing, it still didn't make a whole lot of sense to me once I played 4-4. o.O;

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

Okay then, switch it around and you have Zak is a bastard/asshole/sonuvabitch.

Make your choice, I'm not picky. =p
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Sweet Earth Juice not included

DarkWobbuffet wrote:
Yeah, never mind the fact that Phoenix is using that job to support the daughter Zak left behind after he had inadvertently ruined Phoenix's original career.

Not to mention the hypocrite used Trucy's Mr. Hat trick to escape the courthouse.

And the fact that he countered "cheating" with more cheating a and woman beating.

I wanna study YOUR beauty

Oh yeah? Well Zak ISNT a jerk. XD

He's too cute to be a jerk >_>

Is there a problem with having your kid by you when you play poker? People do that all the time. I remember how pissed off someone got at me in a hotel, being near a blackjack table because I was a kid, and it's just common knowledge that parents use their kids' "luck" to help them win.

That is, assuming the characters that play against Phoenix know that. I'm sure he wouldn't have Trucy by him if his opponent had a problem with it.

Maybe. I forget sometimes not everyone knows the "culture" of a gambling city. <_<

Ok that was my 2 cents of that. Really the only reason Phoenix came out undefeated is because his ignorant opponents didn't mind his daughter being next to him at the games.

In The Middle of It Now

Oh, so Zak, the best parent in the world, decides 'That Phoenix is a terrible father. I know, I'll make him into a cheater! That'll do absolutely nothing, but it's fun!"

JERK.

Obsession : Godot

Right, he ruined phoenix's job before, by hiding the real evidence and ran way, leaving Trucy behind.
And now he ruin it again, by defeating him in a poker game that feeds his daughter.
He doesn't even bother to visit trucy although he got the chances.

If what you're saying is true, what did he expect by leaving his daughter to a stranger?
He should be grateful to Phoenix because he didn't throw Trucy away in the jungle.
siggy made by Vickinator
My DA account | Proud supporter of Miego and Klaviema

Surf's Up!

et91 wrote:
a cheater was because he, Zak Gramayre was concerned about how Phoenix was treating his daughter.

When he heard about Phoenix's undefeated streak, he naturally would have figured out that Trucy's power had to have something to do with it. Thats not the way a parent should be treating their child, helping them cheat(which the true Phoenix from the PW trilogy would never have done), and since Phoenix was the new father, he wanted Phoenix to lose as his punishment for how he was using and manipulating Trucy.

From the game script:

Quote:
Zak:...Seven years ago, we played. Seven years ago, I lost.

Zak: I already lost to Magnifi. I do not care to lose to another.

Zak: And I have heard that you never lose.

Phoenix: ...It's just a rumor.

Zak: Yes... for it is impossible to never lose. Unless one has an ace up one's sleeve.

Phoenix: ......

Zak: As a magician, it causes me no end of irritation.

Zak: To think a mere lawyer might be out there, pulling the wool over so many eyes.

Phoenix: Hey... I just signed your document for you. Maybe you could try lightening up?

Zak: That was that. This is this.

Zak: For my final competition, I will destroy your perfect record, Phoenix Wright.

Zak: This... will be my final performance. You are warned.

Nowhere does it state that Phoenix was mis-treating Trucy in any way. Zak was just irritated of Phoenix being undefeated at poker (and becoming quite a celebrity in the process).

A beautiful world indeed.

Still a light should have gone off, "Hey wait, if I do this, then my daughter's gonna suffer because of it", in that bone china pate of his :garyuu:

Zak just abandoned Trucy. That's not the way a parent should treat their child, just abandoning them while they 'dissappear'. ...

Zak had no idea Phoenix would adopt Trucy and he didn't care. Most people in that situation would not have, it's only because Phoenix is unusually kind hearted that he did so. Zak didn't care about Trucy at all and she was totally disposable to him. (Even exploiting her for the act of his disappearance/abandonment.. oh and letting Kristoph exploit her for Phoenix's demise.. ) He obviously has an irrational obsession with poker and apparently is jealous of Phoenix both for beating him and also I think he is jealous because though he discarded Trucy as worthless apparently Phoenix sees some worth in her (and I don't just mean to win poker games.) Possibly Zak resents the fact that he could have used her instead of abandoning her. Note he only cares about what personal gain he can get out of her, he doesn't care about Trucy herself. When he gives her the magic rights, it's only so Valant can't have them, not because he cares about Trucy at all.

It's entirely his own selfishness and jealousy which makes him want to destroy Phoenix.. again.

As for Phoenix.. what do you expect him to do? It's not his fault he's not a lawyer and this is the only job he can get. I think he partly was in that 'job' so he could keep an eye out for Zak's resurface, (he was always going to resurface in the poker circuit) and of course Kristoph. The whole world thinks he's a fraud, remember, so the temptation to bend the rules slightly so they don't starve to death is no doubt somewhat stronger.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

4-1 made more sense to me when I didn't know who "Shadi Smith" really was, honestly. He just seemed to be some random asshole who wanted to destroy Phoenix's perfect record for the sake of being an asshole. A little shallow, but hey, it works.

Then I play through 4-4 and I'm scratching my head as to why he'd want to do that to him. o.o Best I can come up with is a similar line of reasoning to icer's - he's basically just a selfish monster who doesn't give a shit about his own daughter.

... Which basically goes back to what I concluded during 4-1: he's simply an asshole. Just not a random one. It just kinda felt initially like he was written to be an illogical one. (Then again, whoever said the human race was logical?)

Cross-examining your posts!

I really didn't get Zak's motivation for trying to ruin Nick's life again either...

I don't even know how to express why it doesn't make sense to me... :gumshoe:
Formerly Avenger...

Godot Blend n.107

I thought Zak didn't know Trucy was adopted by Nick.

It went something like this:

Zak: So how is my daughter?
Phoenix: She's my daughte rnow, actually.

Rook Weslayen: Dual Attorney

FSTA wrote:
I really didn't get Zak's motivation for trying to ruin Nick's life again either...

I don't even know how to express why it doesn't make sense to me... :gumshoe:

Because it doesn't make sense. They're logic... seems highly flawed to me. :godot:
I don't think he wanted to ruin Nick's life at all, though he certainly didn't help.

NinjaMonkey wrote:

From the game script:

Quote:
Zak:... I will destroy your perfect record, Phoenix Wright.

First Franziska, now Zak?
Wow.
Nick has a lot of haters.
PEARL DIES TONIGHT

Waiting For Godot wrote:

This. Which would just make Zak someone who wanted to beat Phoenix up at poker.

.Storm Parakaitz wrote:
Waiting For Godot wrote:

If Zak didn't know Trucy had been adopted by Phoenix, at least temporarily, why would he be asking Phoenix how she was? Otherwise she would have gone to the orphanage or whatever and Phoenix wouldn't have seen her for the last 7 years, therefore it would not have made sense for Zak to ask.

Phoenix is claiming guardianship of Trucy, (since Zak abandoning her all all, kind of doesn't deserve to claim it).

Even if he only found out at that moment that Phoenix has been raising her for the past seven years, he's still quite the asshole for still going through with his plan anyway. No matter which way you look at it, it doesn't absolve him of that. Or of his violence against Olga. When you think about that part of what he did that night, you realize that he actually did Trucy a favor by leaving her in Phoenix's care, despite how despicable a thing it is to abandon your child. She would've been so much worse off in Zak's care, no doubt about that.

icer wrote:
.Storm Parakaitz wrote:
Waiting For Godot wrote:

If Zak didn't know Trucy had been adopted by Phoenix, at least temporarily, why would he be asking Phoenix how she was? Otherwise she would have gone to the orphanage or whatever and Phoenix wouldn't have seen her for the last 7 years, therefore it would not have made sense for Zak to ask.

Phoenix is claiming guardianship of Trucy, (since Zak abandoning her all all, kind of doesn't deserve to claim it).

My guess is that since Zak told Trucy she could trust Phoenix, he wanted to see what came out of that. The man knew his own daughter, and since he had the vanishing act planned out, he probably foresaw Trucy staying with Phoenix too.

Mind you this is all my opinion.

icer wrote:
.Storm Parakaitz wrote:
Waiting For Godot wrote:

Abandoning her? His other choice was going to jail because of the true jerk of the case, Valant.

Anyways, from what we saw of him in 4-4, the one person he did actually care about was his daughter

Surf's Up!

et91 wrote:
Anyways, from what we saw of him in 4-4, the one person he did actually care about was his daughter

If he really cared about Trucy, he'd have given the real diary page to Phoenix therby proving his innocence, so that he could continue to raise his daughter, instead of dumping her onto Phoenix. :welly:

.Storm Parakaitz wrote:
My guess is that since Zak told Trucy she could trust Phoenix, he wanted to see what came out of that. The man knew his own daughter, and since he had the vanishing act planned out, he probably foresaw Trucy staying with Phoenix too.

I don't think so. Practically nobody in the world would adopt some random child who was, in fact, the very pawn that destroyed their career, (especially when their career has just been destroyed). It's almost a stretch to believe Phoenix did so, and it took him 2 weeks to think of it. Zak would never have foreseen this, he would have assumed that the police/government department would send Trucy to an orphanage or something. The absolute limit I can see of Zak's prediction of Phoenix's involvement, is Phoenix contacting the police to take Trucy to the orphanage after the abandonment, not adopting her himself.

Yeah, honestly... no matter which way you look at it, Phoenix looks good and Zak looks like the douchebag he really is. Hate that guy.

Zak's not a douchebag. Valant is. Magnifi is. Drew and Zak are not, however much you people may seem to think they are.

Honestly, I'm just trying to figure out why "Shadi Smith's" poker character is different from Zak's character from 4-4

As far as I'm concerned, all of those guys are assholes.

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

Just let it be noted that I called it. =p

et91 wrote:
Zak's not a douchebag. Valant is. Magnifi is. Drew and Zak are not, however much you people may seem to think they are.

Honestly, I'm just trying to figure out why "Shadi Smith's" poker character is different from Zak's character from 4-4

Woa woa woa, Valant is not a douchebag. And what people thought DREW was a douchebag?

Who said Shadi and Zak had to have different "characters"?

Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)